• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Choomp

Banned
10942534_10203777781661793_1519497211_n.jpg

Is there a taller version of this picture I can use for my phone background? So annoying trying to find all this stuff online.

I have zero connection with teenage girls or their College struggles so the game just doesnt interest me in that respect.

Jeez, I don't have any connection with teenage girls or their college struggles either.

But I enjoyed the game immensely because it allowed me to empathize, and to try and see the world the characters are in through the lens they have to look through.

If games only allowed us to connect with the worlds we already live in and know, what the heck kind of fun would that be?

brau

Throwing my fan art into the mix, loved the game, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

That looks pretty awesome man. Good job!

I am gonna go there...
the hair looks better here than in the game.

HAH! there.

Glass

Thanks for the kind words all, this is definitely a game which is going to inspire some cracking art.

It's all about the shapes and nice brushes. The brushes will give it that texture look to it.

Yep this is it. I drew it in photoshop, I use a mouse rather then a wacom tablet (am useless with them), which gives it the angular look, then I go nuts with the brushes and texture layers on top.

brau

Thanks for the kind words all, this is definitely a game which is going to inspire some cracking art.

Yea. looking at the hand painted loose art style, really motivated me to think about working on an environment with that qualities and lighting.

When i am done i am totally sharing it.

Endo Punk

What is it about referencing recent pop culture and smartphone/social media life style that immediately turns me off a game. Happened with this game and last year with Sunset Overdrive. I'd love to play a game in a school/college setting just not in a modern setting, man what I wouldnt do for a Bully game set in the 90's.

What is it about referencing recent pop culture and smartphone/social media life style that immediately turns me off a game. Happened with this game and last year with Sunset Overdrive. I'd love to play a game in a school/college setting just not in a modern setting, man what I wouldnt do for a Bully game set in the 90's.

That's interesting, that was one of the things that made me far more interested in the game and world. Far more relatable to me when they reference real things as opposed to generic fake names that you see in other media. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Choomp

Banned
That's interesting, that was one of the things that made me far more interested in the game and world. Far more relatable to me when they reference real things as opposed to generic fake names that you see in other media. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Same here. Max's relatability and innocence made me want to go in there and hug her.

Endo Punk

It's not that I can't relate I am sorta of this era being in my 20's but it's just, I dunno, it makes me cringe. I guess when I play games I don't want to be reminded of facebook and selfies and shit. On the other I can see why it definitely would be relatable. Maybe I need a decade to accept modern trends. I can play a game set in other era's and relish in the experience but when it's about lifestyle of today be it GTAV, Life is Strange or Sunset I can't stomach the writing even if I am really into the gameplay, and tbh Life is Strange definitely looks fun from what I have seen on live at ps with sound on mute.

Certinty

I've had a PS4 since launch and my partner has literally never played it, keeps saying how there is nothing on the console for her to play.

Anyway a few days ago I thought I would show her this is the PS4 to see if she liked it and not only did she like it she completed the whole episode in one sitting and right after it asked me to download episode 2 before I told her she would have to wait 6 weeks and her getting mad at me for ever introducing her to it.

I've been trying to get her to become a gamer for quite some years now and thanks to this game it feels like I've made the biggest step yet!

Dinda

I've had a PS4 since launch and my partner has literally never played it, keeps saying how there is nothing on the console for her to play.

Anyway a few days ago I thought I would show her this is the PS4 to see if she liked it and not only did she like it she completed the whole episode in one sitting and right after it asked me to download episode 2 before I told her she would have to wait 6 weeks and her getting mad at me for ever introducing her to it.

I've been trying to get her to become a gamer for quite some years now and thanks to this game it feels like I've made the biggest step yet!

Good, now to get her over the long 6 weeks wait, do you have an PC? (or an IPad?)
If so you must make her play "The longest Journey" which is a Point and Click Adventure, and for me, one of the best games ever created.
And it has without a doubt my favourite Video Game Protagonist of all time in April Ryan.
Just make sure to have a Walktrough ready and look at it when you don't know how to advance (especially if you have a blue rubber duck in your inventory)

TLJ seemed to be one of the inspirations for this game, and stuff like the diary written in the view of the protagonist are present in both. Arcadia ia also a place of great importance in TLJ, even though, a very different one.

But the game is way over a decade old now, and some people have problems getting into these games today, but believe me it's totally worth it.

If she likes it you would want to play Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters after that.

Mista

Banned
My first post in this thread said that the game is boring. I played the episode again and I take it back. The game is good so I just bought the season pass.

kubus

I still get a little iffy about some things and rather keep my account

Dunno if Kubus and Brau were hinting something or just being silly.
Nah, wasn't hinting or anything, just joking around :).

I thought the pic was funny (I mean, we were ALL thinking it) but yeah, you can never be too careful. I remember the Animal Crossing New Leaf thread getting locked because things got too "lewd" in there, or something :p.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Nah, wasn't hinting or anything, just joking around :).

I thought the pic was funny (I mean, we were ALL thinking it) but yeah, you can never be too careful. I remember the Animal Crossing New Leaf thread getting locked because things got too "lewd" in there, or something :p.
How.... I dont want to know.
yeah I'll just not do it then lol.

Reedirect

Well, fuck. I'm working on a localization for LiS to my local language and it seems that I'm officially falling into spoiler territory for E2, since the leak just gave us a huge opportunity to have it ready by the time E2 drops in March.

It's been nice, guys.
;(

Top Bottom