• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

fernoca

On the contrary yes you can. All they have to do is print up a backup code.
I'll try redeeming my pre-order code now.
Weird. Maybe they changed things but some years ago they could because it was an UPC/barcode they scanned. Sometime later they changed it so it was linked to the phone number/preorder and in case it didn't worked you had to call customer service or corporate. But good to see they made it easier.

But yeah...big and lame mistake of Sony for not labeling the online pass correctly. Will cause some confusion around the 5 people that buy game. :p

Weird. Maybe they changed things but some years ago they could because it was an UPC/barcode they scanned. Sometime later they changed it so it was linked to the phone number/preorder and in case it didn't worked you had to call customer service or corporate. But good to see they made it easier.

But yeah...big and lame mistake of Sony for not labeling the online pass correctly. Will cause some confusion around the 5 people that buy game. :p

Haha yeah a lot easier now.

And yes you are right, just redeemed my Pre-Order Code and got the two Costume Packs. Update the OP to let people know they aren't getting the costume packs =[

fernoca

And yep, you also get a separate download for the costumes to use on the PS3 game(s).

PsVyH.jpg

Related:
About the online pass/preorder costumes:

-The insert included in all copies is for the online pass, same as all first party Sony games with online multiplayer. The sheet mentions the preorder costumes; but it was a mistake.

-The preorder costumes are separate. Gamestop gives the codes printed on your receipt (is automatic if you preorder so you can't beg for one if you didn't preorder). Amazon sends the code 1-2 days after shipping the game...and so on.

In other words: the insert included is for the online pass only. I just redeemed both codes through the SEN site. :)

On the contrary yes you can. All they have to do is print up a backup code.
I'll try redeeming my pre-order code now.

Haha yeah a lot easier now.

And yes you are right, just redeemed my Pre-Order Code and got the two Costume Packs. Update the OP to let people know they aren't getting the costume packs =[

Shouldn't the code in the game box be invalid after you use it? also. how do i get the preorder DLC? it still shows online pass only.

EDIT: just saw the last page. lame. when i "preordered" it didn't have the code on the receipt. taht was the day the game came out early.

Shouldn't the code in the game box be invalid after you use it? also. how do i get the preorder DLC? it still shows online pass only.

EDIT: just saw the last page. lame. when i "preordered" it didn't have the code on the receipt. taht was the day the game came out early.

yeah you got it now. You could ALWAYS try and go to a diff gamestop, preorder it, wait till the release date and buy it, use the code, then return the new copy to the first gamestop or something. =p

And no that isnt return fraud and if it is...oh well.

baekshi

Banned
if anyone wants to play, or get trophies ... add me, psn in my profile.

when you add, put gaf in the message so i know where its coming from.

yeah you got it now. You could ALWAYS try and go to a diff gamestop, preorder it, wait till the release date and buy it, use the code, then return the new copy to the first gamestop or something. =p

i'll just ask Syroc ;P

baekshi

Banned

i emailed gamestop, asked in person, emailed sony... no go =(

sonys response, clearly didnt read;
Hello,

Thank you for responding. My name is Amanda, I am more than happy to further assist you today.

As Sony™ is the Publisher for this game, we are not in control of the promotional offers offered by certain retailers. As this offer in question is not a Sony™ promotion.

The promotional offer for a bonus costumes upon pre-order of LittleBigPlanet™ Karting, is a promotion GameStop, as well as many other retailers are running. This is not something we able to address.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
and gamestop having no clue/ copy paste message;
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately we have exhausted our supply of these free items which are listed as while supplies last. As stated in our help section http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Pre-orders.aspx
these items are never guaranteed. We apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Sh0k

i emailed gamestop, asked in person, emailed sony... no go =(

sonys response, clearly didnt read;

and gamestop having no clue/ copy paste message;

Just go to the Gamestop you purchased the game from and ask them for the code. I just did and they gave me a receipt with a backup code. Since the game is already selling, there is no way to do a pre-order, that's why they have backup codes.

Caelestis

I had no idea about the microphone. How do you turn it off? xD

Also, if anyone wants to add me to get some bubble collecting going on for trophies, my psn id is in my profile.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I am absolutely in love with this game. I've been taking my time with it over the weekend, because I don't want to blow through it, bit it's hands down my favorite Vita game so far, although Uncharted, wipEout, Rayman, and Gravity Rush are up there as well.

This game is just so damn charming. Here are some screens I took:

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Yeah, the official release date for the US is still the 25th. Most of Europe will get it later today, Japan tomorrow, and the UK, Ireland, and Germany will get it this Friday.

Hanmik

hmm.. Am I the only one with really bad connections when you play with other people..? I treid 5 games with people yesterday (trying to get the 2xplayers bubbles), and the game lags like shit for me..

Definitely gonna buy it this weekend! Not really that stoked, but all the good words about it makes me want give it a try!

Price of the DD version? The usual 34.99 in PAL land?

I don't see a mention of this, but the voucher codes for the Beta Test Vest are now available for those who took part during the beta.

..now if only I had the game!

°°ToMmY°°;42304469 said:
Definitely gonna buy it this weekend! Not really that stoked, but all the good words about it makes me want give it a try!

Price of the DD version? The usual 34.99 in PAL land?

Guessing it will be this price, picked up a PSN card ready for it, secretly hoping for a PS+ discount on it. Don't get my replacement Vita till tomorrow but will be buying this tonight and downloading on the PS3 ready for it.

hmm.. Am I the only one with really bad connections when you play with other people..? I treid 5 games with people yesterday (trying to get the 2xplayers bubbles), and the game lags like shit for me..

Yeah if they are host it lags terribad for you. But if you host then it's great for you - lagged for them.

Was playing with a guy yesterday who thought this game was COD. Constantly using gay slurs and shitting on his fellow players. Couldn't figure out which person it was in game though so I couldn't report him.

This literally made my day

Haha for real. Everytime I see him play now on my friends list I assume he's on a bathroom break.

We should have some sort of GAFfer-level list sometime in the OP. Should help for the "50 unique players played your level" trophy as well, because I don't think that will be easy considering the relatively small userbase.

Or maybe it will become easier because of it. At least Tarsier/Double 11 decided to make trophies mostly SP-related, so no easy hackjob "get X-trophies with this level" floods on the community side.

Is it just me or do the levels seem a bit harder in this game?
Maybe its all the touch stuff, idk, but they def seem to provide a bit more challenge than the ps3 games

Mondriaan

Played some online yesterday. Quite a few people have really slow connections (watching streaming movies or downloading large files can also have this effect). I bumped into a few with decent connections.

I think turning off your mic means that you also effectively mute everyone else. I probably got kicked once because I wasn't responding to the host.

In-game text entry is actually surprisingly good, though- it's far better than trying to enter text on the iPod touch.

Hanmik

If there is someone who would like to get the (more than one player) bubbles.. please add me.. PSN : Hanmik. I only need those stickers (and one in the Hooks & Beats level, that I simply cannot find)...

1725 Mb. in EU with the latest Patches in effect,.,.!

Picked up a 32GB card in preparation for this so I'm pretty safe. Managed to grab it for £44 on eBay so not much more than the standard price for the 16GB also now got about £80 sitting in my wallet for purchases.

Grisby

Are the pre-order costumes one time use, or will we see these codes online?
The content of the codes are tied to your PSN account and are probably a one time use. I suppose you could try code copying.

The costumes themselves I bet will be up in a couple of months if not outright Day 1 (or whenever the LBP vita store actually goes live).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My Amazon pre-order just updated to shipping soon. I hope they ship this early as the game is officially out in lots of places. I'm in the US btw.

Looks my card was charged too. I had Amazon credit so I had to get it there but I'm glad to save money when it's already pretty tight.

Mondriaan

it's actually easier.

i did enjoy the new speed challenge level. time to get the high score!

Some of the challenge levels seem ridiculous. I don't remember any challenge in any earlier LBP game like the hill-billy shot put level.

I think I played for half an hour and got up to the top ten overall and it was still only good for 2 stars; I'm not even sure what I did right.

Jeels

Okay, can someone let me know if I can buy costumes off the PS3 PS Store, transfer them to my Vita, and they'll show up in LBP Vita?

Top Bottom