• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

I'm sorry if this has been asked time and time again, but is there any way to transfer my costumes from LBP and LBP2 to this game? I'm not talking about purchased ones, just ones I've made from the game's own selection of materials. I've got this zombie pirate garb that I've used since the first game and it's got... sentimental value. By this point it's kinda like tradition that my sackboy wear it.

Are you asking about a saved costume from LBP1/LBP2 that you edited yourself using non-DLC costume items?

leng jai

The sub resolution is a bit disappointing but it's better in relation to the other games because it seems to have minimal jaggies. The Instagram filter seems to hide it slightly as well. At the end of the day they did a very good job with the graphics.

It's sad that most of the Vita's flagship Vita titles (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, LBP) are not running at the native resolution when presumably the screen is a huge selling point.

orioto

Good Art™
haaa shit, a full gyro level.. my worst nightmare. What has Nintendo and Apple done to videogames :( I hope there aren't too much of those "alternative control" levels like giro or rear pad control cause it would pretty much kill the game for me.

Also there is something really wrong. Touching the rear pad stop the front touch to work, so you miss many things by touching unintentionally the rear one..

SmithnCo

haaa shit, a full gyro level.. my worst nightmare. What has Nintendo and Apple done to videogames :( I hope there aren't too much of those "alternative control" levels like giro or rear pad control cause it would pretty much kill the game for me.

Also there is something really wrong. Touching the rear pad stop the front touch to work, so you miss many things by touching unintentionally the rear one..

I only got to the rear pad level but it was kinda annoying. Front pad seems lke it would've been easier for that one.

I do like the gyro when it is used well though, like on the cow biplane community level.

Skyzard

Banned
GOT MY REFUND GUYS!

Just go to buy now on LBP and you'll see the £29.99 in your wallet :D

one final time...DDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNNLLOOOOOOOADDDDIIIINNNNGGG!!

CoLaN

I got my refund and i am downloading the working version.

I have been a fan of LBP since the first game announcement, so this whole issue was kind of frustrating. They solved it well, but communication from Sony (it wasn't the game devs fault, obviously) was lacking and even confusing. I hope that they learned something from this.

Now i'm going to enjoy the game, finally :p

Trevelyon

They solved it well, but communication from Sony (it wasn't the game devs fault, obviously) was lacking and even confusing.

A refund e-mail really would've sufficed here (maybe its still incoming) because on the Vita store your current wallet balance isn't available until your about to confirm (one push away) so it isn't necessarily clear that you have been refunded.

They need an in-cart option where you can easily see your current balance with one button push, like the PS3 PSN has.

leroidys

So I played through the single player campaign and loved (most of) it. I even really enjoyed the touch and gyro elements. The game was bubbling over with creativity, with many of the levels being completely new gameplay ideas one after the other.

The create is fantastic as well, it has really been improved by the touch. They obviously really thought about it and did a lot of testing, as opposed to shoehorning in touch because Vita.

Having said all that, I think the LBP formula is starting to run pretty thin for me, which I never expected before picking this up... I beat the single player in a couple hours and then went into the community. At this point, I've just had enough of "Play my dogshit level that looks like Mega Man!", "Almost as good as a free iphone game!", and "Kinda cool level but runs like shit!". The create tools are really cool, but no longer novel. I know its unfair to judge the create aspect when the game isn't even officially out yet, but this has always been the case with LBP games, and seeing it for the 3rd time is just not doing it for me.

ksimm

What are Sony smoking? They just emailed me apologising for a glitchy download and that they have refunded me.
My game downloaded just fine and I've been playing since yesterday? :)

Trevelyon

Okay, refund e-mail got. I can't really complain anymore, still a little slow but they made good.

What are Sony smoking? They just emailed me apologising for a glitchy download and that they have refunded me.
My game downloaded just fine and I've been playing since yesterday? :)

Lulz, enjoy your free Kaz-bucks.

Tailer

Should be in your wallet now. Yup, just like above. xD

:0 LUL I got the game for free or momentarily(the game doesn't show up on the download list) I downloaded the game when it showed up as free for like 10 min and now I got a refund :D, but I will definitely repurchase it once it goes down in price XD(since I will probably buy the revision of Vita) till then I will just buy something else.

Ardenyal

Got my refund, still felt a bit upset by all this. Fired up the game and forgot all about this mess :D The game looks AMAZING, sexy art on a sexy screen.

Skyzard

Banned
Got my refund, still felt a bit upset by all this. Fired up the game and forgot all about this mess :D The game looks AMAZING, sexy art on a sexy screen.

So much fun! And wow...controlling the blocks with the touchscreen while being able to control him with the anologues is serious fun...especially when you're a bit careless and you end up squishing boysack (brilliant! - although Colonel Flounder is following me close enough to be penetrated by that nose of his in the first lessons end screen ;).

KalBalboa

Banned
So much fun! And wow...controlling the blocks with the touchscreen while being able to control him with the anologues is serious fun...especially when you're a bit careless and you end up squishing boysack (brilliant! - although Colonel Flounder is following me close enough to be penetrated by that nose of his in the first lessons end screen ;).

Playing in co-op is fun too when it comes to the touch blocks. Getting ahead of your friends and then moving objects out of the way for them is oddly "team-centric" feeling.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Coolio. You won't be able to do that. Only DLC costumes from 1/2 transfer over, nothing from the main games.

Sticker outfits will be the terrible thing about that. You can just mix and match the DLC outfits and collected outfits (LBP2 items?), anyway so no huge deal there.

I love this game, so very much. I can't believe how much it looks like the LBP games on the PS3. Sure, there are some differences, but the fact that it looks this good impresses me. The levels so far have been really fun and engaging to play. I haven't played co-op with anyone yet, but I'm afraid my wifi won't work well. Though, it would probably work fine, and I'm just thinking it won't since I haven't tried it yet. Anyways, I'm glad that LBP made its way onto the Vita, and I'm probably going to sink a lot of time into this game. Maybe I will even attempt to make and publish a level someday. I made a level in LBP2, but never finished. The only LBP game I ever published any levels in is LBP1. So, yeah, good job to those who helped create this game. Really, this game is rather fantastic so far. :D

Grisby

The game looks really good. It also seems to be a bit sharper in the image quality department then other vita games.

Only thing that doesn't quite match up is the water IMO.

Got an email from Amazon.co.uk yesterday saying they hadn't received stock, don't know whether to cancel and just get it off the store at this point, wanted the pre order costumes :(

The game looks really good. It also seems to be a bit sharper in the image quality department then other vita games.

Only thing that doesn't quite match up is the water IMO.
Yeah, I wish the water looked better as well, but it doesn't bug me that much.

Skyzard

Banned
Playing in co-op is fun too when it comes to the touch blocks. Getting ahead of your friends and then moving objects out of the way for them is oddly "team-centric" feeling.

Can't wait! Just getting back to it now, will try and get some games with GAF too - gonna be good!

---Also, cancelling a level load....seriously...well done guys. Even more important with a touch interface.

.....just saw the working piano...so cool, wouldn't even have noticed if I didn't read it here first! classy

Got an email from Amazon.co.uk yesterday saying they hadn't received stock, don't know whether to cancel and just get it off the store at this point, wanted the pre order costumes :(

Are the preorder costumes the bioshock and ...other one ? Those are included with the store version too (SE in the UK anyway).

Well... I definitely should've been expecting what I saw when I first looked at this Megaman X level badge with the sprite from the game.

It's only the first week, gotta remember that. xD

Skyzard

Banned
Yup no problems here (Sweden).

Ah thanks, might try checking the router then as still haven't had any luck (UK).

Somebody answer this mans question!

Curious myself tbh, have some old LBP1 costumes that can't be downloaded....perhaps I just have to transfer them from the PS3 with CMA?

--Btw lag free and great community lbp level - (not sure if its has already been mentioned but) it's called " Underground Spacestation (Platformer)" By Materialboy

Its meant to be the knights costumes from Amazon, says it wont be in stock till the 28th now... wtf happened to the retail copies of the game?

Skyzard

Banned
Are there already costumes in the store?

The costumes that I'm talking about from LBP1 don't show up in the LBPV in-game store but are on my download list, will try transferring from CMA tomorrow. There are a few costume packs in the store though with prices but I haven't tried buying. I think they are the same as on the PSN store. I'm using the UK store though, I heard something about the 25th for the USA?

=-=-=

One of my favourite games on the vita. Definitely a must have and I'm really looking forward to some more awesome community levels, especially some more challenging but fun platforming levels that don't lag and are polished like the one I mentioned earlier.. Haven't figured out how to heart a level creator yet though.

Its meant to be the knights costumes from Amazon, says it wont be in stock till the 28th now... wtf happened to the retail copies of the game?

Amazon have sent my copy of the game, and I did notice the 28th altered date.

They must have ordered very little stock. Either that, or Sony hasn't printed a whole lot of copies.

Top Bottom