• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Mista

Banned
If people start posting leaked spoilers, that's me out as well. A spoiler thread exists - I just want to play through these games on my own time.

I don't mind so much spoilers for stuff that's already happened (and theories around it). That's fair game, in my opinion.

The Brazzers stuff doesn't bother me too much, but if it does make people uncomfortable, then probably best to end that now.

Also, brilliant artwork guys. Keep it up :)

The spoilers thread is no place for upcoming episodes spoilers too

Symphonia

Banned
I think if spoilers are clearly marked, I see no reason why they can't be posted in here. If someone reads a spoiler after it has been marked appropriately, they have themselves to blame. For example...

**LEAKED EPISODE 2 SPOILERS**
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE OFFICER DICKHEAD IS MAX'S DAD!
**END SPOILERS*

...would be fine. Anything less than that is not.

I think if spoilers are clearly marked, I see no reason why they can't be posted in here. If someone reads a spoiler after it has been marked appropriately, they have themselves to blame. For example...

**LEAKED EPISODE 2 SPOILERS**
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE OFFICER DICKHEAD IS MAX'S DAD!
**END SPOILERS*

...would be fine. Anything less than that is not.

Problem is, you can't quote without viewing the spoilers.

And now you've just fucking ruined ep 2 for me.

Keep future spoilers out of here.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think that was meant to be an example of how to structure the post, not a real spoiler.

Something like that I could see maybe working in the spoiler thread which is otherwise unmarked, but ultimately most people aren't going to want to participate and it might still veer others from using the thread.

Chariot

I too think that this shouldn't be a place for the leaked spoilers. I presume most of us want to enjoy the game by themselves. Who want to read the spoilers can go to /v/ for that.

kubus

OK this thread is starting to become like a spoiler minefield and I don't like that. I'm making a rule now: NO episode 2 spoilers allowed in this thread, not even if they are spoiler marked.

I think rules similar to the Game of the Thrones (TV show) thread would fit best here. Meaning: if you have read future episode spoilers, or played leaked content, please refrain from posting here. Or at least, please don't comment on speculations, speculate yourself, drop hints, or make any comments regarding the game's story. I guess it's fine to comment on fan-art or general stuff, I don't want to ban people who accidentally got spoiled. But please, people are paranoid as it is with the leaked content out, don't make things worse.

Those who have chosen to play/watch/read future episode content, you're free to make a new thread where you can discuss it freely without spoiling the experience of those who want to wait for the official release(s).

Dinda

The fuck, did he really put an actual spoiler in this tag? In a post that basically asks for people afraid of spoilers to answer? I can't fucking believe it.

Sorry guys, I'm taking a break from this thread for a week, can't be keeping track of what is a spoiler, what's not, what's a bad joke (or maybe being played off as one - I don't know). I want to enjoy this game.

Have fun talking / drawing.

Symphonia

Banned
The fuck, did he really put an actual spoiler in this tag? In a post that basically asks for people afraid of spoilers to answer? I can't fucking believe it.
No, I didn't.

The example used in my post is NOT a spoiler. It is a joke, used to show how spoiler tags are to be used in this thread. I repeat, IT IS NOT REAL!

Chariot

OK this thread is starting to become like a spoiler minefield and I don't like that. I'm making a rule now: NO episode 2 spoilers allowed in this thread, not even if they are spoiler marked.

I think rules similar to the Game of the Thrones (TV show) thread would fit best here. Meaning: if you have read future episode spoilers, or played leaked content, please refrain from posting here. Or at least, please don't comment on speculations, speculate yourself, drop hints, or make any comments regarding the game's story. I guess it's fine to comment on fan-art or general stuff, I don't want to ban people who accidentally got spoiled. But please, people are paranoid as it is with the leaked content out, don't make things worse.

Those who have chosen to play/watch/read future episode content, you're free to make a new thread where you can discuss it freely without spoiling the experience of those who want to wait for the official release(s).
Reasonable.

No he didn't. He just put some random thing there.
No, I didn't.

The example used in my post is NOT a spoiler. It is a joke, used to show how spoiler tags are to be used in this thread. I repeat, IT IS NOT REAL!
You should replace it with something more ridiculous. This is really throwing people off.

Dinda

No, I didn't.

OK good, but as Chariot said, please use something that is very clear in such cases.

I approve of this.

lumi7890

Not a real spoiler, but gonna block it out just in case.
it's nice to see dontnod to have the characters in different clothes for each day I cant tell you how much this lack of detail bothers me in some games

edit- just read kubus's post, if you think my post is to much, i'll delete it

Choomp

Banned
Not a real spoiler, but gonna block it out just in case.
it's nice to see dontnod to have the characters in different clothes for each day I cant tell you how much this lack of detail bothers me in some games

edit- just read kubus's post, if you think my post is to much, i'll delete it

The games attention to detail all around is pretty good. Hopefully it grows throughout.

Really good stuff. In addition, what should the regulations be for the inevitable trailers of the upcoming episodes? Spoiler tags? Or should that just go in the spoiler and speculation thread?

naeS

Jeez, I miss one day of posts. But I agree with this.

Wait what, so the whole 2nd episode got leaked? How the hell does that even happen? It's a shame, not only are there spoilers in the translation files but now that the whole 2nd episode is out I might find spoiler pictures too, great :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
tumblr_nja093dQrE1qdf1guo1_r5_1280.png

http://soratane.tumblr.com/post/110122743881/hella
This is unbelievably spot on.

Sounds good, wasn't going to talk about it anymore anyways.

wut? this is a thing? really?

Yeah, the 4chan post said something about it already being in the Episode One files, and all the "leak" is is a few files in the binaries folder and a bunch of stuff in a "DLC" folder. I'm guessing it's turned off or something in Episode One and the "leak" just unpatches it. But that's besides the point now.

YRuafraid

Banned
Just finished Ep1. I'm highly anticipating the next ones.. this was great and very charming, I hope the next ones continue this trend.

I really don't like Chloe...

I hate how she was dancing on her bed like an idiot... She blamed Max for the weed without a second thought, wtf is up with that? And she claims Nathan drugged her and (raped?) that's why they met in the bathroom, so he could pay her, but if I recall they were dealing drugs..so is she lying about that? If so screw this bitch, I want to replay this and not take a fall for her

Also, I did not see Chloe like this in the game (removed img tags in case of spoiler):

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3355088/Life_is_Strange_Chloe_gun.0.jpg

Is this an alternate route in Ep 1 depending on the choices? I wonder how different the scenarios are with different choices.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just finished Ep1. I'm highly anticipating the next ones.. this was great and very charming, I hope the next ones continue this trend.

I really don't like Chloe...

I hate how she was dancing on her bed like an idiot... She blamed Max for the weed without a second thought, wtf is up with that? And she claims Nathan drugged her and (raped?) that's why they met in the bathroom, so he could pay her, but if I recall they were dealing drugs..so is she lying about that? If so screw this bitch, I want to replay this and not take a fall for her

Also, I did not see Chloe like this in the game (removed img tags in case of spoiler):

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3355088/Life_is_Strange_Chloe_gun.0.jpg

Is this an alternate route in Ep 1 depending on the choices? I wonder how different the scenarios are with different choices.

Hide in the closet when the step douche is about to enter and then defend chloe and say the pot is yours. She will reveal she stole her step dad gun.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Hide in the closet when the step douche is about to enter and then defend chloe and say the pot is yours. She will reveal she stole her step dad gun.

It was so odd since if you stay out and not take the blame it's pretty depressing but take it blame and it's meh. Hide in closet and take the blame and it's the best on getting trust, hide through it and it's meh

btw
Censored

brau

I kinda like how they are using the choices here. Not really sure what big of an impact things will have later in the game. But i hope that it does branch out significantly.

It would make the game more interesting, since the choices so far are not so black and white, and it makes you second guess since you have the ability to rewind time.

YRuafraid

Banned

I couldn't hide in the closet though... I tried and stuff fell over and blocked me... is it because I knocked over that box Max tries to reach in her room while looking for the CD?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I couldn't hide in the closet though... I tried and stuff fell over and blocked me... is it because I knocked over that box Max tries to reach in her room while looking for the CD?

Rewind and move the lamp away from the closet and open the closet again.

Symphonia

Banned
Once you knock the lamp over trying to open the wardrobe, you can rewind time and move it so it doesn't fall over. You can then hide in the wardrobe.

You have to rewind after opening the closet, when you do you can reset the lamp so it won't fall and then you can hide.

edit: beaten twice over lol

YRuafraid

Banned
Rewind and move the lamp away from the closet and open the closet again.

Once you knock the lamp over trying to open the wardrobe, you can rewind time and move it so it doesn't fall over. You can then hide in the wardrobe.

You have to rewind after opening the closet, when you do you can reset the lamp so it won't fall and then you can hide.

edit: beaten twice over lol

Thank you... :) keep forgetting she has powers

Menome

I don't get it, don't they hate these kind of games unless if it's an erotic visual novel? Anything with a female protagonist or not about killing hundreds of enemies?

Hence why releasing an unfinished version to undermine the developers and being able to spoil the plot for the players is of paramount importance to them.

I played the first chapter for second time to get all the trophies and now I think
Max and Amber the lost girl are the same person

I don't know why but I can feel it :)

Chariot

I played the first chapter for second time to get all the trophies and now I think
Max and Amber the lost girl are the same person

I don't know why but I can feel it :)
I could see that.
Rachel could be future Max who somehow traveled back in time to spend time with the lonely Chloe. But then again, would be a bit dickish, that she didn't seem to have done anything for Kate.

Top Bottom