• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

cormack12

Gold Member
so PS4 EU users.... since i purchased the Life is Strange Complete Season from the store on release... do I need to download anything or should I just start the game up and I'll have Episode 2 available to play?

If you browse the store for episode two it should be listed as 'free'. Just download it then access it from LiS main tile.

Just finished it, bit bemused why I couldn't
save Kate. Did anyone save her? What was the criteria? Did everyone else run out of 'juice', was I meant to choose her father over her mother?

Anyway, really liked this episode. Think I'm getting in deep now. The closing scene I chose
to accuse Nathan again, the little prick. But then I was prompted to use my power so went through all scenario's - bit confused as to that, but stuck with my original accusation in the end

Thoughts? From those who have completed?

Corpekata

Banned
Game needs to work on the choices somewhat. A lot of them seem to want to go for "choose between two awful options" but a lot so far seem to reek of characters acting out of character to make you feel bad and maybe rewind time. I get that you want to make people question their choices, devs, but what you're really doing is harming the characters when you do this.

If you browse the store for episode two it should be listed as 'free'. Just download it then access it from LiS main tile.

save Kate. Did anyone save her? What was the criteria? Did everyone else run out of 'juice', was I meant to choose her father over her mother?

Anyway, really liked this episode. Think I'm getting in deep now. The closing scene I chose
to accuse Nathan again, the little prick. But then I was prompted to use my power so went through all scenario's - bit confused as to that, but stuck with my original accusation in the end

You can save her. Yes, you are meant to choose things like her father. If you look at her stuff in her room you'll see that her mother is kind of a bitch and her father is kind. Most of that scene is reminding her that you actually know her and are her friend, and her friends would know that she has a bad relationship with mom. Her sisters are also an option as she has a few pictures with them looking happy. She doesn't have a brother so that option would obviously be bad too

LegendX48

I chose her sisters rather than the parents, worked out for me

The whole thing was a lot more intense than ep. 1 and I like that, that and the
new power Max seemed to have obtained prior to the moment where you try to talk Kate out of jumping
was great. Shit got real in ep. 2 lol

The whole episode was a big memory game, I saved Kate. You just had to read everything about Kate: postcard, bible and few other things.

Tizoc

Holy shit.
HO-LEE SHIT.
They keep this up, it puts Telltale's 'choices' to shame.

But man
dat eclipse freaked me out!

Also, only read this if your read Jojo Part 3
my friend kept refering to Max's time rewind powers as ZA WARUDO, to which I keep correcting him.
THen lo and behold, she forces her power to actually freeze time!
...but man all these natural phenomena...it has to be Rachel, cuz how could altering reality affect the climate like that o_O

Nugg

so PS4 EU users.... since i purchased the Life is Strange Complete Season from the store on release... do I need to download anything or should I just start the game up and I'll have Episode 2 available to play?

I'm unclear how this works.

You need to go there and download it yourself. Since you own the season pass, it works like a free DLC, not like a patch.

cormack12

Gold Member
Ah right, I might need to play that again then.

I actually did pick up all the hints about Kate and was doing well (even read her mother's letter, but it kind of throws you a bit, like I'm sure her mother would rather see her alive than dead!). I thought it was one of those scenes were you have to go through every choice again. Like I would have picked father and she would have moaned, then I would have picked mother, sister etc. and the scene would have played out.

I think it might be an idea to mark some choices as 'key choices' to let the player know that there's only one answer required for the scene to continue, instead of choice->dialogue->choose again.

Missed two photos - the fence and bone and the half eaten donut I think. I suspect that they might be both near the blue whale scene

The whole episode was a big memory game, I saved Kate. You just had to read everything about Kate: postcard, bible and few other things.

I thought if was actually really effective with Kate. It didn't feel like a memory game, it was more like a matter how well you knew/cared about the character. Throughout the plot I was more concerned with Kate more than anything else which happened in the episode, so it ended up being a really poignant payoff. The stuff with Chloe on the other hand was pretty dull, though I still quite like having to put up with her shit due to abandoning her during some dark times; it makes the relationship feel pretty natural.

Hobohodo

Guys I'm still quite early on but I'm having trouble finding the fifth of a particular object.

Looking for one last bottle, Max keeps saying she knows there is a bonfire spot around here but god help me if I can see it.

Guys I'm still quite early on but I'm having trouble finding the fifth of a particular object.

Looking for one last bottle, Max keeps saying she knows there is a bonfire spot around here but god help me if I can see it.

Same problem kept me wandering around for 10 or 15 minutes - it's next to the hideout room between some cars, near the Eat Shit and Live graffiti. Hard to spot!

cormack12

Gold Member

I think if go as far as you can towards the railroad at the back, then walk right, you'll come across a car and it will have like a wooden circular cable reel on there. It's a tight squeeze but you can get through, then she'll remark on the campfire and then behind that right up against another car wreck is the bottle.

Well reading this last page in this thread is weird. I felt like I made all the right choices at the end but
I still couldn't save her.

Wish I could have pre-loaded Ep2. Finally got it via the US Store (from the game itself) and its 2.9GB. My internet... so slow... grrrr...

I thought if was actually really effective with Kate. It didn't feel like a memory game, it was more like a matter how well you knew/cared about the character. Throughout the plot I was more concerned with Kate more than anything else which happened in the episode, so it ended up being a really poignant payoff. The stuff with Chloe on the other hand was pretty dull, though I still quite like having to put up with her shit due to abandoning her during some dark times; it makes the relationship feel pretty natural.

True, I even spent some time thinking about the call from Kate. Saving a new good friend vs bonding with an old friend. I ended up answering the phone eventually, as Chloe didn't get that angry.

That was one of the best gaming experience have had in a long time. That last part was
amazing, hell the whole episode was.
Cant wait for the next episode.

The only question I have is
I missed to help Alyssa at the girl dorm. What could you do?

Well reading this last page in this thread is weird. I felt like I made all the right choices at the end but
I still couldn't save her.

I feel like its a combination of things:
If you erased the "Will bang 4 Jesus" written on her slate
Erased the video internet page from the mirror in the showers
Answered the phone
If you believed her when talking about the video
What you said that she should do (go to police or wait)

Not just the
choices at the end,
and I love that.

Eklesp

Played through ep1 this morning and downloading 2 now. This game is my jam. I wonder how much your decisions will really change things.

That was one of the best gaming experience have had in a long time. That last part was
amazing, hell the whole episode was.
Cant wait for the next episode.

The only question I have is
I missed to help Alyssa at the girl dorm. What could you do?

Rewind time when she gets hit by the toilet paper, then warn her...kinda like with the football in the first episode.

Just realised I didn't unlock a single Achievement (Steam), despite clearly meeting the necessary criteria. Not even the one for finishing the Episode. Sigh.

It's not a big deal, but sometimes it really is better to wait a while before playing a game.

kudoboi

I just started this 2nd Episode and when you are
in the showers and see that Victoria writes an url in the mirror with lipstick I thought "Why not check if it's a real webpage? I'm sure it's not but whatever...". I went to my chrome and wrote the url and IT EXISTS! So cool!

I find this a pretty cool Easter Egg.

link? :D

i forgot the url

GavinUK86

Ending spoiler:
I really wanted to save Kate but I couldn't for some reason. I told her not to go to the police but everything else was pretty positive stuff. Answered her call, cleaned the door slate, removed the URL. I said her Dad needs her and the Proverbs quote. Really tempted to go back and redo that bit but I feel that's cheating the game a bit. That outcome is going to weigh hard on me for a while.

Ending spoiler:
I really wanted to save Kate but I couldn't for some reason. I told her not to go to the police but everything else was pretty positive stuff. Answered her call, cleaned the door slate, removed the URL. I said her Dad needs her and the Proverbs quote. Really tempted to go back and redo that bit but I feel that's cheating the game a bit. That outcome is going to weigh hard on me for a while.

I did everything else the same but I told her to go to police. And I saved her.

Reedirect

Ending spoiler:

Did these exact choices on my first playthrough and... I think it's the Proverbs quote, otherwise you had her. I noticed later that it's scratched out in her Bible.

GavinUK86

Did these exact choices on my first playthrough and... I think it's the Proverbs quote, otherwise you had her. I noticed later that it's scratched out in her Bible.

Yeah I had it the wrong way around. I wanted to choose the one that wasn't scratched out.

system11

Just finished episode 2, fantastic stuff and I feel totally happy with the decisions I made in this episode, was conflicted over ep1 choices but it looks like they turned out well in the end.

I hope they put out a physical release when the whole series is finished, it's something I'd like to have in the collection.

Alfredo

Ending spoiler:

I did pretty much all the same
except I never got an option to quote the Bible, and I still ended up saving her. I told her not to go to the police, but at the end told her I was gathering proof.

Speaking of
gathering proof, I'm pretty sure I had enough evidence to show something was going down, but noooo, the game wouldn't let me. >=[ Like, I have these threatening texts, the message written on my dorm room wall, the creepy photo left on my bed... I would be all like, "Yo, copper at the diner, look at all this weird stuff," but, nope. Max, the photographer, doesn't even think of photographing these things as proof. Oh well. I'm sure they'll factor in later or whatever. Also, gosh darn, do I hate Chloe, lol.

Terra_Ex

link? :D

i forgot the url

http://katesvid.com/

Finished the episode myself last night, quite impressed with how things developed since the first episode. Screw that find the bottles section though.
Managed to save Kate, saw things might be headed in that direction early on so I made sure to examine and remember everything in her room and shut down anyone ragging on her. Little things like if you actually question her about the video probably play into it too. When Chloe had her little tantrum in the diner, that just foreshadowed what was going to happen later for me.

GavinUK86

To quote myself,
Ending spoiler:

I caved and redid the last section,

I changed the quote to Matthew 11:28 and I saved Kate.

In total, I told her to not go to the police, cleaned her dorm slate, and wiped the URL off the mirror. On the roof I told her she's my friend and I care about her, said I was gathering proof, her Dad needs her and recited the Matthew passage because it's her favourite.

Still ratted out Nathan to the principal though, he's such a dick.

That song during that final montage and credits was so amazing. Just perfect in tone.

Downloaded and installed Chapter 2 on PS4, but when I launch the game I can't play that episode. On the chapter select it just says "coming soon".

Danj

OMG HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT

just finished episode 2

omgomgomg

Anyone know how to save Kate? It must be possible because there's a stat for it at the end, but she died in my game. Even though I literally FREAKING STOPPED TIME AND RAN UP TO THE ROOF AT SUPER SPEED I still couldn't save her :( :( :( as soon as I got up there I was like holding down the movement keys to try and go grab her, but it didn't let me do anything except talk, and I didn't manage to say the right things.

Top Bottom