• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Skyzard

Banned
Made another 4 attempts to play online and fail. Community levels work solo. Just won't allow me to play with other people. I'm not messing with my router settings for one game.

Devs, please take note. I can post pictures later

Edit: i'm in NA.

Did you try opening the ports I mentioned in the previous page?

Amazon have sent my copy of the game, and I did notice the 28th altered date.

They must have ordered very little stock. Either that, or Sony hasn't printed a whole lot of copies.

Yea I posted and saw that other people had received their pre orders, I don't normally order off Amazon, can't say they've made a good impression with this order.

This is the first time I've seen this happen with a game launch on Amazon.

They've been slow sending my copy too - they only sent it today, and normally games are on their way before release day.

Kurod

Banned
Well, I got my Amazon copy. There was a preorder voucher inside to get the bioshock and knights costume but that only seems to give me my online pass. Amazon also emailed me another one but that only gives me the Bioshock costumes. Poop. I wanted to rock out as a knight :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I beat the single player today on the bus home from work. Was pretty awesome.

Now I'll try my hand at level creation. I only made one level in LBP1. Had fun with it, but just didn't have the time to really devote to making something crazy.

The levels in this game's single player are easily some of the best I've played in the series. Just amazingly designed stuff. It's intimidating and inspiring at the same time. I'll probably dive into some community levels also. I've only played a handful, but there are already so many. lol.

I beat the single player today on the bus home from work. Was pretty awesome.

Now I'll try my hand at level creation. I only made one level in LBP1. Had fun with it, but just didn't have the time to really devote to making something crazy.

The levels in this game's single player are easily some of the best I've played in the series. Just amazingly designed stuff. It's intimidating and inspiring at the same time. I'll probably dive into some community levels also. I've only played a handful, but there are already so many. lol.

Im pretty psyched to make my own level, I guess the best thing we could do is to start simple. A very basic platformer, and then trying things out with puzzles and enemies later. I have all these ideas, but Ill need to thing of them in 2D and plan it out. I may actually draw it out first on a piece of paper.

Skyzard

Banned
More of this in your levels guys

lbpv-For-InternetLoop_zps8ddb7450.gif

From that Underground Spacestation map I mentioned (creators name is Materialboy)

More of this in your levels guys

lbpv-For-InternetLoop_zps8ddb7450.gif

From that Underground Spacestation map I mentioned (creators name is Materialboy)

Ill have a play at it. Im trying to get ideas and inpirations. I really wanna do a cyberpunk Blade Runner inspired level with lots of neon. Have some platforming ideas already.

Jawmuncher

Finally got me preorder code from Amazon.
Also they gave me a 5 dollar credit because the game shipped earlier than expected since they cancelled the street date.

mandiller

I just played the level from the second chapter where you control the flying UFO around the level with the back touch screen. This is awesome, so many gameplay possibilities. I've still yet to check out the community made levels but this game is already great.

I've got one question though. Why does the game lose a few lines of pixels at the top and bottom of the screen? The top and bottom of the screens are little black bars.

orioto

Good Art™
So i tried to do the tutorials to make a level then i saw the whole list...
Hm, i may need 3 years of study to be able to do something worthy.. I think i may pass..

Jawmuncher

This makes no sense to me.

I know it doesnt makes sense to me either.
I just got the email and this is what it said

We're contacting you about order #for "LittleBigPlanet." We recently learned from the manufacturer that the game is eligible to ship prior to the official release date of September 25, 2012. You should receive the game no later than Friday, September 21.

We have applied a $5 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account for the change in delivery date and to thank you for ordering the game from Amazon.com. This amount will be applied to your next order automatically.

I never even asked for it.
But 5 bucks for getting something early is a win win

Thoraxes

About the online pass/preorder costumes:

-The insert included in all copies is for the online pass, same as all first party Sony games with online multiplayer. The sheet mentions the preorder costumes; but it was a mistake.

-The preorder costumes are separate. Gamestop gives the codes printed on your receipt (is automatic if you preorder so you can't beg for one if you didn't preorder). Amazon sends the code 1-2 days after shipping the game...and so on.

In other words: the insert included is for the online pass only. I just redeemed both codes through the SEN site. :)

Wow, pretty shitty. I was spending all this time trying to figure out where all the stuff was, but now I don't need to waste my time because it doesn't exist despite the packaged material telling me it was :/

mclem

Well, that's confusing. I've had one of those apology mails about a refund and removing the failed game from my account... the only thing is, the game worked for me. Wonder if they'll do all that *anyway*, or if I simply got an email I shouldn't and they won't actually do the refund & replace.

RpgN

LBP Vita is really REALLy awesome. The second world started really well, the first arcade game was enjoyable. All the mini games have been good so far. I really didn't expect it to be this polished and good. It needs to be purchased on every Vita in this planet.

That is all.

billsmugs

Is there no way to view another creator's hearted levels? That was the best way to find awesome stuff in the PS3 games, just find a good creator then play their levels and hearted levels, then their hearted creators hearted levels and so on.

Carl

Really loving this game. Fantastic work, Tarsier, Double Eleven, Sumo, and whoever else was involved with this game. Probably my favourite LittleBigPlanet game of the series.

depward

Finished my initial story mode run this morning. The campaign was my favorite one out of all LBP games I've played. If I were to rank them:

LBP Vita > LBP PSP > LBP1 > LBP2

Great visuals, ran great, good music... Really well done. Everything touch-based worked well, too.

Can't wait to dive to dive into some Community levels and see how they mature and evolve in the coming months.

LBP Vita is really REALLy awesome. The second world started really well, the first arcade game was enjoyable. All the mini games have been good so far. I really didn't expect it to be this polished and good. It needs to be purchased on every Vita in this planet.

That is all.

Shouldn't be too much of a feat for it to be purchased 50 times or so.

RpgN

Shouldn't be too much of a feat for it to be purchased 50 times or so.

XD That's true.

This game needs to be pushed though. It's the perfect showcase for new vita owners. The game might be a slow burner and become a big success eventually. I feel more confidant in thinking this is the game to buy for everyone, a game that is solid and shows what the vita is all about.

Really loving this game. Fantastic work, Tarsier, Double Eleven, Sumo, and whoever else was involved with this game. Probably my favourite LittleBigPlanet game of the series.

Pc1kU.gif

On the real though, Tarsier did a fantastic job putting it all together. It was really good working with them and their vision for the game worked just great.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Bloody fantastic game. The touch based gameplay really added a lot to the lbp universe, and dare I say the back touch was actually used really well? Just waiting for more user levels now, can't wait to see what brilliant stuff people come up with.

Noi

Bloody fantastic game. The touch based gameplay really added a lot to the lbp universe, and dare I say the back touch was actually used really well? Just waiting for more user levels now, can't wait to see what brilliant stuff people come up with.

I'm not entirely a fan of it's implementation in this game, but more games need to have the bloody cursor LBP Vita shows you when pressing the rear touchpad instead of having me blindly guess where I'm touching.

daoster

So anybody playing the US version know how to get your old costume from LBP1 and 2? I just played with somebody from the UK version, and it seemed like he had the old costumes, but I can't find it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I downloaded the Online Pass but I'm still not able to get online? Anyone know the issue?

inter

I'm not entirely a fan of it's implementation in this game, but more games need to have the bloody cursor LBP Vita shows you when pressing the rear touchpad instead of having me blindly guess where I'm touching.

Completely agree.

Mondriaan

Has anyone made a working cutscene level yet?

Nothing I do seems to allow the level to finish. Time limits have no effect, the trophy device being activated does nothing, and there is a scoreboard on the level so it's not like there isn't somewhere to go when the level ends.

Carl

Completely agree in regard to back touch. Some really great use of it here. Can't wait to see what imaginative stuff the community comes up with (if anything).

TripOpt55

Just finished story mode. It was really well done. A couple of the bosses were really great too. Going to jump into the other modes soon.

Just swung by the mall this evening and got myself a copy of LBPV. It's my first Little Big Planet game. Creating custom levels looks like it'll take a while to figure out, but I got nothin' better to do so..super excited to jump in! :]

Skyzard

Banned
I think it would be a good idea to get one set up.

Also, the Double 11 pin award was quite funny...if I'm understanding it right ;)

Top Bottom