• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting |OT| Start Your Cerebral Engines

RagnarokX

I had no idea this game was about to come out, then again, releasing it in the same week as Halo was probably not the brightest idea... Not that I'm interested in Halo but I was just pointing out how poor the advertising for this game has been I think.

It's also election day.

User creations are going to be awesome.

My track from the beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj3zkzjR2c
Every lap parts of the track crumble away and fall into the lava.

I don't like the overly crafty look, it creates an artistic bottleneck. The game should still retain the craft look for people that want to make levels that look like they were made out of stuff pulled out of a waste bin, but people that want to make more realistic worlds or their own artstyle shouldn't be left out. If you want a level to look like it was made out of cardboard, it's still more than possible. It's harder to not make it look like cardboard.

That track looks great, congrats. I think I liked the visual design of MNR a lot more though.

What for you is a bottleneck I think it's a constrain that helps a more cohesive, unique look. After all, art is all about doing amazing things with the constrains imposed to you (IMHO).

I'm like the only MNR fan hyped for this. Most of the MNR community is acting like this is a betrayal and a horrible regression from MNR.

Wow, who would have though. That's a very specific niche to be a fanboy. Same console, same developer, same genre, same features. Different mechanics and pasted on theme.

fernoca

I'm like the only MNR fan hyped for this. Most of the MNR community is acting like this is a betrayal and a horrible regression from MNR.
I loved ModNation (had it on PS3 back then, have it difgital on PSP and have the Vita-retail version which I like too).

I'm getting this on Friday (no money right now :p). Heck, like with All Stars avoided the beta on purpose, so that everything "feels new". :p

Takao

Banned
No Vita version - WTF?

After how poorly Modnation Racers: Road Trip turned out I'd rather they don't announce a Vita version until they're sure they can get it done right. Vita version needs a stable frame rate, and online multiplayer both were missing in Modnation Vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really want the Kevin Butler cart, but I'm not buying it day one. The first LBP I'm not doing it for. I need to see the receipts loading times before I do. Mod Nation had some horrible load times that killed the enjoyment of the game for me.

RagnarokX

and Mod nation racer. I bought that game at launch, and I still have yet to play a single online match because of the netcode.

Huh? I played Modnation Racers online almost every day for like 2 years. It sounds like you just have bad internet...

I really want the Kevin Butler cart, but I'm not buying it day one. The first LBP I'm not doing it for. I need to see the receipts loading times before I do. Mod Nation had some horrible load times that killed the enjoyment of the game for me.

I'd say the Headstart Pack is more worthwhile. Unlocks all of the create stuff.

The load times aren't comparable to MNR; completely different system. It uses LBP's system of downloading levels every time you play them, and from the Beta the levels were loading as fast or faster than LBP2. If you didn't have a problem with LBP2, you shouldn't here. The only REALLY bad load time in MNR was starting the game; that wasn't an issue in the beta (loads to the pod as fast as LBP2).

Gadirok

I can understand why. The only flaw of MNR was the loading times, but the community remains vibrant since you can put in your own characters and create your world the way you want.

Putting a LBP theme over it is really unnecessary. It now limits your ability to have costumes (since you gotta pay for them) and nobody knows how its going to do.

Honestly speaking, this should have been a vita exclusive. It would have found a new fanbase, and I'm pretty sure the MNR would have been more willing to accept it than ignore it.

Huh? I played Modnation Racers online almost every day for like 2 years. It sounds like you just have bad internet...

I play every other online games on the system with no problem. It's just games by United front games I have problem playing online. I'm not gonna risk paying full price on this game only to be disappointed.

Gadirok

I play every other online games on the system fine. It's just games by United front games I have problem playing online.

Sleeping Dogs has been working fine for me (though there really is no online to it). I can use the store and compare high scores with ease and no delay.

Takao

Banned
Not sure where to put this but just saw this on CAG. A $200 bundle for Super slim on Black Friday sounds like a great deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329956

NmbXA.jpg

and Mod nation racer. I bought that game at launch, and I still have yet to play a single online match because of the netcode.

By the time I stopped playing Modnation Racers I had nearly 1,500 online races under my belt, and I had no real issues with the netcode. Lag was never really a problem.

I put hundreds of hours into MNR (mostly racing, didn't create much) -- I fucking loved that game. Interestingly enough, I have no interest in LBP Karting.

RagnarokX

Well, I just returned from being the only person at the Halo 4 midnight release picking up this game and not Halo 4. There must have been about 200 people there; crazy. Time to play some LBPK :D

daoster

Well, I just returned from being the only person at the Halo 4 midnight release picking up this game and not Halo 4. There must have been about 200 people there; crazy. Time to play some LBPK :D

:(

Sony couldn't even bother to move this series back a couple of weeks to not get crushed by the juggernauts being released this week and next...

Let us know how the game is...hopefully it'll do somewhat well and have a decent user base...the beta was depressingly empty.

RagnarokX

Oh cool, if you have played an LBP game before, you get a unicorn costume and balloon kart. Costume reminds me of robot unicorn attack.

ttocs

I'm shocked there are no reviews for this yet. Besides the few people who said they played this at Eurogamer, has anyone gotten their hands on a release copy and have any impressions?

nofi

My thoughts here - edit beaten.

Sadly I couldn't get the damned online to work, which is why it doesn't have a score at the bottom. I think 5 is perhaps a bit too low, but that's up to IGN of course.

I preferred MNR...

Hanmik

My thoughts here - edit beaten.

Sadly I couldn't get the damned online to work, which is why it doesn't have a score at the bottom. I think 5 is perhaps a bit too low, but that's up to IGN of course.

I preferred MNR...

sorry for beating you again.. it´s your news.. sorry..

btkadams

i really enjoyed the beta, so i was assuming this was sure to be a hit. i'm now feeling a bit uneasy about having preordered the game on psn.

ttocs

If Halo wasn't coming out today, I'd buy it just to have a new game to play. I think I'll wait a bit and see what the overall consensus is before picking it up. I always thought it was a great idea and I'm a little bummed out the initial reactions aren't very positive.

Top Bottom