• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Episode 2. This game is really growing on me, and I can't wait for the next episode to come out!

end spoiler:
dammit, choices made reveals I could have saved Kate?got daaamn

Sendou

So glad
I could save Kate
<3. Would have been crushing if I couldn't have. How do I
help Alyssa by the way? That's something I missed on the first playthrough.
Those photos are so easy to miss! I took time to explore every nook and cranny (or that's what I thought) and still missed a bunch. Life is Strange continues to be best gaming has to offer in 2015.

Ep2 spoilers

Whatever I reloaded and saved Kate and feel good about it, didn't think the corny "stay strong" option was all I needed =V.
No one is dying on my watch.
And fuck I really care about Kate now. Fuck you Nathan, fuck you too David and also fuck you Adam Jansen.

There's probably more to it with Nathan. David is probably just super paranoid.

Also I'm not sure about Chloe's character, I didn't like the way she seems to treat her mom and Max.

I like how everyone is a suspect, the janitor guy has Rachel's photos too.

And there's Adam Jansen who might be the secret guy Rachel was seeing.

Anyway, saved Kate, got Nate suspended, mostly the popular options.
Adam Jansen?

Sendou

Adam Jansen?

maxresdefault.jpg

Always relevant.

I was surprised that
ratting on nathan
at the end was the most popular choice, but I guess that not a lot of people probably not a lot of people
took the photo of david arguing with rachel in episode 1
so it shouldn't have been one.

I wonder how big the final choice will be in the next episode. my rationale in not picking nathan was that we had no concrete proof it was him and that would just end up pissing him off even more, whereas at least with david I had some proof with the picture. But mr jefferson's phone call did make him look shifty....

Can anyone else not wait to friendzone the fuck out of warren? Oh sweet catharsis

bigkrev

I ratted on Mr Jefferson my first time through (when Katie died), and based on the scene at the end with the principle talking to him in the car, I thought he had quit the school. I was too scared to rat on Nathan, because of what happened in the first episode when you told on him (which I rewound and undid). I was surprised to see Victoria crying at the end no matter what happened to Katie. She seemed so heartless at the start of the episode

Add me to the list of people soured by Chloe this episode as well. The gun incident, how pissed she seems when Katie calls you, the fact that everything bad seems connected to her somehow- As the player, I don't feel like I have enough of a connection to her to be willing to put up with her bullshit. A flashback would be cliched, but they needed to do something to show me why I should care about her. The scene with Joyce at the diner was a good step, but they need to show me more about Max's history with her in the upcoming episode to make me care about Chloe

Morts

I ratted on Mr Jefferson my first time through (when Katie died), and based on the scene at the end with the principle talking to him in the car, I thought he had quit the school. I was too scared to rat on Nathan, because of what happened in the first episode when you told on him (which I rewound and undid). I was surprised to see Victoria crying at the end no matter what happened to Katie. She seemed so heartless at the start of the episode

I failed to save Kate and also saw the principal talking to someone in a car. You sure it was Mr Jefferson? I couldn't tell who it was and suspected it might be Nathan's father.

Seriously who wrote this crap?
You can rewind time (also stop it) and your worst enemy is a punk college boy? WTF
I am sure a 4 years old child wrote the story :]

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's a symptom of being predisposed to devalue people as soon as they give even the smallest indication of not caring about her as she wish they would. That's the kind of person Chloe is, she doesn't want to be hurt so she pushes people away as soon as she feels like someone might not care about her as much as she cares about them.

She got the baggage man.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I agree with what Dice said in the spoiler thread though,
I would have liked Max to quickly say something like "this girl's really depressed and needs me" or even mentioning the connection with Nathan which is relevant enough for her to conceded her attitude there. Even if Chloe deep down would still not feel great it mostly felt like a scenario that Max could have defused.

I failed to save Kate and also saw the principal talking to someone in a car. You sure it was Mr Jefferson? I couldn't tell who it was and suspected it might be Nathan's father.

Yeah, it's Jefferson. It can be a bit hard to tell but I rewatched it and you can clearly make out the glasses being the same.

JJP12

Team Warren over here. At the end of episode 2
Max and Warren were together when the eclipse happens. It was a really cute scene. Was this the same thing that happened for everyone? Or did the eclipse scene play out another way if you rejected his invitation to the drive-in?

jediyoshi

Team Warren over here. At the end of episode 2
Max and Warren were together when the eclipse happens. It was a really cute scene. Was this the same thing that happened for everyone? Or did the eclipse scene play out another way if you rejected his invitation to the drive-in?

The entire end montage is the same for everyone, weirdly enough.
Changes the context of some scenes like Jefferson's if you blamed him or not

tomtom94

Knowing
I could've saved Kate's life makes me feel really really fucking bad

:(

Echoing this.

I agree with what other people have said. Act 1 great, Act 3 fantastic, everything with Chloe felt like filler (didn't help that I don't really buy Chloe and Max's friendship in this episode).

Slightly worried that the game will have the same problem as Heavy Rain in that the story needs to continue no matter what choice you make. I want Kate's death to have some real meaning.

Slightly worried that the game will have the same problem as Heavy Rain in that the story needs to continue no matter what choice you make. I want Kate's death to have some real meaning.

That's a problem with all "your choices matter" games, you may have noticed that all the scenarios (and the order that they play out) in Episodes 1 and 2 are the same, with small differences in dialog (thought I'll argue these alone make the experience very differently in each playthrough)

it is almost certain the character you're referring will
not make any more appearances anymore in the game, even for the people that saved her, since she is now "recuperating at the hospital".

I would be very impressed if we do get a scene later on when we go visit her

Steamlord

Honestly, the way they handle the ramifications of episode 2 in episode 3 is going to make or break this game for me. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Honestly, the way they handle the ramifications of episode 2 in episode 3 is going to make or break this game for me. I'm not getting my hopes up.
is better not to, we need to remember that this is still very much a budget title made by a small team, true divergent path would imply significant level of asset creation and coding, is not fair to expect that.

Steamlord

is better not to, we need to remember that this is still very much a budget title made by a small team, true divergent path would imply significant level of asset creation and coding, is not fair to expect that.

Right, I totally understand, but having such a major event take place and then just immediately downplaying it seems cheap to me. If they don't have the ability to follow through, they shouldn't do it in the first place.

nikos

So I'm at the end of Chapter 2 where you have three options to select, and I'm not sure which to go with.

Nathan - I have a feeling the whole dosing thing could be misleading. Even though this guy is a douche, there's no concrete proof. He may not be as bad as the game is making him out to be.

David - He's a hard ass, but I don't think he means any harm. Thought it was weird that he took photos of Kate right before it happened.

Jefferson - He did make Kate cry, even if he was trying to help her. That's the only thing that's 100% here.

EDIT: Went with Jefferson. Probably should have chosen Nathan.

You're a fucking teenager, what are you supposed to do, fight a russian terrorist?
With her power you can fight Batman and Superman at the same time :]
story doesn't make any sense. It's super childish

Oh look I can control time so what should I do now?
Let's shoots bottles of beer. Awesome
LOL

Ninjatogo

So depressed. Not because of what happened in my playthrough,
RIP Kate
, but because I can't find any of the new songs. :C Why Victoria slam her door in my face?

jediyoshi

LOL

You have actually broken the sarcasm meter now looking at both of your posts in hindsight.

Chaos17

LOL

Blame Chloe for that part, I did disliked this because she was abusing Max power for fun since she is a teenager. (wasted a whole episode on trying to reconnected lost frienship and trying to convince her, though).
Without her, Max is really trying to help and save anyone she can.
Just like when she pushed her limits to save Kate.
She was bleeding from her nose and was going to faint, poor girl.

Also, if you've followed closely the story, there 2 mains things major things that Max has to discover : Rachel disapperance, the natural disaster
These are solids plots to explore, we can only hope the the dev will connect everything well in the end.

Nathan is really just a stepping stone if you ask me.
And don't forget, he is a
drug dealer who rape unconcious girls, so he is not just a random bully.
He is one of the hydra heads that you need to cut to clean Blackwell.

IronLich

It really helps when you're in the dark about what's coming in the next episode.

Re: Kate. I didn't even think to peruse around our room. Didn't want to be nosey ,and I figured her death was an unavoidable plot point, and a "I did everything I could on that roof.". And seeing as this case with Kate obviously involved Nathan, going to the police about it was a definite NOPE since dude has powers. Political powers. And lawyers.

I sat there for like a minute on both whether or not to shoot Frank. I didn't, because attempted murder would look really REALLY bad on my current rap sheet of already mischievous deeds.

And then I sat there for twice as long in the principal's office deciding who to call out. I figured not to call attention to David since he was there to ask Kate about the viral video that he got, which was obvious, and why the hell would you pass blame into Jefferson when really all of this started because Nathan may or may not have been involved in the prank that started this entire downward spiral for Kate? So obviously Nathan was interrogated, and suspended.

So I was a fan of Dontnod because Remember Me isn't as fun to play as much as it is to look around at their gorgeous canvas they painted. Life is Strange has so much genuine mystery surrounding it, and if Episode 2 proved anything, your choices, no matter how miniscule, may very well matter every step of the way.

1. I totally thought this was coming out on Thursday for some reason.

2. So wait, you can't buy the individual episode on Steam, you have to buy the remaining season pass? There's no way just to buy the individual episode from the game itself? Can you buy Ep. 2 by itself on PS4 or do you also have to buy the rest of the season pass too? I wish they would have said that from the start or let just by each episode individually. I was planning on just buying Ep. 2, not the rest of the season.

Anyone knows the name of the songs that was playing in Dana's room?

Has anyone found them yet? I tried using Shazam but it didn't work for me. :( I really want to know what the upbeat dance/pop song is, I searched everywhere and cannot find it! I even watched the credits a million times but the only songs I can ever find there are three songs, the opening song, ending song and whatever the other one is. :|

MikeDown

Banned
just finished it, haven't cried this much sense ME3 . I really enjoyed the growing relationship with Chloe & Max
at the dinner and scrapyard. I ended up trying to shoot the guy, Garry or whatever his name was, afterwards I felt kinda bad about that decision, questioning if I would really do that. Managed to save Kate
, feel so bad for her, just want to give her a giant hug. Also since this game is narrative driven I'm kinda thinking the next few episodes will be about the narrative and the final episode all your decisions will come back and impact the story in a major way.

EDIT: Will play it again soon, everything hasn't sunk in yet

LegendX48

So I'm at the end of Chapter 2 where you have three options to select, and I'm not sure which to go with.

Nathan - I have a feeling the whole dosing thing could be misleading. Even though this guy is a douche, there's no concrete proof. He may not be as bad as the game is making him out to be.

David - He's a hard ass, but I don't think he means any harm. Thought it was weird that he took photos of Kate right before it happened.

Jefferson - He did make Kate cry, even if he was trying to help her. That's the only thing that's 100% here.

EDIT: Went with Jefferson. Probably should have chosen Nathan.

if you recall from a conversation in episode 1
Nathan did also drug Chloe and, iirc, tried to do a few things to her during that period

So I saw one or two posts on here mention the game has resources on how to cope with the issues brought up in episode two. Which is fantastic. I want a lot more developers to do this (in the UK, they do it after an episode of a soap like Eastenders or Corrie where they mention "If you've been affected by the issues in tonight's episode...".

That said, I've not seen the message first hand. Does anyone know where it's shown (I assume in the credits, but haven't seen it pop up at the start or end of them)?

cormack12

Gold Member

cormack12

Gold Member
So I saw one or two posts on here mention the game has resources on how to cope with the issues brought up in episode two. Which is fantastic. I want a lot more developers to do this (in the UK, they do it after an episode of a soap like Eastenders or Corrie where they mention "If you've been affected by the issues in tonight's episode...".

That said, I've not seen the message first hand. Does anyone know where it's shown (I assume in the credits, but haven't seen it pop up at the start or end of them)?

At the end you see like three pictures after the credits have rolled, then it's in scrolling white text at the bottom from recollection.

Saving Kate
got some shivers down my spine. I was truly worried.

Also kinda interesting how (EP1/EP2)
going with the joint-is-mine can fuck up one of the paths in end of EP2

Zareka

Finally got round to buying and playing Episode one today. That was pretty neat! I liked how my choices have had small effects already and I keep hearing Episode 2 is really cool in that regard. I have ep 2 installed and ready to go whenever I feel like playing again.

I look forward to where this game goes.

Corpsepyre

Banned
WOW. What an episode! I'm enthralled like anything, and haven't been since this much since I played and ended The Last of Us. Life is Strange is truly an excellent game (hoping it continues well into the next episodes as well). This game is proof enough that stories in games have a place. Excellent writing and character creation. I'm hooked.

Didn't expect episode 2 to be even better than the first, but that was incredible. Really interesting seeing how the choices from the first episode are starting to affect things as the bigger picture becomes a little clearer.

Steamlord

I have to say, I've more or less hated Chloe since ep 1, and not just because of her fake teen dialogue. The weed thing cemented it and it only gets worse in ep 2. I hope we get a chance to flip shit on her at some point but I kind of doubt that'll happen, even after
her pressuring Max to use her power for stupid shit led to Max losing her power at one of the most critical moments in the game. I mean, when Chloe shot the bumper and it ricocheted and hit her, I actually laughed because it's the clearest example so far of how incredibly fucking stupid she is. I'm hoping Max will snap out of it and realize Chloe has changed and is bringing her down, but...yeah, I doubt it.

Also Kate is by far the best character in the game. I'm pretty surprised they were willing to kill off such a prominent and likeable character in episode 2, but I'm so glad I saved her. That was honestly a really great and creative scene. You see that rooftop scene so much in movies that it's a total cliché, but in a movie whatever happens happens, you have no power over it, and so you're not that invested in it. Here, though, your choices directly affect the outcome and that makes it so much more powerful.

Top Bottom