• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Chariot

That's because the people on the discussion boards are just idiot trolls. It would shock me to learn that even a single one of them actually bought and played the game. Even the negative reviews that are written are mostly focusing on the poor lip-synching and the sketchy writing, or crashing issues.
Yeah, I mean, this is so over the top hilarious, it's probably a troll or someone who needs our pity:

BB9HBKe.png

Dr. Buni

Steam forums is basically /v/. You gain nothing from going there.
No, it's the fact that you don't need to pay to save the game.

An interview just mentioned an optional item that you can buy to respawn in the place where you died instead of going back IN RAID MODE.

The whole thing turned snowballed into a giant fucking deal, when it was nowhere near what they were reporting.

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic. As one of the few people excited for RE Revelations 2 it gets really fucking annoying to read all the misinformed hate it gets.
Except the hate isn't misinformed at all. Yes, paying is optional, but do you truly believe Revelations 2 wasn't developed with that in mind? The game is most likely balanced in a way that makes you really wish you bought the respawn item. So when someone says they wish Life is Strange was more akin to Revelation 2's model, you can expect people to laugh about it. As for me, I don't mind episodic releases (although I wish the gap between episodes was shorter), but the further this game stays from what Capcom do to their games, the better.

Astral

I just finished a second playthrough where I made the decisions I didn't make before and I feel like a giant dick lol. I did not expect Chloe to have
the gun David's missing. I thought Nathan was involved.
I feel like knowing that is gonna influence the decisions I make on future episodes on my first file. I don't like it.

Manu

Steam forums is basically /v/. You gain nothing from going there.

Except the hate isn't misinformed at all. Yes, paying is optional, but do you truly believe Revelations 2 wasn't developed with that in mind?

Yes, I do.

Maybe Raid Mode (aka, the only mode that uses the option) was.

EDIT: Yeah, let's try to keep this on topic.

kubus

PS4 theme. I also got it for free with the season pass (EU). It's really nice :).

Don't think it's sold separately as I didn't see it in the theme store. But when I bought the season pass it got added to my downloads.

Dinda

Hmmm. Wondering if I should spend 13.99 for a theme. Lol.

Can you post some screenshots or videos of it?

That's what i did! (own it on Steam already) I absolutely love the game, so in reality i just used the theme as an excuse for myself to give them (Dontnod) a bit more money. Think they deserve it.

Dinda

Hey at least you can get it. Anybody who got the season pass in NA get a theme?

Hm, i did get it with the complete Season Pass in Europe, but that isn't available at the moment in the US right? So maybe it's just because of that?

Nope, no music unfortunately.

Would pay €10 for a version of the theme that plays To All Of You :p.

Are you sure there is no Music? I could swear there was when i tested it. Sadly nothing with vocals, but there was some music....Have to take a look when i get home.

Edit: I just checked (with remote play on my phone) and you are right, it's just the standard PS4 sound.

Gazkapop

Is there any separate option to buy episodes 2-5 on the EU PS store?

I'm really wanting to try this out by buying episode 1 but I don't want to end up paying extra for the season pass if I like it just because I bought episode 1 separately.

EDIT: Found it. Guess I'll be giving this a shot!

--R

Banned

I'm really wanting to try this out by buying episode 1 but I don't want to end up paying extra for the season pass if I like it just because I bought episode 1 separately.

Yep, the Season Pass have episodes 2-5 and it costs 17€. The one who have all the episodes is the 'Complete Season' which costs 20€.

Pretty sure they do! Although it's cheaper to get the full season pass as opposed to Ep 1 + Ep 2-5 season pass (I think a dollar/euro/pound difference)

edit: Beaten, but for accuracy's sake it's a 2 dollar difference

kubus

Yep they actually made two season passes for exactly that purpose. The full season pass has episode 1-5 (€20), and there's a mini season pass containing episodes 2-5 (€17).

edit: beaten. sadface

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Game is really restrictive and uninvolving from a gameplay driven narrative standpoint.

Really weak opening segment.

Funnels you through everything.

Exploration doesn't seem thought out to embrace storytelling from player agency.

I keep thinking back to the spontaneous moments of exploration and narrative in TLOU, and how it felt like the devs were always a step ahead of you, and thought of every possible interaction could feed you info in a rewarding way.

This feels weak.

Couldn't even pilot that chicks drone around ffs...

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Game's awesome, and I did fly the Drone, which was also awesome.

The drone flies itself... Right?

I didn't get a chance to even move the camera around.

It was just an in game video basically.

Dinda

The drone flies itself... Right?

I didn't get a chance to even move the camera around.

It was just an in game video basically.

yeah, and that's good. This isn't exactly a big budget game, and i really wouldn't want them to waist time/money on implementing such a gimmick. Yeah yeah i know it's only a fly cam, but they still must have to implement it that it feels good and not just like some debug command.
It was great the way it was.

BiGBoSSMk23

yeah, and that's good. This isn't exactly a big budget game, and i really wouldn't want them to waist time/money on implementing such a gimmick. Yeah yeah i know it's only a fly cam, but they still must have to implement it that it feels good and not just like some debug command.
It was great the way it was.

Yeah, no. I'm sorry. Your opinion is your opinion and all, but this is 2015.

Standards have evolved, and for a game that tells you its all about choices and consequence, the feeling of player agency and intuition is neutered.

Dinda

Yeah, no. I'm sorry. Your opinion is your opinion and all, but this is 2015.

Standards have evolved, and for a game that tells you its all about choices and consequence, the feeling of player agency and intuition is neutered.

Oh my god, because you couldn't fly the drone? Are you serious?
And then what, 90% of the people would crash into something, so in your perfect game you would of course demand the correct reaction of you destroying her drone, and that would lead to a whole new path in the future of the game.

Yeah have fun developing that and never release a game..

I'm really liking it so far, even if the pretentious hipster stuff usually bores me to death. Here it's kinda cute. I don't mind the lod/texture pop in, but the broken lipsync is actually hurting my game experience. Considering that it seems like the lipsync was actually mapped and it's in there somewhere, it could be fixed by a patch so I'm considerung giving it some time and waiting for an update.

BiGBoSSMk23

Oh my god, because you couldn't fly the drone? Are you serious?
And then what, 90% of the people would crash into something, so in your perfect game you would of course demand the correct reaction of you destroying her drone, and that would lead to a whole new path in the future of the game.

Yeah have fun developing that and never release a game..

You need to relax.

The drone is just an example of something simple that could have been used to involve the player.

I'm giving my impressions as I play the game. And so far, for the genre, it feels very restrictive.

Don't get offended cause I'm not liking something you do.

Dinda

You need to relax.

The drone is just an example of something simple that could have been used to involve the player.

I'm giving my impressions as I play the game. And so far, for the genre, it feels very restrictive.

Don't get offended cause I'm not liking something you do.

I'm not offended at all, but don't you agree with what i said about the drone? Such things have consequences, and it is far more unrealistic to not have reactions to them than to not give the player the choice in the first place. They also wanted to have a well choreographed flight, which was a fantastic scene i thought.

Of course, it's your opinion, but as a fan of adventure games (the genre of the game, which btw TLoU isn't) i don't know of many games that would involve you a lot more. Certainly not the new Telltale etc games.

Top Bottom