• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Takao

Banned
9FzIB.png

2VgkY.png

• A brand new single player campaign that'll see you and your Sackboy travel through the mysterious world of Carnivalia in over 40 levels.
  • Tweaked physics engine so that Sackboy doesn't jump like he's on the moon, though it still has the signature LBP flair.
  • Includes all of the features from both LittleBigPlanet, and LittleBigPlanet 2.
  • Play with up to 4 friends via WiFi for co-operative fun.
  • Import costumes purchased from LittleBigPlanet, and LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3 to Vita for free. Note: PS3 levels cannot be transfered to Vita, and vice versa.
  • Use the Vita's various inputs to play, and create like never before!
  • Import objects into your stage by using the Vita's cameras.
  • 3G connectivity allows you to browse, download and publish your own games wherever you are.
  • Memorizer is a new gadget that allows you to have save states in user made levels.
  • Create Mode features a whole load of new materials, tools, gameplay kits and more.
  • Share your creations to the world, and find the best the community has to offer with LBP.me.

For a more in depth look at the feature set of LittleBigPlanet PSVita, check out the LBP Wiki entry.

Metacritic
- 88/100 after 25 reviews

CVG - 9.2/10

Simply, the best LBP on any format. Combines smart design with Vita’s controls, and adds incredible online functionality to make it the first essential Vita game.

Edge - 9/10

Semi-regular iterations were never going to make a game as singular as LittleBigPlanet feel like part of the cyclical release grind, then, but there’s still something rather surprising about how thoughtful and vivid this latest instalment is. If you’ve been writing the series’ Vita appearance off as a compromise or a contractual obligation, you’re in for something of a treat. That 5 inch OLED screen is a chance to see Media Molecule’s staggering achievement afresh, and to witness one of this generation’s most intriguing engines of creativity at its most energetic and effective.

IGN -9/10

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is the definitive LittleBigPlanet game. It's everything you loved (or possibly didn't) from the past games boiled down into a package you can play anywhere at any time.

Polygon - 9/10

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best thing on the Vita to date, a perfect fit formed between the hardware and the franchise. But it doesn't just succeed on a conceptual level; it's polished, addictive, and precious. In every imaginable way, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a knockout.

KYZ8S.png

qRd2L.png

Preordering LittleBigPlanet PSVita from participating retailers will net you the Bioshock and Knights of Old costume packs:
pOcmD.png
jjZCD.png

Still not convinced? A demo will be released on the PlayStation Store alongside the full game.

Takao

Banned
Oh, I just realized I used the wrong title for the updated banner. That's a shame because I didn't save the psd ...

I really hope I'll find one today. Seems there is a lot of stores who are already selling the game here in EU.

This is, like Loco Roco was for the PSP, my personal system seller :p

Cornbread78

Saweeet.... Awesome OT.

My daughter absolutely loves the game and I'm not allowed to touch it until she completely finishes it.

pantsmith

Playing it now and loving it. For anyone turned off by LBP2, which I felt (somewhat), it feels and plays like a mix of LBP 1 and 2, leaning toward the former. The aesthetics are also incredibly focused and charming here, too.

Mario007

Is there no bundle in America? For fuck's sake SCEA, why don't you just admit that you couldn't give a shit about Vita.

Whaaaaaaat. Preorder costumes? I don't think I got those from Newegg! Dammit $10 savings!

Is there no bundle in America? For fuck's sake SCEA, why don't you just admit that you couldn't give a shit about Vita.

Because that would get them fired and they want to hold on to their jobs that pay them regardless of what they do :3

Mondriaan

I know I said that I would get the digital version, but I'm getting my two week head start and probably getting the digital version later.

Acing the final boss in this game felt more difficult than acing the final boss in LBP1 or LBP2, but there definitely wasn't any level that felt like that round, spinning level of doom in the first game. Overall, the game feels really polished, although I do somewhat miss the ridiculous jankiness of the old games because there was a real charm to it.

The minigame collection is pretty amazing and it looks like it might take longer to beat them than to beat the story levels.

Takao

Banned

SCEE's doing Vita bundles for everything. LBP, PlayStation All-Stars, Need for Speed, FIFA, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Assassin's Creed, and CoD are all getting Vita bundles in Europe. North America? Just CoD and AC.

As for the Asian bundle, here's the bundle exclusive stuff it comes with:

Syi8r.jpg
jcLMd.jpg
w632E.jpg

Good stuff Takao, well done. Will be getting my copy this Friday hopefully. The way everyone has been going on about it, I know I'm in for a treat. Loved the first two.

blackflag

How is the platforming compared to LBP1? Less floaty? I need a platformer for my Vita but I didn't really like LBP1 and didn't try the 2nd one.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How big is the DL?

Kudos to Tarsier for making a hell of a game. Hope you guys get to continue working on City of Metronome next!
for PS Vita :p

VanWinkle

Concerning the last boss...

I hate it. I keep getting to the second section after the level link and then die, and then you have to restart the whole thing. Argh!

Mondriaan

Concerning the last boss...

I hate it. I keep getting to the second section after the level link and then die, and then you have to restart the whole thing. Argh!
Yes, I agree.

You can skip the movie that begins that level to (possibly) save several seconds during retries.

magawolaz

Probably already asked in other threads, but... if I buy it from the Store, will I get any preorder DLC?
ala Gravity Rush

Top Bottom