• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Hanmik

Damn.. this is really stupid.. how can they mess up the Digital versions like this..?`

btw.. you guys that get the error ..are you in the UK..?

goonergaz

It's not out in the UK until tomorrow (21st) - apparently the issue is now resolved.

Can't believe this will be 'only' £30 on PSN and include the online code...that's just a smidge more than the cheapest hard-copy version...and much as I'd love a case I know I'll never sell LBPV so I'll go digital :)

edit - that'll teach me to post before I look! I couldn't find LBP last night will check tonight...

It's not out in the UK until tomorrow (21st) - apparently the issue is now resolved.

Can't believe this will be 'only' £30 on PSN and include the online code...that's just a smidge more than the cheapest hard-copy version...and much as I'd love a case I know I'll never sell LBPV so I'll go digital :)

edit - that'll teach me to post before I look! I couldn't find LBP last night will check tonight...

Same will be picking it up digital, just got a text from courier company and my replacement Vita should be arriving between 12 and 1 today, just in time! :)

Hanmik

this whole DD issue is not good for the game.. it sucks because it is not the developers fault, it is Sony´s Store team for messing up the download.. but it is the developers who get hurt by this. The game has a 2,5 out of 5 star rating on the store right now.. which it clearly does not deserve..

how hard can it be to upload the game..? most reviewers got the digital version weeks ago, and that worked like a charm..

Hanmik

sorry for the double post.. put Fake kaz even makes fun of this..

KGAa1.jpg

mclem

The weird thing is the fact that it's not a universal problem; as I said, I picked it up yesterday and it's been working fine for me, played through a level on the bus into work. FWIW, my "12:10" was probably a little earlier, more like 11:30ish, I started the download when watching QIXL (Appropriate!), not when watching Only Connect, which I'd forgotten.

billsmugs

this whole DD issue is not good for the game.. it sucks because it is not the developers fault, it is Sony´s Store team for messing up the download.. but it is the developers who get hurt by this. The game has a 2,5 out of 5 star rating on the store right now.. which it clearly does not deserve..

how hard can it be to upload the game..? most reviewers got the digital version weeks ago, and that worked like a charm..
After the unexpected US street date removal and now this, I really do feel sorry for the devs. I hope they can sort this out soon though, I can't keep downloading 1.6GB again and again. Strictly speaking I probably could have done without downloading it even once with my usage limit this month :D

Should we expect a fix today, or will it start working on Friday when it was supposed to launch?

GruntosUK

ergh...not happy with £37...they said on the blog that it included online...any updates?

No, but I worked on the game, so I have informed the relevant people its a problem. It should definitely come with it so there seems to be an issue. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. :)

billsmugs

Only in the uk is launching tomorrow, in the continental Europe it was scheduled for yesterday, so why should it work tomorrow?
Oh, I assumed that the fix they announced was working for non UK customers and that the continued errors were just because we weren't meant to have it yet. If the 'fixed' version still doesn't work for other EU buyers then that's even more ridiculous! Sony's incompetance is just plain baffling at times.

goonergaz

No, but I worked on the game, so I have informed the relevant people its a problem. It should definitely come with it so there seems to be an issue. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. :)

many thanks - it makes sense that digital should get the network pass by default as you can't sell it on anyway...my understanding is that the network pass is there to protect devs/Sony from 2nd hand market.

Tailer

You also need to tell them to communicate a lot more, I can imagine there less stress in the forum/blog. Thanks for responding by the way.

Got it today. Enjoying it more than the console versions (whether because of the level design or being much more handheld friendly I dont know). Congratulations tarsier and double eleven.

GruntosUK

Network pass is now free from the store with a digital download (I had to download separately), you can thank Mr Syroc for sorting that :)

many thanks - it makes sense that digital should get the network pass by default as you can't sell it on anyway...my understanding is that the network pass is there to protect devs/Sony from 2nd hand market.

Yes its to get something back from the second hand market I think, its all working now, I just tried it to confirm :)

You also need to tell them to communicate a lot more, I can imagine there less stress in the forum/blog. Thanks for responding by the way.

The community guys are crazy busy as you'd expect with a game launch and all the problems added on top, once the kinks are ironed out they'll be around a lot more I'd expect :)

I purchased in the early hours of this morning (UK) and it installed and works just fine.

It seems as if you've downloaded it prior to them making initial change in the PSN store last night, your digital copy is fine. If not, you're still stuck with the error every time you redownload. They've also removed the game from the search function recently, so investigation is occurring as we speak.

Psykotik

the game has been out in asia for about two days now i think? got mine off the singapore PSN store yesterday with no problems.

7583cd6d3e2d18570e9153ae6dd007e9ee36c4cb.JPG

f49b9f1706343b2a2562718948e0f5661143716a.JPG

mshlive

I also purchased the UK version this morning, at about 9am. Not had any problems so far, it's glorious.

£30 for the DD release this is awesome, maybe Sony are learning...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Purchased half an hour ago off PSN, no problems here.

This opening level...is it made using in-game tools? All this animated stuff and fading and..?

GruntosUK

Purchased half an hour ago off PSN, no problems here.

This opening level...is it made using in-game tools? All this animated stuff and fading and..?

Everything we have done in the game is done with the exact same tools you have access to, we had no special cheats to help us :)

Hanmik

i just checked the Danish store.. the game is there now.. or sort off..

z8GU9.jpg

only a network pass and a DLC thing appears for me.. (maybe that is because I own the game allready)..

Twinduct

Yep. It shows up on the storefront, but there's no download button.
Ouch at the rating.

To clarify, South African Store. Both the game and the online pass is showing up as 'Free', but not being able to download.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is there a list of what costume packs are already converted from LBP1/2 to LBPV? I bought some packs today but none of them are downloadable :| what a stupid way to waste $20. I know that most/all will be converted by December... but gah.

Also, anyone who pre-ordered from amazon get their DLC codes yet?

GruntosUK

Yep. It shows up on the storefront, but there's no download button.
Ouch at the rating.

To clarify, South African Store. Both the game and the online pass is showing up as 'Free', but not being able to download.

Yeah I'm a bit peeved at that rating to be honest, people buy it before launch, it doesn't work (to be expected really if its not supposed to be there) and so the game is shit because of it.

Syroc's just posted an update on the situation:

https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/littlebigplanet_ps_vita_install_issues_eu_only

Hi all,

As you may know there have been some issues with the digital version of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on the PlayStation Store in Europe.

First of all let me apologise for all the inconveniences this has caused you.

While these issues are not 100% resolved yet, I would like to let you know what the current status is.

If you have bought the game between 18:45 and 22:55 (BST) on 19-09-2012 you may have received the following error code: C2-12383-7. If that is the case you will receive a refund. As soon as I have more information for you, I will update this post.
If you did not receive an Online Pass with your digital copy you can now go to the PS Store and download the online pass for free.
Finally, if you are buying the game now you should encounter none of these issues!

Again, we are very sorry that this happened. We promise to update this post as soon as we have more information to share

Tailer

Ok, finished redownloading it and it still isn't working... Will there be a refund?
Edit: never mind... Well lol.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Syroc's just posted an update on the situation:
Hi all,

As you may know there have been some issues with the digital version of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on the PlayStation Store in Europe.

First of all let me apologise for all the inconveniences this has caused you.

While these issues are not 100% resolved yet, I would like to let you know what the current status is.

If you have bought the game between 18:45 and 22:55 (BST) on 19-09-2012 you may have received the following error code: C2-12383-7. If that is the case you will receive a refund. As soon as I have more information for you, I will update this post.
If you did not receive an Online Pass with your digital copy you can now go to the PS Store and download the online pass for free.
Finally, if you are buying the game now you should encounter none of these issues!

Again, we are very sorry that this happened. We promise to update this post as soon as we have more information to share.

https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/littlebigplanet_ps_vita_install_issues_eu_only
Thanks for re-posting that. :)

Twinduct

Yeah I'm a bit peeved at that rating to be honest, people buy it before launch, it doesn't work (to be expected really if its not supposed to be there) and so the game is shit because of it.

Well from what I gathered, it was used as a means to 'grab' Sony's attention to the issue. Lets just hope everyone goes back and rerates it. It's nice and dandy when there was an issue, but people viewing the product in the store would think it's a rating on the game's quality and not an issue that was fixed within a day.

It's back up on the store for me and price shows as "free".
Looks to be the fixed installer this time, network pass was added to the download queue automatically.

billsmugs

In fairness, some people might not know the real release date, also if the store takes your money then the game should work. Hopefully the rating will be reset when everything is fixed though.

With regards to the refund, will that happen automatically and soon? Why can't they just change the file that the download list links to? If there is a working version then it shouldn't be an issue surely?

Sorc3r3r

Whaat?? Are you jokin?
The game was meant to be out yesterday on the continental Europe, it was listed and ready to be bought, but, you know, it does not work.

So,how are you rating a thing that does not work?
With five little stars?

Thanks for re-posting that. :)

You know I got your back, homie!

Fabthegnome said:
It's back up on the store for me and price shows as "free".
Looks to be the fixed installer this time, network pass was added to the download queue automatically.
Can confirm this as well. If you've had that issue where you downloaded it at a certain time yesterday, it should show up with the download option if you search for the game.

Dohers.

I know if you worked hard on something it must suck to see that happen, especially when its not your fault. That said, surely you can understand as a consumer that it's annoying when you buy something and it doesn't work.

Maybe Sony should have a system like on Apple's App Store where you can see what the rating is for that version of the software. So the rating of the latest version is unaffected by a previous broken version.

Tailer

I know if you worked hard on something it must suck to see that happen, especially when its not your fault. That said, surely you can understand as a consumer that it's annoying when you buy something and it doesn't work.

Maybe Sony should have a system like on Apple's App Store where you can see what the rating is for that version of the software. So the rating of the latest version is unaffected by a previous broken version.
See this guy knows what he's talking about.

Replacement Vita has arrived! 4pm needs to hurry up so I can get out of work and get home. Can anyone confirm is the game is up or down on the UK Store? Really hoping that it is still there when I get home.

Top Bottom