• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Choomp

Banned
I played the first chapter for second time to get all the trophies and now I think
Max and Amber the lost girl are the same person

I don't know why but I can feel it :)

Yeah, I've been thinking that too. Also the
Vortex club and Kate have to play some sort of role in what's happening.

Ugh, I hate speculating.

brau

Ugh, I hate speculating.

I really like that they have some light idea of what they want to take the story to. but honestly.. i hope that that is not the case, and they surprise us with every episode. If the story is unpredictable it will be more memorable since they already created very compelling and interesting characters.
At least imo.

I could see that.
Rachel could be future Max who somehow traveled back in time to spend time with the lonely Chloe. But then again, would be a bit dickish, that she didn't seem to have done anything for Kate.

Ugh, I hate speculating.

I am happy that I am not the only one.

Symphonia

Banned

Ugh, I hate speculating.
The Vortex Club has been mentioned too many times in the game for it to be a mere background organisation. They, or at least a few members of the Vortex Club, have something to do with Amber going missing.

Slowdive

Banned
B9Lx0njIUAATcXb.jpg:large

brau

I mean Im okay with spoilers if I say its okay but go and message me the spoilers without asking if its okay or not its a douche move. When I post spoilers I usually ask on chat if its okay to post or spoiler tag stuff if its here.

Come on guys we're better than this

stahp

are the leaked spoilers that are out just for episode 2 or they include other future episodes as well?

Kinda sad when it comes to requesting things like this on a forum. You would think this would be common sense haha.

I really feel for DONTNOD. You can feel the blood, sweat and tears that went into the first episode. I really hope the story leaks don't negatively impact their future sales. I bought the season pass to show my full support, I might even buy it again PS4 to show just how much I support this IP and how much I support DONTNOD as a developer who actually cares about making a good adventure game.

Chariot

I really feel for DONTNOD. You can feel the blood, sweat and tears that went into the first episode. I really hope the story leaks don't negatively impact their future sales. I bought the season pass to show my full support, I might even buy it again PS4 to show just how much I support this IP and how much I support DONTNOD as a developer who actually cares about making a good adventure game.
Nah, I think they'll be fine. Either you only buy episode 1 or everything. You won't miss out on the middle and the ending just because you know the beginning. Plus choices that hopefully matter.

Nah, I think they'll be fine. Either you only buy episode 1 or everything. You won't miss out on the middle and the ending just because you know the beginning. Plus choices that hopefully matter.

Yeah, that's certainly true.

Still, think I'll grab the season pass on PS4 too. Show that little bit more of support to DONTNOD. I've also managed to persuade two people on my friends list to buy episode 1 and they seem to have liked it enough to check out episode 2, so that's some good news too.

Couldn't convince a hardcore TT fan to check it out though. Tried pretty much everything, but she's all about that mediocre TT gaming.

brau

Yeah, that's certainly true.

Still, think I'll grab the season pass on PS4 too. Show that little bit more of support to DONTNOD. I've also managed to persuade two people on my friends list to buy episode 1 and they seem to have liked it enough to check out episode 2, so that's some good news too.

Couldn't convince a hardcore TT fan to check it out though. Tried pretty much everything, but she's all about that mediocre TT gaming.

I still enjoy TT games, and i look forward to the rest of the current seasons they have.

But i have to say this game has way more depth, and it engaged me through the whole 1st episode.

Even on the surface, the game has way higher production value and presentation than any TT game so far.

They only need to work on the hair :D

Showed support by buying all of the complete season on PC. I'll prbly pick this up on PS4 as well.

I still enjoy TT games, and i look forward to the rest of the current seasons they have.

But i have to say this game has way more depth, and it engaged me through the whole 1st episode.

Even on the surface, the game has way higher production value and presentation than any TT game so far.

Showed support by buying all of the complete season on PC. I'll prbly pick this up on PS4 as well.

I haven't played a TT game since the last episode of Wolf, but I can only imagine how depressing and shocking it must be going from something like this to going back to playing a TT game.

I simply can't imagine doing it after this and D4. I just wouldn't be able to stomach their limiting and restrictive gameplay approach.

MattDoza

Man, I really love the menu. The music, the panned out shot of Arcadia. I hope this game stays on a tighter release schedule than Telltale releases. I know Ep. 2 is March, but subsequent episodes have no dates.

Choomp

Banned

Yeah I love TT but I saw LiS as an improvement on their core idea, the episodic decision stuff. The world, characters, all feel more alive.

Man, I really love the menu. The music, the panned out shot of Arcadia. I hope this game stays on a tighter release schedule than Telltale releases. I know Ep. 2 is March, but subsequent episodes have no dates.

They've said that each episode will come out roughly six weeks after the last.

brau

I simply can't imagine doing it after this and D4. I just wouldn't be able to stomach their limiting and restrictive gameplay approach.

I really want to play D4. But i am waiting to see if it comes to PC. The game looks pretty awesome, and i love Deadly Premonition haha.

TT games are not bad... they are just stiff. The characters look funny, and the animations are always hard to look at. But they have been upping their work with every new entry. Borderlands game was fun, and played the GoT which has potential.

But yea... this one blows those out of the park.

I seriously thought that this game is running on Unreal Engine 4. However, I couldn't find it on the Unreal Engine 4 wiki. I've come to find out that it is actually running on a modified Unreal Engine 3. I was very surprised.

I really want to play D4. But i am waiting to see if it comes to PC. The game looks pretty awesome, and i love Deadly Premonition haha.

TT games are not bad... they are just stiff. The characters look funny, and the animations are always hard to look at. But they have been upping their work with every new entry. Borderlands game was fun, and played the GoT which has potential.

But yea... this one blows those out of the park.

I'd quite like to see D4 make its way to PC so that not only can more people can experience its majesty but so that there would be more of a push from fans for a second season.

I really hate that MS aren't making any moves to fund a second season...

And yeah, maybe I'm too hard on TT games sometimes, but they've done nothing but left me extremely bitter. Wolf Among Us was so terribly handled that I went from being someone who buy any TT game day one to never, ever wanting to touch their games again.

brau

I'd quite like to see D4 make its way to PC so that not only can more people can experience its majesty but so that there would be more of a push from fans for a second season.

And yeah, maybe I'm too hard on TT games sometimes, but they've done nothing but left me extremely bitter. Wolf Among Us was so terribly handled that I went from being someone who buy any TT game day one to never, ever wanting to touch their games again.

What didn't you like about WAU to turn you off from TT?

So D4 is already complete? the whole season? i have really payed no attention to that game since it released the first part. But it looked pretty interesting. I am pretty sure a lot of those games will make their way to PC. The whole Windows 10 will help bridge that gap as well. At least that is what i tell myself haha.

What didn't you like about WAU to turn you off from TT?

So D4 is already complete? the whole season? i have really payed no attention to that game since it released the first part. But it looked pretty interesting. I am pretty sure a lot of those games will make their way to PC. The whole Windows 10 will help bridge that gap as well. At least that is what i tell myself haha.

The long delay between episodes 1 and 2 without any word on when we could expect episode 2 or any kind of apology for the long delay, the disdain they seemed to show for early adopters by putting the season pass on sale mere weeks after the first episode launch and without any info on when episode 2 would be coming, then there's the numerous and extensive technical issues that plagued Wolf as well as the fact that it felt like some choices didn't matter at all through some episodes and the story itself felt botched at points too.

The first season is complete in that you have the prologue, the first and second episodes, but the story isn't anywhere near complete. There's a huge cliffhanger and it's more than a little frustrating that there's no info on if we'll ever get a second season...

Reedirect

Let's hope that PC port happens, Steam seems to like SWERY's oddness.

As a huge SWERY fan myself, I was really disappointed with the form that D4 got released in (especially because of that enormous cliffhanger). What was there was amazing, but the package just didn't feel complete to me. Shame that SWERY had his hands tied and had to settle for releasing an incomplete game.

That being said, I think that I enjoyed the first episode of LiS even more than D4. It really nails the interaction with the world and characters perfectly. Honestly, Telltale can go suck it, I can't go back to GoT after both of those. (I tried)

shit, time to unsubscribe to these threads, see you guys in mid-march.

This thread is probably the safest place as spoilers will be clearly labelled and we won't have any asshats openly spoilers to ruin it for everyone.

It's the rest of the internet that's the problem.

Let's hope that PC port happens, Steam seems to like SWERY's oddness.

As a huge SWERY fan myself, I was really disappointed with the form that D4 got released in (especially because of that enormous cliffhanger). What was there was amazing, but the package just didn't feel complete to me. Shame that SWERY had his hands tied and had to settle for releasing an incomplete game.

That being said, I think that I enjoyed the first episode of LiS even more than D4. It really nails the interaction with the world and characters perfectly. Honestly, Telltale can go suck it, I can't go back to GoT after both of those. (I tried)

I'm actually really torn on which I like more. D4 is just amazing, but then so is Life is Strange. I suspect I'll end up liking and championing LiS more as it will actually have a resolution, but D4 holds a very special place in my heart.

Do we know that he was forced to release an unfinished game? I felt that it as always planned as an episodic story but for whatever reason they ended up delaying and then releasing the first season in such a rushed and haphazard manner. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues with MS pushing him to get something out, but it also seems strange that they'd do that and then not pursue more episodes/seasons.

I wonder if Iron Galaxy moving on to Killer Instinct has anything to do with MS not showing that much interest in more D4 seasons?

brau

The long delay between episodes 1 and 2 without any word on when we could expect episode 2 or any kind of apology for the long delay, the disdain they seemed to show for early adopters by putting the season pass on sale mere weeks after the first episode launch and without any info on when episode 2 would be coming, then there's the numerous and extensive technical issues that plagued Wolf as well as the fact that it felt like some choices didn't matter at all through some episodes and the story itself felt botched at points too.

The first season is complete in that you have the prologue, the first and second episodes, but the story isn't anywhere near complete. There's a huge cliffhanger and it's more than a little frustrating that there's no info on if we'll ever get a second season...

I can see why that is frustrating, definitely.

Specially teh long delays or the unknown fact of when the next episode will come out.

I thought the WAU had a strong start, but then it kinda died off. It really didn't follow a very climactic path either. Shame tho, cuz the IP seemed really interesting.

But i hear you man. Bad business will always scare away people, and i think TT has a lot to learn from their practices. Also.. i do think they have been under staffed for quite a while.

I can see why that is frustrating, definitely.

Specially teh long delays or the unknown fact of when the next episode will come out.

I thought the WAU had a strong start, but then it kinda died off. It really didn't follow a very climactic path either. Shame tho, cuz the IP seemed really interesting.

But i hear you man. Bad business will always scare away people, and i think TT has a lot to learn from their practices. Also.. i do think they have been under staffed for quite a while.

I'm not completely against the idea of changing my mind when it comes to TT, but they really need to make some drastic changes.

They need to replace their terrible engine, they need to have release schedules that they stick to, they need to engage with the community more, they need to patch their games when there are issues and not just ignore them and they need to go back to making actual adventure games instead of the linear visual novel-esque approach they've adopted since TWD Season 1.

They could be leaders in the genre, but they are doing more harm than good at this point and honestly, when someone like DONTNOD is able to completely trounce nearly your entire back catalogue of 'adventure' games with their first attempt at the genre, you're clearly doing something very very wrong.

Reedirect

Do we know that he was forced to release an unfinished game? I felt that it as always planned as an episodic story but for whatever reason they ended up delaying and then releasing the first season in such a rushed and haphazard manner. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues with MS pushing him to get something out, but it also seems strange that they'd do that and then not pursue more episodes/seasons.

He was dropping some very subtle hints on Twitter about having to stop production because MS wouldn't finance more episodes, so he just released what he had and called it "Season 1". I'm afraid this will probably be it for D4, unless it sells wonders on PC.

Top Bottom