• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Zareka

SIDE WITH DAVID

SIDE WITH CHLOE

but I hate both of them

(I'm probably gonna choose the left one.)

Reedirect

Did a second playthrough of EP3 with my other save, where
Kate died
, and the slight change in dialogue brought out my very favorite thing about the entire episode.
Max FINALLY calling out Chloe on her shitty behavior because of that jumpscare was so satisfying. About time someone did.

trinest

Did a second playthrough of EP3 with my other save, where
Kate died
, and the slight change in dialogue brought out my very favorite thing about the entire episode.
Max FINALLY calling out Chloe on her shitty behavior because of that jumpscare was so satisfying. About time someone did.

What happened in your original play through in that section?

lil

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT YEAAH

(end of ep 3)

WELCOME TO THE CRIPPLE CREW CHLOE

Can we keep this one? I liker her. She's cute and nice and disabled. like me.

Really though, y'all know they're going back on it. We'll explore this timeline a bit, find out something important, then go back somehow. Still, glad they did this. I was wondering why they were making Chloe a raging ableist because it seemed intentional; when we got this ironic twist i was like "ohhhhh" and laughed my ass off. That disability fund was way too small for a school with no elevators, no ramps or lifts, no ADA dorm rooms w/ accessible bathrooms, and no disabled stalls though. Maybe intentional.

Reedirect

What happened in your original play through in that section?

The same thing happens, but
it's not as personal and Chloe pulls out her passive aggressive attitude instead of apologizing
. Just slight dialogue change, but it made me enjoy the other version of the scene a whole lot more.

BY2K

Membero Americo
My reaction to Episode 3:

i91khEQloIHUH.gif

LEGIT SHOOCK. Holy crap.

I know it's not a problem specific to this game, the way episodic stuff is structured on the PSN store means it happens in the TTG games as well, but I really wish it auto-updated with new episodes. I always forget to remote in during the day to start it up so it's ready when I go to play later on.

Choomp

Banned
Nah yeah these pictures are tough. Should just play through and then go through again in collectible mode and grab them

IronLich

I too finished Episode 3.

As a person who enjoyed the Memory Remix portion of Remember Me, heck, as a person who actually PLAYED Remember Me, that last sequence inside of the photo was a great shoutout to the concept. They finally went and did it.

I have a feeling we're not gonna spend too long in this new timeline, but it really makes me think how Chloe could have ended up paralyzed in a wheelchair. My guess is we are now full on Butterfly Effect, and Chloe may have ended up with a gun in her hand without Max being there, so she totally might have got shot in the back, just to recall Episode 2 when Chloe wanted some target practice.

My jaw literally fucking dropped when they cut to Chloe at the end. So many questions to something that we are most certainly going to make moot too soon.

Kinsei

Banned
I too finished Episode 3.

As a person who enjoyed the Memory Remix portion of Remember Me, heck, as a person who actually PLAYED Remember Me, that last sequence inside of the photo was a great shoutout to the concept. They finally went and did it.

I have a feeling we're not gonna spend too long in this new timeline, but it really makes me think how Chloe could have ended up paralyzed in a wheelchair. My guess is we are now full on Butterfly Effect, and Chloe may have ended up with a gun in her hand without Max being there, so she totally might have got shot in the back, just to recall Episode 2 when Chloe wanted some target practice.

My jaw literally fucking dropped when they cut to Chloe at the end. So many questions to something that we are most certainly going to make moot too soon.

I think she was paralyzed in a car accident. The last new photo we see is of her getting a car after all.

kubus

Crossposting from the Steam topic:

Crap, I was playing through Life Is Strange EP3 and in the d
iner when I tried to take the keys from the table
, I got instastuck in a rewind loop. I restarted from the checkpoint and lost pretty much the whole part of progress ;_;

:(
Happened to me too. Very annoying. :( It puts you all the way back to the cutscene before you get to that area, arghh

LUXURY

I'm literally sitting here staring at the menu. This game has finally brought back the feelings video games used to give me. Wow. That song during the last 4 minutes was just everything. Bravo. The only thing that sucks about this is the wait times.

jakomocha

Just got to the
Chloe vs David scene
. Why is there no option to
just stay uninvolved in the fight
:(? It's probably what I'd do in real life.

Gaf help me, idk who to side with lol. On one hand,
Chloe's right
. On the other,
I really did not want to get David kicked out of the house or pretty much give away that I've been snooping on his computer, which siding with Chloe does

PSN and a slow as a snail internet conection have conspired to keep me from playing this earlier, but now I can finally give my impresions
that ending was straight out of The Buttlerfly Effect, have anyone here watch that movie?, Ever since she got that old photo I thought they may go in that direction, a behold they did
well now I most certainly need episode 4, wake me up in two months

Anteater

finished ep 3

uhhh

I can't make up my mind on what to think of the ending until I know where they're taking it, I know it's likely to go back to the original timeline, but it depends what we get out of this scenario and I hope it doesn't go all butterfly effect (hated that film), and if they spend too much time reverting back it would feel like a waste of time. There are some interesting stuff like how everyone is getting along without Chloe so I guess we'll see.

Love the rest of the ep though, I do kind of feel for Chloe. There aren't really much choices to make in this one, I enjoyed my time with Chloe but I think this is probably the weakest ep for me.

Danj

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT YEAAH

(end of ep 3)

WELCOME TO THE CRIPPLE CREW CHLOE

Can we keep this one? I liker her. She's cute and nice and disabled. like me.

Really though, y'all know they're going back on it. We'll explore this timeline a bit, find out something important, then go back somehow. Still, glad they did this. I was wondering why they were making Chloe a raging ableist because it seemed intentional; when we got this ironic twist i was like "ohhhhh" and laughed my ass off. That disability fund was way too small for a school with no elevators, no ramps or lifts, no ADA dorm rooms w/ accessible bathrooms, and no disabled stalls though. Maybe intentional.

You've gotta realise it probably wasn't even the
"handicapped fund"
though, right?.
Cash money in a brown envelope in a drawer? That's not official college funds, that's some kind of bribe or other shadily obtained money

I'm excited for the next episode because of the ending, but
I'm not too sure that I want to stay in this timeline--it makes everything weird where nothing you did applies anymore. Though the general mood here seems to agree that it's just going to change back to the original timeline at some point.

Nether!

Great episode.
Unfortunately, no music played for me the entire time.
I thought a few times that it odd they werent using any licenced music as I was playing through, based on the previous episodes, but then when I got to the end and it was just silence I realized something was fucked up with my game.
Bummer.

Ruff

Does anyone think that
the random photos you can take are going to have more of a purpose now that you have the ability to go back in time through them? What if one or two of them end up being important...

Corpekata

Banned
Does anyone think that
the random photos you can take are going to have more of a purpose now that you have the ability to go back in time through them? What if one or two of them end up being important...

Probably not. They're just collectibles. She takes enough photos within the story itself that they'd use them probably.

NeO JD

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me if after Max goes into the past, a song is supposed to play? I think all the music in this episode glitched on my play through. It was super awkward watching her go through all of that with no sound at all until Chloe's dad opens the door for her at the end.

Despera

Banned
Wasn't planning on going through the 3rd ep until next week but I'll probably do it tonight in order to avoid getting accidentally spoiled.

Knowing that some crazy shit happens at the end of this ep is enough spoilers for now. See you guys after.

Top Bottom