• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

AdaWong

I was watching DSP's playthough and he made a prediction that sounds really logical (and crazy!) for episode 4:

In the new "timeline", Max and NOT Kate is in the Vortex club. The same thing that happened to Kate will happen to Max, she will get drugged and we will finally find out what actually happened to ate that made her commit suicide. In a sense, Max is in Kate's shoes in this timeline. We might actually find out the truth!

Corpekata

Banned
I was watching DSP's playthough and he made a prediction that sounds really logical (and crazy!) for episode 4:

In the new "timeline", Max and NOT Kate is in the Vortex club. The same thing that happened to Kate will happen to Max, she will get drugged and we will finally find out what actually happened to ate that made her commit suicide. In a sense, Max is in Kate's shoes in this timeline. We might actually find out the truth!

I don't think Kate was in the club, she just went to one of their parties, similar to how you can sign up for one in episode 2 and 3. It's supposed to be Thursday (episode 4) so either way it appears we'll go to one, but I don't think it's directly related to replace Kate.

grimmiq

Good episode but some of the writing was just plain bad.. I think at one point Max says something like "I'm done here with you here".

carlsojo

I pretty much had to
side with David. Especially when I saw what happens if I don't, and he and Joyce get into a fight with him having to go to a hotel. The dude ain't the nicest, but he cares about his family and loves his wife. Plus he's the only one still actively investigating Rachel's disappearance.

Karak

I don't think Kate was in the club, she just went to one of their parties, similar to how you can sign up for one in episode 2 and 3. It's supposed to be Thursday (episode 4) so either way it appears we'll go to one, but I don't think it's directly related to replace Kate.

Correct though it could still play out the same way.
Still I don't expect the dev to ignore all the mysteries from the other timeline so a Rachael, Chloe, Max,, Kate mashup seems inevitable.
I pretty much had to
side with David. Especially when I saw what happens if I don't, and he and Joyce get into a fight with him having to go to a hotel. The dude ain't the nicest, but he cares about his family and loves his wife. Plus he's the only one still actively investigating Rachel's disappearance.
They did a good job of making me understand the sides of everyone involved.

carlsojo

BY THE WAY Can we talk about
the stuff you find in Samuel's room? There was a fashion mag and a silk scarf and Max is all like haha how funny I don't think Samuel would wear that kind of scarf!

Corpekata

Banned
I pretty much had to

The guy hit his kid. And they way they kind of shrug it off probably means it isn't the first time it has happened. He should have been at a hotel 2 episodes ago. He's getting off light.

holy fucking goddamn

holy shit

that was fucking nuts

I noticed when I was booting u that the game said your decisions will affect the past present and future. I hadn't noticed it before and I was like "oh shit we're gonn go back a ew years or something." I forgot about until the picture started shaking. Then I just crapped my pants all the way up to the ending.

Is Rachel missing? Is Kate alive? How do any of my decisions carry over after that? I need to go back and let William die. Dammit Max, you had to have known about the Butterfly Effect!

And something that's maybe a spoiler?
After it finishes it says "If you are affected by any of the content in Life is Strange, please visit our website at LifeIsStrange.com/talk for a list of support groups in your area. That's pretty DontNod. You guys are pretty cool.

carlsojo

The guy hit his kid. And they way they kind of shrug it off probably means it isn't the first time it has happened. He should have been at a hotel 2 episodes ago. He's getting off light.

He
didn't hit her in my timeline, but I see your point.

Grisby

Yes, this is the game the broke FF14's spell over meeeeeeeee.

Got up the (10-15 minutes into epi3)
pool in the school.

Max is so dumb in some of her word choices, and it's great, it's just like me.
"I've always wanted to say nab."

Also, I'm starting to get some Chloe&Max vibes going on. It's cool to see them becoming friends again.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just heard about this for the first time a couple days ago. Got sick of waiting for new Dreamfall chapters to come out so picked it up on a whim. Played thru the first episode and I'm addicted. I should hate this by all rights. All the corny, snotty, hipster teen dialog SHOULD be annoying but for some reason it's endearing and hilarious and I can't get enough of it. Can't wait to play the 2nd and 3rd chapters. I hope there is payoff to all the intrigue they are setting up.

Between this and Dreamfall tho I'm really starting to hate this episodic release schedule because I haaaaaaate waiting!

LeonSPBR

Another great episode with some amazing moments and wonderful soundtrack. I'm really glad this game does have a good deal of chill moments to balance out some of the absolute insane shit that seems to happen. That ending too...I don't think I saw any of the last chapters coming at all. The wait is real.

My stats this time around:
I left the money
I kissed Chloe
I sided with Chloe - GOD DAMN did this feel so fucking good. Loved the bit with Chloe right after telling me not to rewind either. She knows me so well.
I didn't kill the dog.
I missed the bit about the gun, but Chloe still has it, so that works out.

Got the same stats. And like you
I didn't even notice the gun, want so bad to replay it, but I won't. There is no fun in that.

I am debating watching PewDiePie play this game on YouTube... but that seems a bad idea as his style is too grating for me.

I already watched the Geek Remix girls - which I grew to like after figuring them out. They seemed a bit hyper at the start, but the are actually a good watch and listen. They are happy to dig into mythology of the series.

I am debating watching PewDiePie play this game on YouTube... but that seems a bad idea as his style is too grating for me.

I already watched the Geek Remix girls - which I grew to like after figuring them out. They seemed a bit hyper at the start, but the are actually a good watch and listen. They are happy to dig into mythology of the series.

They seem to have become the de facto LiS LP'ers. Mari in particular is crazy perceptive and has some really well argued theories.

geek remix is the best life is strange LPers I have seen. I already played through episode 3 twice, but I am currently watching their playthrough in the background just to hear what they have to say about it

Danj

Another great episode with some amazing moments and wonderful soundtrack. I'm really glad this game does have a good deal of chill moments to balance out some of the absolute insane shit that seems to happen. That ending too...I don't think I saw any of the last chapters coming at all. The wait is real.

My stats this time around:
I left the money
I kissed Chloe
I sided with Chloe - GOD DAMN did this feel so fucking good. Loved the bit with Chloe right after telling me not to rewind either. She knows me so well.
I didn't kill the dog.
I missed the bit about the gun, but Chloe still has it, so that works out.

Mine was the same except I
took the money
. Given what happened at the end I'm not sure that's going to make a lot of difference, at least unless/until
Max puts the timeline back how it was

Oh good! I am glad other people know about Geek Remix. I did a GAF search after finding them (and liking them), but did not see even one mention ever on GAF about them. Ended up subscribing to them on YT, and might watch more of there stuff in the future.

This is rare for me, as I usually go into most Streamer / Let's Player expecting the worst.

this is a terrible idea no matter what

You are probably right. I was hoping LiS would counteract this, but probably not.

13randO

Episode 1: January 29
Episode 2: March 23 (53 days later)
Episode 3: May 18 (56 days later)

Assuming the pattern holds, episode 4 should be out around July 10/13 (assuming no weekend release) and episode 5 around September 4/7.

And now that I've done that calculation: SO FAR AWAY.

(also, beaten by previous post)

Honestly, I was hoping for the last one to be released in October (the month when the game takes place).

Oh good! I am glad other people know about Geek Remix. I did a GAF search after finding them (and liking them), but did not see even one mention ever on GAF about them. Ended up subscribing to them on YT, and might watch more of there stuff in the future.

This is rare for me, as I usually go into most Streamer / Let's Player expecting the worst.

Geek Remix is fantastic. I first discovered them through the Dragon Age subreddit (Mari is a regular poster there and their DAI LP was well received). I feel that their audience skews older than the average LP'er, which allows them to act in a more intelligent and mature fashion.

I decided to check out the PewDiePie thing (I hate myself), and apparently he is forcing people to download an phone app to see the end of his LiS videos.

Episode 2 stops after the diner scene on YouTube for example.

So, yeah, screw that then.

I will just watch more Geek Remix then!

JonnyKong

So how is everything in ep 3 dealt with Kate,
for the people who kept her alive? Is she around in the episode, talk much?

I'm glad somebody else up above mentioned the Samuel thing, He has the creepiest voice I've ever heard!

I'm glad somebody else up above mentioned the Samuel thing, He has the creepiest voice I've ever heard!

She is never seen onscreen in EP3, although this is explained due to her being under supervision in hospital after the suicide attempt.

If the game is following real life rules, she should not be allowed out of hospital until the Friday after the suicide attempt (72 Hour Hold). So that will explain her out of appearing in much of the rest of the game if needed

She does text Max though, and other characters talk to Max about what she did on the roof.

Basically, if she lives, she is moved from a main character to very much a side character.

carlsojo

Kate
I haven't played the episode with Kate being dead, but in my game she is talked about a lot, i.e. the town reacting and additionally everyone has perceptions of you as a hero.

Everyone's slates at the dorm have messages such as "We miss you Kate" and "get better soon" which irks Max as she thinks some people are being hypocritical.

You can blame some people for what happened (e.g. Taylor) and bitch about Victoria and her bullying with others.

Speaking of Victoria, she appears to be legit shaken by the whole thing according to some emails you can snoop on.

Everybody congratulates Max on her heroics (including the local newspaper) and she's rather embarrassed about it.

Kate herself doesn't make an appearance but she texts Max at some point thanking her.

Oogedei

Wow! Really enjoyed this episode. Can't wait for the next one :( they should have tried an Alan Wake like approach. 5 different episodes but all playable right from the start.
And hell this ending. It's so good! I'm really curious about what will happen next. I guess she somehow travels back to the first timeline because otherwise it would have been ussless for us to register ourselves to the Vortex Club Party, promise Warren to go to the drive in with him, etc. . Also, did anybody else notice the Doctor Who reference in Victorias trash bin?

Certinty

Dunno if this was mentioned or not, but the glow in the dark figurine in Victoria's room actually glows in the dark.

and after shining the flashlight on it:

GREAT attention to detail IMO...
The attention to detail is stunning in this game.

I also love how
when Max goes to the past Chloe's dad is using the camera she gave you when yours broke and how in order to take the last optional photo you have to interact with it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just finished episode 2. I think this is the heaviest game I ever played!

Kamion

Who else
killed their plant and is now super scared of killing off Kate's bunny by mistake?

Anyway, I loved the episode. This game is the perfect amalgam of Telltale games and Gone Home. Love it.

Who else
killed their plant and is now super scared of killing off Kate's bunny by mistake?

Anyway, I loved the episode. This game is the perfect amalgam of Telltale games and Gone Home. Love it.

I am going to
overfeed the bunny and it will burst

BY2K

Membero Americo
I decided to check out the PewDiePie thing (I hate myself), and apparently he is forcing people to download an phone app to see the end of his LiS videos.

Episode 2 stops after the diner scene on YouTube for example.

So, yeah, screw that then.

I will just watch more Geek Remix then!

Wait what? What kind of app is that? Is this a new youtuber thing?

Wait what? What kind of app is that? Is this a new youtuber thing?

I think he is just putting it on the app - to get more ad money.... I do not really know.

Here is the comment on the video.

i78yrmA.png

And the App...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pewdiepie-official-app/id900721552?mt=8

screen480x480.jpeg

I don't know what the app is, as I am not downloading it, and no one is going to make me. NO ONE.

Top Bottom