• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

So just wondering what is everybody else's favorite track from the first episode? For me it is still "Obstacles by Syd Matters", I just can't get tired of listening to the song and it just sets up the last scene perfectly!

Second for me would be "Santa Monica Dream" by Angus & Julia Stone, I really like how the music plays as you are exploring Chloe's house. I really wish it would loop though so you are not just walking in silence since I spend faaaaaar more time rifling through Chloe's family's private stuff than length of the song.

lil

To All of You by Syd matters, definitely. When Max puts on her headphones and that starts blasting while you explore the school, just you and your thoughts.. that's magical.

jediyoshi

Hey what's going o-

7qC6jSY.gif

Did a drawing of Chloe and inked it. I kinda liked the way it looked before I inked it, cause I had no idea how Copic markers handled, but eh, I guess it looks kinda cool with color. There's some pop to it. Haven't drawn anything in about 12 years now so... uh... that was an interesting experience lol

tgZaO7B.jpg

8nT9mZU.jpg

This is a filter in iOS that actually gets the colors closer to what I originally intended with the markers
0LzCC6J.jpg

Astral

So just wondering what is everybody else's favorite track from the first episode? For me it is still "Obstacles by Syd Matters", I just can't get tired of listening to the song and it just sets up the last scene perfectly!

Second for me would be "Santa Monica Dream" by Angus & Julia Stone, I really like how the music plays as you are exploring Chloe's house. I really wish it would loop though so you are not just walking in silence since I spend faaaaaar more time rifling through Chloe's family's private stuff than length of the song.

Obstacles for me as well. I keep watching the ending on youtube because of it.

lil

Did a drawing of Chloe and inked it. I kinda liked the way it looked before I inked it, cause I had no idea how Copic markers handled, but eh, I guess it looks kinda cool with color. There's some pop to it. Haven't drawn anything in about 12 years now so... uh... that was an interesting experience lol
That is lovely!! I love how you drew the face.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

hella cool.

Symphonia

Banned
I apologise for earlier. I never meant to cause confusion. I thought what I put in the spoiler tag was so obviously fake but apparently not. And if it turns out to be true - well, I can categorically confirm I do not work for DONTNOD.

Anyway, peace out. Stay hella cool.

Choomp

Banned

It's between the two you mentioned and "To All of You for me." Probably Obstacles, that's a really goddamn good song

Damn, you're good at this too? Do you need to have some sort of art experience to post here or something?

TripOpt55

I am surprised how much I enjoyed this game. These sorts of titles aren't really my thing, but I find this much better than anything I have played like it (I guess the TellTale games?... again don't play a lot like this). I pretty much wanted to play this because I loved the memory remixes in Remember Me and this seemed like it would be using something similar, but I ended up enjoying so much more about Life is Strange than merely the rewind aspect.

The soundtrack is so great and really right in my wheelhouse. I have loved Syd Matters for years. Not only did they have a couple of tracks, but apparently one of the members did the score and it is so good. More stuff I listen to like Angus and Julia Stone was in here. I guess Bright Eyes will be (or I missed his track in this ep possibly). And then the stuff I didn't know that popped up was good too. The moment went she puts her headphones in and walks down the opening hall was really wonderful.

The setting is really great. The High School setting seems pretty underutilized in games I play. It is really fun to explore. I'm glad there were some bigger areas to wander a bit in.

The story seems really good so far. There is a nice sense of mystery going here and I like see some of these introductory pieces fall into place. A lot of the dialog is really eyeroll-inducing, but otherwise I thought it was cool.

I do wish the game were a bit more game-y. I love how you can use the rewind mechanic to really study your choice options. I'm not good under the time pressure of say the GoT game. So the rewind is really helpful here. I wish they'd have used it more for interesting puzzles though. There is great potential I think for that sort of thing if they wanted to use it. I hope they might in future episodes.

Overall this was a really wonderful game. It at times reminded me of old TV favorites like The OC (because of the music) and Veronica Mars (setting reminds me a bit of Neptune). Great artstyle too. I'm very excited to play the other episodes.

That is lovely!! I love how you drew the face.
Thanks! I felt like once I got the face feeling right, I could move on, well... little did I know everything had to be properly proportioned so... lol I'm not perfectly happy with it, but considering I hadn't even drawn so much as a stick figure in the last decade, eh lol :l

Damn, you're good at this too? Do you need to have some sort of art experience to post here or something?
Lol, I was hoping some other people would chip in with some pics too. You just need a pencil, paper, an eraser and most importantly, a lot of patience haha

Hella sweet.

hella cool.

I hella know. Maybe I'll do one of Max. I dunno, she doesn't look as fun to draw

--R

Banned
I'm thinking about translating the game to spanish, but there's hella text. Should I do it by myself? What do you guys think?

Tizoc

I'm thinking about translating the game to spanish, but there's hella text. Should I do it by myself? What do you guys think?

A GAFfer actually proposed adding Spanish subtitles, forgot who it was but you can post asking in the Steam thread.

kmax

Just completed the first episode.

Such a beautiful game. I didn't even realize that it was that french developer who made Remember me that did this one, but it's not surprising. So glad that they're using a female protagonist, as I read that many publishers wanted it to be a male lead. Fuck that jazz.

Great game.

Just be careful since there are spoilers in the localization files, and it's not really easy to avoid them since texts are not ordered by episodes. Not in "menus.INT" at least, which is where all menus + diary texts are stored.
You SHOULD be fine with the "CU_E1" files though since those are split into chapters and they're only available for Episode 1. I haven't personally checked them though, so I can't really be sure.

--R

Banned
Just be careful since there are spoilers in the localization files, and it's not really easy to avoid them since texts are not ordered by episodes. Not in "menus.INT" at least, which is where all menus + diary texts are stored.
You SHOULD be fine with the "CU_E1" files though since those are split into chapters and they're only available for Episode 1. I haven't personally checked them though, so I can't really be sure.

I checked them a bit and there are many spoilers in Menus.INT. I'll translate the Ep.1 Diary and I'll stop there.

Thank you so much.

Have we discussed the things we want fixed by episode two? cause it would be great if the developers where able to respond to feedback. couple of things I believe should be changed:

• Fix the lip-sync like everyone and their mothers already said
  • Being able to skip dialog at any time. I mean they already let you do it if you have rewind in the episode, but what about when I restart an episode or start a new safe file, being able to skip previously listened dialog is one of my favorite features of this game, but it doesn't work on every occasion
  • Make the "This action will have consequences" icon optional
  • There is absolutely no reason to limit me to only 3 savefiles

Vazra

Have we discussed the things we want fixed by episode two? cause it would be great if the developers where able to respond to feedback. couple of things I believe should be changed:

• Fix the lip-sync like everyone and their mothers already said
  • Being able to skip dialog at any time. I mean they already let you do it if you have rewind in the episode, but what about when I restart an episode or start a new safe file, being able to skip previously listened dialog is one of my favorite features of this game, but it doesn't work on every occasion
  • Make the "This action will have consequences" icon optional
  • There is absolutely no reason to limit me to only 3 savefiles

*Doubt it as that would mean fixing episode 1 too
*Doubt It but would be nice
*Doubt it and I think Im fine with that.
*That would be nice.

cormack12

Gold Member
If I play through again, to pick up the optional photographs or try and find them rather, will it change my original choices? Or rather, will I need to replicate them all again in the correct order - I take it there is no sort of replay segment feature?

statham

If I play through again, to pick up the optional photographs or try and find them rather, will it change my original choices? Or rather, will I need to replicate them all again in the correct order - I take it there is no sort of replay segment feature?
it has a collectible mode just for that after you beat the game. choices don't save. Click on your save file and it'll give you the option.

Vazra

If you play in Collectible Mode your decisions dont really matter. You only keep the collectibles.

Ishida

Banned
Finished the first episode a few minutes ago. My playthrough went like this:

Reported Nathan with the Principal. I kind of regret doing this.
Comforted Victoria. I figured she could become an ally later.
Didn't intervene to help Kate, but took a photo instead. I figured the photo would come in handy later for proof that this event happened.
Took the blame for Chloe (didn't hide).
I hid in Chloe's closet and didn't come out.
I let David draw my portrait.
Signed the teacher's petition (For some reason I believe this was the wrong choice...)
Helped Alyssa evade the football.
Erased the insults on Kate's slate.
Watered my plant!
Didn't touch Dana's pregnancy test (Didn't see it)
Didn't touch Victoria's photos (I figured it would undo my previous comforting)
Didn't write on the dirty R.V. I never saw it.
Saved the bird.
Broke Chloe's snow globe.
Didn't leave any evidence while looking at David's stuff.
Read David's files.

misho8723

Banned
So how realistic is this portrayal of high school modern life of teens in the USA?.. without the time bending thing (and all the 90' references:)..isn't this game made by a developer from France?

lil

So how realistic is this portrayal of high school modern life of teens in the USA?.. without the time bending thing (and all the 90' references:)..isn't this game made by a developer from France?

As a teen in high school, very realistic. ;)

Corpekata

Banned
They definetly need to make the "this will have consequences" thing optional or toned down. I don't need Max telling me "maybe I should try it the other way" everytime something happens. You're a time travel game where that is the central hook. We know.

I wouldn't say it is too realistic given it's about a famous prep school for artistic types. Or at least it's not for the average teen.

Though I don't remember many 90s references

jakomocha

As a teen in high school, very realistic. ;)
Well, on the contrary, as someone who is also a teen in high school, it isn't all that realistic. I've never heard of a high school just for seniors before, and I sure as hell
a
have never heard anybody say "hella" or "sadface" out loud in a serious way. Still, I don't really mind and really love the game's setting. And it does get some things right, like the focus on cell phones, the prevalence of picture-taking, and how "cliquey" everything is.

Also, I just realized, if Blackwell Academy is only 1 year then how come that science teacher goes out of her way to say Max is her favorite new student if
you sign her petition
. Isn't every kid at the school a new student?

Chariot

They definetly need to make the "this will have consequences" thing optional or toned down. I don't need Max telling me "maybe I should try it the other way" everytime something happens. You're a time travel game where that is the central hook. We know.
I don't know man, I don't know. After reading they had to change Dishonored because playtesters are dumb, I believe playtesters of Life is Strange forgot about the timetravel thing after five minutes.

What a fantastic game. I actually preferred this to recent telltale games I played including game of thrones.

I absolutely love the artstyle, its so colorful. After finishing I just wanted to start the game again.

And all for the cost of one third of a monster lol.

This also really makes me want to go back and play Remember Me (At the time I thought it had great art direction but didnt enjoy the core action gameplay).

Do Victoria.

Maybe. She'd be my second choice after Chloe

No, you don't get it. I really really really can't draw shit. It's probably worth a try but it'd be a travesty.

Maybe not lol. I've only drawn a handful of things in my life. And I honestly haven't drawn a single thing since HS. Maybe I just have a natural aptitude for it I dunno. Anywho, I think anything requires time and effort though, if you have any sort of interest in drawing at all, I'd imagine youtube is a pretty good way to go about learning. Practice makes better after all

In regard to Max being new, she's only been at Blackwell for a couple of weeks

lil

Well, on the contrary, as someone who is also a teen in high school, it isn't all that realistic. I've never heard of a high school just for seniors before, and I sure as hell
a
have never heard anybody say "hella" or "sadface" out loud in a serious way. Still, I don't really mind and really love the game's setting. And it does get some things right, like the focus on cell phones, the prevalence of picture-taking, and how "cliquey" everything is.

Also, I just realized, if Blackwell Academy is only 1 year then how come that science teacher goes out of her way to say Max is her favorite new student if
you sign her petition

I was referring to what it's like to be in high school, not really the logistics of the school because I don't get the 1 year/new student thing either, haha.

I hear people say hella and sadface allll the time though. Especially the underclassmen, but seniors do it too.

finalflame

GAF, I might get this game and play it this weekend. It's rainy and storming outside, and loading this up with the lights dimmed and the rain just sounds cozy as fuck.

Choomp

Banned
a

you sign her petition

Also in high school, I can vouch for some of the games dialogue quirks, definitely people who talk like that, except stuff like "bro" is more prominent than hella.

Also, I was assuming she was considering all the students as "new".

Corpekata

Banned
I've heard hella but the way Chloe says it is a bit off. I've usually heard it from people that have more of a drawn out way of speaking. I can, for instance, easily see Jesse and his friends on Breaking Bad using hella.

Top Bottom