• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
YUP, Episode 2 just hit. Restart Steam, 1.3 GB download for episode 2.

Edit: Actually, seems to be time zone based, seeing some friends say it's not live yet, while others say it is. I'm on the West Coast of the US, so not sure why it's downloading for me, but UK friends say it's downloading, others saying it's not.

Certinty

Up on UK PSN too!

Will play a bit of it. It honestly feels weird that i'm more excited for episodes of this than full title AAA games, that's how much I loved the first episode.

lil

Oh, so it's up for everyone but NA PSN. Okay. that's cool.

naTz7G9.gif

LegendX48

Are certain sound effects missing for anyone else so far? The main menu sounds are gone and the phone text sounds were gone during the game as well. Playing on PC

Certinty

Wow even the intro to this episode feels incredible.

Will play just a little then put it aside for a few days. Have an exam on Friday and want to experience this episode in its fullest entirety.

Honestly don't know how Dontnod have created such atmospheres in a game, it's honestly awesome.

I missed the part where it said UK, and got really happy that was "not just up for PS3".

Found nothing in the US web store and came back to thread :(

19322_10153145929094166_7756290081704890011_n.jpg

finalflame

Just started my PC playthrough of EP1. I had it on PS4 but decided PC is the way to go. This thing is glorious in 1440p 8xMSAA.

RawNuts

Seems to be up on Xbox One too. I'm installing it now, 2.58GB.
It isn't often that I see news on GAF that makes me hop out of my chair and run downstairs to start a download; makes me feel like a giddy kid again.

Also, I can't help but see Angela Anaconda when I look at Max.

I wrote a review. I highlight a few scenes, but nothing too spoilery.

Whilst Dontnod refuse to directly answer a bunch of the questions posed in the first episode, Episode Two succeeds at adding yet more wrinkles to what is quickly becoming a compelling story arc that will likely span all five episodes before delivering its answers. With this episode behind me, I no longer question Dontnod’s ability to create compelling characters and write an exciting storyline. They have now succinctly proven they are skilled at that task. The question that now remains is, with so many narrative threads up in the air, can they convincingly land them all when the time comes?

The first major decision you have to make in Episode 2 is such a doozy. It's weird grappling so overtly with what I think I would do in that situation versus what you think each choice represents to the developer (and how that shapes where you want the story to go). That kind of mismatch happens all the time in games like this, but it almost feels intentional this time.

I wonder if anyone at DONTNOD has ever known someone who reported, say, a rape to police and had it turn out poorly for the victim. Because part of me wonders if the ethical issue you're supposed to grapple with is "should Kate report this to the police, potentially risking further problems from Nathan and his family?" when actually the ethical issue I'm grappling with is "the police bungle sexual assault reports all the time and almost never arrest the culprit even when the police force isn't owned by the richest family in town."

The diner is great. I love Joyce. Don't forget to talk to everyone in there.

goddamnit what is it with french devs and showers

I wonder if anyone at DONTNOD has ever known someone who reported, say, a rape to police and had it turn out poorly for the victim. Because part of me wonders if the ethical issue you're supposed to grapple with is "should Kate report this to the police, potentially risking further problems from Nathan and his family?" when actually the ethical issue I'm grappling with is "the police bungle sexual assault reports all the time and almost never arrest the culprit even when the police force isn't owned by the richest family in town."

i had that exact reaction, and i was very impressed by how subtly they approached the subject
even little stuff like max not really having the tact to discuss it, well, tactfully, which made me think that maybe dontnod is trying to expect the player to grasp a political meta narrative that goes beyond what the characters know, almost as if the player is supposed to be an adult aware of adult stuff and a teenager dealing with teenage stuff at the same time get it *winkwink*

Corpsepyre

Banned
Guys, when does this come out on Steam?

Also, can't believe the first episode has a 75 metacritic rating. Game was easily a 9 in my book. Just really good in every way. Hoping the same from episode 2.

So jealous, I'm still waiting on the ps3 version to launch. I'm very eager to see what happens though! But I think I will steer clear of here until I finish my first play through just in case I accidentally see a spoiler.

Valkrai

Just finished it.

Obvious Episode 2 spoilers, be warned:
So on my playthrough, despite me helping Kate, I didn't pick the right conversation options so she jumped :(. Also went through the final three choices and could have ended up being suspended, Nathan being suspended, or Jefferson not being able to go to the Everyday Heroes challenge. From what I've heard from others playing this, the choices are finally starting to kick in and getting darker.

A question: Is it possible to see Chloe being hit by the train?

Nishastra

Banned
Just finished it.

Obvious Episode 2 spoilers, be warned:
So on my playthrough, despite me helping Kate, I didn't pick the right conversation options so she jumped :(. Also went through the final three choices and could have ended up being suspended, Nathan being suspended, or Jefferson not being able to go to the Everyday Heroes challenge. From what I've heard from others playing this, the choices are finally starting to kick in and getting darker.

A question: Is it possible to see Chloe being hit by the train?
As far as I can tell,
no. It just goes to the black and white freeze where you have to rewind right before it would happen.

Top Bottom