• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Anteater

Nate
might not be the guy drugging the girls (or unaware of it for some reason) but he aimed a gun at Chloe and shot her so that's enough for me to raise a stink about it.

"I KNOW THERE'S A BONFIRE SPOT WHERE PEOPLE PARTY AROUND HERE"

Shall be engraved on my tombstone when I die

Haha, i needed like 20 minutes and a youtube-walktrough to find it.

It should at least be location-based. It first gave me that bonfire hint when I was on the grassy bit (where you'd expect a bonfire to be) - but nowhere near where it actually was. But because that's where I got the hint, that's where I searched. Bad design.

jediyoshi

She might come back and give a few lines if/when we are dealing with the stuff about Nate I think. Then she would probably still be relevant without having to record too many lines.

I think the bigger unresolved plot is still her and David. It's been a dangling thread for both episodes now and we still have the sense up till the end that he's specifically been targeting her. Only other binder I can recall was the one he has on Rachel.

Chaos17

Regarding the Ending with Kate

Do you guys think if you saved here she will die early on in Episode 3?

The Walking Dead always did it this way because obviously they cannot go forward and develop two seperate storylines.

So I think this will the only possible solution.

That's where we will see if those dev will be better than TellTaltes games.
If they keep her around and still make her a key character, that would be awesome.
So I really hope those dev won't walk in the same footsteps as their rival.

+11111111111111
Totally broke the game immersion for me TwT

Funnily enough the bonfire was the first one I found. :p

I've played episode 2 in one go, what a great ride. I'll post my opinons in the spoiler thread though since I don't want anyone to be accidentally spoiled. I just hope the following episodes mantain this level of quality, if not even better.

Also, as a side note, I'm starting to dislike Chloe. I don't know if that's what they want you to do, but damn she's irritating most of the times.

Manu

Also, as a side note, I'm starting to dislike Chloe. I don't know if that's what they want you to do, but damn she's irritating most of the times.

I had no problem with Chloe in the first episode but she was really bad on this one, getting mad over stupid shit and such.

I don't think they intended that.

Sendou

I had no problem with Chloe in the first episode but she was really bad on this one, getting mad over stupid shit and such.

I don't think they intended that.

Yup. Too bad they didn't let you
amputate her leg with an axe. Almost thought it was possible when they gave you the option. Thought I was playing The Walking Dead for a second there.

N30RYU

To the gun part would love a
"Don't be mad at me, shooted the gun but had no bullets so I rewinded and didn't shot to not get us in more trouble" answer...

At this point Chloe shouldn't argue about any decision we made, 'cause she must know we already walk any possible path before... so being mad at the mc is pointless and any answer should be like... well I supose this couldn't turn out better.

I must say dontnod excels at thr ttg games genere... and would love to see a ttg not tied to any franchise and let them develop characters and plots from scratch

I initially accepted Warren's invite but once I found out he had already asked Brooke and used Max as a second option I rewound and rejected him. I was really mad he asked Brooke first and already made plans and was using both her and Max so he 1. wouldn't have to go alone and 2. could have either girl he wanted.

Woah, wait what?
I didn't even realise that he was asking me on a date, so I'm already annoyed at myself for having said yes, but he already asked Brooke on a date as well? How do you find that out???

jediyoshi

Oh noo, I browsed the /vg/ LIS thread and I think I saw more than I should have

Well they did reference her as a pirate at one point in the episode. Maybe that would be the logical step on realizing her dream, don't you think?

If my friend had the ability to rewind time and their ultimate option was to take my leg, I think I'd let the train just take me.

Took me forever to figure out the
bus
angle. ;_;
I saw the Bus, I saw the numbers on the bus, tried to get a picture prompt to show up for like 5 minutes, gave up, looked for the solution online as I thought I was mistaken about the Bus, and lol and behold, it was the wrong angle all along. that was annoying

They must have added that line after they realized most people playing it struggle to find said Bonfire
it's been a while, but I don't remember that line being in the leaked episode 2 from a while back

spekkeh

Banned
Wow, episode 2 was even better than 1, like by some margin even I thought. I'm starting to really love this game. Too bad the ending got kind of spoilered to me in this thread. There's only so many oh my god that girl [black bar] you can read until you piece 1 and 2 together. Next time I'm staying out of this thread until I finish the ep.

Checking out the trophies for this game on PS4, it would seem only 6% of people that got the game have finished episode 2 (for comparison 75% have finished episode 1). I hope that's just the nature of episodic gaming and not some trend for this game, cause I would like it to sell well.

Do we have any idea how well it is doing? how is it charting?

Kinsei

Banned
Checking out the trophies for this game on PS4, it would seem only 6% of people that got the game have finished episode 2 (for comparison 75% have finished episode 1). I hope that's just the nature of episodic gaming and not some trend for this game, cause I would like it to sell well.

Bloodborne released on the same day. No doubt that has something to do with the drop-off.

Bloodborne released on the same day. No doubt that has something to do with the drop-off.

Bloodborne has been awesome so far, but they are such different experiences, with different stiles of gameplay and a different feel to them, one would think excitement for one wouldn't extinguish excitement for the other, I guess many people just don't like playing more than one game at once.

Checking PS3 trophies does show a better attach rate
, just hoping it does well

Keep in mind that lot of people bought the first episode and are probably waiting for the full season to come out.

spekkeh

Banned

I reckon this is a game aimed at people who don't have a lot of gaming time. Or they're just waiting a bit so the period until the next episode release is shorter. Give it some time.

upselo

Neo Member
It's only been available for a few days (and you had to know when it was made available), so I wouldn't worry much over the trophies yet. I have started Ep 2, and I have only been able to play twice so far (~2h total) and still haven't finished (awesome though!).

Woah, wait what?
I didn't even realise that he was asking me on a date, so I'm already annoyed at myself for having said yes, but he already asked Brooke on a date as well? How do you find that out???

I spoke to him right after I accepted.
He said something like "Oh sweet! Now I can tell Brooke I'm going with you instead."
:| I'm still mad over it
and when you reject he acts like a lost puppy to get you to feel sorry for him!

LUXURY

I'm really torn right now. First off, this game is probably the best thing of 2015 for me. I'm literally one thousand percent invested in this. I feel apart of that story each and every time I play it. Anyway, why I'm torn
I was very, very on edge during the whole scene with Kate. When I heard everyone yelling about a commotion outside I knew. Sadly, she wound throwing herself from the roof and I'm honestly considering redoing it because I want to save her. I think where I messed up was worrying about Chloe too much. I didn't take the call in the diner, instead I rushed to collect bottles for her stupid ass. I really wish he had some ideas as to what's happening with the girls but we really don't. I could point the finger at almost everyone for something they did. Maybe that is their goal. I didn't even think about Jefferson and Kate's encounter, I blamed it on Nathan. Maybe because he's a smug bitch.

Also, does anyone know if this is getting a disc release?

Violet_0

Banned
He said something like "Oh sweet! Now I can tell Brooke I'm going with you instead."

oh wait,
he already had a date? Now I feel really bad

This is exactly why i want to string him a long until i totally ntr him with
Kate.

MikeDown

Banned
When
Kate was on the roof I noticed Warren is all up close too & holding Alyssa (think it is Alyssa, girl who keeps getting hit with stuff) tightly. Its like dayum son, stick to one woman already.

They must have added that line after they realized most people playing it struggle to find said Bonfire
it's been a while, but I don't remember that line being in the leaked episode 2 from a while back

My problem was I think the line made it harder for me to find the last bottle. I started looking in more open areas where there would be room for people to stand around a bonfire until I gave up and used the guide for bottle locations on Steam. In that small space there is not room for people to party around a bonfire.

What he already asked
Brooke ?!
Damn, I should've said no if I knew >.>

I think this will used for plot later though. Not sure if anyone helped Alyssa and spoke to her afterward but she talks about Warren's flash drive from ep 1 and
how Brooke is jealous of Max because of her relationship with Warren.
I'm willing to bet that after Warren cancels his initial plans
with Brooke for Max, Brooke finds out and goes crazy.

It also makes a little more sense because when you talk to
Brooke
in the hallway before you leave I felt as if she acts a little catty. Max tries to ask her opinion on the snow from the previous episode and she boasts about how Warren can only really talk to her about it and not Max because she is into meteorology and "she'd be the only one to understand him" and vice versa or something along those lines anyway.

Goddamn, what an incredible episode. So many twists and turns and some really nice emotional scenes too.

I saved Kate, but it seems it's also possible for her to die? That's a pretty ballsy move from DONTNOD, I wonder what this means for Kate going forward? She still seems very important to the story, but if she's essentially a character who might not appear in a lot of people's games...it's a tough one, can't wait to see how they approach it. A truly branching story where all choices genuinely matter and aren't some superficial option would be pretty damn incredible. To have two people play the same game and have entirely different experiences, not just slightly different...can DONTNOD pull it off?

As for the rest of the episode, I chose to tell Kate not to tell anyone, glad it didn't affect the ending I got, but I did kinda regret it later. I was surprised so many people decided the same way, didn't see that coming at all.

The choice not to tell the principal about the gun really came back to bite me in the arse this episode, as did the decision to take the heat for Chloe smoking the joint.

The junkyard scene with Chloe was really well done, them talking on the train tracks was a fantastic bonding moment, really made me warm up to Chloe.

Madsen taking pics of Kate was all kinds of creepy, but then she's showing emotion at the end? Something ain't right there, I'm guessing it's for show.

The eclipse was creepy as hell too, but I loved how it featured in the cutaways to everyone, that was a really well done scene.

Overall, an even better episode than the first. DONTNOD are knocking it out of the goddamn park. I cannot wait for episode 3 and to see if our choices really do have a massive impact or if this is just another game that offers superficial choices that don't really impact the core story like most TT games...

Koriandrr

Wow, I missed that one. This is why I will continue to friendzone him.

I didn't
friendzone Warren.
I think he's totally friendzoning Brooke, although she seems to like him in a non-friend way, but she's aware he's not really seeing her as a girl, coz he's head over heels for Max.
During that scene I think he was just protecting Alyssa, because he's that kinda guy and she always gets hit by stuff. I find him extremely cute. I have faith in you Warren!

I didn't
friendzone Warren.
I think he's totally friendzoning Brooke, although she seems to like him in a non-friend way, but she's aware he's not really seeing her as a girl, coz he's head over heels for Max.
During that scene I think he was just protecting Alyssa, because he's that kinda guy and she always gets hit by stuff. I find him extremely cute. I have faith in you Warren!

I liked him initially! I thought he was really cute and he saved Max so how can I not like him!? But after the whole movie stunt he pulled...I've lost my faith! Maybe he can redeem himself in ep 3.

lil

Yup. Too bad they didn't let you
amputate her leg with an axe. Almost thought it was possible when they gave you the option. Thought I was playing The Walking Dead for a second there.
If my friend had the ability to rewind time and their ultimate option was to take my leg, I think I'd let the train just take me.
giphy.gif

I didn't
friendzone Warren.
Yaaaaaas Koriandrr, believe!!

Top Bottom