• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Excellency said:
Rumours are that the police will be using rubber bullets tonight. The only way you can kill someone with a rubber bullet is if you get them directly in the eye. Hope they've been practising their headshots!

Rubber bullets haven't been used in the UK in decades, they were heavy tubes of solid rubber, no wonder they caused so many injuries and deaths. We used to find them all over the place when we were kids, if you were lucky you found the shell they were shot out of too!

Mr. Sam said:
Just had a chap from Sierra Leone in the office. He described the English as "weak and docile" and said we needed to get some rubber bullets and water cannons up in here.
You should at least have a real riot squad. Without a show of arms somewhere I'm sure rioters don't feel threatened, especially in such large groups. Once a projectile of any kind comes your way, you know you're not safe. You guys should give Vancouver a ring, I hear they've had practice recently.

Salazar

Alx said:
Looked like nice old buildings there... :(

Old buildings in London more often than not have frighteningly suspect brickwork. That place looks legit.

Dmax3901 said:
I suppose they all were at some stage, yes.

Reading any post in Dylan Moran's voice elevates it into the realm of decent comedy.

Rocked

Hearing shops are being boarded off in Crystal Palace, Hounslow and Hackney.... I can tell it's all gonna kick off again soon! :-/

OG Kush

Peru said:
Of course these aren't protesters, or socially engaged / enraged activists - they're kids who don't give a shit about anything, violent kids, thieving kids. It's possible, though, without being bleeding heart, to say that a lot of measures need to be taken that are not about restricting these particular kids from doing violence. I mean, that has to be done, but you can't round them up and then say 'problem solved'. There's a reason so many people don't give a fuck about common decency, and it's the politicans' problem in the end.
The system built this youth society..
And now the society is burning down the system..

Jintor

article20238740d5b9e0c0.jpg

Chinner

Banned
im just going to be pre-emptive here and ask that would you kindly not quote the tdk quote? i know you're going to do it but jesus.

snap0212 said:
I really doubt they want to go after the rich people. They just want free stuff.
Well that's what I thought until they started raiding homes/restaurants, literally taking the rings off peoples fingers and the clothes off of peoples backs

Dead Man

V_Arnold said:
The endgame really is here, huh.
Teenagers these days... not all of them, no. But those who are out on the streets for BLOOD and for loot should deserve what is coming for them.

They are asking for it, and they will get it.
Disturbing on one hand, and...well, cant really express the feeling on the other hand.
"Interesting" times just does not cut it. Horrible times does, but it is not exact.

All I can say is that if this forces those who would never do things like this, and we can finally ENFORCE laws and morals on our society with whatever the tools we have to use, the better. There needs to be changes done.
A stick is certainly necessary, but if kids don't see a carrot it will only result in a huge prison population like the US.

Jezbollah

Meus Renaissance said:
Police officer in Westminster saying cells are full. If hundreds have already been taken in, where are they going to put the ones after tonight?

They're already shipping them out to police stations outside of the capital.

Chinner

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Police officer in Westminster saying cells are full. If hundreds have already been taken in, where are they going to put the ones after tonight?
send them to Dartmoor, obviously.

Casp0r

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Rubber bullets are really meant to be shot at the ground as to hit protestors with a weakended ricochet.

Fuck that aim for the eyes. These fuckers don't deserve sight.

Jburton said:
Here are what baton rounds look like!

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae215/winterknife/37mmbatons.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The fuck? I always thought they were akin to rubber paintballs that are much larger. I was wrong. Why would you ever put yourself in a position to be hit by that shit?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Meus Renaissance said:
Well there's this handy river in the middle of the city they can use.

jorma

is now taking requests
Jintor said:
he's not saying youth clubs are bad, he's saying it's irrelevant to the larger picture of why rioting is occuring. I don't agree for the record but he does have the point that really it's about people's morality rather than simply about the facilities available to them

Yes it is about people's morality but you are not going to affect that morality by ignoring them until they go violent and then hitting them hard. That's my own experience having grown up in an environment where police and politicians and the general public shits all over you, all the time. I've seen police purjor themselves just to get at me, thinking "if he didnt do this, he probably did something else to deserve it". It's really frustrating, and i still don't trust any of the fuckers after that. Even though i did turn out fine.

And even if the shitting upon is deserved it does exactly nothing to change their morality in the long term. Rubber bullets might sate the bloodthirst of the general public and stop the riots for now, but it's unfortunate that shit has to go that far, because it will only ensure that the next generation learns their hatred of the police directly from the tits of their mothers. Downward spiral and all that.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Salazar said:
Need a sense of scale on that baton rounds pic.

About the same size as the cardboard tube on the inside of a roll of toilet paper.

I've fired one out of a grenade launcher, those suckers hit HARD.

TheNiX said:
The fuck? I always thought they were akin to rubber paintballs that are much larger. I was wrong. Why would you ever put yourself in a position to be hit by that shit?

There are types that fire rubber balls as well, often with chemicals similar to pepper spray and such on em for crowd dispersal.

Jburton

Banned
TheNiX said:

In Ireland there are real issues to protest about!

But nobody wilfully gets in the road of these things!

Murkas

Meus Renaissance said:

Cram them in with them. Employ those Japanese fellows who's job is to ram people into already full trains during rush hour.

BattleMonkey said:
There are types that fire rubber balls as well, often with chemicals similar to pepper spray and such on em for crowd dispersal.

It's 2 for 1 in Domino's tonight. I will gladly sit and watch all night if they bust out the guns.

Chinner said:
im just going to be pre-emptive here and ask that would you kindly not quote the tdk quote? i know you're going to do it but jesus.
These riots are snowballing like... a Tangerine... rolling... in the snow. !!

Innit?

Jburton

Banned
OG Kush said:
Whats with so much hate towards "innit"? I can't lie, I use it sometimes - its jst slang .. why so much hate?

Because it is not slang for these muppets, but their everyday use of vocabulary!

What a bunch of ignorant fuckholes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom