• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

carlsojo

Edit: I was just replaying and.....

BxtoTZN.jpg

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Zareka

Wow that thing with Kate near the end was annoying. I done almost everything everything right, but juuuuust because I messed up the bible quote, I failed. She was all "I have a friend, you're awesome Max, I finally feel hope!" and then just 180's from one line of dialogue to the next and leaps. Extremely annoying.

Whelp, time to reload my save, something I never do with these games. First time I've felt a screw up was really weirdly pulled off and not my fault.

Edit:
Where's the "BUST EVERYONE" option?!

TripOpt55

Just finished up Episode 2. Didn't like it quite as much as the first. Or maybe that just had the surprise factor of being so unexpectedly great. Still really good. Can't wait for more.

As for the end...
I messed up and Kate died. Was super bummed. Decided to reload and save her! Apparently I had only messed up one little bit. Anyway, definitely an intense ending even though I punked out and reloaded it afterwards! Also blamed Nathan.

Anywho, thumbs up for this game as a whole. My favorite of 2015 so far.

Wow that thing with Kate near the end was annoying. I done almost everything everything right, but juuuuust because I messed up the bible quote, I failed. She was all "I have a friend, you're awesome Max, I finally feel hope!" and then just 180's from one line of dialogue to the next and leaps. Extremely annoying.

Whelp, time to reload my save, something I never do with these games. First time I've felt a screw up was really weirdly pulled off and not my fault.

Edit:
Where's the "BUST EVERYONE" option?!

I've mentioned this before in the spoiler thread, but
it absolutely makes sense that the quote would make such a big difference to her, and not just because she's so devout in her beliefs. If you read the quote she scratched out, it talks about how when justice is done, it gives comfort to the innocent and frightens the guilty. This is exactly the opposite of what's happened to Kate, at least from her perspective. It's a verse that not only isn't true to her situation, it taunts her by implying her predicament is false (because she, in fact, is the guilty one, and her evil is in making out with/potentially being assaulted by people she doesn't know) or hopeless (because she's spent her whole life trying to be true to the weird of God and what has it gotten her but torment).

As words of comfort from a friend, picking the wrong quote would be to repudiate all the pain she feels, to reject her view of the situation as fundamentally flawed. It's the opposite of what she wants and what she needs to hear.
I do get that it's a hard thing for someone to remember (and thus can be unfair from a gameplay standpoint), but to me it seems totally valid as a narrative choice.

Zareka

I do get that it's a hard thing for someone to remember (and thus can be unfair from a gameplay standpoint), but to me it seems totally valid as a narrative choice.
When you put it like that...alright, I can see how it makes sense from a story standpoint it just felt so janky during gameplay. I made sure
to note down the quotes, but up until that specific choice it'd been mostly sunshine and rainbows with her. Not a hint of doubt in her voice. She actually said "I'll come with you...you're my friend" or something similar at some point, while smiling, and then immediately followed up with "No one cares!" I patched that up, and then failing the quote just synched it. It felt like nothing I'd said mattered because the game was gonna make her go haywire for that option anyway.
Now that you lay it out like that though, and that I'm a little less annoyed, I can see how it'd make sense for
her character
. Eh.

Anyway, I reloaded my save and fixed my mistake. That was a much better ending, and felt like it made way more sense with the events preceding it. Can't wait for episode 3!

How much different is the ending in both scenarios? I got the bad one.

Not much different. Tweaked dialogue in the scenes afterwards in the principal's office and at the start of the scene between Max and Warren.

The one major difference is the scene in the montage. If Kate jumps, there's a tribute spot outside the girls dorm room with candles, flowers and messages, etc. If you get her to come down, you see her in a hospital bed alive.

Zareka

Ah, help Warren with his experiment by asking ms grant for the answer, you can take a picture of him afterwards
Oooooh, right! I sat with Warren for ages trying to get a damn picture and never thought of asking Miss Grant anything.

And with that, I've finished everything till episode 3. Cheers!

Edit: Ahaha,
Brooke
mad jelly.

Danj

...Nope. Nope nope nope.
Can't believe I agreed to go to the drive-in with him. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FRIEND THING AND I LIKE PLANET OF THE APES DAMMIT

Yeah seriously.
He seemed like a nice guy but from what I'm seeing on here he's dated/planning on dating both Brooke and Alyssa, so he can totally get bent next episode.

upselo

Neo Member
Team Warren reporting!

He's got a bad rep going on, but...
It's high school, I got no problem if he dated Alyssa two years ago. The dude's got a right to move on. I genuinely think he's friendzoning Brooke and is oblivious about it. Not the greatest thing to dump a date with a friend for a crush, but not unheard of for a guy. Brooke's behaviour makes it clear he's not playing the field.

Re: the screenshot, definitely makes it creepy, but it's not like he's spying on her in the shower or is stalking her with binoculars. How much can he really see? It's more like he's waiting on her outside.

Anyway, I still refused to go on a date with him, because I didn't like the movie! He needs to pick a better one next time ;)

Team Warren reporting!

It's high school, I got no problem if he dated Alyssa two years ago. The dude's got a right to move on. I genuinely think he's friendzoning Brooke and is oblivious about it. Not the greatest thing to dump a date with a friend for a crush, but not unheard of for a guy. Brooke's behaviour makes it clear he's not playing the field.

Re: the screenshot, definitely makes it creepy, but it's not like he's spying on her in the shower or is stalking her with binoculars. How much can he really see? It's more like he's waiting on her outside.

Anyway, I still refused to go on a date with him, because I didn't like the movie! He needs to pick a better one next time ;)

He didn't date Alyssa two years ago though, this game is set in 2013. I think anyway...

Team Warren reporting!

Only problem with the Alyssa situation is that the actually takes place in 2013, now of course that could wishful thinking by Alyssa and as you said Warren could be just peeking his head out because he's waiting (I actually think he's doing that) but I doubt the first and waiting so early in the morning for you is still very weird, phones exist for a reason Warren. I didn't accept the invitation and by reading the journal Max doesn't seem too interested in him since she said she didn't want to string him along.

He didn't date Alyssa two years ago though, this game is set in 2013. I think anyway...

Yup, unless the Kate's Vid site is lying. Feels like something the devs set up rather than a marketing thing, though, so I'm assuming it's canon.

Also
I totally missed all this Warren manwhoring stuff, how do you find out about this?

Yup, unless the Kate's Vid site is lying. Feels like something the devs set up rather than a marketing thing, though, so I'm assuming it's canon.

Also
I totally missed all this Warren manwhoring stuff, how do you find out about this?

Someone found AlyssaxWarren 2013 somewhere in the game (it looked like a student's desk), I spoke to him after accepting his movie invite and said he was cancelling on Brooke so I rewinded and said no and another gaffer found him creeping outside Max's dorm. I used to like him for being a total hero but definitely turning to dislike him for being creepy/a liar!

upselo

Neo Member
My bad. I want to believe though (it could be Alyssa, it could last spring...), but the fact that it is quite hidden, makes the somber conclusion more plausible indeed... We shall see!

My bad. I want to believe though (it could be Alyssa, it could last spring...), but the fact that it is quite hidden, makes the somber conclusion more plausible indeed... We shall see!

I honestly think that could more on Alyssa's part than Warren but I'm still on the fence about that one because Warren was hugging on Alyssa when
Kate was on the roof.
And that could have just been for the "heat of the moment" type thing but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure DONTNOD is putting these little hints here and there purposefully to require players to think more about the small things. Who knows though, I'm someone who has really bad anxiety and over thinks every minute detail.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
whaaa.gif

Christ, that thirst.

BTW, this was probably figured out already, but did anyone else notice that in the picture of
doe you took in the junkyard that
the doe isn't actually there?

Creepy stuff.

(or maybe I'm just blind)

jediyoshi

If you've been on top of things, Max already has that base covered

fs4ygQO.png

lol @ creepy Warren.

The thirst is real.

To be fair, Max looked great in those shorts. Waifu material.

More cheesecake than Dana's PJs. Secretly the real reason why Victoria hates Max.

If you've been on top of things, Max already has that base covered

fs4ygQO.png

Oh no. My journal says that Warren makes Max smile. :| It's because I was nice to him in the first episode...

Edit: I was on my alt save file, I accepted his offer on that file. Whew! I got scared for a minute there lol.

whaaa.gif

Christ, that thirst.

BTW, this was probably figured out already, but did anyone else notice that in the picture of
doe you took in the junkyard that
the doe isn't actually there?

Creepy stuff.

(or maybe I'm just blind)

If you look closely at the doe when you take the picture, you can see it's slightly translucent.

Osahi

Love this game but boy how annoying is the save system. I shut my ps4 down after i saw the save icon, but when i restarted i was back at the beginning of the chapter. How the hell do you know when you can savely quit that way? -_-

Top Bottom