• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

test_account

XP-39C²
I wish that they would put a bar or percentage number when loading community levels. This way you know if the level is loading or not. Sometimes i can load a level for minutes and it still wont start, but i dont know if it is just slow or if the loading has stopped.

If you want it to be instantly lethal, you could set up a follower on poison cloud to mirror a sackbot's movements. Sackbots could also use the throwing glove and throw things like bombs or throw players into pits, but that's probably a lot more work. Also in the "a lot more work" category is driving vehicles, which sackbots could do.

I would recommend having a "changing room" where they can enter and be replaced by a faster sackbot. If you're willing to use logic to exercise 100% control on a sackbot's movements, that would also work.

If you don't mind ganky stop and go movement and you don't have to worry about the sackbot falling (since falling could end up also being stop and go), you could put a gravity damper (leave the gravity alone but have it dampen movement) on the sackbot and have it turn on and off more frequently at the start and gradually reduce the amount of time it's on.

You could either destroy the checkpoint/level entrance after all the players are in the level, or you could roll/drop it to where the scoreboard is.
Thanks again! :) (sorry for the very late reply).

For the checkpoint, i went with a solution that i destroyed the entry gate with a destroyer, then i put a normal checkpoint over the scoreboard and connected a sensor switch to the checkpoint. This way i could activate the checkpoint from a far distance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Loading still isn't working which is quite annoying. :|

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
The update that just went live takes care of that! So levels should load a lot faster again now.

Patch Notes:
  • Fix for issue where loading times would become excessively long
  • Fix for a GPU crash that would occur in create
  • Fix for a bug where the popit would never open in the pod if the user had closed the game during the pod introduction sequence
  • Fix for a crash that occurred frequently due to a memory leak
  • Fix for emitted objects becoming corrupt and unusable when used in a different level than the level they were captured in
  • Fix for locked levels being accessible through the recent activity search function

89MB

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Depends on whether or not you want to collect everything and how quickly you can overcome all the obstacles. But like the previous LBP games your first run through will probably take you around 4 or 5 hours. Though you there is a speed-run pin if you finish it in under 3 hours.

darkwing

The update that just went live takes care of that! So levels should load a lot faster again now.

Patch Notes:
  • Fix for a bug where the popit would never open in the pod if the user had closed the game during the pod introduction sequence
  • Fix for emitted objects becoming corrupt and unusable when used in a different level than the level they were captured in
  • Fix for locked levels being accessible through the recent activity search function

89MB

NICE!!!! finally I can browse for user levels again

TheSeks

Patch Notes:

89MB

I'll update later today and see but I haven't played the game in like two months because of this. :/

Skyzard

Banned
Just installed it now, it is much better for most levels, before it was basically impossible to browse levels.

The first level still took 3ish minutes for the information to load up for me... (the name and circular graphics - not actually loading or downloading a level). But after that, the other levels displayed much quicker (5-10 seconds usually or less - although some of the team picks took longer for me then "cool levels" - still ok though). Not all of them (odd one still takes a short while longer but no where near as bad as before the update!)

If you backtrack through menus and return to the list, the first click will still take a while 30secs.. I feel like sometimes it loads info for other levels in the list despite you clicking for a specific level. But it is overall/for most levels much faster and actually possible to browse community levels now without exiting the app from frustration !

Anyway, decent update and will likely jump back into the great LBP soon as a result, thanks for sorting it out.

Grinchy

Banned
I have not had a ton of free time lately and have barely played any Vita at all, but I finally got some more time with this game yesterday and it's still awesome. I really feel like the Vita features make this better than PS3 versions of LBP.

darkwing

woah this Requiem for a Pachyderm level is amazing, I wish there was a way to share a level via twitter or some other means

TheSeks

RpgN

The game is definitely more stable with the new patch but I was hoping it would be a bit better. Now when a level starts loading for too long, you'll get a can't load this level message. Luckily it doesn't affect the performance and speed of other levels afterwards. Sound seems to match more and levels are being loaded more properly. It doesn't get crazy long to load levels anymore but it still feels too long sometimes. Not sure if this is actually intentional and part of the game? How long are community levels supposed to load for when things are completely fine?

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
It all depends on your connection and the size of the level. Ideally it shouldn't take longer to load a level in LBPV than it takes in LBP2, which generally is no longer than 2 minutes. Most levels will load a lot quicker than that under ideal conditions, say 20-30 seconds, but it can occasionally take longer than 2 minutes.

Suffice to say that we (and D11) will continue to look into ways of improving the time it takes to jump into a level.

Skyzard

Banned
For me it is not the loading that is a problem but sometimes just displaying the information for a level. Like you click a level from the cool levels list..and you just see a spinning icon..it is better then before where it used to take forever but can still be quite long just to pull this info sometimes...not the loading of the level itself. It's not bad though and I'm glad you guys are continuing to support it. Definitely haven't had enough LBP yet. Maybe just a small break to play these newer games that are finally out.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Yes, I agree. It's one of the many things we can improve, and I will continue to push for it to be improved. :)

Skyzard

Banned
That's excellent to hear, especially these days. Although the issue isn't unacceptable at all anymore but who doesn't want the best version of their game. And LBP vita is an outstanding game.

Would love more well-made story levels as well (played those vehicle/on a track levels in the last world ..or second to last) like 5 times now! Will likely pick up dlc levels too if we are getting any, despite free community levels (I remember reading blog posts about competitions for level design contest that will be included in upcoming dlc).

Sintoid

Done!

Hey Gaf by the way, I've got some serious problems with editing a level. I'm trying to create a "Moon Patrol" clone and I'm having some problems with the buggy wheels. I'm making a vehicle with front wheel connected to the frame with a bolt and rear wheel connected with a motorized bolt but when the buggy makes a jump and lands the wheels explode with the vanishing effect =(

Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks to those that voted! Everyone here at Sumo (and I'm sure Tarsier as well) appreciates it. :D

Done!

Hey Gaf by the way, I've got some serious problems with editing a level. I'm trying to create a "Moon Patrol" clone and I'm having some problems with the buggy wheels. I'm making a vehicle with front wheel connected to the frame with a bolt and rear wheel connected with a motorized bolt but when the buggy makes a jump and lands the wheels explode with the vanishing effect =(

Can anybody tell me why?

Put a material tweaker on the wheels and set it to indestructible. Should fix your issue.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I've had so many games to play lately I haven't got around to buying this. Just played the demo though and it is fantastic. Excited to dive into the full game!

Skyzard

Banned
^ yep. Still had to go with LBP as well, amazing job putting it on the vita. And yes everyone buy sound shapes too, although I am a bit peeved they didn't add local-saving community levels like LBP did...but still, worth a buy for sure. Won't be deleting either from my vita.

Takao

Banned
Gravity Rush DLC:

3CWbd.jpg

Jonnyram

Oh, didn't realise you'd posted it in this thread. Sorry Takao.
Love that they are adding stickers too. 20 stickers & 4 costumes for 600 yen... hmmm.

I beat the game at lunch and never touched it back again. Played a little yesterday and finally the online is working, yay.

There's a 2D/3D level on the front page that's incredible.

TheSeks

Just costumes and stickers. The costumes are fully cross compatible with LBP2 and LBPK, of course.

Will stickers ever be Cross-Buy? I want my Killzone Heighlast poster sticker in my pod. :(

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Will stickers ever be Cross-Buy? I want my Killzone Heighlast poster sticker in my pod. :(

As far as I know, there are no plans for this at the moment. That might change in the future, but I don't think it's very likely at this point.

Grinchy

Banned
Because of the free Vita games for Plus users, I decided to go ahead and finish the story mode now so I can plow through Gravity Rush. Man, that whole last world was awesome. The last few levels will be tricky to ace. Overall I really liked this LBP game the most. As much as I like LBP 1 and 2, this one just felt like a much better package to me.

leroidys

Because of the free Vita games for Plus users, I decided to go ahead and finish the story mode now so I can plow through Gravity Rush. Man, that whole last world was awesome. The last few levels will be tricky to ace. Overall I really liked this LBP game the most. As much as I like LBP 1 and 2, this one just felt like a much better package to me.

Agreed, though I loved 2 also. Playing through this game, I often felt like if this was the first title they released in the series, LBP would get the respect it deserves.

TheSeks

As far as I know, there are no plans for this at the moment. That might change in the future, but I don't think it's very likely at this point.

Well, that sucks. Because like I said: There's some stickers on the PS3 versions I really want in this version.

leroidys

What about content from past GOTY editions? It really sucks I can't use my MGS4 stuff that I own in LBPGOTY on vita :(

Top Bottom