• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

RpgN

Boom. 50 unique players down. Now I just need to shake Spacebridge and two others into playing online at the same time, wearing the same outfit and taking turns winning a 4 player level or something. >_>
And then beat SpaceBridge 24 more times for the 25 versus level trophy

Finding two other players for the 4 player trophy is a whole lot harder than I thought. Me and my buddy have been trying to find two other players for the trophy for ages. Wanna join us to get it? And perhaps a fourth player can join us from GAF too?

There is this player that made a level that takes a second to get this trophy, I'm not sure if it really works as we haven't been able to test it with four players.

Iacobellis

Finding two other players for the 4 player trophy is a whole lot harder than I thought. Me and my buddy have been trying to find two other players for the trophy for ages. Wanna join us to get it? And perhaps a fourth player can join us from GAF too?

There is this player that made a level that takes a second to get this trophy, I'm not sure if it really works as we haven't been able to test it with four players.

I'd love to help with the trophy. Add me: Iacobellis-.

RpgN

I'd love to help with the trophy. Add me: Iacobellis-.

Great, thank you!

Now we only need a fourth player and finding the right time to meet online. If TheSeks joins along with Spacebridge then we can help the fifth person out among us gaffers :)

Skyzard

Banned
So I have this long ass queue on http://lbp.me/me/queue

Load up LBP on Vita, only 1 or 2 of them show up? :S Can't even text search for the other levels...region issues?

Is 'update all' fixed yet btw...or does it need a game update? :S

Btw someone mentioned (might have been on reddit) about deleting community items to improve LBP loading times...is there a way to delete the 'glitched prizes' but not the levels?
---In settings "memoriser data" is I think what it is.

Iacobellis

Great, thank you!

Now we only need a fourth player and finding the right time to meet online. If TheSeks joins along with Spacebridge then we can help the fifth person out among us gaffers :)

What time should we all play? I am available now and all of tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That all depends if we find a fourth person :( As far as I'm concerned, I'm available today as well and my friend is probably too.

Won't someone join us?

I'll join. Give me a time.

RpgN

We got the trophy, it was a lot of hassle to be all online at first but it was fun near the end :)

We can still add each other if you need someone to help you with the trophy TheSeks. I could ask some of them on my list if they're willing to help too though I'm not sure if they will.

That p4p community level doesn't work for the trophy btw, it might have worked with LBP2 but not here. We just did it the old fashioned way with a story versus level.

Iacobellis

We got the trophy, it was a lot of hassle to be all online at first but it was fun near the end :)

We can still add each other if you need someone to help you with the trophy TheSeks. I could ask some of them on my list if they're willing to help too though I'm not sure if they will.

That p4p community level doesn't work for the trophy btw, it might have worked with LBP2 but not here. We just did it the old fashioned way with a story versus level.

I can vouch for this. I'll help when TheSeks gets the chance to play.

TheSeks

That p4p community level doesn't work for the trophy btw, it might have worked with LBP2 but not here.

Er-yes it does. Since I did it. It requires unique players for one level/your "P4P" level to unlock it. I did it that way.

And I must've missed this thread by being passed out. Maybe sometime next week Saturday late night would work.

Purist

Neo Member
Queued it up, thanks will give it a go tonight.

Edit: Not bad really, <3'ed. That last jump was like a mm too far away though, took a lot of jumps :p

I actually went back and adjusted the level thanks to your feedback. Now it feels like the flow is consistent. Though I have to try something much more complicated now.

Iacobellis

Er-yes it does. Since I did it. It requires unique players for one level/your "P4P" level to unlock it. I did it that way.

And I must've missed this thread by being passed out. Maybe sometime next week Saturday late night would work.

I'll help you with it when you are free.

RpgN

By unique players you mean four different players at the same time, yes? We did that and we got nothing but it might have been the level itself that we played. Come to think of it, it didn't have any point bubbles, it might have been that?

Wait, so you already got the trophy and you still want to do it again? I'm confused *slept at 3 am last night* We got the trophy yesterday, so we're only doing it to help you out :)

And sure, Saturday is fine but not sure if you're in a different time zone that we might miss each other for it.

TheSeks

By unique players you mean four different players at the same time, yes? We did that and we got nothing but it might have been the level itself that we played. Come to think of it, it didn't have any point bubbles, it might have been that?

Oh, you're talking the competitive 2player and 4 player one. I dunno on that, but making a P4P level for 50 unique players in your level does work.

Noi

Beat and aced the last level at the same time... That scoreboard must be busted, I have a hard time believing that only 3 people have aced it for the max score, myself included.

Now that I'm done, I should get to work on create... as well as playing with people for those 2x rooms. There's trophies to be gained!

Okay I'm pretty frustrated with LBP Vita right now. For the last two days I've tried to play some of the online user levels without success. Ill go to community, and it will list levels and Ill pick one or text search for one and then the level will just load...load...load...load..and so on. Last night I had the It Came from my Nightmare level loading for over 15 mins because I was so pissed I wanted to see how long it would go.

I turned the game off. Tried again and same thing happened. I reset my modem, router, did a test connection on my vita and everything worked fine. I can log into PSN, PS Store, send messages over PSN, use the browser on the Vita just fine. When I boot up LBP it connects to PSN successfully, then it says it connects to LBP servers successfully. I can see the levels listed, sometimes the little screen shots will show up too, but If I tap to load a level is just cycles away with that godamn "Loading...Loading". When I hit Team Picks, the game lags and then the sound cuts off ingame too. At this point the online portion is neigh unplayable. And Im pissed.

Any suggestions? Can I contact anyone on the servers for assistance?

Noi

There's a special place in hell for whoever designed the 8th and 10th levels on StratoSphere. The things I do...

...Orb-it is entirely rear touchpad controlled? Oh no.

Okay I'm pretty frustrated with LBP Vita right now. For the last two days I've tried to play some of the online user levels without success. Ill go to community, and it will list levels and Ill pick one or text search for one and then the level will just load...load...load...load..and so on. Last night I had the It Came from my Nightmare level loading for over 15 mins because I was so pissed I wanted to see how long it would go.

I turned the game off. Tried again and same thing happened. I reset my modem, router, did a test connection on my vita and everything worked fine. I can log into PSN, PS Store, send messages over PSN, use the browser on the Vita just fine. When I boot up LBP it connects to PSN successfully, then it says it connects to LBP servers successfully. I can see the levels listed, sometimes the little screen shots will show up too, but If I tap to load a level is just cycles away with that godamn "Loading...Loading". When I hit Team Picks, the game lags and then the sound cuts off ingame too. At this point the online portion is neigh unplayable. And Im pissed.

Any suggestions? Can I contact anyone on the servers for assistance?

Yeah, it's pretty bad at the moment. It's almost better to attempt to download a level if you want to play it.

Anyway, there's the get satisfaction site for LBP Vita here: https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/products/littlebigplanet_littlebigplanet_ps_vita

You can also voice your issues to Syroc (Tarsier Community Manager) here, as well.

i Facebooked Taco Bell about the game on the 29th. and they just got back with replying

Taco Bell
We will let you know once we ship the game. Thank you for your patience.

We'll see.
if it goes through i'll give the game away.

TheSeks

kool-aid-man-family-guy-o.gif

(Sorry, I know that feeling about the back-touchpad)

donkey show said:
Yeah, it's pretty bad at the moment.

It has to do with the size of your level it seems. Smaller levels load fine, but then again I've had issues with P4P and non-P4P/longer levels so who the hell knows.

Skyzard

Banned
Level idea that I can't/won't do anytime soon (feel free):

Basically a worms rope racing rip-off (possibly (preferably) with fun bounce pad jumping bits as well as lots of decent checkpoints). Would be great if it was in the style of some of the worms racing maps too (horizontal and vertical sections all walled off in a single path u/d/l/r to the goal). Could be an obstacle racing course...nice if it made them (if multiple players join) take turns each 30 seconds......not sure if that is possible though.

That would be fun to play, also in mp. Even better if it fills up with water :p

Also make sure it isn't faster to just run the horizontal parts otherwise it's going to be complicated..

Any word on an update to fix some issues though? Would love some of the weird level loading delays (connection stuff) and the "update all" crash fix - hopefully without removing the option..

Yeah, it's pretty bad at the moment. It's almost better to attempt to download a level if you want to play it.

Anyway, there's the get satisfaction site for LBP Vita here: https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/products/littlebigplanet_littlebigplanet_ps_vita

You can also voice your issues to Syroc (Tarsier Community Manager) here, as well.

So its not just me? Im trying to download a level too and its just says Please Wait. Uhm...Im really hating this game now. It went from my fave LBP to my least favorite.

Shai-Tan

Banned
can someone tell me what to do on the "pet sackboy" custom level right after the vacuum when you've got a grappling hook? I think I missed something obvious.

Are they ever going to release a patch to fix the online?

When I first got the game on opening week I could get online just fine. Now it's impossible. Nothing loads, no community user levels, and I can't even download it. Sometimes I get server error messages, even though my wifi and PSN are connected. I'm so annoyed I ain't even bothering with my level anymore.

RpgN

When I first got the game on opening week I could get online just fine. Now it's impossible. Nothing loads, no community user levels, and I can't even download it. Sometimes I get server error messages, even though my wifi and PSN are connected. I'm so annoyed I ain't even bothering with my level anymore.

Yeah, it's been really annoying to the point of not wanting to play online anymore. It always amazed me how the community aspect was so deep with LBP games but it shows. I'd rather have a smoother experience instead of trying to go through a check list to make it more enticing for new buyers. Offline works like a charm and is pleasant, online needs work or they should reduce some of the things you can do with it.

Xenon

Whoever thought designing a game around a constant network connection on a portable was a good idea needs to take a look at the PSP LBP. It cached your scores and updated all your download levels with the latest play data when you initiated it. Half the time when I play a LBPV level the leaderboard fails to upload correctly and is lost.

They need to segregate all the different network aspects of the game and have them independently access the internet when needed. When I am playing with others in a level I do not need friend updates or whatever else the thing is trying to do. Also when solo in create mode it should never lock up for connectivity issues. If it fails to connect, time that shit out and try again later.

Grisby

Yeah, online hasn;t been great. It feels like it takes a lot longer now that there are more peeps playing the game. I mean, I know, 'duh' but it sometimes it affects just playing a level by myself.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
As Donkey Show said up there, it would help us a lot if you could report issues here, if they weren't reported already and add your comments to existing issues as that makes it a lot easier for us to replicate, find and fix the issues.

Fixing the online issues is one of our top priorities at the moment. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to track down the exact cause, that's why we would appreciate it if you could help us by leaving your comments on the site linked to previously. The QA guys are checking the site regularly and I keep an eye on it at all times as well.

test_account

XP-39C²
If you have a brain on an object, then when you hit it and the object is destroyed. Is it possible to get this brain to destroy something unrelated as well? For example, if you kill an enemy, and when you do this, a wall get disolved, so you can progress further in the level.

EDIT: The same goes for disolving something with using a player sensor. How do you do that? Just by walking into the player sensor proximity, then something disolves.

Mondriaan

If you have a brain on an object, then when you hit it and the object is destroyed. Is it possible to get this brain to destroy something unrelated as well? For example, if you kill an enemy, and when you do this, a wall get disolved, so you can progress further in the level.

EDIT: The same goes for disolving something with using a player sensor. How do you do that? Just by walking into the player sensor proximity, then something disolves.
There might be destruction sensors, which will probably last long enough to handle something like dissolving walls. In general, though, I don't think it's a good practice to put too much logic on something that could disappear in the middle of doing stuff.

The usual way to do stuff like that in the older LBPs was to use magnetic key switches.

Put a magnetic key sensor on a permanent fixture close to where your enemy hangs out and put a magnetic key on your enemy. When that sensor doesn't detect your enemy any more, it activates something.

Dissolving stuff is generally handled by having a destruction action device hooked up to a switch or sensor. The destruction action has some different destruction effects; one of them is dissolve.

test_account

XP-39C²
There might be destruction sensors, which will probably last long enough to handle something like dissolving walls. In general, though, I don't think it's a good practice to put too much logic on something that could disappear in the middle of doing stuff.

The usual way to do stuff like that in the older LBPs was to use magnetic key switches.

Put a magnetic key sensor on a permanent fixture close to where your enemy hangs out and put a magnetic key on your enemy. When that sensor doesn't detect your enemy any more, it activates something.

Dissolving stuff is generally handled by having a destruction action device hooked up to a switch or sensor. The destruction action has some different destruction effects; one of them is dissolve.
Thanks, that would work fine :)

I dont find any destruction sensors however. I remember that i did it with ease in LBP1 and 2, but i cant figure out/remember how to do it LBP Vita :(

Darvan

Has anyone heard if they are working a patch for the network lag or some way of telling if the person has a bad connection before joining their game?

Mondriaan

Thanks, that would work fine :)

I dont find any destruction sensors however. I remember that i did it with ease in LBP1 and 2, but i cant figure out/remember how to do it LBP Vita :(
I probably misremembered destruction sensors.

In LBP1 and 2, there was a dissolve material that would disappear when it got switched on, so wiring a creature brain to the material that was blocking a passageway would do what you wanted.

The self-destruction activator things are better, though. IIRC it looks like a skull and allows for different destruction special effects.

test_account

XP-39C²
I probably misremembered destruction sensors.

In LBP1 and 2, there was a dissolve material that would disappear when it got switched on, so wiring a creature brain to the material that was blocking a passageway would do what you wanted.

The self-destruction activator things are better, though. IIRC it looks like a skull and allows for different destruction special effects.
Yep, there is no dissolve material in LBP Vita :\

How does the self-destructor activator works? Is it just to connect that sensor to something, the wire it up to a switch or similar and then the object will be destroyed?

Has anyone heard if they are working a patch for the network lag or some way of telling if the person has a bad connection before joining their game?

Syroc said:
Fixing the online issues is one of our top priorities at the moment.

They're working on it.

Yep, there is no dissolve material in LBP Vita :\

How does the self-destructor activator works? Is it just to connect that sensor to something, the wire it up to a switch or similar and then the object will be destroyed?

Basically take whatever you are using to activate the said action (i.e. impact sensor, switch, etc.) to the destroyer. Of course, make sure you put the destroyer on what you want to be destroyed.

Mondriaan

Basically take whatever you are using to activate the said action (i.e. impact sensor, switch, etc.) to the destroyer. Of course, make sure you put the destroyer on what you want to be destroyed.
I forgot it was called a destroyer, lol.

On the other hand, I will always think of ships first when I hear that term.

test_account

XP-39C²

I forgot it was called a destroyer, lol.

On the other hand, I will always think of ships first when I hear that term.
Thanks, this worked great! :)

Now i have another problem hehe. First i hooked a tag sensor up to a destroyer, then i connected a tag chip to the enemy. I set the range so that the chip is within the range of the tag sensor , but when the enemy gets destroyed, the tag sensor doesnt activate the destroyer. It is like the tag sensor thinks that the tag chip is still within range. Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks, this worked great! :)

Now i have another problem hehe. First i hooked a tag sensor up to a destroyer, then i connected a tag chip to the enemy. I set the range so that the chip is within the range of the tag sensor , but when the enemy gets destroyed, the tag sensor doesnt activate the destroyer. It is like the tag sensor thinks that the tag chip is still within range. Any idea how to solve this?

I'm surprised the tag within range doesn't activate the tag sensor from the beginning, lol. You should be able to just set output of the tag sensor to ON instead of off. This will ensure that the tag sensor will not fire off when the tag is in range. When the tag is no longer in range, the tag sensor should activate the connected destroyer. Think you can post your logic just to make sure?

MarkusRJR

Does anyone know if you can disable the gyro sensor in this game? I tried playing on the bus but it'll sometimes calibrate the default position wrong and my sackboy will be constantly facing in a weird direction for the duration of a level. It's not really a major problem but it's still kind of annoying.

Does anyone know if you can disable the gyro sensor in this game? I tried playing on the bus but it'll sometimes calibrate the default position wrong and my sackboy will be constantly facing in a weird direction for the duration of a level. It's not really a major problem but it's still kind of annoying.

Don't think you can since it's a system level thing and several levels in the game require the gyro.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm surprised the tag within range doesn't activate the tag sensor from the beginning, lol. You should be able to just set output of the tag sensor to ON instead of off. This will ensure that the tag sensor will not fire off when the tag is in range. When the tag is no longer in range, the tag sensor should activate the connected destroyer. Think you can post your logic just to make sure?
I've tried pretty much every option. What is strange is if i set inverted to yes, the material will automatically be destroyed even if the tag is within range or not. It doesnt matter what i chose, it still just automatically gets destroyed at once.

I've had that happen too. Annoying.

Top Bottom