• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

MikeDown

Banned
As much as I love poking fun at Warren & his creeper/man whore status, I see him as more awkward and try hard-ish, not being able to hold down a girl for very long.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
The Warren revelations are weirding me out. Even if Max were to like him, jesus man, give her space and don't be waiting around her dorm in the early morning. You'll see her around if she cares. I didn't notice at the end of ep 2
that Warren was holding Alyssa.
I'll be looking for it when I replay and reject his invitation as well.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that ep 2 ending. that little 5 sec ep3 preview though. I want!!!

i couldnt save kate
i blamed prescott becuase fuck that dude

stay friendzoned warren

so.. finished both episodes yesterday.
I managed to save Kate at the end. Still, I don`t think she has been totally honest with Max. She was last seen crying after talking to Mr.Jefferson before attempting suicide. We still have no clue what it really was about. He seems sketchy.
Anyway, I blamed it on Nathan. According Victoria, Nathan did drug Kate, which led to the viral video. On top of that, he had the courage to threaten a time rewinding chick. Hah.
I also rejected Warren`s invitation. I get the vibe that Brooke is jealous of max and I didn't want Max to get into more trouble than she was.
Overall I like both episodes just as much.

Xiraiya

Episode 2 Spoilers

I managed to Save Kate because I take forever browsing every area so I knew how to help her, I got all the optional photos and I basically got Nathan suspended at the end, my girlfriend didn't tell the principle in the beginning about Nathan, so her dorm didn't get vandalized after the showers, but she found out that if she finally let them know about the gun, both Nathan and Max get suspended, so she instead went with Jefferson not being responsible enough about Kate instead.

Oh I turned down Warren because I was Paranoid going with him might hinder the friendship with Chloe, so he loses out, but I would like to set him up with Brooke anyway.

Really interesting how many different moments we had even in situations were we did mostly the same thing, very impressive.

Agent713

Ohhhhh shit!

Also Dana's dorm music if anyone wants to listen, no idea the actual track names.

Edit: I was just replaying and.....

BxtoTZN.jpg

Thank you so much for uploading those songs in Dana room! I tried using Shazam and it didn't work. I tried writing down the lyrics and use Google and got nothing in return. Must be on the soundtrack on the game.

Dice//

Banned
Team Chloe

She looks like fun, but she strikes me as someone who does a bunch of crazy shit in her teenage years (which, well, is accurate), goes to jail, and graduates "the school of life" while working at a truck stop the rest of her life.

She looks like the cool chick I always wanted to know in highschool, but as you grow up loses its charm. x)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
She looks like fun, but she strikes me as someone who does a bunch of crazy shit in her teenage years (which, well, is accurate), goes to jail, and graduates "the school of life" while working at a truck stop the rest of her life.

She looks like the cool chick I always wanted to know in highschool, but as you grow up loses its charm. x)

No I will take her in and she will turn her life around.

No I will take her in and she will turn her life around.
2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

I hope they are gearing up for actually being honest about what a loser Warren is. The first episode where he sends you 20 text messages at once and Max is just like "Oh silly Warren" made me think they were unaware of how it comes off. Hopefully him being a stalker means they aren't.

I want them to destroy the mental state of betas trying to use this game to finally get a girl.

Dice//

Banned
Warren is likable but how obsessive he is with Max when they haven't really been friends that long bugs me a whole lot.

One thing I don't like is that Max seems to have an opinion about every goddamned person, thing, and happening but you really don't get much 'intel' on what she feels about Warren. Not sure whether it's intentional or not, whether it's saved for the "choose your own ending" butterfly effect, or if it's gonna indeed be some spoiler thing where he flips out on your asking why nothing works. :p

Ran rp

NO EMOJI

2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

I hope they are gearing up for actually being honest about what a loser Warren is. The first episode where he sends you 20 text messages at once and Max is just like "Oh silly Warren" made me think they were unaware of how it comes off. Hopefully him being a stalker means they aren't.

I want them to destroy the mental state of betas trying to use this game to finally get a girl.

lmao. forgot about those texts.

Anteater

Chloe is going to be a wildcard, but I'm willing to bet on Chloe out of this small selection of shitheads. I got my rewinding ready.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Soooo how many people who
didn't save Kate
thought they could stick with it, but caved in,
reloaded, and saved her?

Because that totally just happened to me just now. I didn't think it would bother me this much but it did a number on me apparently.

jakomocha

Currently at the part where I
either blame Kate's suicide attempt on Nathan, David, or Mr. Jefferson. What do I do?!?!? Ugh... such a difficult choice. I really want to blame it on Nathan, since this is like 95% his fault, but after his threats to me and the fact that I can't provide any evidence of him drugging Kate... I don't know what to do.
Man this game has difficult choices.
I'm so glad I saved Kate though
. How far through the episode am I? It's sooooo good, I don't want it to end.

Vylash

Currently at the part where I
either blame Kate's suicide attempt on Nathan, David, or Mr. Jefferson. What do I do?!?!? Ugh... such a difficult choice. I really want to blame it on Nathan, since this is like 95% his fault, but after his threats to me and the fact that I can't provide any evidence of him drugging Kate... I don't know what to do.
Man this game has difficult choices.
I'm so glad I saved Kate though
. How far through the episode am I? It's sooooo good, I don't want it to end.

you're pretty much done

Anteater

I just realize Warren being in that spot makes sense, he was waiting on Max in the morning, you see him when you walk out of the dorm where he ask you about shit, that screenshot just made it looks creepy.

Dude still spammed Max with all the "pls respond" texts though.

Staf

Hmm, i thought i put Warren permanantly in the friendzone through my actions in episode 1 & 2 but
by the end he hugs Max while they watch the eclipse
. Goddamnit, what do i have to do send him a clear message?

Chaos17

Wait there's a Team Warren? Not interested folks

Team Chloe

I guess I prefer a stalker than someone
playing around with a gun and tried to abuse Max power for fun :p
Oh and let's not forget how she vent her hunger at Max when Max doesn't prioritze her,
like the phone call of Kate.
I think people here are too hard on Warren
(he got beaten for Max sake in ep 1), I just dislike the fact that he wanted to invite Brooke, though.

Zareka

I never saw Warren as stalkerish as I did awkward and a little dumb about how to handle things. Dude just seems like he really likes Max but has absolutely no idea how to go about it.

I'm gonna give the guy a shot. It's not like anything can happen anyway with my main character shield.

^^Post above me gets it. Chloe is really whiny and annoying and I just generally don't like her. At least Warren is trying to be nice in the only way his inexperienced little mind can muster. Double edit: well apart from her texts. NO EMOJI

Dantis

Chloe is the worst. I like Kate, but I'm pretty sure she's lying about... everything? I think I like Warren, but I feel like it might turn out that he's actually a jerk.

I feel like everyone in the damn game is flawed. Which I guess is what makes them interesting? If it turns out Warren is messing Max around, I'm going to smash his face in.

Yeah, I spotted Warren outside when I was playing.

I dunno. It would be kind of interesting to have him be more than a romantic foil, to be more of a fairly human jerk. I would then hope they don't go for a "let me make it up to you" sacrifice play though.

Did a collectable runthrough this morning to get all the photos, but despite my best efforts, I don't think I saw Warren. I think I did something wrong.

hemo memo

Gold Member
so.. finished both episodes yesterday.
I managed to save Kate at the end. Still, I don`t think she has been totally honest with Max. She was last seen crying after talking to Mr.Jefferson before attempting suicide. We still have no clue what it really was about. He seems sketchy.
Anyway, I blamed it on Nathan. According Victoria, Nathan did drug Kate, which led to the viral video. On top of that, he had the courage to threaten a time rewinding chick. Hah.
I also rejected Warren`s invitation. I get the vibe that Brooke is jealous of max and I didn't want Max to get into more trouble than she was.
Overall I like both episodes just as much.

If you hear the conversation he thinks its her way to gain attention and he can't do anything about it or that what I understood. And then talking on the phone with a weird conversation that's why he was irritated when entering the class I think. And with David suspecting she's hiding something

I don't know, something is really off. :/

Danj

Hey so apparently there is
contact information for suicide hotlines
(link - warning, spoilers) in this episode, did anybody see this? Was it in the credits or something?

Also, all of you people who blamed
Nathan
at the end of episode 2, did you manage to get some proof somehow or something? Because I figured that making accusations that weren't backed up by any sort of evidence was pretty pointless, which is why I blamed
David
as I had
the photo of him hassling Kate from episode 1
as evidence.

MikeDown

Banned
If you hear the conversation he thinks its her way to gain attention and he can't do anything about it or that what I understood. And then talking on the phone with a weird conversation that's why he was irritated when entering the class I think. And with David suspecting she's hiding something

I don't know, something is really off. :/
I kinda got those vibes too, I just think she doesn't want to talk about the whole thing because it is something she emotionally can't handle.

Also, all of you people who blamed
Nathan
at the end of episode 2, did you manage to get some proof somehow or something? Because I figured that making accusations that weren't backed up by any sort of evidence was pretty pointless, which is why I blamed
David
as I had
as evidence.

No, but he acted suspect anyway.
Victim blaming and shit, acting like he already had his lawyer ready to shut down the school. Dude raped Kate he deserves to rot in hell.

No one hurts Kate, not on my watch.

Has it ever been explained why Max never contacted Chloe after moving to Seattle?

IIRC her diary said something about her just not caring that much about calling Chloe, then feeling bad about it. You know, like what happens to all of us.

Kadayi

Banned
Enjoyed the episode, but Chloe is just a hot mess staggering from one fuck up to the next, and her hold over Max seems to be a mixture of nostalgia guilt tripping and 'you saved my life..now you owe me'. They really need to turn her around in the coming episodes because I don't find her particularly like-able at this juncture.

Anteater

Enjoyed the episode, but Chloe is just a hot mess staggering from one fuck up to the next, and her hold over Max seems to be a mixture of nostalgia guilt tripping and 'you saved my life..now you owe me'. They really need to turn her around in the coming episodes because I don't find her particularly like-able at this juncture.

I think they just didn't do a good job at presenting how close they were during their childhood, like Max do enjoy herself with Chloe and she mentions it at times, but those were mostly in cutscenes and the rest are Chloe manipulating Max into using her power or that she gets pissy with her and forcing her to make dialogue choices.

Just finished Episode 2. This series has balls of steel to go where it goes. I'm shocked they went to the places they did.

SPOILERS for Episode 2

Seeing Kate jump was fucking horrifying. I was terrified that they were going to have the rewind keep failing so you just couldn't save her, which would make Max blame Chloe because she wanted to play. Seeing the first fall was harrowing; the rewind is much, much worse though. An excellent use of the mechanic to display helplessness, even when you can rewind time.

It seems Max's powers unlock through trauma/potentially fatal situations for others. I wonder if there will be more there?

I blamed Nathan because fuck you Nathan. Get suspended.

I thought Ep 1 would've been hard to top, but they really nailed it here, too. Astounding work.

spekkeh

Banned
who blamed
Nathan
David
as I had
as evidence.

No but I really want to see him go super saiyan. When he's in his final form, he can come at me.

My wife has been talking up this game for weeks now, I finally finished both episodes earlier today. I hated the first 90 min or so of episode 1, I almost quit. I'm glad I stuck with it because I absolutely love it now.

Ep2 end spoilers:
I saved Kate! First try. Got lucky with the last dialogue choice, I had to pick between the family members and hadn't paid enough attn to it. I was able to remove some of the choices but it came down to a guess between brothers and sisters. I went with sisters which set me up for the save, close one!

statham

Just finished it, excellent episode, got all the photos, but one I had to look up how to.
and saved kate and picked nathan at the end. I do this Warren is going to have a bigger role later, not in a good way

Kammie

Man, that episode 2 ending....

Can we fastforward time to when the next episode releases? I can't wait to see how this continues.

Just a great game so far, the atmosphere is amazing and you really feel like you're there.

alife

Noticed somebody through the window at first but thought he/she kept walking, then I see that screen posted above and go back in-game to confirm... Yeeeaaah.... as long as I'm in control, you're staying the fuck away from Max, Warren. "Did no one ever teach you that it's rude to stalk someone outside their window?"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
When you put it like that...alright, I can see how it makes sense from a story standpoint it just felt so janky during gameplay. I made sure
to note down the quotes, but up until that specific choice it'd been mostly sunshine and rainbows with her. Not a hint of doubt in her voice. She actually said "I'll come with you...you're my friend" or something similar at some point, while smiling, and then immediately followed up with "No one cares!" I patched that up, and then failing the quote just synched it. It felt like nothing I'd said mattered because the game was gonna make her go haywire for that option anyway.
Now that you lay it out like that though, and that I'm a little less annoyed, I can see how it'd make sense for
her character
. Eh.

Anyway, I reloaded my save and fixed my mistake. That was a much better ending, and felt like it made way more sense with the events preceding it. Can't wait for episode 3!

I noticed you can check your journal during that conversation (and all conversations?) so I made sure to double check the quotes right then in order to get it right.

I saved Kate my first time, blamed Nathan, and said yes to Warren. I didn't get invited to the Vortex Club party, kinda feels like I should go back and fix that, but it's probably no big deal for future episodes.

carlsojo

I really, really just want to reiterate how good that conversation with
Kate was. I'm hard-pressed to think of any other game out there right now where little things you did actually matter (erasing the board, the link, reading stuff in her room). I really can't praise them enough for getting it right.
Super excited for Episode 3
though I definitely have to go back and turn down Warren. I thought we were just seeing a movie!

Ishida

Banned
Just finished Episode 2 a few minutes ago. Here is how my playthrough went.

*Told Kate to wait for more proof.

*Answered Kate's call at the restaurant.

*I gave the gun to Frank.

*I saved Kate.

*I blamed Nathan.

*Watered my plant.

*Didn't help Alyssa (On what?) o_O

*Erased the link to Kate's video on the bathroom mirror.

*I wasn't friendly with Taylor (Didn't notice her...)

*I accepted Warren's invitation.

*I wrote "Max was here" on the wall.

*I moved the railtracks (I'm SURE this one will backfire HARD on the next episode).

*Didn't gain entry to the Vortex Party (I'm sure I might regret this one next episode)

*I didn't help Warren with his experiment (But how? I'm sure I did help him!)

*I accused David to Mr. Jefferson.

Now some thoughts:

I think Nathan is becoming the easy target for a villain, and I've been blaming and confronting him during both episodes. I even blamed him in the end. But somehow I think this is not the right answer. It would be too easy, too "obvious". And also, even if the game tries REAL HARD to paint David as a bad guy, something tells me he is actually one of the good guys...

Dice//

Banned
Now some thoughts:

I think Nathan is becoming the easy target for a villain, and I've been blaming and confronting him during both episodes. I even blamed him in the end. But somehow I think this is not the right answer. It would be too easy, too "obvious". And also, even if the game tries REAL HARD to paint David as a bad guy, something tells me he is actually one of the good guys...

Yeah, I have a feeling the game is setting up for some red herring or some ambiguously "evil" plot twists.

I actually don't think Chloe's step-dad is a freak/ass/stalker but trying to crack his own mystery.... but feel free to quote, point, and laugh when if proven wrong

i feel like so many people are misunderstanding Chloe :(

I get that she is a deeply flawed character, but her sections in episode 2 paints her in an awful light. Admittedly, one part of it really made me sour due to its tedious nature. Though, based on what they did to David in this episode, they probably quickly brush Chloe in a positive light as they did for him.

Her section could've been more tolerable to me if they had balance her selfishness with little things like
properly guide Max how to use a gun's safety switch,sight and etc in a Ghost pottery wheel scene fashion. During the junkyard section, wipe Max's nose bleed with a tissue or just give a tissue or something cause goddamnit. [not sure if there;s bleeding in that section when I think about it... ] Max shouldn't wipe her nose like a barbarian. Then show some concern that using Max's powers is hurting Max and maybe state that using it as a toy might not have been a good idea. Although, the last part might be out of character at this current point since that demonstrates a moderate level of constraint.

Anyways, in my main play-through I'm going for the long haul no-snitching unless necessary and deep penetration into the Vortex Club. So it is pretty easy to tell who I picked at the end. So Max might not be in
San Fran.
Oh well.

Some of the little things you can do in episode also seem to play a big part

For example,

erasing the web link from the toilet mirror, wiping the board outside her room, reading the postcard from her dad. You also have to take her call and save her from being bullied in episode 1.

I brought all of those up on the roof and the dad one was the one that sealed the deal and saved her.

WTF?! I did all of those word for word
and she still jumped. I guess saying "Suicide is a sin" might have been the cause of it. :(

Top Bottom