• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lpmhp3BqC71qbfvibo1_500.jpg

How is this man in control of one of the world's most important cities?

It was funny when he was elected 3 years ago, but the chickens are coming home to roost now. :(

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mecha_Infantry said:
I heard ATB was pretty bad, but do remember some of us are from these areas and still use these words, even though we are educated, etc!

Wimbledon is on lock down now, my work has shut down

ATB went just a bit overboard yes ;)

Ugh, he walked off. Why is he walking away? Answer them, challenge them but for gods sake don't run away as soon as you come across some angry people. Mayor of London? pft

Bleepey

Zenith said:
For all the rioters posting on twitter, some must have posted enough detail to work out their adddresses. Couldn't we send fake tweets saying we're going to go loot & burn their house if they're out rioting tonight?

Think of the other innpcent peole in the council estates.

Zenith

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
You could; I don't know if it's exactly advisable.

It might actually achieve something, even if it's only 2 or 3 rioters staying in. Everyone in this thread is so angry and frustrated at being able to do nothing but we could actually put our trolling skills to good use.

Think of the other innpcent peole in the council estates.

fake tweets. you make it sound angry enough (think Daily Mail commenter) you could scare them into thinking they might be in danger. It's not like they're going to go to the police.

eggybob said:
There's a few people in the law firm I work at refusing to leave. Nothings going to happen in wimbledon, its way too upper class.

Where do you work? I'm on Hartfield Road behind the Morrisons. I doubt anything will happen there, you're right...It's almost stupid why we decided to shut down

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meus Renaissance said:
Ugh, he walked off. Why is he walking away? Answer them, challenge them but for gods sake don't run away as soon as you come across some angry people. Mayor of London? pft

I want to see him cycling through the hotspots tonight, or he should resign.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
panda21 said:
Wtf? Why?! I live near there :(
Its because there's been some rumours wimbledon would be hit. That's all there going on. Everywhere will be shut by 330 if it isn't now.

They should get firetrucks out to spray looters with dyed water. That way, police could easily identify these people and pick them out individually in the following days.

StuBurns

Banned
IdreamofHIME said:
How is this man in control of one of the world's most important cities?

It was funny when he was elected 3 years ago, but the chickens are coming home to roost now. :(
He hates the north and is a minor celebrity, no one else stood a chance.

Dakota47

Shotgun Kiss said:
They should get firetrucks out to spray looters with dyed water. That way, police could easily identify these people and pick them out individually in the following days.

Good idea. I suggest smurf blue paint.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Mecha_Infantry said:
Where do you work? I'm on Hartfield Road behind the Morrisons. I doubt anything will happen there, you're right...It's almost stupid why we decided to shut down
Literally opposite the station, a couple of police are around near it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
HollywoodHeroes said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/11c63ut.jpg[IMG]

London coming together to clean up after the riots.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, shouldn't laugh but that's like something out of a Simon Pegg film.

Dead Man

Maleficence said:
Eventually yes, but the body heals much easier and quicker than someone's livelihood.
Generally, yes. But some people in here are acting like people have had their whole lives ruined by having their car damaged. Yes, people are fucking things up, and they should be caught and locked up. For people out of work, and having their businesses damaged especially. But lives are not being permanently ruined to the point some people are talking about.

Edit: Except the poor fuckers that are dead, of course.

panda21

eggybob said:
Its because there's been some rumours wimbledon would be hit. That's all there going on. Everywhere will be shut by 330 if it isn't now.

oh, well i hope they don't shut the tube, have they said anything about that?

Dead Man said:
Actually... yes, they will.

Some places won't be able to recover from the losses/damages. Maybe their businesses weren't doing well and most places don't get in the green till holiday season. Will they be able to rebuild/restock and get back in business in time for holiday season? And if they do, will people actually buy stuff after they already stole the stuff esp. in this economy?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so an update so far.

riots have kicked off in brixton.
chatham high street is closed with a few buildings near primark on fire.
eltham is closed due to argos an mc donalds being raided..
its starting to kick off in bellinham too now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom