• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

That beginning session in Blackwell at night was really well done by Dontnod, it was pretty tense without being too supernatural or anything. It felt realistic tense or something if there's a term for that.

carlsojo

Wow, that was good! I guess instead this is Episode 3 End Spoilers
Maxpoint instead of Flashpoint?

Choice spoilers:
What is "Lisa"? And why is she dead in my game :(?

Luigi87

End of episode 3 spoilers...

As soon as William called Chloe, I knew it was likely that she would be confined to a wheelchair.. Just a feeling, but goddamn I almost teared up. That image, that ending, hit me hard.

Wow, that was good! I guess instead this is Episode 3 End Spoilers
Maxpoint instead of Flashpoint?

Choice spoilers:
What is "Lisa"? And why is she dead in my game :(?

Max's plant you failed to water.

Pilgrimzero

As soon as William called Chloe, I knew it was likely that she would be confined to a wheelchair.. Just a feeling, but goddamn I almost teared up. That image, that ending, hit me hard.

Apparently I
over watered
it

carlsojo

But...
I could have sworn I watered it. I got a text from my mom warning me not to overwater it... did I overwater it?

Pilgrimzero

Holy shit, that ending was both crazy and incredible.

How the hell do you get the
squirrel photo though? I spent ages trying to get it the first time, gave up but am now trying again. I can see what I need to take a picture of but can't find the position where I meant to take it. Either the angle is meant to be really weird or it's pretty buggy.
it would always run off when I got close, finally gave up.

Also, the eagle one wouldn't give a prompt to photo it.

Didn't find the smoke is bad one or the ant one

carlsojo

God damn it. Am I really going to start over just to
save a plant?

Answer:
YES. Fuck.

Also
Apparently there was an opportunity to save .... the fat chick? I forget her name. Amber? maybe?

Oh wow.

Episode 3 spoilers!! CAUTION
I knew something bad would come out of so much tinkering with the time, but that? My jaw dropped. I had the same face as Max in that moment.

Even with all the angst and rebellious attitude, Chloe is so full of "life". She's so active. The first act of that episode (and the pool moment) just highlighted that. So seeing her in that way on the ending breaks my heart.

So, what were the differences in relation to the choices in episode 2? Kate died in my save, and it seems to affect what happens in the 3rd episode a lot. Does it?
Episode 3 spoilers!!

Coming soon... Available now!

dQ3re9k.jpg

Arrrgh. Would have had a couple hours to spend on this tonight.

They seem really glitchy. The prompts don't show up for the longest time and then randomly show up after walking in circles for 3 minutes.

Yeah, most of the them seem kinda clever or interesting (like
the bird/ant one
) but there are a few that are way too glitchy or poorly designed.

it would always run off when I got close, finally gave up.

Also, the eagle one wouldn't give a prompt to photo it.

Didn't find the smoke is bad one

I got it eventually.
Run right up to where the squirrel was standing, reverse time and hit the prompt straight away. It really doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, most of the them seem kinda clever or interesting (like
the bird/ant one
) but there are a few that are way too glitchy or poorly designed.

I got it eventually.
Run right up to where the squirrel was standing, reverse time and hit the prompt straight away. It really doesn't make much sense.

Squirrel:

You need to be beside the squirrel when it jumps at the fireflies, to catch an action shot. I had issues with it until I went to the left of it (garbage can side), rewound time and then got the prompt.

So I'm going to live in the spoiler thread for the next few days or so, but I wanted to say in the OT that I loved episode 3, except maybe for one puzzle that I found utterly baffling (which actually turns out to be stupidly easy). And now that I think about it, that puzzle might have been trying to teach me a new mechanic. I'm not sure. Anyways. Loved it. See you all in July (or hopefully June!).

Squirrel:

You need to be beside the squirrel when it jumps at the fireflies, to catch an action shot. I had issues with it until I went to the left of it (garbage can side), rewound time and then got the prompt.

I don't think it matters if it's jumping or what side you're on, you just need to be right beside it, reverse time and hit the prompt before it runs away.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't have had time to finish tonight so I quit right after
the kiss. That scene was done really well. The sunlight streaming in through the flag, the way the characters were so open and reminiscent, the jokes about chlorine and Amber's clothes, the song choices... great. My girlfriend's roommate's boyfriend has been rooting for AmberPrice, and my girlfriend has been insisting that the girls were completely platonic so she groaned and I grinned. I've been rooting for Pricefield since episode 1's ending, so that scene was perfect.
From what everyone above has said (the non-spoiler bits) it sounds like shit goes down later in the episode, so I'm glad that the spot I quit on is such a nice scene. Looking forward to continuing with it as soon as I can.

Episode 3 better than 1 or 2?

If you ask me it's the best episode yet because you really get some in-depth exposition with most of the characters and your dialogue trees are a lot more complex. It had some ups and downs with stuff that doesn't necessarily work but overall this series continues to hit a very high bar for me.

jediyoshi

My results for Ep 3

http://i.imgur.com/HqNf3so.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OoLAD1C.jpg
Good thing they clarified the money was for handicap use, probably wouldn't have been an issue for anyone to take it otherwise.
Hilarious they'd have a 'side with David' option at this point.
Not putting Frank's dog in harm's way and getting the gun back seems pretty straight forward.
Of course Lisa is dead.
Didn't see the spot where I could've helped Warren, glad I didn't though after seeing that 4.0. Also missed the part about the cop's message.
Couldn't get the mark on the fireplace in the time travel bit because I kept getting caught up in where to rewind back to. Messy scene when you know where the objective is and they want you to randomly hit another trigger for it to come up.

http://i.imgur.com/HhCbyRh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XX2iH2O.jpg
Lighting for the first half was so good, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a dedicated lighting person at this point.

Feels weird to not have a Jefferson classroom scene. His last two scenes now aside from the end of Ep2 have been about condemning him with Kate and then redeeming him with Victoria.

Pool scene and the morning after was a nice touch, Chloe overall was a lot less of a drag this episode. Probably owed to there being less frustrating gameplay when you're around her. When that Bright Eyes song popped on, I just sat and listened to the whole thing. Even felt a little bad for Warren texting that he'd bought movie tickets for Max just in case.

Still waiting for the revelation with David and whatever he's up to since I still can't imagine he's as flatly evil as he has been so far. Got paranoid when looking things for his password that I rewound after inspecting each thing since the warning kept popping up.

That diner just doesn't want to have any fun actual gameplay. Felt like another pretty convoluted setup that should have just been a linear a to b to c progression. Good shit messing around with Frank though. The end of the sequence caught me off guard since I never picked up much on Chloe not wanting to believe Rachel and Frank hooked up or why that'd even be a big deal (timeline is a bit fuzzy for me).

This yuri bait is killing me.

Time to get these missing photos and catch up on those journal entries.

Couldn't get the mark on the fireplace in the time travel bit because I kept getting caught up in where to rewind back to. Messy scene when you know where the objective is and they want you to randomly hit another trigger for it to come up.

I did it but then must have ended up rewinding past it because I was listed as not doing it in the end

How many hours is episode 3?

I finished it in a little under 3.

jakomocha

Had to stop at the scene
right after the swimming pool part
because it's getting really late. How far through am I with it? I really don't want it to end! It's probably my favorite episode so far (I'm really loving it), and whereas Chloe kind of irritated me in Episode 2 I now really like her. She's definitely my second favorite character (with Max being my favorite).

Can't wait to see whatever the
shocking ending
is when I beat the game tomorrow.

Dice//

Banned
That ending...
2ax4eZV.gif

I kinda had a 'feeling' it could go there when they flashed the photo and kept bringing up the past, didn't think it was this episode (and I wonder if it'll relate back to the fact Max has a whole damn wall of polaroids in her room.

Just curious if they'll "go back" or stay with the new continuity (the trailer implying she does? Or maybe just her clothes change?).... It sure effectively/conveniently gets Warren off her back -- she totally friendzoned him while she and Chloe were touchier than ever. :p

CheezyMac88

All this foreshadowing that eventually led Chloe handicapped at the end. I didnt't expected an ending like this. :/
bacon and eggs

Apoptomon

I'm intrigued now by how things will tie together next time (Thoughts at the start of Ep 3:
poor Lisa (drowned)
; thoughts at the end:
What. The. Fuck.
). I only got a few of the photos, did others have trouble with the statue and the bird?
bacon and eggs
Pancakes

Corpekata

Banned
Haven't finished the episode yet but holy shit is the lip sync the worst it has ever been. Not bad at the start but about an hourish in and it's comical.

Didn't seem too noticeable in episode 2.

Top Bottom