• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Jeels

Anyone know when they will fix the popit framerate glitch? Apparently can't have more than 8 screenshots saved to your hard drive or it freezes up for a few seconds. Really not wanting to play this game until that is fixed.

A few seconds? Mine freezes for a few minutes...

fernoca

Disappointed that a week later there are still issues with the DLC.

Guess I'll be sending the email with the details they said (name, etc.) and see if that by next week it is solved.

It still asking me to pay again for some like Heavenly Sword, DC Universe (last 2 packs).

Others like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus just say unavailable with no options to download.

tch

I'm trying to animate a particle whizzing around in a confined space and bumping off surfaces it collides with. Any idea on how to do the logic for this? I'm trying to animate a simple molecule.

I got part of the way....I thought about using a couple of randomizers to trigger inputs for the advanced motion tweaker (so it moves left/right up/down) and to trigger inputs for the rotater. This makes sense because molecules move around randomly.

But I can't figure out how to get it to sense it's colliding with something and then to collide back in an opposite direction.

Also, what causes objects to just destroy themselves? I had a version of this molecule going very fast, and it crashed into its walls until it made the "break" noise and broke apart and disappeared.

Try the impact sensor. Hook that up to a randomizer and hook that up to a selector with all of your movers.

Anyone know when they will fix the popit framerate glitch? Apparently can't have more than 8 screenshots saved to your hard drive or it freezes up for a few seconds. Really not wanting to play this game until that is fixed.

8 screenshots specifically of LBP3?

I have a lot of screenshots but no problem with the game.

I'm trying to animate a particle whizzing around in a confined space and bumping off surfaces it collides with. Any idea on how to do the logic for this? I'm trying to animate a simple molecule.

I got part of the way....I thought about using a couple of randomizers to trigger inputs for the advanced motion tweaker (so it moves left/right up/down) and to trigger inputs for the rotater. This makes sense because molecules move around randomly.

But I can't figure out how to get it to sense it's colliding with something and then to collide back in an opposite direction.

Also, what causes objects to just destroy themselves? I had a version of this molecule going very fast, and it crashed into its walls until it made the "break" noise and broke apart and disappeared.

For sensing when it hits something, put an impact sensor on it with "include touching" checked yes, and set it to require a tag, then tag everything you want it to hit.

As for stuff breaking, put a material tweaker on whatever and set it to be indestructible in the tweak menu.

TheMink

For sensing when it hits something, put an impact sensor on it with "include touching" checked yes, and set it to require a tag, then tag everything you want it to hit.

As for stuff breaking, put a material tweaker on whatever and set it to be indestructible in the tweak menu.

Seconded.

Mailbox

Welp, i think i decided what the first 2 things i'm gonna make when i get lbp3 are!

First I'm gonna revive an Ace attorney Case level i was working on and update it w/ better character animations and a better (less laggy) dialogue system. I'm also gonna see if i can make use of the infinite levels (along with preloaders and memorizor) to limit lag as well as make it more expansive. Hopefully this time, things go smoothly (the reason i quit it was due to insufferable lag and framerate issues in create mode. Took like 2 sec. for my inputs to respond and then it would just chug)

Second will be a Visual novel/ dungeon crawler (like P3P).
This one might be a bit harder though. I'll have to figure out the infinite levels a bit more before attempting it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No, you need to play LBP1 on your PS3 online and your profile will see that you've done so. Then you can go back to your PS4 version of LBP3 and hit the import LBP1 stuff.

When you say on,one,no you mean I have to play a level with someone else, or just be connected to PSN and play eg one story level on my own? I'm going to get my launch PS3 from the attic to play this and and LBP2 so would like to do it as quickly as possible so I can pack it away again.

When you say on,one,no you mean I have to play a level with someone else, or just be connected to PSN and play eg one story level on my own? I'm going to get my launch PS3 from the attic to play this and and LBP2 so would like to do it as quickly as possible so I can pack it away again.

Sooo, as long as you're logged into PSN when you boot up the game, it should flag that you've played LBP1 to your profile. If you really want to make sure, just play a community level while you're there and you should be good to go.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sooo, as long as you're logged into PSN when you boot up the game, it should flag that you've played LBP1 to your profile. If you really want to make sure, just play a community level while you're there and you should be good to go.

I have a suggestion and I hope you at least consider it. For LBP3 and ALL the DLC:

Have a program running that checks the pins to determine how long someone has had the game/DLC. Once they've had it for 3 months, offer an 'Unlock All' option for the game or particular DLC. It's long enough to give people the incentive to try their hardest to unlock it the traditional way, but not too long that they lose heart and give up on ever getting that all important content.

Creation is at the heart of LBP and so the content should reflect this.

PaulloDEC

Ok, I'm dying to bust out my Kat (from Gravity Rush) costume, but the game isn't making it easy. I see it in the LBP Store, and it says I own it already (I do). I hit X and it takes me to a store page that says "No content was found". It doesn't show up in my popit.

Anyone have any ideas?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ok, I'm dying to bust out my Kat (from Gravity Rush) costume, but the game isn't making it easy. I see it in the LBP Store, and it says I own it already (I do). I hit X and it takes me to a store page that says "No content was found". It doesn't show up in my popit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Probably not up yet. They're still updating the DLC.

PaulloDEC

Probably not up yet. They're still updating the DLC.

Ah, ok. I just bought the Delsin costume with some spare change and got the same result. The transaction worked fine, but when I hit X to redeem the costume (or wear it, or whatever) I get the same "No content was found" screen.

I feel like maybe they shouldn't allow you to buy this stuff without letting you know it isn't available yet.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ah, ok. I just bought the Delsin costume with some spare change and got the same result. The transaction worked fine, but when I hit X to redeem the costume (or wear it, or whatever) I get the same "No content was found" screen.

I feel like maybe they shouldn't allow you to buy this stuff without letting you know it isn't available yet.

Have you been able to get any DLC at all?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Weird, got the EU version today and imported LBP1/2 stuff

got Drake and some other old costumes, but i dont have my shark or Street Fighter char costumes they also arent listed on psn anymore. (Ryu/ChunLi/Guile/Zangief)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The functionality to import content from LBP 1 and 2 (from the options menu) seemed to work, but in terms of things from the store, no. The only two paid items I currently own are the Kat and Delsin costumes.

Mmmm ... Perhaps the European store is still being updated then because I've seen playthroughs of DLC packs on Twitch from America.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Another request, Donkey:

Please add in a Time/Date chip that takes the date from your PS4/PS3 and adds it to the game. You could then change things in the level for the season or lighting or special occasions like Christmas. You could even make a calendar.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a suggestion and I hope you at least consider it. For LBP3 and ALL the DLC:

Have a program running that checks the pins to determine how long someone has had the game/DLC. Once they've had it for 3 months, offer an 'Unlock All' option for the game or particular DLC. It's long enough to give people the incentive to try their hardest to unlock it the traditional way, but not too long that they lose heart and give up on ever getting that all important content.

Creation is at the heart of LBP and so the content should reflect this.

sounds great to me.

Euh so I just started the game and maybe its my internet connection but the loading are Craaaaaaaaazy. I waited 2 full minutes for a community level to load. And when I exit it, it just loaded indefinitely. I'm writing this while waiting for it to load. Is this my internet connection or a bug? Very disappointed so far. I'll play some adventure levels but if it's still like this, I'm gonna have to ask for reimbursement. This makes me so sad. I was really looking forward to it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Euh so I just started the game and maybe its my internet connection but the loading are Craaaaaaaaazy. I waited 2 full minutes for a community level to load. And when I exit it, it just loaded indefinitely. I'm writing this while waiting for it to load. Is this my internet connection or a bug? Very disappointed so far. I'll play some adventure levels but if it's still like this, I'm gonna have to ask for reimbursement. This makes me so sad. I was really looking forward to it.

Could be the level.

JohngPR

A few seconds? Mine freezes for a few minutes...

I know how you feel. I'm big into taking screenshots and just putting them on a thumbdrive (with no way to put them back on my PS4 later) isn't going to work for me. I'm really disappointed that I preordered the game and have yet to really be able to play it. :(

Those are some nice ideas Gribble. We appreciate the feedback and we can definitely look into it. ^^

That's weird. Like Gribble said, it could be the level but loading times for community levels seem pretty quick on the PS4 version. Which one do you have out of curiosity?

And on another note, here's a teaser trailer for acdramon's Silent Hill full level in LBP3 (he did Project Hill in the beta): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIO1jFBKAok

Something really needs to be done about the way we browse for levels. I like the new netflix-ish style but there's no way to filter anything when using it, so all you see are the same LBP1/2 levels that are always at the top spots and will never ever change. The only way to filter is by clicking on the section title to bring up the LBP2 way of searching and filtering... only you're met with nearly endless loading of the creator's planets and if you browse quickly, it puts a giant "loading" display right over the levels you're trying to browse. Not everyone has gigabit internet. >:[

The whole interface needs to be redesigned so the planets aren't loaded until you select "Visit Planet." Even selecting a level, playing it, and returning after completion should not load the creator's planet at all; I'm interested in the level, I couldn't give two shits what someone's ugly-ass planet looks like. That's why I did 90% of my browsing in LBP2 through the Recent Activity stream, but that's been plagued with planets now, too.

J Range

Something really needs to be done about the way we browse for levels. I like the new netflix-ish style but there's no way to filter anything when using it, so all you see are the same LBP1/2 levels that are always at the top spots and will never ever change. The only way to filter is by clicking on the section title to bring up the LBP2 way of searching and filtering... only you're met with nearly endless loading of the creator's planets and if you browse quickly, it puts a giant "loading" display right over the levels you're trying to browse. Not everyone has gigabit internet. >:[

The whole interface needs to be redesigned so the planets aren't loaded until you select "Visit Planet." Even selecting a level, playing it, and returning after completion should not load the creator's planet at all; I'm interested in the level, I couldn't give two shits what someone's ugly-ass planet looks like. That's why I did 90% of my browsing in LBP2 through the Recent Activity stream, but that's been plagued with planets now, too.

Press the right stick to bring up filters, go to bottom and undo the lbp and lbp2 levels.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Filter out LBP1/LBP2/LBPMove and that leaves you with just LBP3 user created content.

edit: beaten.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Those are some nice ideas Gribble. We appreciate the feedback and we can definitely look into it. ^^

That's weird. Like Gribble said, it could be the level but loading times for community levels seem pretty quick on the PS4 version. Which one do you have out of curiosity?

And on another note, here's a teaser trailer for acdramon's Silent Hill full level in LBP3 (he did Project Hill in the beta): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIO1jFBKAok

That trailer is just incredible.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Thanks, and I'm going to ask for one very minor thing: Could you also put a sound On/Off switch for all items with built in sound effects like the magic mouth or checkpoints. Add in an output and we can then customise the 'feeling' of the sound to match our levels.

Press the right stick to bring up filters, go to bottom and undo the lbp and lbp2 levels.

Filter out LBP1/LBP2/LBPMove and that leaves you with just LBP3 user created content.

edit: beaten.

As I said, that doesn't work on the new interface -- at least, it doesn't for me. I have to select a category title such as "Newest Levels" and go into the LBP2-style planet listings that take way too long to load to be able to filter.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
As I said, that doesn't work on the new interface -- at least, it doesn't for me. I have to select a category title such as "Newest Levels" and go into the LBP2-style planet listings that take way too long to load to be able to filter.

Mmm ... I just went into Newest levels, hit filter, left only LBP3 and the list was just there. No waiting at all. That was in the beta though. It didn't load anything in, it removed what I didn't want instantaniously.

Mmm ... I just went into Newest levels, hit filter, left only LBP3 and the list was just there. No waiting at all. That was in the beta though. It didn't load anything in, it removed what I didn't want instantaniously.

This was my experience as well with my retail copy, but I'm on PS4. I don't know if it's different on PS3.

Deadstar

Disappointed that a week later there are still issues with the DLC.

Guess I'll be sending the email with the details they said (name, etc.) and see if that by next week it is solved.

It still asking me to pay again for some like Heavenly Sword, DC Universe (last 2 packs).

Others like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus just say unavailable with no options to download.

This might be a general question but how do you download any of the dlc? Can you do it in game? I added everything to the cart that said it was free in the LBP3 store but it didn't seem to download automatically? I'm not sure how to get this stuff downloaded. I already imported all LBP1 and LBP2 dlc in.

I had a bug last night during the last level where switching to the small version of toggle would make him invisible. I died and when I restarted the level it was working properly. I was disappointed world 3 was so short. I would have loved 5 marbles per world at least but oh well maybe we get dlc?

Also the jump boots are awesome.

To be clear, I'm talking about the new interface, the first thing you see after selecting community. I like that interface, no planets and it loads quickly -- but there's no way to filter in that interface, so all you see in Highest Rated/Busiest/Most Hearted are the same levels that have always been in those spots since LBP2.

To filter and find LBP3 stuff, I have to select a category title such as "Newest Levels" and it only filters inside that area, with the crappy planets. Yes, the stuff I don't want disappears instantly but scrolling through the levels brings up loading, loading, loading, loading, loading because of the planets. I do not like that and wish it death.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
To be clear, I'm talking about the new interface, the first thing you see after selecting community. I like that interface, no planets and it loads quickly -- but there's no way to filter in that interface, so all you see in Highest Rated/Busiest/Most Hearted are the same levels that have always been in those spots since LBP2.

To filter and find LBP3 stuff, I have to select a category title such as "Newest Levels" and it only filters inside that area, with the crappy planets. Yes, the stuff I don't want disappears instantly but scrolling through the levels brings up loading, loading, loading, loading, loading because of the planets. I do not like that and wish it death.

So basically you just don't like the fact it loads the creators earth in? You'd rather it was just a list with the creators and level? I can go with that but for a slightly different reason: Sometimes the text is difficult to read because the creator's earth matches the text too much.

So basically you just don't like the fact it loads the creators earth in? You'd rather it was just a list with the creators and level? I can go with that but for a slightly different reason: Sometimes the text is difficult to read because the creator's earth matches the text too much.

Yes. The planets do nothing but get in the way, they tell me nothing of the level I wish to play and only hinder my ability to find levels quickly.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yes. The planets do nothing but get in the way, they tell me nothing of the level I wish to play and only hinder my ability to find levels quickly.

Perhaps you should put that to one of the devs if they happen along. Perhaps an option in settings: 'show user's planet in search' would be the easiest way of turning it off/on. I actually like this idea and now agree with you.

J-Spot

Is there something to the various paintings with shapes cut out of them? They don't seem to be sticker triggers and I can't imagine they're just there for decoration.

Top Bottom