• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

jediyoshi

Yeah, that's why they made sure Max mentioned that it was only the next day at the start of the episode.

Also mentions it in the dates for her journal. People should read up on it if they aren't, might be the only long form text entries I've ever bothered reading in a game. Occasionally has some details they don't explicitly mention in the episode,
especially this episode gets into the moments right after you talk Kate down from the roof and everyone's reactions.

Falchion

Just finished episode 1 and I've got to say I'm completely hooked. Every time I go to a new area or room and there's lots of things to interact with, I get really excited. The story is so good I've actually read Max's journal and all her notes about each of the main characters which I never bother doing in other games.

So excited to start episodes 2 and 3 later.

Is the thing with the photo just going to be a thing Max can do now? Haha that would be way too much power. I can't wait to find out where they go from here, what a strange ending.

Loved the episode as always, felt much shorter than the first two though.

Pilgrimzero

Is the thing with the photo just going to be a thing Max can do now? Haha that would be way too much power. I can't wait to find out where they go from here, what a strange ending.

Loved the episode as always, felt much shorter than the first two though.

I would think it's only photos that she's in, which limits the usefulness right there. Plus she can only walk/manipulate so far from the insertion point. So while a nice limited version of time travel it's almost useless.

Pachimari

Episode 1 were some of the greatest gaming in a long while, but I'm so behind on it now. I still got to play Episode 2 before starting Episode 3. All these games pulling me.

JonnyKong

Anyone got any advice on how to take the second optional photo? I creep up to the little guy as slowly as I can, but he always runs away. No option to take a photo comes up either hmm.

Anyone got any advice on how to take the second optional photo? I creep up to the little guy as slowly as I can, but he always runs away. No option to take a photo comes up either hmm.

If you need him to be in the spot where he was before he ran away try going back in time.

jediyoshi

I found the whole sequence kind of dumb.

We need to be quiet and stealthy! Let's shine lights everywhere and then make an explosion!

It's a catch 22 for their writing. Max intended the entire door explosion/enter/rewind outcome once they realize it's locked seeing as she doesn't come to a sudden realization once she does it. But the developers can't actually have Max internally/externally explain this because it tips its hand to the player the solution for the puzzle.

Logically it still makes sense because if they attracted attention before being ready to open the door, it'd have to be two things Max would have to account for.

Chaos17

My impression :
I didn't like the twist at the end because it's like all my choices have nulified and also I'm suprised that Max didn't passed out from going back so far in the past.

6.5/10 (Chloe annoyed me less in this episode)

Kinsei

Banned
My impression :
I didn't like the twist at the end because it's like all my choices have nulified and also I'm suprised that Max didn't passed out from going back so far in the past.

6.5/10 (Chloe annoyed me less in this episode)

We'll surely be going back to our timeline at some point in the next episode. The teaser for it had Max in her OT clothes.

jediyoshi

My impression :

I suspect they'll rewind it back to 'normal' quickly, within at least the first third of the next ep. Assuming they wrap up this entire story in the next two episodes, they don't have a lot of time to spend on stuff that isn't the main mystery which I don't imagine this directly ties into.

Holy shit, a
Bright Eyes
song is in the game.

GOAT.

Ok, back to playing.

Recorded the whole scene just to load it up again, sogood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BpBf8oyNYs

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
We'll surely be going back to our timeline at some point in the next episode. The teaser for it had Max in her OT clothes.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to invalidate the choices we've already made. I get the feeling that Max is going to have a lot of difficulties accepting her new life and all the changes her decision brought. She'll try to find a way to reverse saving Chloe's dad just for the sake of getting back on track.

If we think about it,
Max being in good with the Vortex club could potentially mean she too was a cause of Kate's death in this new timeline. They seemed surprised at her sudden turnabout in attitude as she snapped in from the flashback sequence. It stands to reason that perhaps Max became a very different person until she re-injected herself into the timeline and that would be very difficult for her to live with. She also has to live with knowing that her best friend is in a wheelchair thanks to her. It'll be a tough decision, but I think Max would take a Chloe who has her freedom without her father over letting her be daddy's girl at the cost of her being able to live her life to the fullest.

That bit about Kate assumes that she gets bullied that much at all. And what about Rachel? Would whatever happened to her have occurred if Chloe wasn't there to help her get into so much trouble? So many 'what if's, instead of 'oh well's.

Crossposting from the Steam topic:

Crap, I was playing through Life Is Strange EP3 and in the d
iner when I tried to take the keys from the table
, I got instastuck in a rewind loop. I restarted from the checkpoint and lost pretty much the whole part of progress ;_;

:(

Leeness

Grumble grumble, episode up and in my download queue, but my remote downloading doesn't work, even though it's in rest mode and the option is turned on.

Now I have to wait until I get home to download, then play, instead of just playing when I get home.

Anyone want to run to my apartment and turn on my PS4? :D

Dinda

What. the. Fuck.

damn, i had such a bad feeling from the moment she traveled that far back in time....

Excuse me, I have to go to the spoiler thread.

Zareka

I love how Max uses her phone as a flashlight. Last of Us conditioned me to think it was a torch but the phone is just so accurate to real life.

I've just started the episode, and I have a feeling
that this money isn't for the handicapped...I can't decide what to chose.

I really hope this episode lives up to my hype. I adored the first two.

Danj

I never got this text and I have no idea about plant care.

Yeah me either. I just figured I had to water it at every available opportunity :( Oh well, at least my bunny is still alive!

Anyway, finished episode 3 earlier tonight. Dontnod still bringing the awesome. Got some really Philip K Dick and Erica Reed's Cognition vibes from this episode. I like the way that
Max's power is evolving and she's got herself a new ability
. And boy is it an awesome one. I honestly did not expect that they'd let you
go back and actually change Chloe's dad's death
, I figured it'd just be a thing where you could observe what happened.

Given that we see
Chloe in a wheelchair
and
Max as a drug taking Vortex Club member
at the end, what's the bets next episode will include a part where
you have to go back in time again and put everything back the way it was
. Sure,
Chloe's dad will still be dead and her stepdad will be a douche instead of a bus driver
, but that's got to be better than the alternative, right?

Certinty

Not really a spoiler but something I noticed in the girls dorms bathrooms.

Wasn't there some writing on the wall that's now gone?

JonnyKong

Just finished now. I enjoyed myself, but I don't think as much as I did the other two. It just felt like we were treading old ground gameplay wise. Still, the game has a great atmosphere, and come on, freaking Bright Eyes! Although I'm dissapointed the game didn't have more songs. The ending was alright, I was expecting more of a shocker after reading the reactions in here.

I don't know if this has been discussed or not already on here, but are we to assume that
Chloe is gay, and was in love with, probably seeing Rachel? I realise it's actually kind of obvious and I feel stupid for asking. I think it's actually really nice seeing her and Max developing a thing. I'd love for the game to go down that route (not in a pervy kind of way. I'm a gay man myself so it would be nice to see this kind of relationship being represented so well

Just finished now. I enjoyed myself, but I don't think as much as I did the other two. It just felt like we were treading old ground gameplay wise. Still, the game has a great atmosphere, and come on, freaking Bright Eyes! Although I'm dissapointed the game didn't have more songs. The ending was alright, I was expecting more of a shocker after reading the reactions in here.

I don't know if this has been discussed or not already on here, but are we to assume that
Chloe is gay, and was in love with, probably seeing Rachel? I realise it's actually kind of obvious and I feel stupid for asking. I think it's actually really nice seeing her and Max developing a thing. I'd love for the game to go down that route (not in a pervy kind of way. I'm a gay man myself so it would be nice to see this kind of relationship being represented so well

It's quite possible. I briefly wondered if she was during the
kiss scene

Holy shit, a
Bright Eyes
song is in the game.

GOAT.

Ok, back to playing.

Ending spoiler:

Part of the reason why I love the ending as much as I do - heartpulling final scene itself aside - is it used Mogwai's Kids Will Be Skeletons as the final song for the episode. Always felt it was a perfect song to end an episode on since I first listened to it when the soundtrack came out on Spotify just before Episode One launched. Had a (brief) smile on my face listening to it play out the episode.

Shame they didn't go all the way to the end with it, but it's a five minute song, so understandable.

Also, first post in here since I finished it (though posted in the spoiler thread) --- wow.

First time I've welled up at a game since The Last of Us in 2013. And this is only for the third episode of a five-part season too. Jesus.

I'm honestly expecting it to calm down now for episode four ahead of the finale in the autumn, but at this point, there'd need to be something special from a game coming out for Christmas to beat Life is Strange as my GOTY. Because right now, it's starting to run away with it.

Top Bottom