• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Has anyone made a working cutscene level yet?

Nothing I do seems to allow the level to finish. Time limits have no effect, the trophy device being activated does nothing, and there is a scoreboard on the level so it's not like there isn't somewhere to go when the level ends.
How are you attempting to activate the Game Ender tweaker? Are you also going into play mode to see if it's activating?

Tiamant

The 4th world vehicle level. Oh. My. God.

I remember how much these levels sucked in LBP1 and LBP2, they were clunky and not very fun, but this is completely on another level, soooo good.

Completely agree in regard to back touch. Some really great use of it here. Can't wait to see what imaginative stuff the community comes up with (if anything).

still waiting for a moe touch simulator game with all the giggles and crying sound hopefully they kept the crying baby sound fx in place lol

Thoraxes

I got a really weird bug in world 2-2 (I think, it's the one where you first stick the platforms in and out of the goo). Basically I moved the platform over to jump to the left, then tried to take it with me, it got walled, and then my game ran at 2FPS. Had to quit out and restart the game because of the stutter.

I tried to recreate it, but wasn't able to replicate it (though I only tried once), so it was totally weird.

So I finally couldn't wait any longer for the NA PSN version and bought it today at our local EB Games. My last LBP was the PSP game, so I never played LBP 2, and this is just blowing my mind. I really love how morbid it all seems to be. Creepy circus, pupeteers and hollow sack boys? Sign me up :).

I also love the way it incorporates the online functionality seamlessly throughout the game. Now, if the Vita just was a little quicker to sort out all its "Connecting. Please wait ..." shenanigans, it would be even better. And I still have not yet managed to actually get into a multiplayer game due to all the connection issues. But those are just nitpicks. :)

Anyway, the EB Games clerk was cool enough to give me some kind of pre-order DLC code, even though I didn't pre-order the game. Since I don't really care for this kind of stuff, the first person to send me a PM can have it. The only condition is that you add me as a friend on your Vita so we can play together and I can have a look at the pre-order costumes. ;) [Edit: We have a winner.]

Mondriaan

How are you attempting to activate the Game Ender tweaker? Are you also going into play mode to see if it's activating?

I stuck it inside a looping sequencer that takes 5 seconds to cycle. I have other stuff in the sequencer like a light that turns on and off, just to confirm that the sequencer is working in play mode. The light turns on and off just fine, but I don't see the game ender having any effect. It makes a sound effect, though.

Guys, I need some help. I asked this earlier, but can someone pretty please help? I cant seem to figure it out by myself, nor those a google search turn up anything, so here goes:

Ive collected a couple of items which have these three colored circles next to them, such as the fluorescent lights. I assume those colored circles mean I can change the colors, but I cant seem to figure out how. Im trying to decorate my pod in neon lights but its look boring with the default white. Can someone help?

Guys, I need some help. I asked this earlier, but can someone pretty please help? I cant seem to figure it out by myself, nor those a google search turn up anything, so here goes:

Ive collected a couple of items which have these three colored circles next to them, such as the fluorescent lights. I assume those colored circles mean I can change the colors, but I cant seem to figure out how. Im trying to decorate my pod in neon lights but its look boring with the default white. Can someone help?

it depends on the popit color you chose as far as I know. Otherwise no idea.

Just published my first LBP level ever - Spiderman Swinging Ver.1 - its terrible but I'm asking for feedback from anybody. More of a test of my tutorial skills.

I stuck it inside a looping sequencer that takes 5 seconds to cycle. I have other stuff in the sequencer like a light that turns on and off, just to confirm that the sequencer is working in play mode. The light turns on and off just fine, but I don't see the game ender having any effect. It makes a sound effect, though.
Huh, that's weird. The game ender should fire off. Can you post a screenies of your logic?

I've been playing this game for about a week now, and despite the awkwardness of voice chatting from the shitter, it's probably one of the best online experiences I've ever had on a handheld. I've completed most of the co-op levels already without a hitch (again, not including that one session - ugh! talk about embarrassing) and it was a easier process than it was on the PS3.
Kudos, Tarsier. You guys did a hell of a job, and I hope SCE gives you guys enough room to work on City of Metronome next. Very interesting game you guys have going, there.

RussellXV

Really impressed with the graphics of this game and the gameplay is very smooth. Can't wait to download LBP2 costumes.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Slowly making my way through story mode. World 2 is wonderful. Feels really fluid and looks wonderful.

Amazed how great the game looks overall. What changes to the rendering that were necessary have been handled well. Cleaner than the console games I think too.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Slowly making my way through story mode. World 2 is wonderful. Feels really fluid and looks wonderful.

Amazed how great the game looks overall. What changes to the rendering that were necessary have been handled well. Cleaner than the console games I think too.

It is amazing when a new studio, even though we have had more than one great studio working on this release :), can pick the reigns of a franchise from its creator and actually improve on the formula instead of the already high bar of maintaining the same quality and feel of the series. Even better when we talk about going from a console like PS3, never got LBP2 with PS Move additions though :(, to a portable console like PS Vita. amazing reviews and impressions all around. Hopefully Sony will start delivering more and more numbers about the PSN store as many people get games digitally (my only physical game is Uncharted: GA, got it at launch).

Edit: also, this games gives me some sort of DOOM64 vibes in the sense that they hired some of the best level designers outside of purely the game industry world. Good thing indeed given fans seem to value it as the best installment of the series.

mclem

Can we expect a thread where people recommend the very best community experiences?

I think the (ancient, now!) recommended levels thread covered LBP2 and LBPPSP when they became relevant, it'd probably be consistent to keep everything in that one... although a new thread wouldn't be a problem either.

... oh, I've just looked them up, and there were two separate threads, one for each of the PS3 titles, but PSP levels were sort of mixed into both. Curious:

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread
LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| - The Community Levels Thread

I think my memories of PSP levels in there were mostly due to Jump_Button's regular posting of the LBPCentral community spotlights, which would always munge all the levels together. Those spotlights are still going strong, although not as packed as they used to be.

In the story mode i keep coming across these suspicious looking areas with a shape and what looks like an eye with an angled bracket icon flashing... what are they for??! Am i supposed to stamp them with a sticker or something? Till now i haven't had anything that matches the shape to confirm...

In the story mode i keep coming across these suspicious looking areas with a shape and what looks like an eye with an angled bracket icon flashing... what are they for??! Am i supposed to stamp them with a sticker or something? Till now i haven't had anything that matches the shape to confirm...

Just go back to them when you've completed the world. You should have the stickers for them by then.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why is this still not on US PSN? Ugh.

Sporran

Man i had LBP and finished it, have to say wasnt bowled over, didnt get 2 either though i should get it with my PS+ sub.

Decided to get it and OMFG its like this game was made for the Vita, its beautiful to look at, a real treat and plays fantastic. Loving the touch controls, first vita game for me to really integrate touch properly.

And ive played a few coop games, which i never did on LBP.

Its finally clicked ;D

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Holy difficulty spike in the last world... but I beat it!

But bad news is, I realized there is something wrong with my Vita's gyroscope. I was playing the eye ball maze minigame when I realized the tilting isn't working like it should. No wonder my sackboy is always staring down on the floor. All this time I thought it was a game glitch. Going to send it in tomorrow.

Carl

But bad news is, I realized there is something wrong with my Vita's gyroscope. I was playing the eye ball maze minigame when I realized the tilting isn't working like it should. No wonder my sackboy is always staring down on the floor. All this time I thought it was a game glitch. Going to send it in tomorrow.

My Sackboy is always staring at the floor too. Hopefully mine isn't fucked too.

Mine seems to too, for the most part. Hmm.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Well, I don't want to cause any mass panic or anything, but I swapped from LBP to uncharted and switched on motion aiming and the game was constantly drifting left, so that is how I surmised that the gyroscope in the Vita is probably a bit wonky. You guys can try the eye ball maze minigame in the last world of LBP as well, the ball control just goes crazy for me when i tilt the vita.

Mondriaan

Huh, that's weird. The game ender should fire off. Can you post a screenies of your logic?

I've published the level and made it copyable. Here's a screenshot:
plngV.jpg

Otherwise, if for some reason that image doesn't load, it should also be found at this link:
http://twitter.com/mhondriaaan/status/249861160554356736/photo/1

The sequencer line has passed over the game ender that's inside the sequencer track. I have the battery hooked up to a game ender outside the track and to the large, unlit bulb.

Mine stares down too. Ill try the maze and see.

i did the maze level and the gyro is fine. but sack still looks down. but i guess by default the gyro is balance when placed on a leveled table which he does look straight. wish it lets us calibrate which is weird to not have that option.

Mzo

I don't watch television so I don't know, but was this advertised at all?

I don't think too many people even know it exists.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Mine seems to too, for the most part. Hmm.

The gyro isn't broke. Think about the way you hold the Vita. It's not perfectly parallel to the point in which Sackboys head can sit upright. We all play with our Vitas at an angle. Unless some of us play and like to strike a pose for proper posture like a boss, it's normal what you're experiencing. Kind of like the first horizontal minigame where you have to turn the system and it needs you to have the Vita perfectly straight up/down but then it works fine once configured. That's a little different than the way Sackboys head rests but the point stands.

DM makes a good point. If there was a calibration tool which adjusted to the way we hold our Vitas then it would be fine. Otherwise, hardly a big deal unless (as I said before) we all want to hold it like we're posing for a picture all proper like :p

Mondriaan

I saw that there was a cutscene level that properly ended in the "cool levels" page, so it occurred to me that there had to be a trick to ending a cutscene level.

The game ender sets some sort of flag to indicate that the level has been completed successfully, but it doesn't actually end the level. Destroying the only checkpoint in the level does end the game, though.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
I saw that there was a cutscene level that properly ended in the "cool levels" page, so it occurred to me that there had to be a trick to ending a cutscene level.

The game ender sets some sort of flag to indicate that the level has been completed successfully, but it doesn't actually end the level. Destroying the only checkpoint in the level does end the game, though.

The Game Ender literally ends the level. You just need to wire any signal into it, or if place it at the very end of the sequencer you use to play the cutscene. If you set it to Success: Yes players will get teleported to the scoreboard. If you set it to No the level just ends without the going to the scoreboard.

By the way if anyone finds any awesome level, message me on Twitter (@syroc_lbp). Always looking for TeamPick-worthy levels. :)

Mondriaan

The Game Ender literally ends the level. You just need to wire any signal into it, or if place it at the very end of the sequencer you use to play the cutscene. If you set it to Success: Yes players will get teleported to the scoreboard. If you set it to No the level just ends without the going to the scoreboard.
I've published the level and made it copyable so that anyone who is playing can tell me if they see anything wrong with the wiring to make the level end.

Vita LBP Me link to the level

I've published a different cutscene level that does end successfully, though, and demonstrates how I did it:

http://vita.lbp.me/v/99sb

Skyzard

Banned
I was going on about the double 11 pin yesterday like it was some naughty trophy but I just checked the description. The thing is it unlocked for me while I was attempting to mimic wanka sign with the sackboy hand movements and just got it right the second Double 11 unlocked ;)

Btw I found quite a few decent levels now! Enough for a decent hour or so just going in community levels with multiplayer. Will make a list today.

Ah, you're using a movie level. Delete the scoreboard and you should be able to use the game enders in the sequencer now.

Top Bottom