• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

billsmugs

UK PSN Version

Just bought LBP of the store "special edition" £30 (comes with the two extras that were previously mentioned).

I found it through a search. (was supposed to go up this friday).

Thanks for posting, I'll grab that quickly!

EDIT: It's not working? Can other people confirm either way please, I'm on a tight download limit this month and don't want to end up needing to download twice :(

Does anyone want to get a group/list together to play each others levels for the 50 plays trophy?

I suspect at this point the user created level quality is quite low. The game simply hasn't been out long enough for much to pop up. Remember, all the user created levels for this game must be created on the Vita. No PS3 levels will be showing up here.

Iacobellis

How in the world do you change the color on costumes that have the little tri-color icon next to them? I assume that means the color is customizable since it shows up green but when I wear it, it's another color.

You have to change the color of the UI. Nothing to your own liking, have to make do with what the developers have used.

billsmugs

Just to confirm, it appears the UK version found via search doesn't work for anyone, there's a bunch of people complaining here too: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Technical-Help/C2-12383-7-Error-when-attempting-to-install-LBP-Vita/td-p/17066302

:(
Guess I'll have to wait till it's actually meant to be out then. (Unless Syroc wants to pull some strings to get it working early for us :p)

EDIT: May not just be UK accounts affected? http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/09/19/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-installs-failing-error-code-c2-12383-7/

EDIT 2: Tons of complaints on the EU blog, Gamespot forums etc. Not sure if they're all UK only though. People saying we might have to wait for a refund then re-buy. I hope not, why did I have to be so impatient?! ;_;

leroidys

I suspect at this point the user created level quality is quite low. The game simply hasn't been out long enough for much to pop up. Remember, all the user created levels for this game must be created on the Vita. No PS3 levels will be showing up here.

Yeah, I mean just play each others 1 second level so that we get the trophy. Not actually to create anything good (yet!).

Cade

Quick question: When you guys redeemed your online passes, did you get the Bioshock and Knights of Old costumes? I thought the codes were separate (I still have my code on my Gamestop receipt) but the paper that has the online pass printed on it says it gives you the BS/KOO costumes.

spats

Just to confirm, it appears the UK version found via search doesn't work for anyone, there's a bunch of people complaining here too: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Technical-Help/C2-12383-7-Error-when-attempting-to-install-LBP-Vita/td-p/17066302

Guess I'll have to wait till it's actually meant to be out then. (Unless Syroc wants to pull some strings to get it working early for us :p)

EDIT: May not just be UK accounts affected? http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/09/19/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-installs-failing-error-code-c2-12383-7/

EDIT 2: Tons of complaints on the EU blog, Gamespot forums etc. Not sure if they're all UK only though. People saying we might have to wait for a refund then re-buy. I hope not, why did I have to be so impatient?! ;_;

I was just gonna go to bed with my Vita and buy it. I guess that's not going to happen.

Iacobellis

Quick question: When you guys redeemed your online passes, did you get the Bioshock and Knights of Old costumes? I thought the codes were separate (I still have my code on my Gamestop receipt) but the paper that has the online pass printed on it says it gives you the BS/KOO costumes.

It was printed incorrectly. Only the code on the receipt gives you the costumes.

Yeah, the user levels online currently are utter garbage. I tried to rush one out myself for launch day but it was such crap I was embarrassed. I mean, I'm still going to be embarrassed by the finished product, but it will be better than most of the mess online currently.

In a week or two the really talented creators will start putting out finished work and off we will go. I used to lurk on a bunch of LBP creator boards and those guys are nuts. Looking forward to that stuff.

But right now... "happy launch day" and "shitty angry birds and or fruit ninja clone" and "this level is slightly in the shape of mario 1-1" is all you will find.

Sheik

Some noob question here.

Are the preorder bonus DLC only offered by Gamestop and Amazon? I could've sworn Bestbuy and Futureshop had it too.

Skyzard

Banned
Terribly sorry guys, just tried downloading it twice myself although it did error out the first time thought it might have just been my slow net. Downloaded it again and it gave me a failed install. Haven't had this problem before with games found through search, sorry you suffered through it too! Going to try downloading it one more time but if there are other complaints then I guess we'll have to wait :/

Ah from a link above it has happened with a different game once...as he mentioned, refunds and that :'( man that would be effort

This happened previously with Tales From Space – in that case SCEE had to refund affected users, and then re-upload the game to the Store. Hopefully this won’t take quite as long to resolve, LBP is a hotly anticipated game.

Still on the store through the search though :/

someone from the forums said:
I have the same problem here in Australia. It's officially release in stores today (20th Sept) and on waking up, downloaded from the Vita PS Store. Same error message C2-12383-7 after 15% installation.

Mine doesn't even get to 15%...going to try downloading again (48 minutes left) and installing in airplane mode..hmm if it lets me..

CoLaN

Ok, what the hell is Sony doing.

Like other people said, the PS store LBP Vita version won't install for anyone AND the game is still available to download.
I don't know if they did actually put a new version up, because now it shows the buy button again. It still doesn't work by redownloading it from the list, and i wont buy it twice to test if the current version available in the store is fixed.

What a mess :(

mclem

I purchased and grabbed LBPVita from PSN in the UK at around 12:10 or so. It's just successfully installed for me. It did stop briefly on 15% and worried me for a bit before moving on, though!

Edit: Hmmm. Patch available. Almost scared to try that :)

Edit2: STEPHEN FRY IS TALKING TO ME.

Skyzard

Banned
Fuck it, I'll download it again, no cap here guys.

how hard would it be to switch the link to the correct file... :S

VanWinkle

By the end of the beta there was a few really great levels, so I'd say in a week or two the output by creators will step up in a major way. Right now its pretty terrible, haha.

Weird, I'm in the psn store now, doesn't have lbp listed in latest, even when I view all the games.

I done a search for it and lbp special edition comes up.

It's also rated very low, 2.37/5.00 195 ratings.

Sorc3r3r

Still silence on Sony side about the install issue of the digital copy.

It is a shame.

Their biggest release of the year onto their new system and this is what we get.
Fail, epic.

CoLaN

Yes, still no official word.

Way to mess the launch of an awesome game. What the hell.

I really hope that they come up with something smart, and not "wait x weeks for a refund". Give out codes to redeem, or whatever, but don't make me and the other people who spent money jump through any hoops. I think the "anger" level is already high enough for many customers.

Duffyside

Banned
If there is ever another LBP game (at this point, I think the series really needs a break, at LEAST), they need to ditch the long, always-the-same-thing tutorials at the beginning of the game. I actually just "paused" my Vita when I put this game in to play today after about five minutes. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

There is more to mobile games taking over than just the abundance of smartphones, Sony. I could have played about five games of Peggle on my iPod touch before this game even loaded, and then another ten during these tutorials. All for like $.99, 1/40th the price of this game.

So this is obviously a problem with the DD, retail should be fine?,and its probably where I should be buying it from despite the small file size.

Sorc3r3r

Yes, still no official word.

Way to mess the launch of an awesome game. What the hell.

I really hope that they come up with something smart, and not "wait x weeks for a refund". Give out codes to redeem, or whatever, but don't make me and the other people who spent money jump through any hoops. I think the "anger" level is already high enough for many customers.

Yep, this is a double mess cause this is the perfect game to have digital.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
The install issues should now be resolved. If you were affected you will need to re-download the game. If you still have problems, let me know so I can tell Sony about it.

Regarding the voucher issues in the US, here is the official statement from Sony.

I hope that everything goes smoothly from now on...

The filesize difference is indeed due to languages.

billsmugs

The install issues should now be resolved. If you were affected you will need to re-download the game. If you still have problems, let me know so I can tell Sony about it.

Regarding the voucher issues in the US, here is the official statement from Sony.

I hope that everything goes smoothly from now on...

The filesize difference is indeed due to languages.

No luck here (UK) I'm getting the C2-12383-7 error at 15% install. I downloaded the game from my download list as the game page says Buy Now.

If it makes a difference, I didn't try it last night so this is the the first time I've downloaded it.

Top Bottom