• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wrapped up episode 1 and enjoyed it a lot. I used to do graphic design and took some photography classes so I already liked the general premise a lot.

I really liked the way choices are handled and how it never seemed to be a best one to go for. Hopefully they have real impact later on. Only big gripe was the awkward lip sync, hopefully that gets better in later episodes.

Danj

Does anyone know what the cameras are that Max uses? I'm assuming they're both Polaroids (but maybe I'm mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong), one looks like a 600 series (80s models, not the curvy 90s ones) and the other looks like a Spectra Pro?

Filben

victoria__life_is_strange__by_fiever-d8gngjr.jpg
Minimalistic. Like it a lot!

jediyoshi

Does anyone know what the cameras are that Max uses? I'm assuming they're both Polaroids (but maybe I'm mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong), one looks like a 600 series (80s models, not the curvy 90s ones) and the other looks like a Spectra Pro?

No idea the exact model, but fun fact: the actual filenames for the models refer to both of them as polaroids.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think one thing that elevates this over the quality of Telltale's recent output is the fact that they used motion capture for a lot of the animation. Really helps with the characters. Shame about the facial animation though, they look great but veer into uncanny valley quite a bit, although they only had like one guy doing the rigging so it's a given.

Lucina

Banned
Wrapped up episode 1 and enjoyed it a lot. I used to do graphic design and took some photography classes so I already liked the general premise a lot.

I really liked the way choices are handled and how it never seemed to be a best one to go for. Hopefully they have real impact later on. Only big gripe was the awkward lip sync, hopefully that gets better in later episodes.

Reading the thread now, and the impressions are getting me so excited. Kind of bummed to find out it's episodic. As I want the whole thing. But this game looks so incredible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Reading the thread now, and the impressions are getting me so excited. Kind of bummed to find out it's episodic. As I want the whole thing. But this game looks so incredible.

Episodic releases have their charms. Gives you something to look forward to throughout the year, and you get to join in on bursts of discussion as it happens.

Do we know of the trial is come to PC? Struggling to convince mates to give it a go.

Anyone on the fence, just do it. It's £4, you'll easily get that much in enjoyment from it.

Dr. Buni

I am actually starting to enjoy episodic releases, mainly because this model gives me more time and freedom to fully explore an episode before moving on to the next.

I only wish the gap between the episodes were shorter... like, two weeks or three at most.

Nuke Soda

I am actually starting to enjoy episodic releases, mainly because this model gives me more time and freedom to fully explore an episode before moving on to the next.

I only wish the gap between the episodes were shorter... like, two weeks or three at most.

The gap between episode 1 and 2 isn't that bad. Try waiting for Tales From the Borderlands episode 2. ;)

I'm most worried about releases slipping. I think Telltale originally planned for monthly releases and we wound up waiting as much 3 months in between episodes :l To add insult to injury, these releases were janky as fuck. I hope DontNod were realistic with their release estimates

Lol, thanks Internet.

Dr. Buni

November 25th was the launch for episode 1 and there is still no date that I know of for episode 2. And also in that time Telltale released two Game of Thrones episodes.
:O Yikes. I am glad I haven't picked it up yet (I think I should probably finish Borderlands 2 first anyways).
I'm most worried about releases slipping. I think Telltale originally planned for monthly releases and we wound up waiting as much 3 months in between episodes :l To add insult to injury, these releases were janky as fuck. I hope DontNod were realistic with their release estimates
Yeah. So do I.

Altairre

The gap between episode 1 and 2 isn't that bad. Try waiting for Tales From the Borderlands episode 2. ;)

God dammit, don't remind me. Especially since I think the first episode of TftB is the best first episode they've done so far. GoT is fine but they should hurry up (it's fine, I'd rather they bring out quality episodes than rushing it).

Will give Life is Strange a shot though, just haven't really had the time for it yet. Super interested to see how it turned out. Remember Me had an amazing art style and a lot of potential, it just didn't play very well and wasted a lot of the decent world building.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a video of this game somehow, probably a link from gaf a few weeks ago, and I hadn't heard of it before that at all. I watched like 5 minutes of that on youtube and though "Cool, wish there were more games like this, too bad it's only PS4..." then found out it was on PC, and on sale last week.

So, I bought the whole thing immediately, no impressions or reviews, because I liked the premise so much.

Finished it today and yeah, gut feeling won out, it's pretty awesome. It was a fun little adventure. Hopefully it doesn't get too actiony later on and the wait times aren't so bad I forget what was going on.

Choomp

Banned
God dammit, don't remind me. Especially since I think the first episode of TftB is the best first episode they've done so far. GoT is fine but they should hurry up (it's fine, I'd rather they bring out quality episodes than rushing it).

Jeeez it's been so long. I resent GoT episode 2 just cause it's not Tales.

It'll be here soon enough.
#TeamLoaderBot
tumblr_nft1wtcCpj1qk3980o4_250.gif

Psshhh Daniel's overt with his advances while Warren's trying to sneak in thru the back door with that "friend" loophole. "Hey Max, dig my epic taste in films brah, gotta check out that Cannibal Holocaust girlfriend-pleaseloveme..." He also has a creepy "Max" folder.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Daniel will get ripped as fuck in the last episode, beat up his bullies, save Max and marry her with a scene of them riding on a horse to the horizon.

#DontBookMarkMe

Dr. Buni

One of my most played games from the last gen and also one of my favorites.
I was having a good time with it, shame my computer's CPU suddenly went nuts. Can't wait to fix the issue and go back to the game (as well as Xenoblade).

Btw, should I play the first Borderlands too? For story purposes?

Choomp

Banned
I was having a good time with it, shame my computer's CPU suddenly went nuts. Can't wait to fix the issue and go back to the game (as well as Xenoblade).

Btw, should I play the first Borderlands too? For story purposes?

Is this in preparation for Tales From the Borderlands? Yeah, play it, just get an idea of the story and major characters. I think 2 is more related to Tales however.

Dr. Buni

Is this in preparation for Tales From the Borderlands? Yeah, play it, just get an idea of the story and major characters. I think 2 is more related to Tales however.
No, I'd be playing Borderlands 2 even if Tales From wasn't a thing, but since it is and I plan to play it, I want to experience the full story of the series, so if Borderlands is related to 2 and Tales From, I definitely want to play it at some point.

Choomp

Banned
Someone needs to shop his face here.
Vadim-Skornyakov-Dances-During-Body-Building-Competition.gif

I see the Vince McMahon gif in Daniel's future

Reila said:
No, I'd be playing Borderlands 2 even if Tales From wasn't a thing, but since it is and I plan to play it, I want to experience the full story of the series, so if Borderlands is related to 2 and Tales From, I definitely want to play it at some point.

Imo don't even need to play through 'em all, found them really lacking gameplay wise. I'd just want to get to Tales ASAP.

Top Bottom