• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Has anyone played 'They came from my Nightmares', there's so genuinely good directing in that (it's a playable level but not really a platformer, more like a Silent Hill esque experience).
Yup, mentioned it on the last page. Great and twisted stuff. :)

Just finished the story mode levels. Only the final boss level was annoying, but not nearly as much as previous LBP end bosses and once you know what to do, it's actually quite easy. I was surprised and disappointed it was over, wanting more, which is also a first from me for the series. This has levels I'll gladly replay, which is ... well you get the drift. ;)

The distance between something like this and the best experience ai've had on iOS still feels ... huge!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, shit. You can't have Sackboy just go into hamster tubes. If you don't block off the other layers, he'll just automatically go into another layer to get around it. Annoying.

And I can't seem to let the hamster tubes be properly lined up since the angles can't really be edited to well to be "grid" based (and going into play mode has my suspended in air stuff suddenly come crashing down). I wanted to have Sackboy go through a tunnel but I can't do that.

And since I can't do that I deleted the level and am not sure what to make for a level for 50 suckers to play. *sigh* I might as well just put a scoreboard under a start level gate and beg people to play the level. *sigh*

TheSeks

Maybe someone from Tarser can tell me: how do you get the Optimist/Pessimist pin? I've set the global water level to 96.15 since that's half the max that reaches the roof of the level but no pin given. :/ And the game rounds up 96.15 to 96.2. :/

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Well, shit. You can't have Sackboy just go into hamster tubes. If you don't block off the other layers, he'll just automatically go into another layer to get around it. Annoying.

You can, you just need to build a little ramp (one small grid block high) since that is how thick the rim of the tube is. Or sink them one block into the ground.

And I can't seem to let the hamster tubes be properly lined up since the angles can't really be edited to well to be "grid" based. I wanted to have Sackboy go through a tunnel but I can't do that.
Are you trying to place two or more tubes in an angle so that they are sloping upwards or downwards? If so just line them up horizontally first, glue them together, and then angle the whole thing as you want. That way you can make them line up perfectly.
(and going into play mode has my suspended in air stuff suddenly come crashing down)
Select the tube and set it's Physics Properties to Static and it won't come crashing down.

Maybe someone from Tarser can tell me: how do you get the Optimist/Pessimist pin? I've set the global water level to 96.15 since that's half the max that reaches the roof of the level but no pin given. :/ And the game rounds up 96.15 to 96.2. :/
You get for setting it to 96.2.

Mik2121

Hey Syroc, dunno if you know this one but...

I'm having trouble playing with one friend online and yet I was able to play with some random people somewhere else. He said his connection could be the reason, and that maybe he needs to open/close some ports. Do you know which ones are needed to play with the Vita online?

Thanks!

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
I don't know, to be honest. It should just work out of the box, shouldn't it? I'm sure there are some people on here who might have an answer for your friend. :)

TheSeks

You can, you just need to build a little ramp (one small grid block high) since that is how thick the rim of the tube is. Or sink them one block into the ground.

Are you trying to place two or more tubes in an angle so that they are sloping upwards or downwards? If so just line them up horizontally first, glue them together, and then angle the whole thing as you want. That way you can make them line up perfectly.

Select the tube and set it's Physics Properties to Static and it won't come crashing down.

You get for setting it to 96.2.

I was trying to make it slope with the J pieces the short and long ones don't seem to properly line up but maybe because I wasn't using the grid-mode (can you even have that be fully seen like the other three LBP's or is it only when a piece is being selected?

And I did set it to 96.2 but no pin given, so chalk that up to another bugged pin I guess. :/

@Mik: If his NAT type isn't -2 that may be the problem. He'd have to bridge his DSL modem to go from -3 to -2 and then wouldn't need to port forward.

I was trying to make it slope with the J pieces the short and long ones don't seem to properly line up but maybe because I wasn't using the grid-mode (can you even have that be fully seen like the other three LBP's or is it only when a piece is being selected?

And I did set it to 96.2 but no pin given, so chalk that up to another bugged pin I guess. :/

@Mik: If his NAT type isn't -2 that may be the problem. He'd have to bridge his DSL modem to go from -3 to -2 and then wouldn't need to port forward.

i just got the pin.

Mik2121

Thanks I'll tell him tomorrow.

BTW guys, on the level Re-Animation Station, do you guys know where's the bubble #35? (second to last on the list). I've searched for it for quite a while and I just can't find it :(

Mik2121

f8cc68020fe111e29d8c22000a1cdbbe_7.jpg

Now I gotta finish the level I'm making, do some stuff and hopefully get the Platinum trophy!.

TheSeks

i just got the pin.

Did you use the global water tool or the other one? Because I'm using the global water tool and setting it to max of 96.2 and then bringing the water in and no pin.

Grinchy

Banned
Come on guys, whip them out. Let's see your pods. I still haven't made a new one since early on so it's not great, but that's ok.

VBVLLl.jpg

TheSeks

Global. i set it at 96.2 and the pin badge popped up.

It's bugged for me then. Because I made a new level, set it to 96.2 with the global tool. Went into play mode, no pin. Went into creation mode, no pin.

Uurghh, I want this so bad but have no money for a Vita.

I wish you guys would release DLC packs for LBP2 that contain all the costumes/materials/backgrounds/etc. from the PSP and Vita games -- at $9.99 or even $19.99, I'm sure many creators would pick them up.

Hoping Taco Bell winners get their copy this week. Monday I was told on the TB page "the game was just released last week, please allow a week for shipping," but that doesn't inspire confidence seeing how the last time I was given a time frame by them "3-4 weeks" quickly became three months. I want to plaaaaay.

Uurghh, I want this so bad but have no money for a Vita.

I wish you guys would release DLC packs for LBP2 that contain all the costumes/materials/backgrounds/etc. from the PSP and Vita games -- at $9.99 or even $19.99, I'm sure many creators would pick them up.

Get money for a Vita :)

Game is awesome. Is there any way to skip all the tutorials in create mode?

persongr

Ok, I just started playing the game and I'm blown away by the music. Still in the first couple of levels, please tell me the high standards these levels set will be met later in the game!

In other news, it really feels kinda refreshing playing LBP on a portable, I admit i was getting tired of LBP2 -_-

Sid

Ok, I just started playing the game and I'm blown away by the music. Still in the first couple of levels, please tell me the high standards these levels set will be met later in the game!

In other news, it really feels kinda refreshing playing LBP on a portable, I admit i was getting tired of LBP2 -_-
It gets better later on.

TheSeks

Well, published a level. Probably won't get 50 unique players. I really wish it was easy to create dummy accounts and do it myself like I did the other two LBPs. *sigh*

Miburou

Well, published a level. Probably won't get 50 unique players. I really wish it was easy to create dummy accounts and do it myself like I did the other two LBPs. *sigh*

Well, I went ahead and bought the game (no thanks to you guys!). Tell me how to access your level and at least you'll have one more unique play by the end of today. ;)

I really need to get a level created while this game is still new and getting the play time so I can get rid of those tricky trophies.

Managed to play an online game last night and was flawless, no actual lag until we got to the end with the scoreboard. Really great game, and looking forward to playing some more later on.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm obsessed with the flower pop arcade game in the second world. I've played nothing else.

What's your high score? I'm going to play some today at lunch.

So this is the best looking vita game right? Playing the demo now and I'm kinda in awe at how clean it looks. Really fun too.

It depends on what you're going for. In terms of artistic direction & detail, I'd say so (in league with Gravity Rush, for sure). For visual "pop" and fidelity, Super Stardust Delta & Wipeout 2048 are still up there. Golden Abyss is probably the most demonstrative, though.

Got my third LittleBigPlanet platinum today. Now that's dedication towards one franchise. Debating with myself whether or not to sell my copy, since the online is such a botch job of lag and unsociable players who won't let me join their game. And I still have the other two games and their superior online component on the PS3 anyway.

So this is the best looking vita game right? Playing the demo now and I'm kinda in awe at how clean it looks. Really fun too.

I think Gravity Rush just about pips it, but both are pretty dazzling when all is said and done.

TheSeks

Well, I went ahead and bought the game (no thanks to you guys!). Tell me how to access your level and at least you'll have one more unique play by the end of today. ;)

Login to lbp.me for the PSP2, queue that up. Go in game and play your queue through the community bit once you unlock the community/online level and creator/your level creations moons in the singleplayer game (like 4 main levels in).

TheSeks

Y'all platinum hunters... XD

It's an easy platinum... provided you're super popular level creator. Which most people aren't. Add in that new levels/levels to find plays that need plays is terrible (and has been terrible since the first) that requries you to republish the level constantly to get it into peoples eyes and... yeah... I really don't get why three games later we're still having creation trophies since they are a PITA and annoying to get for non-creators and even if you are a creator they're still a PITA for the unique players ones.

So just now I booted up my Vita for the first time in over a month to download the demo.

Aaaaaand apparently no demo for Aussies. Son I am disappoint. Not sure if I want this....

Grisby

So just now I booted up my Vita for the first time in over a month to download the demo.

Aaaaaand apparently no demo for Aussies. Son I am disappoint. Not sure if I want this....
Well, did you like LBP1 or 2? This is a worthy entry into the series. Also, given some time it'll probably pay for itself thrice over like the previous two games.

Some of the touch stuff is hit or miss but damn if it isn;t one of the vita's best games.

Well, did you like LBP1 or 2? This is a worthy entry into the series. Also, given some time it'll probably pay for itself thrice over like the previous two games.

Some of the touch stuff is hit or miss but damn if it isn;t one of the vita's best games.

I haven't played any of them except the demo for the original one. I remember super floaty controls...and yet I'm still interested in this one.

It being on a portable seems like a match made in heaven. I think I might just take the plunge and go for it. The YouTube videos look great.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
There really should be a trial version in the Aussie store.

By the way, if anyone is interested in winning a crown, one of the fan sites started a competition the other day. Clicky
You got until the 15th of November to submit your level. It can be any kind of level as long as it includes touch and tilt in some form.

TheSeks

Boom. 50 unique players down. Now I just need to shake Spacebridge and two others into playing online at the same time, wearing the same outfit and taking turns winning a 4 player level or something. >_>
And then beat SpaceBridge 24 more times for the 25 versus level trophy

Grisby

The Okami user level makes me want a full on vita sequel.

:(
I haven't played any of them except the demo for the original one. I remember super floaty controls...and yet I'm still interested in this one.

It being on a portable seems like a match made in heaven. I think I might just take the plunge and go for it. The YouTube videos look great.
Ah, I see. Well, some people think the controls feel a bit tighter here. I can't say for sure, I still think the game mostly feels like the originals, maybe a bit less floaty.

Can't go wrong for your first LBP though.

Mondriaan

Boom. 50 unique players down. Now I just need to shake Spacebridge and two others into playing online at the same time, wearing the same outfit and taking turns winning a 4 player level or something. >_>
And then beat SpaceBridge 24 more times for the 25 versus level trophy
Not sure if it's the same in this game, but in lbp2 if everyone has a score above zero that's the same, everyone gets credit for winning.

Designing an instant win level for that purpose, assuming it's not a story level only challenge, is not that difficult IIRC. (4 control panels to instantly grab the players and one-time give them 50 points or something, and drop all the players on the scoreboard.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need to play this more. But with RCR, Project Diva, and now Tune and Ragnarok coming soon, my Vita is overflowing. I'll get to it eventually...I promise!

So, I love this game so darn much. It's the best LBP in my opinion. I've actually been creating a level, and I haven't got frustrated at all with it. I'm not the greatest level maker (not even good, lol), but it's way easier to create in LBPVita than in the past games. I think making an object static or able to move around makes a big difference. I hated having to glue things together for them to stay in place. All that the gluing did was make me have more issues than there should have been. Besides that, the single player part of the game was amazing, and I loved every bit of it. The one issue I have is the lag while playing with just one other person online (more than one other person is unplayable). If the game could be patched and the lag fixed, I would really have no qualms. I'll give some examples. I try to join someone (or have them join me) and it keeps telling me that the game leader failed to join. Then, when I do get them to join (or I join them), there is noticeable lag. Using the touch screen to move an object is a hassle due to the lag, and I can see myself running faster than I should, not grabbing things accurately, or jumping is fudged due to the lag. I seriously hope the developers of LBPVita are looking into a fix for the lag. It would make a great game even better, and definitely more enjoyable while playing online.

Top Bottom