• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Kamion

Wait. wait. WAAAAAAIT A MINUTE.
Kates Bunny? Oh shite, i think i forgot something.

It's in your room, to the left of your plant. Maybe it doesn't show up in some cases? In my timeline I
saved Kate, she's currently in the hospital

I gave it a carrot... but I don't think I will feed it next time, as to not repeat my plant-mistake. Then again maybe that's exactly what they want me to think.

Maybe it'll just be fat.

grimmiq

They seem to have become the de facto LiS LP'ers. Mari in particular is crazy perceptive and has some really well argued theories.

I used to watch their stuff but kinda got irritated when some idiot made a stupid comment, happened to have a Joffrey avatar and Mari went nuts posting a mini rant filled with Game of Thrones spoilers..Yeah, you sure showed that one guy.. Too bad about the hundreds of other people that didn't want to see that.

Apoptomon

Who else
killed their plant and is now super scared of killing off Kate's bunny by mistake?
I did that.
Too bad that it wasn't until after the fact that I saw text message warning about it. There aren't many episodes to go, though, so there probably won't be enough chances to give the bunny diabetes. I hope.

I think he is just putting it on the app - to get more ad money.... I do not really know.

Here is the comment on the video.

i78yrmA.png

And the App...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pewdiepie-official-app/id900721552?mt=8

screen480x480.jpeg

I don't know what the app is, as I am not downloading it, and no one is going to make me. NO ONE.
?

Part 2 of the playthrough ends with the ending of the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0FGb7HmkWc

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do I take a picture of
the stupid bird thing in the head's office?
The game won't let me.

The photo is a tad misleading there.

Instead of being a photo of the bronze bird, you're supposed to take a picture of Chloe at the desk while you're standing on the side where the bird is.

Certinty

How do I take a picture of
the stupid bird thing in the head's office?
The game won't let me.
It's a tricky one. Stand next to the bird when Chloe is sitting in the chair and then look at Chloe, not the bird. Hopefully this helps.

EDIT: Beaten twice!

On another note though I reckon this was by far the easiest episode for the optional photos, took all of them in one playthrough without a guide. Episode 2 had some real tricky ones from what I remember.

Zareka

Get behind it and look at Chloe.

The photo is a tad misleading there.

Instead of being a photo of the bronze bird, you're supposed to take a picture of Chloe at the desk while you're standing on the side where the bird is.

It's a tricky one. Stand next to the bird when Chloe is sitting in the chair and then look at Chloe, not the bird. Hopefully this helps.
Dog piled with quick responses! Thanks everyone. Now just to find the photo in
Chloe's living room/garden
and I'm done with episode 3 for now. :)

Edit: aaaand done! The wait for EP 4 is going to be killer. I wish it were sooner, 3 was far too short. :(

Osahi

Just finished episode 3 in one sitting. What a great game. Love how this episode is all just max hanging around with chloe, in stead of focussing on supernatural stuff.

Missed most of the photos though, but i'll probably grab them once every episode is out. Now i am affraid that if i replay sections it will change some of my choices. (Doing a purist runtrough, no reloading)

And though i thought the ending was great, i am a bit conflicted about it:

doesn't it undo all previous choices and start over with a clean slate? I guess you'll get back in the other timeline eventually

Zareka

Missed most of the photos though, but i'll probably grab them once every episode is out. Now i am affraid that if i replay sections it will change some of my choices. (Doing a purist runtrough, no reloading)

If that's what you're worried about, attempting to replay a chapter will give you the option to play in collectible mode. None of your choices are recorded so you can photo hunt without messing up your save.

Kinsei

Banned
Just finished episode 3 in one sitting. What a great game. Love how this episode is all just max hanging around with chloe, in stead of focussing on supernatural stuff.

And though i thought the ending was great, i am a bit conflicted about it:

doesn't it undo all previous choices and start over with a clean slate? I guess you'll get back in the other timeline eventually

That game accounted for that. After you finish an episode you unlock a mode that lets you get the photos you missed but it doesn't change any of the decisions you made your first time through.

Judging by the preview, we'll be back in the original timeline by the end of episode 4.

I really want to play this game with my wife, I think she would really enjoy it. She isn't into a ton of games but she really loves Animal Crossing, Costume Quest, Mario games etc.

I think with this game being presented almost like a TV show will really appeal to her.

Someone doesn't know about collector mode it seems. Just select the episode and it will show you all the chapters and how many photos are in each one, you can replay in collector mode and it won't override your choices

Volcynika

Someone doesn't know about collector mode it seems. Just select the episode and it will show you all the chapters and how many photos are in each one, you can replay in collector mode and it won't override your choices

I did not know about this at all, but I am glad I do. Will have to do that this weekend.

Osahi

Oh thanks guys! I did not know about collectors mode (never selected a replay option). Great, i'll grab the missing ones asap

Choomp

Banned
I can't find any help regarding
the hidden stuff in the school. Anyone got the locations for the sodium chlorite, soda can, and whatever the other thing is? (found sugar already)

I can't find any help regarding
the hidden stuff in the school. Anyone got the locations for the sodium chlorite, soda can, and whatever the other thing is? (found sugar already)

Soda from one of the vending machines in hallway
Tape at the back of Jefferson's classroom around windowside
Chlorite at the top shelf of the back of science classroom around doorside

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know if posting what I'm going to post is a spoiler but Episode 3 hit some feels.

over 20 years ago, my cousin, who I was very close to, died in a drunk driving accident from leaving a late night party. He was in the passenger side, driver lost control, they hit a tree, he was the only one who died. We were both in high school, only a year apart in age and lived about an hour away. We had always seen each other on holidays and other gatherings. In fact the accident happened the day after thanksgiving. I had just seen him.

It kinda fucked me up a bit, and was really hard on the rest of his immediate family. What happened toward the end of episode 3 is something I desperately wished for when I was younger. To see it portrayed in a very similar way to how I imagined it was....weird. I knew later, as I got older that there isn't any guaranteed way to fix everything. Every action has a consequence. Still, you sometimes think about it, would it be worth the risk? We'll never know the answer for real, so this has now become a way for me to sort of explore that possibility.

Resseh

Holy fuck at the ending.
i was getting goosebumps due to the lower angle of the camera shot and was expecting it but damn !!!!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She is never seen onscreen in EP3, although this is explained due to her being under supervision in hospital after the suicide attempt.

If the game is following real life rules, she should not be allowed out of hospital until the Friday after the suicide attempt (72 Hour Hold). So that will explain her out of appearing in much of the rest of the game if needed

She does text Max though, and other characters talk to Max about what she did on the roof.

Basically, if she lives, she is moved from a main character to very much a side character.

There is also the conversation with Alyssa at the diner talking about visiting Kate when they are allowed to.

Chaos17

It's in your room, to the left of your plant. Maybe it doesn't show up in some cases? In my timeline I
saved Kate, she's currently in the hospital

I gave it a carrot... but I don't think I will feed it next time, as to not repeat my plant-mistake. Then again maybe that's exactly what they want me to think.

Maybe it'll just be fat.

Animals are different from plants, they've to eat every day.

Symphonia

Banned
It was a good chapter, but not great. The ending left me legit in shock, but other than that? Meh.
I think we'll get to back in time to the Vortex Club party that Kate attended via that photo Max found. If that photo even exists, that is, or maybe Kate is still alive? So many questions!

Despera

Banned
Dat ending goddamn.
And seeing the choices I made... Now I'm 100% sure preventing Chloe from stealing that disability fund was the right thing to do. It's funny how it's the choice with the most even split as well (57 to 43 as of the time of this post on PC).

On to the next one! Shit is getting real interesting.

Okay, I started playing the third chapter a couple of hours ago, and now it's finished.
The new superpower was not really a surprise, I mean the photos must have a plot purpose from the beginning, and not just some random extra gameplay element. The shock ending was pretty logical... she'd be either dead or somehow different, and I'm glad she's at least alive now. I think with some creative time travelling we can fix her and keep her dad alive also, but somehow I think we'll end up where we started, with him dead, and things returning to status quo. I mean, it would be cool, and take huge amounts of balls from the dev team, that the history would stay changed like this, but that would mean a quite significant part of various plot threads would be left hanging.

I tried to be more careful, but still I missed almost half of the photo opportunities. Revisiting some of the old locales didn't bother me too much. One new locale, the
swimming hall
was a bit boring, or uneventful rather... I was expecting something more to happen. But yeah, I'm still quite happy how everything is going with the story.

Can't wait for part 4.

edit: My wife got a bit crossed at me for killing the
dog
by mistake (just pressed the button without thinking), but I quickly rewinded from that.

I have yet to play any of the episodes, but I have a question. Following so much praise and enthusiasm, I'm very interested in trying this game. Is there a marked difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions of Life is Strange? I only have a Playstation 3.

I have yet to play any of the episodes, but I have a question. Following so much praise and enthusiasm, I'm very interested in trying this game. Is there a marked difference between the PS4 and PS3 versions of Life is Strange? I only have a Playstation 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJaraC-ifkY

This might help. They're not too different since the game isn't very graphically intensive, but the PS3 version does have some lower quality textures and screen tearing.

Zareka

Speaking of screen tearing, did anyone else notice the random screen tearing in
the office type room in the pool hall
on PS4? It stopped bothering me after a few seconds but it was really weird for it to only happen in that specific area. The game's ran pretty great otherwise.

I always hesitate to play these episodes, I don't want them to end. We do seem to be at the beginning of a renaissance of narrative-driven gaming, but there still isn't a lot like this out there, and it's kind of sad when I don't have more of the game to play. I guess TTG's stuff scratches a similar itch, but Life is Strange nails this kind of melancholy tone that very, very few other games have achieved (or even tried for, really).

Hate to be sappy, but if anyone from the team sees this, thank you. I really look forward to each new episode,

TripOpt55

Just finished the third episode. This series continues to blow my mind. Not sure how I feel about the end, but I can't wait to see where this goes next.

Damn that ending. Knew I should have waited until all episodes are out. Sucks that it ended on a cliffhanger

There are many decisions that I think I should've rewinded...
Guess I'll replay all episodes again when episode 5 releases

When is the next episode scheduled to release?

I just finished episode 3, god damn. Reminds me of film that is a guilty pleasure of mine

Butterfly Effect

Loved the episode. Bring on episodes 4, 5, season 2, merchandise, DLC, GOTY edition, and Go Ape collecter's Edition

Finished episode 3. Maybe as a father this is different for me but...

There's no dilemma here. If he's got to die to keep Chloe whole then that's what he'd want. Maybe we can get a message from him to main!Chloe at least.

Speaking of screen tearing, did anyone else notice the random screen tearing in
the office type room in the pool hall
on PS4? It stopped bothering me after a few seconds but it was really weird for it to only happen in that specific area. The game's ran pretty great otherwise.

I noticed some inside the
Principal's offie, or the other room before it
. But you kind of just notice it, and forget it, because it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way.

Alfredo

Just finished Episode 3. Man...what a way to make you excited for the next episode! It almost makes up for all the disappointments I've encountered in the previous episodes.

Also, I want to believe that this is a reference to Wrestling is Strange, lol.

Danj

Dat ending goddamn.
And seeing the choices I made... Now I'm 100% sure preventing Chloe from stealing that disability fund was the right thing to do. It's funny how it's the choice with the most even split as well (57 to 43 as of the time of this post on PC).

On to the next one! Shit is getting real interesting.

You don't really believe that was actually
the disability fund
though do you? I mean,
principals don't generally keep college money in cash in a shady brown envelope in their drawer
, do they? Or is that an American thing? To my mind it seems much more likely that it's
a bribe or some other shadily obtained money

At least new Game of Thrones and Borderlands episodes should come out from Telltale before the next Life Is Strange (both games had patches auto-installed recently), but I doubt they help with the wait that much. The quality gap between LIS and those is too great.

You don't really believe that was actually
the disability fund
though do you? I mean,
principals don't generally keep college money in cash in a shady brown envelope in their drawer
, do they? Or is that an American thing? To my mind it seems much more likely that it's
a bribe or some other shadily obtained money

I though maybe it was just in temperary storage. The principal was drunk, so maybe he forgot to store it in more secure place.

I bought this today, great game. I really like Max, goofy dialogue and all. Chloe is meh, Kate is adorable as fuck and
it's the only time I wish this game was your standard combat oriented modern game so I could take Max in there and go God Hand on those assholes for bullying her.
The music is really amazing and makes the scenes even better. I also love the lighting, the art direction clearly is low-poly but still looks great.

I would really like it if you could read the journal in the main menu, the journal is actually one of my favourite things about the game. Just reading what Max thinks about everything with some super relaxing music in the background. It's too cozy dammit. It really makes the whole LiS experience complete for me.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh my. I finished 3. I wish I could go back in time to before I ever started playing this. I can't take it. :(

I hate when I get to the end and then see on the choices screen that there was something I completely missed that I would have changed had I noticed it. Specifically I missed
being able to plant David's gun in the RV?
. Just based on what I know about this kind of game I have to imagine it won't change too much in the grand scheme but a part of me still wants to go back and overwrite my progress to get all outcomes the way I want.

Oh my. I finished 3. I wish I could go back in time to before I ever started playing this. I can't take it. :(

I hate when I get to the end and then see on the choices screen that there was something I completely missed that I would have changed had I noticed it. Specifically I missed
being able to plant David's gun in the RV?
. Just based on what I know about this kind of game I have to imagine it won't change too much in the grand scheme but a part of me still wants to go back and overwrite my progress to get all outcomes the way I want.

I think it's the other way around. If you'd already lost the gun once, this is your chance to get it back.

Top Bottom