• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

This is why reviews do matter in a lot of cases for me. They straight up tell you things that you wouldn't be able to know pre launch. The game will still be amazing for me though....

But i'm extremely disappointed hearing about the campaign. Going from LBP 1 to 2, what I LOVED about 2's story mode is how the levels really showcased the new tools you could build with. I was extremely excited to jump into the story mode this time around for that reason, but now i'm just sad.

SegaShack

Well I love the series and was looking forward to this, but I just used the $60 for this game to buy a Wii U. I was wanting the plush but I have so much schoolwork to do that I have to pass for now. Will pick up later when it's hopefully fixed too.

My profile is 536.9 MB, I have not imported anything yet.

Ok, thanks.

Can you also check your game title and see if it says LittleBigPlanet 3 or LittleBigPlanet 3 (US)

like below:

ibyzEkAioVbm9s.jpg

fernoca

IGN gave Unity a 7.8....With this quote
Keep in mind that like with the other AC games and LBP3, bugs and glitches "ymmv" written all over them. If the reviewer was lucky enough to not have many or unlucky enough to have a ton, it willshow in the review. There were people in ACU having glitches right in the intro sequence, while others had a single one.

It sucks still, but "ymmv". Reviews in general are like that, not absolutes.

More like "there are a few bugs so proceed with caution".

EDIT:
Hey banana! How did you get that theme?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Metroid: Other M is almost at 80 on Metacritic.

I like that game though, but it's still a game people hate on.

The first 2 games were in the 90s. Gaming reviews are a lot more generous than most other mediums. For instance a game at high 60s is considered pretty awful.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is why reviews do matter in a lot of cases for me. They straight up tell you things that you wouldn't be able to know pre launch. The game will still be amazing for me though....

But i'm extremely disappointed hearing about the campaign. Going from LBP 1 to 2, what I LOVED about 2's story mode is how the levels really showcased the new tools you could build with. I was extremely excited to jump into the story mode this time around for that reason, but now i'm just sad.

Don't you know the campaign doesn't matter... apparently?

Kilau

Enjoy your fully functional game and have fun :p

Well I'm thinking that if I import my 6 years of profile unlocks I will get the popit issue also.

That's the big difference I can see.

I could try to back up my profile and then import and revert if the freezing starts.

Well I'm thinking that if I import my 6 years of profile unlocks I will get the popit issue also.

That's the big difference I can see.

I could try to back up my profile and then import and revert if the freezing starts.

I don't know if that's the cause, I didn't go through any sort of process to import anything to mine. I just assumed it imported stuff because I saw my profile picture from LBP2 show up

pager99

Hey gaf advice needed, I bought the US version of lbp3 on my us account but it didn't unlock it says 9 days till unlock ie euros release date any help would be appreciated to unlock this mofo

Anyone else with the digital version have popit delay/freezing? Going from what I've seen so far only banana and I have it and we both have disc versions.

Kilau

I don't know if that's the cause, I didn't go through any sort of process to import anything to mine. I just assumed it imported stuff because I saw my profile picture from LBP2 show up

It didn't ask me about importing until I got to the pod and none of my old costumes are in the popit.

Are you using the stock PS4 HDD? I am.

It didn't ask me about importing until I got to the pod and none of my old costumes are in the popit.

Are you using the stock PS4 HDD? I am.

Nope upgrading HDD.

Side note - after deleting and reinstalling the game it now says my profile and save are corrupt and i have to delete it and start from scratch

So....please everyone don't do that -_-

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm surprised to hear of issues. Game plays great, no popup delay, no bugs. Imported both profiles too. Played a great user made swoop level and one that I published from LBP1. Everything seems very polished.

Love Hugh Laurie's VA too.

Don't you know the campaign doesn't matter... apparently?

I mean in the long run, it doesn't matter THAT much IMO because 99% of my game time will go in other aspects of the game... If it goes the same way that every LBP games has gone for me so far... But I was really hoping to jump into a great story mode to really kick start my LBP3 experience... Lol

It'll still be fun, just disappointing.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone attempted to port over LittleBigPlanet 1 or 2 saves/unlocks via the Settings menu and the game crashes every time that you pick either one? I'm looking around and I've not seen anyone else run into this issue that I know of.

Maybe I should get further in the game? I'm not sure at this point.

The Lamp

Assassin's Creed Unity, last week. Game's still awesome and my favorite since ACII.

Guess I'll enjoy LBP3. Unless the game deletes my saved data (like Battlefield 4) or the slowdown and bugs hinders the experience, I don't mind. In Unity's case I haven't encountered any problems...yet. Will see with LBP3.

Assassin's Creed Unity got crucified for also having major performance issues, not just open world jank and bugs.

Teknoman

Honestly LBP story mode is just and always will be (it seems) an entertaining way to get a good head start on items and costumes. The real game starts with the community and its awesome/stupid/amazing/thought provoking/so bad its good, level creation antics.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have ordered from GameStop, but I did against my better judgement because I wanted their pre-order bonus the most.

So when I got to the store, the lady at the register couldn't find my order (did an online pre-order for picking up at store), and she couldn't find a way to cancel it. She sold me one over the counter (I got the last Plush EditioN), only now I have to call in to cancel my order tomorrow or my credit card will get charged $5. Then when I get home, I realized that she didn't give me the stupid pre-order bonus code that was the sole reason I ordered from GameStop. Then I tried to redeem my Day 1 edition code, and the code is invalid.

This is why having different bonuses for different retailers is horrible. I would have loved to order from anywhere else. Now I have to submit a bunch of complaint forms to (hopefully) get the stuff I was promised when I placed my order 3 months ago.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean in the long run, it doesn't matter THAT much IMO because 99% of my game time will go in other aspects of the game... If it goes the same way that every LBP games has gone for me so far... But I was really hoping to jump into a great story mode to really kick start my LBP3 experience... Lol

It'll still be fun, just disappointing.

Again opinions and whatnot. I can safely say I would not get lbp if it was just a level editor and nothing else, and I would bet the majority would agree with that. That being said I'm not saying there is no campaign here it just sounds like not a lot of time was spent on it.

SegaShack

Again opinions and whatnot. I can safely say I would not get lbp if it was just a level editor and nothing else, and I would bet the majority would agree with that. That being said I'm not saying there is no campaign here it just sounds like not a lot of time was spent on it.

Honestly the levels the devs made were my favorites on Little Big Planet 1 and 2. I really loved them and they were a big part of why I enjoyed the games so much. Having less campaign levels is a huge draw back for me.

Honestly LBP story mode is just and always will be (it seems) an entertaining way to get a good head start on items and costumes. The real game starts with the community and its awesome/stupid/amazing/thought provoking/so bad its good, level creation antics.

This is pretty much how I feel too. The game has long gameplay legs compared to other games that you can complete and shelve.

It is a shame that they apparently don't use much of the new mechanics and such in the story though.

Edit: I haven't the reviews but if the story is drastically shorter than previous versions I'll be a little disappointed.

Top Bottom