• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Any ETA on when it's going to be up on PS4?

Just did a 3rd playthrough of episode 1 to get as many different story threads going as possible and it's still not up.

Just finished the episode and now I'm all depressed
because I didn't save Kate.
It was a great episode though, easily on par with episode 1 and maybe even better because of the emotional impact it had on me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, with regards to the ending, I think this is the first time that a game had a
"special episode" feeling to it, in that the loading screen after the end encouraged people to seek help if they are feeling the same way that Kate did.
A bit cheesy, sure, but this is a video game and video games really don't tell these kinds of stories.

Spoilers RE: the ending.

I thought it was really interesting how I really felt like I was able to connect with Max on an emotional level - for much of the episode you're with Chloe who is basically telling you that you're a superhero and can do whatever you want because of your power, and I believed it. I spent a 1 and 3/4 episodes being able to say and do whatever I wanted because of this power, make any mistakes and be able to undo them, etc. At first it actually felt like it made your choices meaningless because you could say or do whatever you wanted and then undo it. They build you up but then tear you down. I've never felt as powerless in a game as when your powers are taken away and I was unable to save Kate from jumping, which I think mirrored how Max felt at the same time.

Super effective.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Spoilers RE: the ending.

I thought it was really interesting how I really felt like I was able to connect with Max on an emotional level - for much of the episode you're with Chloe who is basically telling you that you're a superhero and can do whatever you want because of your power, and I believed it. I spent a 1 and 3/4 episodes being able to say and do whatever I wanted because of this power, make any mistakes and be able to undo them, etc. At first it actually felt like it made your choices meaningless because you could say or do whatever you wanted and then undo it. They build you up but then tear you down. I've never felt as powerless in a game as when your powers are taken away and I was unable to save Kate from jumping, which I think mirrored how Max felt at the same time.

Super effective.

Press Start and reload last checkpoint works like rewind ;)

Don't tempt me! I always stick to my canon choices for a first playthrough, which is whole lot easier in other games when I always make the best choices and nothing bad really happens anyway. This is probably the first time in any of these games where I really screwed up! It's a crap feeling.

It kinda loses its impact though. I plan to stick to my choices and their outcomes until the last episode is out. I won't experiment with "what ifs" until all the episodes are out and we can play through the entire game in one sitting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't tempt me! I always stick to my canon choices for a first playthrough, which is whole lot easier in other games when I always make the best choices and nothing bad really happens anyway. This is probably the first time in any of these games where I really screwed up! It's a crap feeling.

I can use that in the future for douchebaggery and finding which is the most douchebag response I can give. lol

I just wrapped up Episode 2, and honestly, it really fucked with me at the end.

I walked a fine line with saving Kate, but when I realized that I pushed her over the edge, I had to pause for a moment and just sit there, stunned. It really hit me when I failed, and she jumped, and naturally, I figured "yay, I can rewind time", and the game yanks that away from you to show how powerless you actually are without it, and many, they really nailed that feeling of helplessness.

If you guys need me, I'll go take a shower now and perhaps play something more light-hearted. Kinda want to do a more open-ended review if I find some time today.

jediyoshi

I just wrapped up Episode 2, and honestly, it really fucked with me at the end.

I walked a fine line with saving Kate, but when I realized that I pushed her over the edge, I had to pause for a moment and just sit there, stunned. It really hit me when I failed, and she jumped, and naturally, I figured "yay, I can rewind time", and the game yanks that away from you to show how powerless you actually are without it, and many, they really nailed that feeling of helplessness.

If you guys need me, I'll go take a shower now and perhaps play something more light-hearted. Kinda want to do a more open-ended review if I find some time today.

Glad the Kate stuff went smooth for me.
This has been the only thing balancing out Bloodborne for me today.

Glad the Kate stuff went smooth for me.
This has been the only thing balancing out Bloodborne for me today.

Easy for you to say! This is literally me right now:

tumblr_m3nrsjtfLm1r9oud5.gif

I wish I could summon the Bloodborne Hunter in LiS so I could waste Nathan Prescott. Would be one hell of a crossover.

Reedirect

Episode 2 and Bloodborne releasing on the same day initially meant a soft, relaxing catch-up with Max before heading off to the cruel world of Yharnam. But after this... I'm going to go play Bloodborne to relax.

so hard not to click on any spoilers... Come on already, Sony!

For those that already have ep. 2, does it download automatically or do I need to check for an update or what?

Megauap

I just started this 2nd Episode and when you are
in the showers and see that Victoria writes an url in the mirror with lipstick I thought "Why not check if it's a real webpage? I'm sure it's not but whatever...". I went to my chrome and wrote the url and IT EXISTS! So cool!

I find this a pretty cool Easter Egg.

Xaero

Neo Member
I just started this 2nd Episode and when you are
in the showers and see that Victoria writes an url in the mirror with lipstick I thought "Why not check if it's a real webpage? I'm sure it's not but whatever...". I went to my chrome and wrote the url and IT EXISTS! So cool!

I find this a pretty cool Easter Egg.

Yeah, I did the same. Thought that was really awesome!

MikeDown

Banned
installing right now at a measly 1.5MBs, sooo excited; really need to plug my eathernet cord back in and stop using wifi

EDIT: also gonna try to make it up to Cannon Beach today; neat knowing the game is suppose to take place there

Bittercup

Finished Episode 2
I think Dontnod did a good job with Kate's story. Especially since it's not an easy topic. I'm glad I could save Kate.
I was a bit annoyed that Chloe was pissed when Max answers the phone. That was a completely unnecessary choice anyway. It's not like Max was talking for a long time and even when you are in a hurry it's not rude to just quickly answering and saying that you don't have time right now and then go. I'm not sure what Chloe expects. I bet if her phone had rung she had totally answered it. Felt a bit forced to make this a choice.
In the end I blamed David. Nathan seemed like the obvious choice but without any proof I assumed it wouldn't lead to anything. For David I had at least the photo from Episode 1 and did show it to the principal. But I'm not sure about that. David comes across as a paranoid bully but I didn't see any explanation why he's like that and the homeless woman gave the impression that there's more going on with the Prescotts so I feel that it might be intended as a false lead to portrait David as the obvious 'villain'. Maybe he's just paranoid because of stuff he knows. But for the first playthrough I just stick to my big decisions.
And yay Vortex club party. I got on the list to do some undercover investigation about Nathan to help Kate.
Overall I enjoyed it a lot and equally as Episode 1. Great game so far :)

soultron

Banned
A friend on PS4 is playing Episode 2 right now. He said he had to search for it in the store but I can't find it :(

US here.

Can you find it on the console stores or do you have to purchase it through the game?

On PC/Steam, you have to purchase the separate episodes through the game itself, unless you buy the entire season in one shot.

Dominator

Is your friend in the US? Europe has had it all day. Really, everyone except NA PS4 users have had it all day.
He is in the US, same as me.

Just searched for it and it still isn't up yet. My guess is that it will probably be up at noon at the latest :/
Yeah I still can't find it :(

Can you find it on the console stores or do you have to purchase it through the game?

On PC/Steam, you have to purchase the separate episodes through the game itself, unless you buy the entire season in one shot.
I believe it will be up on PSN then you can also get to it from the game. I tried both ways but nothing. The game stills says Coming Soon for Episode 2.

lil

This makes a lot of sense, thanks soultron! If no one else has found it in a couple hours, I'll check.

edit: noooooo dominator T^T

Just finished Ep 2. Got all the photos in my first playthrough. It's actually really easy to tell where the photo locations will be after you've played the first episode.

Great game.
And more Twin Peaks stuff: Fire walk with me. Missed helping out Alyssa (sp?), I saw her name at the shower, but couldn't do anything.
I was quite surprised about some people's choices. Can't wait for next episode.

jakeellis01

so PS4 EU users.... since i purchased the Life is Strange Complete Season from the store on release... do I need to download anything or should I just start the game up and I'll have Episode 2 available to play?

I'm unclear how this works.

Top Bottom