• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP had a poor launch on Steam with only 800 players

I dug up my old X360 still last year. Been playing the hell out of Rock Band 3 with it. Might as well dig up my old X360 games too since it is already hooked up
At this point, you might as well have your old systems out and hooked up to your CRT TV. Games back then were actually made with love, unlike today.

I always have my 360 S within arms reach. Never know when that itch to play Condemned 2 or The Godfather game will creep up.
Bro, I'm playing through my copy right now. First playthrough, and wow. Very atmospheric, I love it.

Edit: And the graphics! The CRT TV gives it that oomph that modern TV/monitors don't have.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's PC, if a game like GOW is only averaging 3/4k what makes you think Lollipop will do better or equal.
God of War launched with a 70k peak at launch. 3000 are playing it concurrently now - 3 years after launch.

poppabk

70k is that for a small country or world wide
World wide? For a single player game with no hype that is pretty good for a concurrent players total - and it's 100 times the amount for this game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
World wide? For a single player game with no hype that is pretty good for a concurrent players total - and it's 100 times the amount for this game.
Well Ragnarok sold 5.1m in it's first week.
Do you think it's concurrent players was 70k for that week on PS5.
My point is the player count is expected, especially on PC.

poppabk

Well Ragnarok sold 5.1m in it's first week.
Do you think it's concurrent players was 70k for that week on PS5.
My point is the player count is expected, especially on PC.
We don't know probably a peak in the 750k range but that was a hyped game for PS5.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Read some rumour that IGN and others are refusing to review/cover the re-release. Is that accurate? I'm honestly not surprised by these modern day gaming activists anymore, if that's the case.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Apparently some (if not all) codes were not sent out for review. One podcast I listened to couldn't even find a PR person and was thinking they are self-publishing it. Not mush marketing for it.

Ulysses 31

Had it been a faithful port/remaster I would have been totally on board since my X360 doesn't work anymore and series X BC is a damn joke.

But now I'm just gone to break down and buy another X360.
If your PC is up to it, the PS3 version emulated seems like a good remaster too at 4K 60fps.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This part is still in the game.
It has as far as I know been altered. I have not seen this anywhere but the original version. Correct me if I'm wrong. Footage of RePOP doesn't seem to have it.

1a6b533a9d9d2640100df70112ef1bb2.jpg

In addition we have recently learned that some costumes were removed due to licensing issues or just do not exist in RePOP.

Missing costumes include

Busujima Saeko
Haruna
Shiro
Manya Chifusa
Miyamoto Rei
Little Jimmy Urine
Ash Outfit(Evil Dead)
Goth Outfit
Funky Outfit
Pin-Up Outfit

Comparison

Seems a bit much.

dcx4610

It wasn't promoted very well. I didn't even know about it. $40 is also a bit much for a 360 era game even if it's a remaster. $20-30 max for games like this.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It has as far as I know been altered. I have not seen this anywhere but the original version. Correct me if I'm wrong. Footage of RePOP doesn't seem to have it.

1a6b533a9d9d2640100df70112ef1bb2.jpg

Looks like this happens if you change either the Original or Repop mode. The "Original" mode is as faithful as they can be to the original minus licensed songs and some outfits.

Top Bottom