• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII DEMO - OUT NOW* -

TechOne

Can't find it on my 360 anywhere.

I see on the Xbox.com website but it says I need Gold to download it which I currently have a Gold trial right now.

.... the hell....

If you don't have Gold you can't download the demo until a week after it has been released.

That might be why you can't see the demo on the 360 dashboard?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
If you don't have Gold you cant download the demo until a week after it has been released.

That might be why you can't see the demo on the 360 dashboard?
You probably didn't read my post.

I said I currently have a trial of Gold right now.

You probably didn't read my post.

I said I currently have a trial of Gold right now.

Trials of Gold are not really "Xbox LIVE Gold." They only unlock multiplayer and maybe the TV apps. You need at least one month of Gold to take part in the sales and other Gold benefits like demos.

I don't know if your impressions just come from the limited demo, but the BS is probably the only element I didn't hear anything bad about from importers.

Demo thread, demo impressions!

nOoblet16

I'm not feeling the combat in the demo, maybe it will grow on me but I don't know.

I loved XIII and XIII-2 (XIII a bit more due to better art, locations and a more focused narrative...but XIII-2, even though somewhat easier, had superior combat).

Darkmakaimura

Trials of Gold are not really "Xbox LIVE Gold." They only unlock multiplayer and maybe the TV apps. You need at least one month of Gold to take part in the sales and other Gold benefits like demos.
I remember I wasn't able to download a trial of Mirror of Fate and then I received an Xbox Gold Trial and was able to do it.

Any impressions of the actual game? I know GAF has been playing the JP version for some time now. Whats the consensus?

I think not more than 3 here played the game. Kagari didn't like it (calling it "average" in her review), the other guy (goli) is posting here various gameplay details and he seems to like the game.

I loved the game, platinumed it like the two other games.
Then again, I loved FFXIII and XIII-2 a lot.

Synless

I was gonna check this out today, but my two year old PS3 slim was dead when I went to turn it on this morning. No power whatsoever, I am very very unhappy.

Esura

Banned
I was gonna check this out today, but my two year old PS3 slim was dead when I went to turn it on this morning. No power whatsoever, I am very very unhappy.

Ouch.....I'm sorry to hear that. I went through something similar with my old PS3 a few years back, although it was my Blu ray drive that went caput instead of the entire thing.

I think Sony would fix it for you but they'll charge you if you have no warranty.

Esura

Banned
Yeah, I'm not seeing it on PSN either.

EDIT: I "purchased" it from the SEN site so I'll see if it will pop up in my download history.

EDIT2: Ok that worked!

Darkmakaimura

48-hour trials aren't supposed to work for demos. I know 30-day trials/subs do, I have no idea on 7 or 14 day trials though.
Just made a new account and got 30 days free Xbox Live Gold. Checked my account and it says Xbox Live Gold. Lightning Returns demo is still not showing up on my dashboard anywhere. If I got to Xbox.com while I logged into my new account, it's there but it says I need Gold to download it.

I guess any Gold trial is exempt. Thanks MS!

Esura

Banned
Exit PSN and enter again. Then go for New PS3 demos. It worked for me.

I think I'm going crazy. I decided to try again just to pique my curiosity and I'm still not seeing it. lol

I know this is a thread for mindless hype, but come on. It's not even the most promising jrpg of February.

Depends on the person I suppose. This and Bravely Default and Xillia 2 are my most anticipated RPGs for the year. Probably some others as well I want and/or have preordered but those three are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

MrDaravon

Just made a new account and got 30 days free Xbox Live Gold. Checked my account and it says Xbox Live Gold. Lightning Returns demo is still not showing up on my dashboard anywhere. If I got to Xbox.com while I logged into my new account, it's there but it says I need Gold to download it.

I guess any Gold trial is exempt. Thanks MS!

That's weird, 30-day trials (even made through a new account) have always worked in the past.

My Gold actually just lapsed this morning, I have a 7-day trial card, later today I'll try using it and see if that works.

Darkmakaimura

That's weird, 30-day trials (even made through a new account) have always worked in the past.

My Gold actually just lapsed this morning, I have a 7-day trial card, later today I'll try using it and see if that works.
If you get it to work, please let me know how because I've tried a lot of different methods now. From the looks of it, any trial seems to be exempt. It is strange that even the 30 day free trial for new accounts is exempt, too.

MrDaravon

If you get it to work, please let me know how because I've tried a lot of different methods now. From the looks of it, any trial seems to be exempt. It is strange that even the 30 day free trial for new accounts is exempt, too.

Either you're unlucky for some reason, this is a very recent policy shift, or it's something weird with this demo.

Every time there is a major demo released on 360, there's always users here who do the 1 free month through a new account thing to grab it, and it has always worked in the past. Once my PS3 demo finishes downloading I'll boot up the 360 and try.

Darkmakaimura

Either you're unlucky for some reason, this is a very recent policy shift, or it's something weird with this demo.

Every time there is a major demo released on 360, there's always users here who do the 1 free month through a new account thing to grab it, and it has always worked in the past.
Try it yourself.

I've doubled checked it again just now....

sPAANJ0.png

krVt6b6.png

New policy shift?

Teddified

I did the post to outerworld after the boss thing, does it need to be connected to Facebook or twitter too for the costume?

I didn't really get any confirmation about getting the costume, so I'm just wondering.

Sylas

After playing the demo, I feel confident in saying this is one of the worse cames I've played this year!

But seriously, this was mindlessly boring and dull.

Robin64

Not up on Europe's PSN. Wonder if I can nab the one from the US store and still qualify for the costume bonuses.

Ricker

Combat is so much fun and the costumes look great for the most part...I didnt activate the Overworld but I will next time..couldn't quite figure the sub schemata thing though,that Red Mage outfit looked great but I couldn't set it as my main...?

Teddified

Combat is so much fun and the costumes look great for the most part...I didnt activate the Overworld but I will next time..couldn't quite figure the sub schemata thing though,that Red Mage outfit looked great but I couldn't set it as my main...?

You could push square to set as main, or do you mean putting it into the battle? If so you use Triangle to replace one of the other costumes.

Well I think I'll grab it, seems fun enough, though I skipped all the cutscenes(so I can see if I played the full ver). It might not end up being worth 60 but oh well.

Top Bottom