• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Choomp

Banned
I've heard hella but the way Chloe says it is a bit off. I've usually heard it from people that have more of a drawn out way of speaking. I can, for instance, easily see Jesse and his friends on Breaking Bad using hella.

Yeah, she didn't come off as someone who'd talk like that so that felt off sometimes. I still really liked her nonetheless.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Weird... all of the sudden the game doesn't work anymore. It either crashes immediately or just freezes up at a black screen after the Unreal Engine splash screen. Nothing has changed in my computer since last night when I played it for an hour or so.

I thought hella was a NorCal thing. I lived in SoCal for about a decade but only heard it used by like a handful of people lol

It was definitely a thing in the Seattle area when I was younger and in middle/high school like 15ish years ago. Don't really hear anyone use it these days, but I also don't know very many people in high school, either.

TheFatMan

I swear I almost shut the game off when Max inspects the flat screen in
Victoria's
dorm room and says - "I could watch Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, I don't care what anyone says that's one of the best sci-fi movies ever."

Selfish plug and lie Square?

Reedirect

Victoria's
dorm room and says - "I could watch Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, I don't care what anyone says that's one of the best sci-fi movies ever."

That reference was so bizarre, that I thought it was actually pretty funny.

RedEther

Victoria's

There is also a mention of
Lara Croft
as well

lil

About time I made some fanart! :) Had to do it of my Kate:

tumblr_njfk59s5ZU1tfsmcfo1_r1_540.jpg

Just a quickie but I hope y'all enjoy! Episode 1 spoilers:
I'll probably draw Max in comforting her later... or Jesus!?!?!? lol

Definitely Jesus lol. That's crazy good. I'm on mobile and had to do a triple take cause I kept thinkin I was looking at a rendering or something haha

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...

Wow, I thought that was a screenshot till I looked closer. Amazing!

How do you save? I had to talk to everyone outside the school again because it didn't autosave.

Telltale games do the same thing, drives me crazy. Feels like every time I want to quit I have to keep playing for a few minutes longer than I want to, just waiting for the thing to decide it feels like autosaving.

I actually encountered this my first time with LIS, surprised it didn't autosave upon entering the bathroom after the hallway "credits sequence."

Anyone else have achievement issues? I've done all the optional photos,and they show complete in the game menu but didn't get the achievements for about half of them. They don't pop when I redo the photo in collectible mode and have tried signing in/out, reinstalling the game, etc...

jwk94

So Kate discussion:

stepdad made a sex tape with Kate, right? That's what the note in the beginning and confrontation outside were about?

Montresor

Anyone else have achievement issues? I've done all the optional photos,and they show complete in the game menu but didn't get the achievements for about half of them. They don't pop when I redo the photo in collectible mode and have tried signing in/out, reinstalling the game, etc...

I never had that problem. Sorry - sucks to run into glitched achievements. I'd tweet a member of Dontnod. They're the kind of studio that reads GAF and actually tweeted about a GAF member's fan-art recently. I bet they've already read your post and might give you attention if you tweet them.

I did run into an issue where I did not pop the achievement for the first optional photo. But I think that was because I took the first optional photo during the trial. After I beat the game, I took the first optional photo again in collectible mode using my paid copy - then the achievement immediately popped.

So Kate discussion:

stepdad made a sex tape with Kate, right? That's what the note in the beginning and confrontation outside were about?

Ew, nasty!

But I don't think so.
There's super secret files downstairs that show the stepdad's suspicious of Kate's motives.

Fret

Yeah this actually looks like its from the game

Vylash

starting to wonder if i made the right choice when i
took responsibility for the drugs, between that, saving kate, and not reporting nathan, i've been setting my scholarship on fire

Ferrio

Banned
took responsibility for the drugs, between that, saving kate, and not reporting nathan, i've been setting my scholarship on fire

I'd think reporting nathan would get your scholarship more in trouble

nynt9

Considering the town is about to
get demolished in four days, I don't think that really matters.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Wow, that actually looks like a screenshot. Nice job!

So Mr. Security Guard basically raises all the red flags for me. If they wanted to be realistic, you could report him to the police or even the local Neighborhood Watch and he'd be front page news.
Veteran Soldier is a total creeper and possible molester. His message on the answering machine was relatively restrained though,m he sounded concerned as opposed to ballistic

Chariot

So Mr. Security Guard basically raises all the red flags for me. If they wanted to be realistic, you could report him to the police or even the local Neighborhood Watch and he'd be front page news.
Veteran Soldier is a total creeper and possible molester. His message on the answering machine was relatively restrained though,m he sounded concerned as opposed to ballistic
I would be careful with the molesting part. And I firmly believe that he is build up so much as antagonistic, that he is actually a possible ally in the future, even if a weird one.

I would be careful with the molesting part. And I firmly believe that he is build up so much as antagonistic, that he is actually a possible ally in the future, even if a weird one.

Would be a nice subversion but I doubt it. He seems to have a bone to pick with Kate for some reason and that girl makes the average Shrinking Violet look like a Jerk Jock.
Also, there inside David's house is an overdue electricity bill and you can literally leave every single light and television on. Could that have an effect on the future?
But as you said, it would be strange if David and fan favorite Victoria became your allies

Chariot

Would be a nice subversion but I doubt it. He seems to have a bone to pick with Kate for some reason and that girl makes the average Shrinking Violet look like a Jerk Jock.
I gathered that he went full paranoid when Rachel Amber vanished. In this thread there were already ideas of him just wanting to protect the pupils and especially Chloe from something. The high bills could add up because he bought all this equipment. And in his notes he had Kate, because she apparently knows something about ... something.

But as you said, it would be strange if David and fan favorite Victoria became your allies
It would make for very interesting interactions, because their personalities differ a lot from Max' and what she is used to with her friends. Choices regarding them would be also much more difficult, because you might not trust them as easily, even if they are speaking the truth.

I've heard hella but the way Chloe says it is a bit off. I've usually heard it from people that have more of a drawn out way of speaking. I can, for instance, easily see Jesse and his friends on Breaking Bad using hella.

I really hate the dialogue. I know it's based on kids/teens today...and that why I hate it.

Thought that was a screenshot. Good stuff.

Haxxona

Banned

Ehm aside from everyone stating the obvious that they thought this was from the game I am going to say that I still think this is from the game... How the hell do you even draw that??!?!

Chariot

OK, time to unsubscribe TotalBiscuit. Guy has some interesting insights, but hearing him being a supporter of GamerGate and his Life is Strange video I won't keep him in my list. The first part of his review was good. He spoke well of the game and of the style and his wife gave some interesting thoughts too. But he somehow drifted up to gender and had to jab how a male character would probably helped Daniel and how interesting a game from a male perspective would be. I mean, he isn't wrong, but he don't try discuss the gender of the main character in any other game. Why is it so important to have this here?

OK, time to unsubscribe TotalBiscuit. Guy has some interesting insights, but hearing him being a supporter of GamerGate and his Life is Strange video I won't keep him in my list. The first part of his review was good. He spoke well of the game and of the style and his wife gave some interesting thoughts too. But he somehow drifted up to gender and had to jab how a male character would probably helped Daniel and how interesting a game from a male perspective would be. I mean, he isn't wrong, but he don't try discuss the gender of the main character in any other game. Why is it so important to have this here?

Yeah, especially since people were rushing to help Daniel anyway. Besides how would that have worked? We didn't have the time travel ability the first time so we would have assuredly got pounded regardless of gender, and when we did have the ability we were rushing to the bathroom.

I still think you would have to change episode 1 in a significant way to have a male main character that would work unlike a COD/Mario/Skyrim etc. that you could play as a potato and it wouldn't change anything.

Yeah, especially since people were rushing to help Daniel anyway. Besides how would that have worked? We didn't have the time travel ability the first time so we would have assuredly got pounded regardless of gender, and when we did have the ability we were rushing to the bathroom.

I still think you would have to change episode 1 in a significant way to have a male main character that would work unlike a COD/Mario/Skyrim etc. that you could play as a potato and it wouldn't change anything.

I bet you such a mod exists. The one they fear! DOVAH-TATO!

Also, random prediction of where the story is going...
This is like Josh Trank's Chronicle. Chloe has weather powers based on her emotions, something happens that makes her go ballistic and create the storm.
She needs to die but Max keeps saving her. However, if you fix your relationship with Chloe throughout the episodes, the storm is minor and quickly dissipates.

Reedirect

But he somehow drifted up to gender and had to jab how a male character would probably helped Daniel and how interesting a game from a male perspective would be. I mean, he isn't wrong, but he don't try discuss the gender of the main character in any other game. Why is it so important to have this here?

I think you're looking too much into it (maybe given by his history with GG). He just says that he likes when the gender of a character has specific traits and unique reactions to situations that maybe the other gender would solve differently. The example wasn't perfect, but it came to me like he was praising that he didn't have to get involved in a typical "drama" scenario in a cinematic adventure game (aka a kid getting bullied by some jocks).

Top Bottom