• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Again opinions and whatnot. I can safely say I would not get lbp if it was just a level editor and nothing else, and I would bet the majority would agree with that. That being said I'm not saying there is no campaign here it just sounds like not a lot of time was spent on it.

I would wait months to pick the game up if it didn't have a story mode. I'm just saying the fact of the matter is that most of us will be spending the majority of our time outside of the story mode.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
PSN has gotten so slow. It's taking me ages to get the last little bit of this patch downloaded.

Creaking

So I just imported my LBP1 and 2 saves, but I'm still missing a lot of LBP2 costume pieces (maybe 1 as well, but I wouldn't remember as well). Anyone else having this issue? I ought to have all the pins...

The Lamp

Just got to the first world after the prologues.

Omg. OMG. You can do so much more in this than you could in the previous 2. And the new gameplay additions through the power-ups are awesome.

I haven't run into any bugs so far except that LBP3 just quit to the PS4 home screen with some sort of error at the end of the level where I get
the marble at the stealthy level for Oddsock

No pop-it issues that I can see, and no game-breaking bugs.

Creaking

Why does the stripy jacket (one of the earliest costume pieces) get rid conflict with waist items? It looks no different than any other jacket. Hope there aren't a lot of needless conflicting costume bits like this. Is it fixable?

image.jpg

Picked it up before, got a free Oyster card holder and 5000 won !

So far so good, only played about 30 min.

zinder

Sorry for a stupid question, but how exactly do I import my old DLC costumes back? I can see some that I already own some at the store, but I can't add them to the cart to download them.

Wil348

In a way, I'm kind of glad that IGN lowered the score because of bugs. Gamespot did the same for Halo MCC and its multiplayer issues, despite it being a huge franchise that would usually earn critical acclaim. Developers shouldn't release games with major issues, period. Still, 6.8 isn't actually that bad of a score, and it's still got a good Metascore too.

That said, I am still looking forward to this, it looks like a lot of fun. I won't be getting it until Christmas so hopefully the bugs will be fixed by then.

EDIT: Oh wait, there's already a patch? My mistake.

slash3584

Played like 20 mins just before going to work.

I can't fucking wait to come back.

After playing some LBP yesterday on my PS3 this look a lot sharper, also notices the jump differences right away.

fernoca

Most of the DLC will be live during the day when the store finishes updating.

Mine's a digital copy and while I can use the Dragon Age costumes, there's no sign of the "4ThePlayers" costumes and everything else I own just says "No content available".

Still salty that the 'Extras Edition' is apparently the only one releasing in Aus.

Gonna have to import the one with the regular cover and break my 100% AU collection I've got going with my current gen games (Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PSV).

Poona

Still salty that the 'Extras Edition' is apparently the only one releasing in Aus.

Gonna have to import the one with the regular cover and break my 100% AU collection I've got going with my current gen games (Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PSV).

I did think that as well. I want the regular as I prefer that cover. I'm still to enquire at ebgames but in dick smith latest catalogue they have the standard one pictured saying it is $59 if you pre-order with them ( http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/170436 ) So it could be a misprint with the cover image or it could be accurate.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is this thread going to highlight/link to recommended levels? Or will there be a separate thread for that? Guessing you can still link to lbp.me and queue them up from a browser?

zinder

Most of the DLC will be live during the day when the store finishes updating.

Mine's a digital copy and while I can use the Dragon Age costumes, there's no sign of the "4ThePlayers" costumes and everything else I own just says "No content available".

Oh, that's a relief. I thought I couldn't see the content because I am located in EU (playing on US account). Hopefully that's not the case.

Creaking

Again, is anyone else having issues with not getting everything that they ought to have from LittleBigPlanet 2? I'm missing a good chunk of costumes, objects, etc. , even though I beat and aced and looted every level in that game within the first week of release. I've got the pins and whatnot, but the import didn't pull everything that it should have.

Warms the cockles of me heart to hear you say that :)

It's really a brilliant feature and will probably get me to buy more DLC in the long run. Got a few odd bugs with it here and there though. Some costumes not displaying properly.

hesido

This may be the only game on PS4 that supports the Move, no? (Aside from the sportsfriends PSN game that doesn't require camera, AFAIK)

ijed

Thought it was weird there was no regular edition - Makes the digital version cheaper than the physical version, which still comes with Dragon Age DLC and a T-shirt DLC. Which means you're paying $20 for 4 costumes... Guess 'Extra Edition' means extra Australia Tax :/

Ferr986

So this game is going to be released next week on EU? Because on Amazon Spain it shows that release date is tomorrow.

Thinking about buying this one on the PS4. Never played any LBP because I come from 360 last gen and Im in the mood for a platformer. Im not so much about building levels but playing other players level should be interesting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to buy this, but I'm a bit worried about the bugs/crashes/glitches talked about in reviews. Did the update fix these?

Lemondish

So this game is going to be released next week on EU? Because on Amazon Spain it shows that release date is tomorrow.

Thinking about buying this one on the PS4. Never played any LBP because I come from 360 last gen and Im in the mood for a platformer. Im not so much about building levels but playing other players level should be interesting.

You're certainly in for a treat. Come back and tell us what you think :)

I did think that as well. I want the regular as I prefer that cover. I'm still to enquire at ebgames but in dick smith latest catalogue they have the standard one pictured saying it is $59 if you pre-order with them ( http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/170436 ) So it could be a misprint with the cover image or it could be accurate.

Interesting. When I preordered GTA V last week they didn't even have LBP3 in the system so I couldn't preorder it. Guess I'll head back in on Saturday.

Ramza

Banned
I played through the tutorial and pregame this morning without a single issue. Can't wait to play more when I get off of work.

Top Bottom