• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Damn it I thought it was out already on PS4 (I'm in SoCal), the in game menu says that Episode 2 is available now, yet it still shows as coming soon when I try to download it. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow.

jediyoshi

My Episode 2 Final Results
http://i.imgur.com/akXxSdh.png

I don't think the heavily scripted sequences work out very well, which was pretty much all of Chloe's stuff this episode. They're pretty clunky and there's no real natural way to know when you're actually supposed to try and start affecting the scene. The game seems to work best when you're free to explore and talk like in the opening.

I like the recurring joke of only ever telling Alyssa to get out of the way of stuff, or that people are constantly trying to throw things at her.

Empathize with Warren but gave him the nope on movie night. I can see the story going all out at this point with him trying to get traction. #teamchloe

Wasn't digging Chloe this episode, though I think I'm coloured since I had a shitty time trying to find that dumb campfire bottle. You'd think after you get Chloe to shoot herself, Max would just nope out of the entire thing, or at least openly remark on it even after she rewinds. Did enjoy the softer moments of the train tracks though.

Got myself on the vortex club list, curious whether that'll play out in the future.

Completely nailed all of Kate's dialogue. Felt awesome. Only thing I cheated on was googling the verses and choosing from there since I couldn't recall the text looking at her bible earlier.

The game obviously trying to reset your attitude on David was a little silly. I imagine they wanted to make the last choice more difficult, but seeing as Nathan doesn't have any redeeming qualities whatsoever, it was an easy call.

Time for dem photos and filling out alternate universe save slot B.

RawNuts

The first major decision you have to make in Episode 2 is such a doozy. It's weird grappling so overtly with what I think I would do in that situation versus what you think each choice represents to the developer (and how that shapes where you want the story to go).
Surely you're referring to
Bacon Omelette vs Belgian Waffle
......................................................................... #teamwaffle

I sure feel like a real piece of shit after finishing this episode.

Ignored Kate's call.
Couldn't save her.
Blamed Mr. Jefferson.

COULD I BE ANY WORSE.

carlsojo

I'm not going to lie, I really can't stand Chloe at all. Looking for
five bottles with her so she could play with the gun was lame. Though I did laugh when she shot herself accidentally. Seriously, the junkyard was the worst part of the chapter.
I thought it was going to end after the
train, but the episode really redeemed itself with the Kate segment at the end. It was really cool how your little choices actually seemed like they mattered for that (erasing the messages on her whiteboard, erasing the link, talking to her, seeing the card her dad gave her and how all of that came up in the conversation). I feel like a lot of games where you "make choices" fail to make it seem like things you do matter, and this was a great example of a game doing it right.

Oddly, I enjoy using Max's power to help her with her social life like
getting her invited to the Vortex club party
vs. solving the Nancy Drew mystery of how
Mr. Jefferson totally definitely killed Amber. (Just my prediction).

My weather predictions:
Chloe has her own power, though she may not realize it yet, which causes the tornado.

Haven't played the episode yet (though I did play the leak...) but it sounds like

they didn't change the Chloe sections, I thought those were the downside of the episode when I played it and was hoping they had fixed it.

It does sound like they fixed some of the dialogue that was super clunky, or maybe it wasn't a big deal for most people.

And #teamwaffle and obviously chose Nathan to throw under the bus.

Corpekata

Banned
If there is ever a scenario where like a piano is about to fall on Nathan and Victoria, I am going to rewind and watch it so many times.

jediyoshi

How do I get into the |
vortex club party list and help warren in the science lab?

Not sure if this is the only way, but talk to her and stick with the left options. When you're done, rewind all the way and a new option will pop up about dress code.

Try the right option for Warren and then rewind. A new option will pop up.

How do I
save Kate
?

I'm sure it's adding up points based on things you did earlier that day.

erase the link from the mirror
tell her to see the police
answer her call
remind her about her sisters
remind her about the matthews verse

Not sure if this is the only way, but talk to her and stick with the left options. When you're done, rewind all the way and a new option will pop up about dress code.

Can I go back and change things?

How does the optional photo stuff work? Do I have to replay the entire game to get all of the photos?

Corpekata

Banned

answer her call

It must be point based because I did very little of that.

I
Erased the link
Answered her call

But told her to wait for proof
Reminded her of her dad
And a few other general "I'm your friend!" things. The verse was never an option for me even though I looked at her bible.

CheezyMac88

answer her call

Also remind Kate about her father.
I picked the "Gathering the proof" option.

jediyoshi

Can I go back and change things?

How does the optional photo stuff work? Do I have to replay the entire game to get all of the photos?

Just think of them as collectibles. If you select Play Episodes and select the episode, it'll load up all the sections and say whether you have the photo from there.

You can load up a section in 'collectible mode' where choices don't matter but it'll track you getting the photos, then you can exit as soon as you get it.

You can also load up that section and have it save your progress from that point forward to redo anything.

Just think of them as collectibles. If you select Play Episodes and select the episode, it'll load up all the sections and say whether you have the photo from there.

You can load up a section in 'collectible mode' where choices don't matter but it'll track you getting the photos, then you can exit as soon as you get it.

You can also load up that section and have it save your progress from that point forward to redo anything.

Alright, thanks.

LegendX48

Holy moly, a lot of shit went down in ep. 2 @_@

Managed to save Kate and loved seeing Max's powers expand beyond simply rewinding. Also, blamed Nathan, going to continue throwing that mofo under the bus cause he's a mega douche lol

I need episode 3 straight into my veins!

Chariot

Oh man, the start of the episode got me. I was starring a minute at Max laying there, getting impatient and angry at the game beating the point that she is tired in, until I moved he mouse and realized that I wasn't waiting for the game, it was waiting for me >_>

CzarTim

Good episode overall...

The ending with Kate was great. I felt like I was being rewarded for paying attention to the pictures and Bible verses at the beginning. I figure she'll be written out either way, but good stuff.

The whole Chloe section was really tedious and awful. Chloe is my least favorite character, and I'd much rather spend more time at school than hang out with her. Max seems borderline obsessed with Chloe. There was so many asides about her being jealous of Chloe and Rachel's friendship, and I kept asking myself "why?" All Chloe does is complain and put Max in super dangerous situations. Max keeps saying how much fun she is having hanging out with Chloe (after two days,) but I wouldn't describe it as fun at all. Terrifying if anything. Obviously Chloe has been through a lot, but I'm kind of with her Mom here. She's making bad choices.

Gameplay wise the "testing the powers" stuff would have been okay last episode, but we have already used the powers for higher stakes scenarios. I would have been okay with just the diner scene, but the junkyard was too much. That whole scene could have been trimmed down significantly without losing much.

It also bothered me that Max didn't bring up Kate's drugging to Chloe. Chloe was freaking out about the phone call, but if she knew why Max answered, she would have been more sympathetic.

Reedirect

Well, shit. What a great episode.

Did everything I could to save Kate, but ended up fucking it up at the end (reminded her of her dad and picked the wrong thing from the Bible. Also the photograph of Madsen harassing her probably didn't help much either).

Blamed Nathan, it seems like the most obvious choice at this point.

Have another save of EP1 ready with different choices, I'll probably give EP2 another go.

Also: "If you have any problems with the content of Life is Strange, visit our website for details about your local support groups." I don't think I've ever seen a warning like that in a videogame.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Good episode overall...

The ending with Kate was great. I felt like I was being rewarded for paying attention to the pictures and Bible verses at the beginning. I figure she'll be written out either way, but good stuff.

The whole Chloe section was really tedious and awful. Chloe is my least favorite character, and I'd much rather spend more time at school than hang out with her. Max seems borderline obsessed with Chloe. There was so many asides about her being jealous of Chloe and Rachel's friendship, and I kept asking myself "why?" All Chloe does is complain and put Max in super dangerous situations. Max keeps saying how much fun she is having hanging out with Chloe (after two days,) but I wouldn't describe it as fun at all. Terrifying if anything. Obviously Chloe has been through a lot, but I'm kind of with her Mom here. She's making bad choices.

Gameplay wise the "testing the powers" stuff would have been okay last episode, but we have already used the powers for higher stakes scenarios. I would have been okay with just the diner scene, but the junkyard was too much. That whole scene could have been trimmed down significantly without losing much.

It also bothered me that Max didn't bring up Kate's drugging to Chloe. Chloe was freaking out about the phone call, but if she knew why Max answered, she would have been more sympathetic.

Chloe on the junkyard did drag and you could have trimmed the bottle stuff to less bottles and that would have been ok. Chloe wanted to play with Max powers which we obviously manage to see what happens when she overuses it to which Chloe doesn't manage to connect the dots. Chloe isn't exactly a bad girl but she is a bit selfish and clueless about things at times.

The train part felt extremely forced just to make a bonding moment which them already talking on the railroads was good enough and shouldn't have drag out more. There are different situations that can happen later on that Max might need to save Chloe and if this becomes something for every episode it might be a bit grating.

As for the Kate stuff I think Max maybe respects Kate's privacy to not spread whatever she says to others unless it has to be said which Chloe doesn't have any saying yet on that but might be brought up for Episode 3.

Reedirect

Based on what I've read, I assume that (EP2 ending spoiler)
saving Kate even if you took the photo of her getting bullied by David is still totally manageable, right?

Muzicfreq

Banned
ldMy552.gif

Apparently Console players can buy each EP separately while us on PC need to buy the season pass

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I will say that I think that this episode was stronger in terms of the story and makes me wonder where it will go. Of course there question of whether or not your choices matter still hasn't really had time to manifest... and I'm still not quite sure where the mystery/story is even going. Indeed, I wasn't sure what to think of the blatant
Twin Peaks
reference in the game.

The puzzles, if you want to call them that, are still super light... but that's okay, because this is game where I'm definitely more interested in the story than anything else.

The only real problem I noticed this time around was that the transitions in the dialog sequences were awkward at times, especially when Max says goodbye to anyone. No conversation ends naturally, which sort of breaks the illusion a bit.

jediyoshi

Whoa, where's the
bottle of the bonfire spot? It's the only one I can't find.

Check the area around behind the building hangout. There's a barrier you need to walk through.

Based on what I've read, I assume that (EP2 ending spoiler)
saving Kate even if you took the photo of her getting bullied by David is still totally manageable, right?

Yah, that's what I did.

Chaos17

I will since I planned my budget out and I just so happen to have $5 ready for it but nope! I'm told I have to do it their way.

I'm with you on this, I would've prefered to also be able to buy sepratly the episodes whenever I would be able to and want to.

Just finished episode 2.

Really enjoyed this one, especially the new power and the ending with Kate. Managed to save her by referencing how I wiped her board of the insults, saved her from David, took her call, wiped the video link and also how her Dad loved her. Missed the option which led to the Bible quotes. I like Kate as a character and how they've handled her plotline so far.

Chloe is bloody annoying. She's a constantly angry, angsty brat making bad choices for no damn reason. I didn't see a good reason to shoot and potentially kill that dude so I didn't. I didn't mind the junkyard section as much as everyone else, though. Also I want to know what's up with Victoria; I feel like Nathan/somebody has some kind of hold on her.

Just finished Ep. 2 and wow, the action is ramping up fast.

I was so happy I
managed to save Kate's life, on my first try too
. I wonder how the story progresses if you fail...

I'll continue with my playthrough without changing any of the important actions, but now I'm curious and left wondering...
I tampered with the train tracks, so I wonder how that's going to affect anything in the future. I also didn't get an invitation to the Vortex Club party and I'm REALLY curious about what's going to happen there. On one hand it'd be an opportunity for Max to gather more info, but I can't see her attending that party anyway...

I'm also a bit concerned for Max
as I keep getting her in trouble with Nathan. All those threats she's getting are going to be more than threats if this keeps going. :(

I have to say I wish Max stood up to Chloe a bit more. I get how she's happy and anxious to reconnect with her old friend, but agreeing to all of Chloe's bs seems a bit out of character after all the messes they keep getting in. Wish they let the player have a larger say in those scenes. I really wanna like you, Chloe, but your shit is like, hella wack sometimes, gurl.

What else?
I said no to Warren's movie night because I don't like the guy that much, then I felt bad thinking that the poor dude got into a fistfight earlier because of Max. Least she could do is humor him but... naaah. Your white knight antics won't work on Max, sorry.
And of course, the relevance of watering the plant continues to be a mystery.

Now the long wait until May starts...

Top Bottom