• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

VanWinkle

There's a disappointing lack of great levels on this game :( It makes me sad. I always had so many great levels to play on LBP 1 and 2 whenever I went on there. I mean, after a month, there's only 9 levels in Team Picks.

There's a disappointing lack of great levels on this game :( It makes me sad. I always had so many great levels to play on LBP 1 and 2 whenever I went on there. I mean, after a month, there's only 9 levels in Team Picks.

this.
I wanted the creativity to flowwwww. And it hasnt trickled =/
Well whatever guess I'll trade it in and put this towards AC:Liberation.

I finished the story mode the other day and have to say this is my favourite LBP game yet. I always preferred the PSP one over the PS3 ones, but this just seemed to somehow be even more charming and inventive. Only negative would have probably been the gyro tilting bits, but otherwise, brilliant stuff. Looking forward to playing community levels for the next few months at least as well.

gzero

Finished story mode the other day, now trying to ace every level. It's like a completely different game when playing this way. I can't put my finger on why but I'm enjoying the single player in this a lot more than the PS3 games. Hopefully they sort out the online lag problems so I can eventually go for 100% on all levels -- don't know anybody else locally with a Vita.

Sad, but we knew it was coming, considering two dozen people own a Vita.

Still haven't gotten my copy of the game from Taco Bell (surprise surprise).

Mondriaan

Gotta give it more time. Not as many vitas so I expect the influx of quality to be slower.
I'm not speaking for anyone else, but I'll put levels together if the idea is amusing and it looks like it will take less than a few minutes to put together.

Anything that will take longer is on the backburner until my vita game backlog goes down.

test_account

XP-39C²
I have no idea what could be wrong, so I made a level that you can copy.

Here is a vita lbp me link to the level:
http://vita.lbp.me/v/997sb
Thanks! :) Now i got it to work :) I noticed that you had set the minimum detection range to 0. This is where i did the mistake (i guess that i didnt try every option afterall hehe :\). I set the minimum detection range to the same as the maximum detection range. I thought that the circle indicated that it just had to be within that area even if i only ajusted the minimum detection range.

Thanks again for the help :) Also to donkey show.

Eh, it took awhile for LBP2 to kick into high gear with proper MM picked levels as well. There was about as many LBP2 MM picked levels in the same time frame from launch just like Vita version. And as others mentioned, sample size is a lot smaller than both 1 & 2.

Personally, I've been on and off working on some sprite based stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ0YOf0L1qo

It's been taking awhile to get right simply due to lack of time, but hopefully I can get something out soon. :)

Thanks! :) Now i got it to work :) I noticed that you had set the minimum detection range to 0. This is where i did the mistake (i guess that i didnt try every option afterall hehe :\). I set the minimum detection range to the same as the maximum detection range. I thought that the circle indicated that it just had to be within that area even if i only ajusted the minimum detection range.

Thanks again for the help :) Also to donkey show.

No problem! Glad you got your stuff to work. :)

RpgN

I dunno if it's a coincidence or what but I got to play some fine community levels today, many of them in fact. There has been some good activity with cool picks and recent activity. Is Team Picks like hall of fame levels? How do your levels get selected on there?

kerrak

I've been messing with the editor this weekend an i must say it's fantastic. I created a very simple, non challenging level with the help of my daughter to celebrate my wife's birthday. Being able to use both touch an classic controls, makes simple tasks really simple.

I dunno if it's a coincidence or what but I got to play some fine community levels today, many of them in fact. There has been some good activity with cool picks and recent activity. Is Team Picks like hall of fame levels? How do your levels get selected on there?

Syroc and the Tarsier team pick em. You can definitely make suggestions to him though if you feel a particular level is worthy.

Himself

What an awful demo. After your standard run left to right and see some credits intro, a long and bland story intro, then two long tutorial levels I finally get to something interesting, but have to turn the Vita off figuring I'd pick up where I left off. But no, you have to start from the beginning of the first tutorial and can't skip ahead. I just want to play the fucking game and really can't be bothered playing through another 30 minutes of tutorial levels. Bummer. Totally killed any momentum of interest the demo was slooooooooooowly building.

Edit: wow what a bitchy post. Sorry. I've just about had it with tutorials in games nowadays.

kerrak

.......... but have to turn the Vita off figuring I'd pick up where I left off..........

images

why turn the Vita off? just stick it in stand by. It can stay that way for days and days if needed. And you never have to reload a game you are currently playing.

Himself

Turned it off because I usually only play on the weekends and I don't let it sleep for a week straight. Like I said, it was an unnecessarily bitchy post. I was just looking forward to a level that was finally gonna let me have some fun after a long Monday and got funblocked by tutorial city.

magawolaz

I got the 1440 minutes trophy (actually I'm at 1700+) but I still haven't uploaded a level. Man I'm slow...

Question: how can I make this deadly-purple stuff? I found the material in my bag but couldn't find the right tool
LrDo8.jpg

(it's not one of the plasma/electric/fire/gas tools. It has sparkles and stuff)

I got the 1440 minutes trophy (actually I'm at 1700+) but I still haven't uploaded a level. Man I'm slow...

Question: how can I make this deadly-purple stuff? I found the material in my bag but couldn't find the right tool
LrDo8.jpg

(it's not one of the plasma/electric/fire/gas tools. It has sparkles and stuff)

Make an object using sticker panel that is the same shape as the pink stuff you want to make dangerous. Use the gas tool on the sticker panel object and overlay it on the pink material.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
That uses pretty much the same method. The sparkly bits or embers are made using one of the effect materials.

WiCkEd_Co

No one home to sign for mine :( Ugh this is going to be a problem.

I miss the package today but when I look up the tracking on the door note it said it was back at the fedex facility. Also said that place was open till 9pm so I went and pick it up as I wouldn't be able to be home tomorrow for the retry delivery.

Does anyone know how to make a ladder that sackboy can climb? I made a ladder, but I just don't know how to make it climable. I've seen it done in LBP2, but I'm not sure if it can be done in LBPVita. Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

Mondriaan

Does anyone know how to make a ladder that sackboy can climb? I made a ladder, but I just don't know how to make it climable. I've seen it done in LBP2, but I'm not sure if it can be done in LBPVita. Thanks to anyone who can help. :)
If the rungs are going to be platforms that a sackboy can stand on, you should alternate one layer thick platforms on the far and middle layers.

It's probably better to use the grappling hook to simulate ladder climbing mechanics, though.

test_account

XP-39C²
Some questions:

- Is it possible to make the Sackbots lethal without applying electric, flame or plasma tools to them? And not put Creatinators on them.

- Is there possible to increase the Sackbots running speed as time increases? Like the Sackbots starts to run slow, but then they gradually gets faster and faster?

- How do you start a level with only one life, and when you (and all the other players) have died once, you get automatically to the score screen? (this method is often used in arcade-like levels).

test_account

XP-39C²
So what's the difference between "Cool Levels" and "Team Picks"?
"Team Picks" are levels that the developers of LBP have picked out. The developers must really lik a level to put it under "Team Picks".

I'm not 100% sure how "Cool Levels" works, but it seems to be automated by how fast they are rated/user reviewed or something. I've seen some of those "p4p" (play for play) levels quite high on the Cool Levels list, so it has to be some automatic system based on ratings and such.

Massa

"Team Picks" are levels that the developers have chosen themself.

I'm not 100% sure how "Cool Levels" works, but it seems to be automated by how fast they are being rated and number of times played. I've seen some of those "p4p" (play for play) levels quite high on the Cool Levels list, so it has to be some automatic system based on ratings and such.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

They need to update their Team Picks already, it's been a while.

hodgy100

getting annoyed with this game :(

I spent two hours making a level and when i went to play mode and saved it the game crashed :( i lost my 2 hours of create time :(

Mondriaan

Some questions:

- Is it possible to make the Sackbots lethal without applying electric, flame or plasma tools to them? And not put Creatinators on them.
If you want it to be instantly lethal, you could set up a follower on poison cloud to mirror a sackbot's movements. Sackbots could also use the throwing glove and throw things like bombs or throw players into pits, but that's probably a lot more work. Also in the "a lot more work" category is driving vehicles, which sackbots could do.

- Is there possible to increase the Sackbots running speed as time increases? Like the Sackbots starts to run slow, but then they gradually gets faster and faster?
I would recommend having a "changing room" where they can enter and be replaced by a faster sackbot. If you're willing to use logic to exercise 100% control on a sackbot's movements, that would also work.

If you don't mind ganky stop and go movement and you don't have to worry about the sackbot falling (since falling could end up also being stop and go), you could put a gravity damper (leave the gravity alone but have it dampen movement) on the sackbot and have it turn on and off more frequently at the start and gradually reduce the amount of time it's on.
- How do you start a level with only one life, and when you (and all the other players) have died once, you get automatically to the score screen? (this method is often used in arcade-like levels).
You could either destroy the checkpoint/level entrance after all the players are in the level, or you could roll/drop it to where the scoreboard is.

Right. Whoever wants a free copy of LBP Vita (ONLY if you don't have one) just quote. First one to do so gets it.

It's the one i got from Taco Bell. so barcode is scratched out. it's the US copy too.

For anyone in the UK who wants the BioShock pre-order pack I've got an unused code, just send me a PM if you want it. I repeat the UK part since I don't think the code will work on any other region PSN store.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Update went up. Fixes locked levels to be fully locked and seems to fix "update all"/download all or whatever.

No mention of fixing the loading that takes forever but baby steps I guess.

Top Bottom