• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

SmithnCo

Got mine today. A little earlier than I thought.

If you entered the online pass code, do you eventually get the Big Daddy, etc. costumes? I only finished the first level so far.

Grinchy

Banned
many perceive that game to be a low point for the series.

I feel like LBP2 was better than LBP1 in every way except maybe the feeling of a cohesive story (which wasn't important to me at all anyway). I guess I don't fault anyone for disagreeing though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Been trying to join an onlin game since Tuesday and each and every single attempt has failed. Utterly ridiculous.

many perceive that game to be a low point for the series.
What?! LBP2 was much better than 1. Shouldn't even be an argument. I got my copy and installed it. Game looks so damn nice.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So I can redeem costumes yet? I need me a couple more LBP Vita friends if you want to try and add me on PSN look at my profile. Let me know you're GAF.

Vee_One

I have only played Little Big Planet on PSP. The platforming seemed ok but wasn't too exciting.

Am I likely to enjoy this?

Sorc3r3r

When the purchase will be unlocked for the broken version downloaders?

Here in italy still no buttons displayed.
I want to go digital with lbp, let me do it....

Louis

Does anybody from the dev team know how long it will take to fix the broken version ? I just called Sony Netherlands, and the didnt have an answer. I want the digital version, but if i must wait a couple of days i'd rather buy the retail version.

Sony also said that the are going to refund the game right before the game is coming back on PSN, but the didnt know when. Really shitty service, I want my money right now, and not on a date they dont even know.

spats

This game is blowing me away. Beta felt great, but they really managed to wrap this up into a nice package.

Jawmuncher

Glad to see that Amazon is shipping the game out now.
Just got my email....But I didn't get my preorder code did anyone else?

I'm sorry if this has been asked time and time again, but is there any way to transfer my costumes from LBP and LBP2 to this game? I'm not talking about purchased ones, just ones I've made from the game's own selection of materials. I've got this zombie pirate garb that I've used since the first game and it's got... sentimental value. By this point it's kinda like tradition that my sackboy wear it.

Sorc3r3r

Hi guys,

A number of users have been experiencing issues with the download of Little Big Planet on the Vita:

1) If you have purchased the game early when it came on the store and are experiencing an error during the start of the game, we are in the process of automatically refunding those affected. The money will be back in the wallet and will then allow you to buy the correct and updated version of the game.

2) If you have purchased the game and are having an issue where the online (Network Pass) is not there, this has been fixed. You will be able to download the Network Pass from the store free of charge.

3) If you purchase the game from the store currently, there will be no issues as the game is fully updated and will work as intended.

If you have any queries, let me know.

Rabid

Official word found here

stupid_dad

Neo Member
Downloaded from store all fine,this is the best version of lbp by a mile and touch controls don't feel forced at all.

Love it

orioto

Good Art™
I've been playing the tree first world and some mini games. As an usual lbp hater i must say i'm pretty ok with the game, essentially because the solo experience has some good level design and the controls well.. you accept them, especially when the moods are so nice, with great music and i don't know, some kind sonic vibes in the settings, for the second and third world :p

That and the mini games are really nice.

Now, it's full of small broken things for me, like the visual ergonomics, the way collisions are so vague...

And if some touch controls feel fun, some other actually does feel forced and uncomfortable. Mainly the rear pad thing (mah god Sony, why, why...). The worse is that they use it sometime just to offer you a forced choice in your actions (the blocks you have to push or bump), some other time just for the sake of it (the flying level is horrible to me, and would be so much better with a stick..), BUT they don't use it when it would actually make sense? For exemple the tetris kinda game (which is really great), where you oftenly hide the place where you have to delicately drop the piece, or the missiles you have to control for the same reasons...

Also there are broken games. The puzzle bobble thing could be nice but the physics is broken and sometime the flower goes just wrong.

But other than that, really good solo game. I'm looking forward to the editor even if i'm afraid it's hard to do something real good and customized.

RpgN

I finally had the chance to DL the game from the UK store with no problems whatsoever. Sometimes it pays to wait a bit incase problems arise, that seems to happen often with PSN :/

So far, I quit like it. I finished 6 of the 9 levels on the first world. The story and characters are already miles ahead of LBP1 (haven't played 2 or PSP yet). The first game was very charming and fresh, but the story was mostly text and it was boring. There was hardly any story really. This one is more charming thanks to the first character and the carnival theme is a very good one. Also, the music seems to be better too. Touch screen works and the two mini-games have been very fun so far. It really seems like a solid game and it could easily be better than the first LBP at least. Also, the controls feel a bit more responsive which really enhances the game. It's minor but it's noticable and enough to improve the experience. I'm going to play more in a bit.

It has been a long time since I played LBP, but what do you have to do to ace a level? I forgot and I already collected everything in the first training level.

Sintoid

I finally had the chance to DL the game from the UK store with no problems whatsoever. Sometimes it pays to wait a bit incase problems arise, that seems to happen often with PSN :/

So far, I quit like it. I finished 6 of the 9 levels on the first world. The story and characters are already miles ahead of LBP1 (haven't played 2 or PSP yet). The first game was very charming and fresh, but the story was mostly text and it was boring. There was hardly any story really. This one is more charming thanks to the first character and the carnival theme is a very good one. Also, the music seems to be better too. Touch screen works and the two mini-games have been very fun so far. It really seems like a solid game and it could easily be better than the first LBP at least. Also, the controls feel a bit more responsive which really enhances the game. It's minor but it's noticable and enough to improve the experience. I'm going to play more in a bit.

It has been a long time since I played LBP, but what do you have to do to ace a level? I forgot and I already collected everything in the first training level.

You have complete the level without dying

I've been playing the tree first world and some mini games. As an usual lbp hater i must say i'm pretty ok with the game, essentially because the solo experience has some good level design and the controls well.. you accept them, especially when the moods are so nice, with great music and i don't know, some kind sonic vibes in the settings, for the second and third world :p

That and the mini games are really nice.

Now, it's full of small broken things for me, like the visual ergonomics, the way collisions are so vague...

And if some touch controls feel fun, some other actually does feel forced and uncomfortable. Mainly the rear pad thing (mah god Sony, why, why...). The worse is that they use it sometime just to offer you a forced choice in your actions (the blocks you have to push or bump), some other time just for the sake of it (the flying level is horrible to me, and would be so much better with a stick..), BUT they don't use it when it would actually make sense? For exemple the tetris kinda game (which is really great), where you oftenly hide the place where you have to delicately drop the piece, or the missiles you have to control for the same reasons...

Also there are broken games. The puzzle bobble thing could be nice but the physics is broken and sometime the flower goes just wrong.

But other than that, really good solo game. I'm looking forward to the editor even if i'm afraid it's hard to do something real good and customized.

Don't you like online multiplayer ?

magawolaz

To ace a level you have to finish it without dying.
There are some levels (minigames) that only end with your death, so those don't count.

Anyway, I LOVED LBP but didn't like LBP2 that much. Great game for sure, but I enjoyed most the pace of the first one. I felt the same with PSP's LocoRoco 1/2

That said, this LBP Vita is awesome so far.

leng jai

This game is absolutely gorgeous on Vita and plays like a dream. Definitely the most impressive game so far for me. The rear touch controls are just annoying though unfortunately.

yeah I found the rear touch portion a bit annoying as well.

Does anyone know how to get that bonus item mentioned in the LBP vita in game news?

GruntosUK

Its really pleasing to hear people (finally!) enjoying the game, and especially praising the level design ;)

Once you all start making levels, make sure you post them and I'll play all of them that come my way, and help out in create related questions as much as I can to :)

Ken

Almost bought the game at Gamestop today but I was hesitant buying a third Little Big Planet game so I ended up not grabbing it. Don't know why but just processing that thought was weird.

mclem

As other people have said, complete the level without dying. However, it's worth mentioning that the first training level is a special case, because it includes the tutorial for suiciding. There is a way around that, but you may not be able to do it yet.

Cryptic hint:
To ace the level, you must ace the level

RpgN

Thanks everyone. This should be a fun challenge to do once you come back to those levels :)

Bollocks

Man, I'm torn between this and Borderlands 2.
I could pick up both but besides being a hefty investment I only have time for 1.

mclem

Thanks everyone. This should be a fun challenge to do once you come back to those levels :)

I do hope there's something of the level of Wheel of Death in LBP1 in there. That was *brutal* to ace, but so rewarding to pull it off (and so hilariously painful the time I died on the VERY FINAL ENEMY!)

I'd love to see numbers for how many aced that one. I don't think it's that many.

I'm sorry if this has been asked time and time again, but is there any way to transfer my costumes from LBP and LBP2 to this game? I'm not talking about purchased ones, just ones I've made from the game's own selection of materials. I've got this zombie pirate garb that I've used since the first game and it's got... sentimental value. By this point it's kinda like tradition that my sackboy wear it.

Sooooo... that's a no then?

I played the first few levels, the game is fantastic so far. Brilliant level design, the touch screen is well used (the rear touch can be annoying though)The only thing I would complain about is the sub native resolution, but the game looks gorgeous so it's not an issue. I hope that the community will make greeat levels, it's a shame that they couldn't make all the old LBP1&2 playable on this, because when it comes to the engine, it looks pretty similar to the PS3. I actually can't really tell the difference.

Top Bottom