• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Remf

Played it a little over an hour last night and I'm loving it. The controls are indeed tighter for sackboy which makes big difference. The other characters are great as well and I can't wait to see what the community does with them. If only I didn't have to work today....

TimmiT

Downloaded it from US PSN (I live in Europe) and it gets stuck at the loading screen for the cutscene after the introduction level for me.

EDIT: It worked after restarting my PS4.

Did anyone preorder at Best Buy? My preorder code doesn't work at all...They actually sent me 2 of them and neither one works...

Sucks

this is probably the case where you will have to wait until PSN store updates.

Thanks, appears I'm not the only one...
Best Buy sent me two codes cause they had to void my order and redo it, so it's like I bought 2. It is the plushy preorder that comes with the different PlayStation character costumes. When they work, I will gift one of them here if someone didn't preorder and wants it...

Is anyone's Day 1 DLC code working? Everytime I redeem mine I get an error.

eliza0224

Deleted the game and installed again. Booted it up, played for a bit, and the game says it's installing but won't progress :/

I can play but I don't see that the bar advances. Does it take long to install?

I should add that I can only play the first world. I can't check anything else, not even community, store, etc.

that velociporter though. wow.

B2vMATiIEAA2wjO.jpg:large

then you get here and get stuck. in the portal lol. at least you can blow yourself up though.

So how's it holding up?

I have to wait until all my homework's finished before I play because professors love to assign shit all at once.

How is everyone liking it?

Fracas

#fuckonami
The levels people come up with are gonna be nuts. Can't wait to check it all out when I get off work later.

Remf

So how's it holding up?

I have to wait until all my homework's finished before I play because professors love to assign shit all at once.

IMO, it's the best in the series. Haven't ran into any bugs like some others have mentioned as well.

Schryver

Thinking of getting this today. I'm new to Playstation this gen so never played the other games. Obviously the new user-created levels will be the real draw, but how many of the older levels are legitimately worth playing?

alexbull_uk

Is European DLC compatible with the US game?

I'd love to play tonight, but I'm not losing access to my (shamefully large) DLC collection.

It's so strange that only some people are getting the popit freezing for no rhyme or reason. It would make sense if it was disc version only or digital. The game is almost unplayable for me until it's fixed though.

I have 3 LBP3 DLC codes that don't work yet (Day 1 Pack, Amazon Pre-Order Playstation Favorites Pack, and the Toggle Costume from the Run Sackboy Run app). Will wait until later to try again.

netguy503

My Gamestop day 1 costumes code doesn't work. :( Anyone else? All my Far Cry 4 limited edition codes worked and my gamestop LBP3 preorder code as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anybody know how the PS3 version stacks up? Is the PS4 version just a little shinier?
There are a bunch of comparison videos on YT.

The most noticeable difference is the better textures IMO. Next would probably be the resolution.

Functionally, I think creating trailers for levels and the stream chat integration tools are the only exclusive stuff to the PS4.

fascinating experience at lunch today...

gamestop #1: sold out of plush edition, but we have regular edition. clerk proceeds to attempt to sell me the open shelf copy without telling me. I ask if there are any sealed copies left and he says no, so I leave.

gamestop #2: sold out of both except for pre-orders, offers to call a third store for me. the third store has one plush edition left.

gamestop #3: scored the plush edition for ps4 after declining store credit card and game warranty.

15 minutes late back from lunch, but at least i got the game and my sackboy!

fernoca

My Gamestop day 1 costumes code doesn't work. :( Anyone else? All my Far Cry 4 limited edition codes worked and my gamestop LBP3 preorder code as well.
Store's still updating.
The Last of Us costumes on the game store are marked as $3 for the bundle, but free by separate since they're part of the 4thePlayers Pack of the Day One Edition. But can only be added to the cart as a bundle.

By night things should be up to date. PSN updates are always like this.

There are a bunch of comparison videos on YT.

The most noticeable difference is the better textures IMO. Next would probably be the resolution.

Functionally, I think creating trailers for levels and the stream chat integration tools are the only exclusive stuff to the PS4.
Don't forget DS4 touch pad usage as well!

And to everyone who's been experiencing issues, much apologies! We are definitely looking at them and trying to get some fixes out for y'all as soon as we can.

JohngPR

It's so strange that only some people are getting the popit freezing for no rhyme or reason. It would make sense if it was disc version only or digital. The game is almost unplayable for me until it's fixed though.

Same for me...it freezes for a good 10 seconds when I bring up the pop it and freezes for about as long to get out of the pop it. As much as my son goes into the pop it when we play together, it's unplayable for me right now. :(

So how's it holding up?

My daughter is home sick, so we played for about 2 hours, handing the controller back and forth. The framerate has been GREATLY improved compared to the demo version I played a Best Buy a few weeks back. The load times are also significantly better. The IQ looks fine, like a 1080p LBP as you would expect.

I really cannot believe all the crazy things they have added. 3 new characters, the jumps that take you back and forth between levels, the transporters, those crazy transport ball shooter thingies. The music is fantastic. They have some licensed music in there. When I heard "Mr. Sandman" I was cracking up. And that song "He wears tan shoes with big shoe laces" made me smile.

I fell through a level 1 time in my 2 hours. It was like when you play a user created level and there is one little portion where you can fall through or something. With all of these levels being created with the creation tools, there is bound to be something somewhere that gets glitched. I fell through the level when I got stuck up behind something, fell for what seemed like forever, so I pulled up my popit and killed myself, and restarted at the respawn point.

I have the patch installed, I really dont know what IGN was talking about. Framerate is solid, I had 1 little bug in my first 2 hours. Level designs are crazy. If you are someone wanting to 100% this game, it is going to be a fair challenge. I really like the challenge of the Pots and Pans boss on the second world. Dude is very challenging if you are trying to defeat without dying, but it is very fair. I am not having any of these poppit freezes people are talking about. It works instantly. That is a weird one that seems to be hit or miss with people, I have the Disc version BTW.

My preorder codes will not redeem, but that appears to be a "wait till the store update" thingy. Others are having the same issue. I haven't even played with any of the new characters yet. You have to unlock them by playing through and collecting marbles. I have 2 of the 3 for oddsock. They have a little vendor in the 3rd world (I believe) that sells you costumes and stuff. They are pretty cool, a dog and elephant costume for oddsock. Plus 8 more or so.

If you are a LBP fan, or appreciate what it is trying to accomplish, you will not be disappointed in this game.

Fucking modern gaming.

Put the game in
Have to update PS3 firmware
Start game
Have to update game
DL and install a 200MB+ update
DL and install a 100MB+ update
Start game again
Game now has to install 10GB

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Just let me play with my sack!

SSReborn

Fucking modern gaming.

Put the game in
Have to update PS3 firmware
Start game
Have to update game
DL and install a 200MB+ update
DL and install a 100MB+ update
Start game again
Game now has to install 10GB

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Just let me play with my sack!
Technically that isn't modern gaming lol I don't think next gen (current) consoles have those problems.

Teknoman

Whats the difference between an Adventure and a Level again?

In create mode, hexagonal shapes labeled adventure I mean.

I'm curious to know how the online coop is. Has anyone tried connecting with other players? I'm hoping that it doesn't have the lag of previous games. Not that it's going to sway my purchase decision, as it's already sitting in my car, waiting for me.

I'm curious to know how the online coop is. Has anyone tried connecting with other players? I'm hoping that it doesn't have the lag of previous games. Not that it's going to sway my purchase decision, as it's already sitting in my car, waiting for me.

I tried to join someone yesterday but they rejected me :(

Top Bottom