• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

GruntosUK

Whaat?? Are you jokin?
The game was meant to be out yesterday on the continental Europe, it was listed and ready to be bought, but, you know, it does not work.

So,how are you rating a thing that does not work?
With five little stars?

No I'm not joking. And I was referring to the UK issues (its not out until tomorrow). That should be a review of the game, not some store problem that took 24 hours to get fixed.

Next time a retailer sends me a game a day late, I must remember to rate it lower than I should have cause I had to wait a little bit.

billsmugs

I can find the game on UK store but no buy/download button. The game has jumped to the top of my download list though, so will that now work?

Sorc3r3r

No I'm not joking. And I was referring to the UK issues (its not out until tomorrow). That should be a review of the game, not some store problem that took 24 hours to get fixed.

Next time a retailer sends me a game a day late, I must remember to rate it lower than I should have cause I had to wait a little bit.

We cant on the other side advice a game that does not work.

Ardenyal

Not exactly a fitting analogy. The game downloads just fine, it's the installer that craps out. So it would be the equivalent of finding a square disc in the case or some shit.

A really frustrating issue on both sides i'm sure, this was my most anticipated game on Vita so far :/

mclem

This opening level...is it made using in-game tools? All this animated stuff and fading and..?

There's some intriguing stuff with moving platforms in an early level (the second proper one) made from
accordions
which animate in the expected manner, and I think you'd struggle to do that in the original LBP engine. A more experienced creator may be able to correct me on that, but I'm not sure if they're a new form of bespoke object or still an engine-created entity.

mclem

So,how are you rating a thing that does not work?
With five little stars?

I'd suggest not rating it at all until it's fixed or clear that it won't be. That said, I'm aware that that's a bit of a slippery slope, given that you could argue the same about any bug in any game. A low rating now would be an unfair reflection on the state of the game in a week - unless you can rerate, in which case I urge you to do so when the opportunity arises.

Tailer

Yay I was finally able to install the game, thanks for the fix guys. But I do have one request tho, would it be possible to delete the languages that you don't use? Would really like to save some space on the memory card.

Grinchy

Banned
I only had a chance to play the first couple levels and mess around with my pod, but I can already tell this game is awesome. It looks better than I thought it looked in the beta. The voice acting and presentation are top notch, and the controls feel good.

I also just realized that for the parts of the levels that require multiple people, I can no longer do those on my own haha. I used to be able to do even 4 player challenges on my own with 4 controllers.

Ken

Question: will they make those pre-order costumes DLC for everyone later on? Don't really have time to go out and pre-order in stores but I don't want to miss out if I do end up getting the game. Some of those pre-order costumes look pretty cute.

Ahh, looks like Amazon isn't even offering them any more. :(

Edit: Looks like Gamestop.com is already selling it too. I wonder if the local GS is still taking pre-orders...

billsmugs

Downloaded and installed, suppose I can't complain too much seeing as it shouldn't be out yet :D
Can't play yet, but it seems to start up all right.

V_Ben

Banned
Well, my copy from the UK store won't install at all. That'll teach me for buying a bloody video game. Looks like i'm heading for a refund. Absolutely ridiculous.

Tailer

Loving the game so far, and just finished the mini game unfortunately my battery ran out of life so I will have to recharge it.

Mondriaan

I only had a chance to play the first couple levels and mess around with my pod, but I can already tell this game is awesome. It looks better than I thought it looked in the beta. The voice acting and presentation are top notch, and the controls feel good.

I also just realized that for the parts of the levels that require multiple people, I can no longer do those on my own haha. I used to be able to do even 4 player challenges on my own with 4 controllers.

I don't think there are any challenges that require more than 2 people, so in theory you could do them by yourself with 2 vitas. You know you want that new vita in another color. ;)

Hanmik

Nah I just noticed it was at it's end of it's life so I decided to take a break and recharge it :p

When I played some time ago the battery just blinked and the vita said "Battery low, turning off", and the Vita powered down.. never saw a warning screen.. either I was to occupied with the game to notice the warning or it didn´t warn me.

CoLaN

I'm from Italy and it still doesn't work for me: redownloading the version from the list gives me the same error, and if i go to the ps store there is no download button (or any button), just the description and the score.

Tailer

When I played some time ago the battery just blinked and the vita said "Battery low, turning off", and the Vita powered down.. never saw a warning screen.. either I was to occupied with the game to notice the warning or it didn´t warn me.
Oh maybe it doesn't then, such a long time ago I had my battery completely drained.

Sorc3r3r

I'm from Italy and it still doesn't work for me: redownloading the version from the list gives me the same error, and if i go to the ps store there is no download button (or any button), just the description and the score.

Stessa cosa a me.

I think they are trying to mark as bought the fixed version for who has downloaded the broken one, it will require time, but at least something is moving.

Still no official word by Sony?
Someone has to take responsibility for this mess.

Aspettiamo , non c'e' molto altro da fare.

orioto

Good Art™
hm i mlust be pretty dumb but i'm stuck at a levle where you seemingly have to put a clown nose sticker but i don't know i do it and nothing happen.. Th sticker is white. Does that mean i have it or i should unlock it ?

Mondriaan

hm i mlust be pretty dumb but i'm stuck at a levle where you seemingly have to put a clown nose sticker but i don't know i do it and nothing happen.. Th sticker is white. Does that mean i have it or i should unlock it ?

I don't remember any level with clown nose sticker activated switches. Maybe you need to touch some glowing blocks with either the back touch or front touch?

Still no official word by Sony?
Someone has to take responsibility for this mess.

Posted this earlier. Syroc's been busy, but they are taking the necessary steps to rectify the situation:

https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/littlebigplanet_ps_vita_install_issues_eu_only

Hi all,

As you may know there have been some issues with the digital version of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on the PlayStation Store in Europe.

First of all let me apologise for all the inconveniences this has caused you.

While these issues are not 100% resolved yet, I would like to let you know what the current status is.

If you have bought the game between 18:45 and 22:55 (BST) on 19-09-2012 you may have received the following error code: C2-12383-7. If that is the case you will receive a refund. As soon as I have more information for you, I will update this post.
If you did not receive an Online Pass with your digital copy you can now go to the PS Store and download the online pass for free.
Finally, if you are buying the game now you should encounter none of these issues!

Again, we are very sorry that this happened. We promise to update this post as soon as we have more information to share

If any other issues come up, let either Syroc, gruntosuk, or myself know what's up so we can get the problems taken to the right peeps. getsatisfaction is also another place to get your issues heard as the QA team checks that out consistently: https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet

Skyzard

Banned
Still mad about the download -_-

Still not fixed

Still no refund

Still no update to tell us how we are supposed to get a refund.

Sorc3r3r

Posted this earlier. Syroc's been busy, but they are taking the necessary steps to rectify the situation:

https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/littlebigplanet_ps_vita_install_issues_eu_only

If any other issues come up, let either Syroc, gruntosuk, or myself know what's up so we can get the problems taken to the right peeps. getsatisfaction is also another place to get your issues heard as the QA team checks that out consistently: https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet

Thank you.

orioto

Good Art™
Maybe take a screenshot to show us where you are exactly that you're lost

It's ok i found what i had to do! Sometimes you see something that seems to be for later and you don't notice there is something to do. (I had to move a block to make a ball fall and trigger a button).

Still mad about the download -_-

Still not fixed

Still no refund

Still no update to tell us how we are supposed to get a refund.

Have you tried searching for littlebigplanet vita again instead of trying your download list? It should properly come up with the download option instead of "buy now."

EDIT: Never mind, it's not there again. xD

For low battery, there will be a short popup (like a trophy) warning you that your battery is low. It only lasts about 10minutes past that.

Ardenyal

Have you tried searching for littlebigplanet vita again instead of trying your download list? It should properly come up with the download option instead of "buy now."
8005989461_3e2a1f2049_b.jpg

No download option, no buy now option. On PS3 it says the content can not be accessed with my account... The store rep on PSBlog says it's fixed but evidently it's not.

Foshy

Mutant Blobs Attack had the exact same problem at release. Write an e-mail to your region's Playstation support and they should refund you in a few days.

Hanmik

For low battery, there will be a short popup (like a trophy) warning you that your battery is low. It only lasts about 10minutes past that.

I know that (seen it twice during Gravity Rush)... but somehow I missed it when I played LBP.. so I was wondering if others have expirienced the same..?

Skyzard

Banned

Yes I tried searching for it again today but it isn't there. There is a group of LBP stuff under the "latest" tab - LBP SE but it is just the items and network pass etc.

It did show up yesterday (with a Buy Now) but of course I wasn't going to buy it twice.. today it doesn't appear in the store at all (UK - perhaps tomorrow).

It is still on my download list, same position. Tried downloading again (6 times now ;) ) but it didn't work.

Just not sure what I am expected to do to get a refund or if I am expected to do anything...is it automatic? Since apparently it happened to everyone who downloaded it between certain times.

Should we expect any solution any time soon? As lame as it sounds I can't really afford to pick it up twice and wait for the refund down the line..

No download option, no buy now option. On PS3 it says the content can not be accessed with my account... The store rep on PSBlog says it's fixed but evidently it's not.

Yes I tried searching for it again today but it isn't there. There is a group of LBP stuff under the "latest" tab - LBP SE but it is just the items and network pass etc.

It did show up yesterday (with a Buy Now) but of course I wasn't going to buy it twice.. today it doesn't appear in the store at all (UK - perhaps tomorrow).

It is still on my download list, same position. Tried downloading again (6 times now ;) ) but it didn't work.

Just not sure what I am expected to do to get a refund or if I am expected to do anything...is it automatic? Since apparently it happened to everyone who downloaded it between certain times.

Should we expect any solution any time soon? As lame as it sounds I can't really afford to pick it up twice and wait for the refund down the line..

Yeah, that's really weird considering it was working just a couple of hours ago. Probably taken down to ensure it was completely working.

I've let peeps know what's up, so hopefully we can get some proper resolution with what's going on. I'm sure Syroc will drop in with some answers sooner rather than later. Big apologies for the inconvenience guys! >__<

MisterC20XX

Today + 5 days = LBP in my Vita!

The wait has been grueling but I'm in the home stretch. In other random news, LBP is now the Vita's #1 scoring game on Metacritic and GameRankings. :)

derwalde

how do i access the online mode? i installed the network pass but there are no new options. arent the servers up yet (EU/GER)?

Top Bottom