• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Grisby

Finished. Good time. In retrospect I should have realized what the big bad enemy was going to be.

You can just jump back in to get collectables and not mess with your save right?

I'm really looking to the other episodes. Some of the dialogue was a bit eeehhhh but I got a pretty good (albeit sad and depressing) feeling from the game. DN nailed that visual look, and I really liked the lighting.

So yeah, I'm full on for this series. ON another note you guys better keep coming up with funny and cool artwork to pass the time.

lil

You can just jump back in to get collectables and not mess with your save right?

Yep! Go to play episode one, chapter select, pick one and most of them will have a collectible mode that won't change any of your decisions.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm thinking this...

Quick template.
d0fbb90eef.png

...with this, with Glass' permission, of course, would look great.

Throwing my fan art into the mix, loved the game, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

5N9vqmX.jpg

And cheers. Shy Guy is the best<3

Yep! Go to play episode one, chapter select, pick one and most of them will have a collectible mode that won't change any of your decisions.

Just finished it, occasionally cringe worthy dialogue aside (Let's say hella mad times like the kids fuck!) I enjoyed it,

I had no idea there were collectibles at all though. Are they find-able in non collectible mode too?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just finished it, occasionally cringe worthy dialogue aside (Let's say hella mad times like the kids fuck!) I enjoyed it,

I had no idea there were collectibles at all though. Are they find-able in non collectible mode too?

Yeah, they're in a tab on the journal as photo opportunities. They have a rough sketch of each one to give you an idea of where it might be.

They're the optional photos that you can take. There is a journal page that gives hints as to where they are. And yes, you can get them in non collectible mode. It's just that collectible mode protects your decisions.

lil

Also, chapter select will tell you what chapter you have unfound photos in! It's right below the pictures for each.

I'm thinking this...

And cheers. Shy Guy is the best<3

Oooh, that is actually A+ avatar material right there. :eek:

Karak

Karak's review sold me on this game. However, I abhor waiting for episodic releases so it's best to wait until the second game and play them together to get the full experience.

Glad you liked the review Furyous. I know so many people who are waiting for just that reason. I admit I feel a bit of a desire to play all of them myself but I jumped into LIS without warning and was surprised by its excellence.

All this doodling makes me wanna make draw something myself. I haven't drawn anything since high school and that was like 12 years ago. A close friend of mine finally dropped all the office racket to pursue his dream of animation. Kinda makes me jealous when I see all the cool doodles he posts on instagram :l

Anyone know how this game is doing sales wise? I quite like Dontnod and really hope they've got a hit on their hands, especially after the financial disappointment of Remember Me.

Choomp

Banned
All this doodling makes me wanna make draw something myself. I haven't drawn anything since high school and that was like 12 years ago. A close friend of mine finally dropped all the office racket to pursue his dream of animation. Kinda makes me jealous when I see all the cool doodles he posts on instagram :l

Honestly I've never wanted to be good at drawing until now. I can't draw shit.

Btw I found Warren's theme Feat. Chris Pine

What is up with Max's complete lack of reaction to who Chloe's stepdad is? You can look right at the photo and she seems completely oblivious.

Also strange how choosing not to sign the petition doesn't change her dialogue when looking at the posters.

I've been wondering about this as well.

I hope sales are living up to their expectations.

For what it's worth, the game seems to have struck a chord with it's intended audience. Impressions have been good and you tend to see it hovering around the Top New Releases on Steam.

Hell, I'm pretty surprised with how good the user scores on Metacritic are. I was certain this game was going to get brigaded to hell and back since it was quickly identified by gamergate as some sort of 'SJW none-game.'

I would hope LiS is doing better than Remember Me did (and doing well in general) between the fact it has better reviews, has been released on far more platforms, and with a much more attractive price point (demo, one episode separately). I would also imagine that as long as the quality stays up there should a continuing uptick in sales every episode, especially one after the series is done.

But yeah, I hope sales so far have met (or surpassed!) expectations.

Just finished it. It was good but I'm getting indigo prophecy vibes.
well that's good considering that nothing still to this day can even touch Indigo Prophecy's intro stages (first 1-2 hours of game), sure it all goes to shit later on, but no one could deny that strong opening

Well, fuck. I'm working on a localization for LiS to my local language and it seems that I'm officially falling into spoiler territory for E2, since the leak just gave us a huge opportunity to have it ready by the time E2 drops in March.

It's been nice, guys.
;(

Leak?

Edit: Oh, someone leaked it on 4chan.

Well then.

Honestly I've never wanted to be good at drawing until now. I can't draw shit.

Btw I found Warren's theme Feat. Chris Pine

I was alright in HS. I just never cultivated my skill. My friend was much better and had a really cool pulp/urban style. He's even better now with the proper tutelage. I might try sketching Chloe. I like Max but Chloe is much more visually interesting

I'm pretty sure "Lightning enthusiast" subtracts several points from your overall attractiveness lol

So apparently Episode 2 files are in the PC version and people have got them up and running???

I'm loving the premise of this game so far but I'm not sure if the ~6 weeks between episodes will cause me to lose interest. I think I may wait til they all drop and bulk play it.

Glass

I'm thinking this...

Absolutely, go for it!

The wait between episodes is an interesting one, this is the first episodic game I've played whilst episodes were still coming out. I've only ever blitzed through The Walking Dead over a day or two when all 5 were out.

Haxxona

Banned
So I checked my IG post of the Max drawing I did, and a name stood out to me (Hannah Telle):

As it turns out, she's the voice of Max!!!
That is just awesome. I remember when I IG'ed my Child of Light edit and Coeur de Pirate and the lead programmer on CoL liked it :p
Best moment of IG For me

Sooo since I've already paid for it, I decided to grab that leak and play through the second episode.

I'm going to play through it again when they release it officially, as it definitely needs some polish and some of the dialogue doesn't seem to be final but needless to say I think people will be pleased.

Very vague spoilers:
It starts out much like the first episode, and you find out more about why Kate's upset. Then you meet Chloe's mom, and for a few scenes the episode starts to drag, although you get more backstory about the town, the Prescotts, and Chloe's family. Later it starts to pick up again, and there's something specific I won't spoil.

I think the wait for the third episode won't be too bad--there's a lot less unresolved at the end of this episode.

Wait, the second episode is already PLAYABLE? o_O

It got leaked on 4chan. It's playable but it lacks a lot of polish and some of the dialogue is clunky and refers to things that didn't happen, so I think those trees will be changed.

Edit: According to Razer Cortex's time tracking thing, it took me 2.5 hrs and I missed about half of the collectibles.

There's a URL in EP 2 that if you actually go to goes to a page with the title "Life is Strange" and gives you an error saying "The content of this page has been deleted." I wonder if they actually plan to make that live at some point.

56905cb06d.jpg

ash_ag

Finished it today. It makes me sad... if they only had treated Remember Me like this instead of a brawler.

While it's true that Remember Me's combat wasn't its strong point, isn't it amazing how conscious DONTNOD is on what its strengths and weaknesses were? Life is Strange invests on what they did right in Remember Me and throws away everything else, and to me that's a big win for a young studio. It shows that they listen to critique and they aren't stubborn with one idea (at the risk of losing their audience's faith and patience).

That's also in part the reason why I'm excited for Vampyr. An Action/RPG stands perfectly between an Action game and an Adventure game. If they are to revisit Action gameplay concepts, this is a very proper way to do it after their experience with Remember Me and Life is Strange.

Dinda

Neogaffer1, is it really necesarry to post this stuff here? I have no idea how the official stance of the forum is regarding this stuff, but the simple fact that people post this here makes me want to avoid this thread. And that's a shame, because i really like it here.

The spoiler tags don't change anything, because now i always have to fear that other people have read them and don't know if the are maybe spoiling me, or they forget to spoiler tag their answers to your spoilers.

Such a shame really.

Dr. Buni

Neogaffer1, is it really necesarry to post this stuff here? I have no idea how the official stance of the forum is regarding this stuff, but the simple fact that people post this here makes me want to avoid this thread. And that's a shame, because i really like it here.

The spoiler tags don't change anything, because now i always have to fear that other people have read them and don't know if the are maybe spoiling me, or they forget to spoiler tag their answers to your spoilers.

Such a shame really.
Agreed. Neogaffer1's posts and posts like the Victoria brazzer one is making this thread really uncomfortable, which is a shame, because I don't usually visit OTs, but I was really liking this one.

Ferrio

Banned
While it's true that Remember Me's combat wasn't its strong point, isn't it amazing how conscious DONTNOD is on what its strengths and weaknesses were? Life is Strange invests on what they did right in Remember Me and throws away everything else, and to me that's a big win for a young studio. It shows that they listen to critique and they aren't stubborn with one idea (at the risk of losing their audience's faith and patience).

That's also in part the reason why I'm excited for Vampyr. An Action/RPG stands perfectly between an Action game and an Adventure game. If they are to revisit Action gameplay concepts, this is a very proper way to do it after their experience with Remember Me and Life is Strange.

I was always convinced Remember Me was suppose to be more like Life is Strange, but some exec said it needed combat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was always convinced Remember Me was suppose to be more like Life is Strange, but some exec said it needed combat.

That'd be a shame if it happened like that. Would kinda remind me of swery originally not having combat to Deadly Premonition, but the publisher said it wouldn't sell in the US without it so they added it in. D4 stripped that and is just focused on what he's better at.

If people start posting leaked spoilers, that's me out as well. A spoiler thread exists - I just want to play through these games on my own time.

I don't mind so much spoilers for stuff that's already happened (and theories around it). That's fair game, in my opinion.

The Brazzers stuff doesn't bother me too much, but if it does make people uncomfortable, then probably best to end that now.

Also, brilliant artwork guys. Keep it up :)

Top Bottom