• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Certinty

The amount of detail in this game is insane, even for things you can't examine. I like how the small seemingly pointless choices in the first episode change up little things in this episode, it really is the small things that add to this game being amazing.

"I KNOW THERE'S A BONFIRE SPOT WHERE PEOPLE PARTY AROUND HERE"

Shall be engraved on my tombstone when I die

lol. I found it the first time just stumbling about, but
wanted to go back and see what happens if you don't shoot the gun.
so I had to the whole stupid section again and couldn't find it for a while then :(

Danj

Is it possible to be in a state where
you cannot save Kate no matter what you say
? Because I'm having another go now but it's really seeming that way :(

EDIT: nevermind, managed it after all. Phew!

Kinsei

Banned

Maybe.
Choices from Episode 1 count as well so it's possible that you can completely screw yourself if you haven't been nice to her and haven't tried to help her with the bullying.

Some of the little things you can do in episode also seem to play a big part

For example,

erasing the web link from the toilet mirror, wiping the board outside her room, reading the postcard from her dad. You also have to take her call and save her from being bullied in episode 1.

I brought all of those up on the roof and the dad one was the one that sealed the deal and saved her.

hemo memo

Gold Member

For example,

erasing the web link from the toilet mirror, wiping the board outside her room, reading the postcard from her dad. You also have to take her call and save her from being bullied in episode 1.

I brought all of those up on the roof and the dad one was the one that sealed the deal and saved her.

I told her about her mother and quote her favourite part of the book.

Ashtar

he's just trying to move up in the love world. imma break him off some for taking that ass beating for me.
Lmao that was my line of thinking initially but this dude is going too hard into cornball country. I'm still deciding.
Re Kate
i looked at the weblink for the video I feel like a bad person. Smh when I first heard about the vid I wanted to tell that girl to lemme watch it until I remembered who she was

Danj

For example,

erasing the web link from the toilet mirror, wiping the board outside her room, reading the postcard from her dad.

Yep, did those.

You also have to take her call and save her from being bullied in episode 1.

You don't have to do either of those. I didn't do those and I still managed to
save Kate
... eventually, after a few tries ^^;;;

Yep I did
the dad and the Matthew bible quote

pakkit

Banned
i didn't have to
remember the bible quote. looks like there are a lot of factor that determine kate's mindstate. i'm pretty impressed they gamified this. if they didn't pull it off successfully, it easily could have come off in poor, poor taste.

So that was surprising.

This game could most probably turn out to be what most people wanted from telltale games, where decisions actually change what happens or affect them in big ways.
few questions.
I chose to report Nathan with the gun, if you don't do this does nothing happen to your wall in the dorms? Also is it possible to completely mess up saving Kate even if you say the right thing at the end? Like if you ignored her phone call and told her not to report to the police and all that? It felt like none of that mattered when I said the wrong said and told her her mother would miss her. I really want to see how much this impacts the playthrough now.

It irritates me though that we could only choose one thing to reveal to the principle, like why the hell couldn't I report David and Nathan at the same time?

I played through episode 2 last night. Overall, I liked episode 1 quite a bit more, as it really impressed me. This one had some slow spots and wasn't nearly as memorable.

It's a 9/10 for episode 1 and 7/10 for episode 2 kind of thing.

spekkeh

Banned
I don't think your choices have that much of an influence really. Even if
you save Kate, she ends up in the hospital. Don't think she'll be back within three days. Maybe a phone call or reference is all
. But that's okay, even if the overall plot stays the same, in teenage drama it feels poignant.

MikeDown

Banned
Speaking of Warren and Alyssa, I saw this on Tumblr, didn't spot it while playing.

http://i.imgur.com/zp6Jy7z.png
Ohhhhh shit!

Also Dana's dorm music if anyone wants to listen, no idea the actual track names.

Edit: I was just replaying and.....

BxtoTZN.jpg

I don't think your choices have that much of an influence really. Even if
you save Kate, she ends up in the hospital. Don't think she'll be back within three days. Maybe a phone call or reference is all
. But that's okay, even if the overall plot stays the same, in teenage drama it feels poignant.

If you accuse Nathan of drugging her, I would think having her alive as a witness and all that would make quite a bit of difference, same thing for David actually. Without her it's Max's word against them, especially if you didn't tell Kate to go to the police, I think there's potential for this to be quite important.

ViviOggi

(epilogue)
Do you always watch the eclipse with Warren or is that because I accepted the invitation

Could Max have been hanging with Chloe instead

Regret

dakun

i really can't believe how much i love this game.. as of now it's my favourite game of the year.
Sure there are many great games still to come out, but the interactivity with the world and the story is miles ahead of the Telltale games imo (and i love those too). I just hope that they are able to not go crazy with the story and wrap it up nicely by the end of the season (maybe with a hint for a sequel)

Is there any word on how successfull the game is selling? I hope it's doing good so Square continues this path for the developers

Cramoss

Dude I just hope there's in some episode an official friendzone choice to put on Warren.

n-n-n-nothing p-p-ersonal y'know, just for fun...

Zareka

I keep rewinding time and telling Chloe to shoot the bumper. I'm a terrible person.

I did the same with both times the purple haired girl got hit. Looped it again and again and again and again.

Really really liking the game though. The wait for episode 3 is gonna be murder once I finish this episode (I'm only just after
collecting the bottles
in episode 2)

Top Bottom