• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Jburton said:
Wow, you have very poor information in regards to the use of baton round usage in the North of Ireland!

Baton rounds where used against young people in Belfast not more than a few weeks ago ...... almost 100 fired in the space of a few hours against far smaller numbers than those looting and rioting in London!

Funny how its ok to use such force upon citizens of the same country, who by the way where rioting over real issues ...... but not against a group of scumbags looking to cause mayhem and to line their pockets.

Against the IRA!

Get a clue before spouting lies!

I didn't know this, I stand corrected. And I'm very surprised they are still being used over there, we hear nothing about it here.

I really don't think firing potentially lethal rounds into kids and teenagers will help things though.

SmokyDave

Lucius86 said:

n129753_I_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg
This is not the correct response. You kill the cancer, not the patient.

Jburton

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
I didn't know this, I stand corrected. And I'm very surprised they are still being used over there, we hear nothing about it here.

I really don't think firing potentially lethal rounds into kids and teenagers will help things though.

Fair enough sir, the media keeps such things under wraps to promote the falsehood of normality reigning supreme in Ireland.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
kicking off in brixton again riots going on there now

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
StuBurns said:
Is everything in poundland exactly one pound?
One pound or less.

ashley678 said:
kicking off in brixton again riots going on there now
Oh for cock's sake. Hopefully they stay away from the hill, or is that where they consider the "rich" to live.

Jburton

Banned
Infinite_Daremo said:
Its Poundland! Who the hell robs a store so dirt cheap?

Sad, pathetic people!

Neuter the lot of them!

The idea of these types of people breeding is scary! ........ I can't imagine people so ignorant and downright stupid raising children!

Imagine the offspring!

Busty

Banned
BREAKING.....

Owing to the violence in London all Carling Cup matches have been postponed apart from Leeds and Millwall who have declared it 'Ladies Night'.

...don't forget to tip your waitress. I'm here all week.

Rumours are that the police will be using rubber bullets tonight. The only way you can kill someone with a rubber bullet is if you get them directly in the eye. Hope they've been practising their headshots!

Lakitu

st5fu
Jburton said:
Sad, pathetic people!

Neuter the lot of them!

The idea of these types of people breeding is scary! ........ I can't imagine people so ignorant and downright stupid raising children!

Imagine the offspring!

Yeah it really is fucking frightening.

snap0212

BGBW said:
Oh for cock's sake. Hopefully they stay away from the hill, or is that where they consider the "rich" to live.
I really doubt they want to go after the rich people. They just want free stuff.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
14.05 We're getting initial reports that shops and banks in Uxbridge are closing down following rumours of a riot planned for 3pm. Around 100 officers are in the town centre.

Falt

Heart goes out to anyone affected by the last few days, truly mind blowing stuff.

Moving to Stratford, London tomorrow from Dublin. Arriving by Ferry at Hollyhead, driving from there on.

Little anxious as we don't know the area, and we're in a big red van with Irish plates. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

snap0212 said:
I really doubt they want to go after the rich people. They just want free stuff.

My friends live further up the hil, her most recent tweet
"over heard a woman say she was chucked out of Brixton library as the riots are in Camberwell. Police shot off in that direction #londonriots"

Salazar

Leonsito said:
For a non native english speaker... what the fuck does "innit" means ?

It's just a moronic way to add emphasis to a statement. It assumes that one's interlocutor enthusiastically agrees with whatever one is saying.

For example, "these trainers I looted is brilliant, innit".

Jintor

jorma said:
I'm not sure why youth clubs are bad. If you can get kids to hang out in places where there are some adult supervision, how is that a bad thing? It's great that you grew up fine in the slummier parts of london but isnt it pretty obvious that the bootstrap method does not work for everyone?

he's not saying youth clubs are bad, he's saying it's irrelevant to the larger picture of why rioting is occuring. I don't agree for the record but he does have the point that really it's about people's morality rather than simply about the facilities available to them

Sounds like its starting again in Brixton. The Ritzy cinema (in Brixton) as been advised to close down for the day. I Was planning to see Super 8 today as well. Great.

ittoryu

Mecha_Infantry said:
Confirmed: NO rubber bullets, NO water-cannons

1400: Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh says plastic bullets - never used before during British disturbances - have been considered as "one of the tactics" available to officers at the riots.
"That's a tactic that will be used by the Metropolitan Police if deemed necessary," he says.

From the BBC

Wilbur

Banned
Absolutely fucked off at some of the looks I've been given in Croydon today purely because I'm young. To be associated with those idiots riles me.

Was in a pub in Sutton last night when it came on the news, and they closed at half 9 and we were sent home as a precaution. Work closed at 2, Reeves is destroyed, Orange shop in the centre had it's window smashed and I took some pictures of a burnt out bus and it's stop.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
snap0212 said:
Didn't you hear it was every rich person who shot that one kid. Their fingerprints were all over the weapon.

Leonsito said:
For a non native english speaker... what the fuck does "innit" means ?
"This is the case is it not." or "I'm the bane of society please fuck my face".

Jburton

Banned
okdakor said:
Someone should tell the innocent kids to stay at home tonight...

For the others :
KrvdY.gif

People I am referring to as having been killed by baton rounds where not killed at night or during a riot!

And I agree with you, these scumbags should be hit and hit hard.

Mr. Sam

Just had a chap from Sierra Leone in the office. He described the English as "weak and docile" and said we needed to get some rubber bullets and water cannons up in here.

ittoryu said:
1400: Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh says plastic bullets - never used before during British disturbances - have been considered as "one of the tactics" available to officers at the riots.
"That's a tactic that will be used by the Metropolitan Police if deemed necessary," he says.

From the BBC

I can't remember his name, but someone from the police (quite high up) just said on Sky news that they won't use rubber batons/bullets or water cannons

-Sir Hugh Orde, dude just said he was running stuff in N.Ireland, knows the drama involved in using rubber

V_Arnold

The endgame really is here, huh.
Teenagers these days... not all of them, no. But those who are out on the streets for BLOOD and for loot should deserve what is coming for them.

They are asking for it, and they will get it.
Disturbing on one hand, and...well, cant really express the feeling on the other hand.
"Interesting" times just does not cut it. Horrible times does, but it is not exact.

All I can say is that if this forces those who would never do things like this, and we can finally ENFORCE laws and morals on our society with whatever the tools we have to use, the better. There needs to be changes done.

Jburton

Banned
ittoryu said:

From the BBC

I have been hit by a plastic bullet baton round in the leg ......... that shit will stop you where you stand!

And for those that do not know what they look like, imagine the inner cardboard tube of a toilet roll made of solid plastic coming at you at around 100 mph ( if not more ).

Deadly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom