• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
panda21 said:
oh, well i hope they don't shut the tube, have they said anything about that?
I'm on it now, they didn't say anything about the trains stopping apart from that there was no service to croydon

Dead Man said:
Generally, yes. But some people in here are acting like people have had their whole lives ruined by having their car damaged. Yes, people are fucking things up, and they should be caught and locked up. For people out of work, and having their businesses damaged especially. But lives are not being permanently ruined to the point some people are talking about.

Regardless, the injuries you show don't compare to the fear and damage that innocent people are suffering through right now. I would much rather injure every single looter like this if it even saved 1 persons livelihood.

Dead Man said:
Generally, yes. But some people in here are acting like people have had their whole lives ruined by having their car damaged. Yes, people are fucking things up, and they should be caught and locked up. For people out of work, and having their businesses damaged especially. But lives are not being permanently ruined to the point some people are talking about.
You tell that to the people who lost their home or business...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The fact that these riots aren't under control yet just goes to show how soft Western Europe, and in particular the UK, has become. This sort of shit would not be tolerated at all anywhere else in the world.

And if I had property that was under threat by the riots right now I'd probably not confront the rioters at all and just let insurance handle it. Because knowing what's happened in the past I'd probably get sued if I even looked at a rioter the wrong way.

Dead Man said:
Actually... yes, they will.

Many people are going to have no jobs to go back to after this, many have no insurance back ups, and many are losing precious things that can not be replaced. These folks have done nothing to these rioters who are destroying peoples lives. No mercy

Even with assitance from multiple places, this kind of stuff can often never be recovered after. You see it all the time after disasters, so many factors will often lead to no recovery for many folk.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
terminallyChill said:
Farage on BBC News. This should be good.

He's been quite restrained actually.

Bring out the army, but stopped short of saying shooting them all or deport them.

Hanmik

why would they go out of their way to set fire to Sony´s Factory in Enfield..?

http://www.reuters.com/article/video/idUSTRE7780P020110809?videoId=218112579

Ym30T.jpg

SteveWD40

Meadows said:
How bad is it in Manchester? I haven't been following it as I'm on a trip to Taipei.

LOL it isn't IN Manchester!

Quiet as mice, ignore the bullshit "omg it's EVERYWHERE", just went out in the centre (where I live), nothing and no one out of place. No sirens last night at all or all day today of note.

Oh and from Twitter:

Oxford Street, Regent's street, Carnaby Street & so on are all absolutely fine and ticketty boo. Tourists & locals alike enjoying the shops

Just been for a walk around #balham - all fine, busy with shoppers. Any rumours so far are false #londonriots

Update: There is NOTHING happening at Walthamstow - nothing in shopping centre, or at station. please stop tweeting otherwise & RT this!

keepcalmcarryon.jpeg

ashley678 said:
so an update so far.

riots have kicked off in brixton.
chatham high street is closed with a few buildings near primark on fire.
eltham is closed due to argos an mc donalds being raided..
its starting to kick off in bellinham too now.
where is this being reported?

Mecha_Infantry said:
See this is majorly suspect to me

Do you know how far away this factory is? You can't just bike it in a few mins..It's so far out of the normal reach, I think something else is behind that. Maybe real big time criminals

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it's the only building damaged.

Meadows

Banned
Greater Manchester Police sending riot/armed police to London.

Hopefully they'll show em' a thing or two. GMP don't fuck about. Good to know nout has happened in Manchester, I thought it would be odd with the GMP being as hard as they are on that type of shit.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
BlazingDarkness said:
where is this being reported?

by me and my friends in the areas,

rumors for riots kicking of in penge an sydnem later tonight

54-46!

I wish I had the money to hire an army of martial artists who toured around the world and beat the shit of these assholes like these.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
industrian said:
The fact that these riots aren't under control yet just goes to show how soft Western Europe, and in particular the UK, has become. This sort of shit would not be tolerated at all anywhere else in the world

http://youtu.be/E7Drx9X0BaE

http://youtu.be/7rCSu9GO1ps

Yeah, but is this the right way?

I mean, there is suppression of rioters and there is suppressing the conciousness of that dude with a riot shield.

And this is why you don't act up in Korea.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So sick of the excuses being made for shitty behaviour. Its always somebody else's fault... its the government, its the police, its big business, its the rich... ffs.

No more excuses.

Mecha_Infantry said:
See this is majorly suspect to me

Do you know how far away this factory is? You can't just bike it in a few mins..It's so far out of the normal reach, I think something else is behind that. Maybe real big time criminals

Well it was kids on bikes that torched the place according to the police.

StuBurns

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah hit quite badly, police warning residents/shop owners there may be further attacks tonight
Someone is getting a very nice Bang & Olufsen hifi it seems.

Jokes aside, thanks for reply. I lived there for a few years actually.

Casp0r

Banned
Can't believe they're not considering water cannons ... but they are arming the police with baton rounds ...

Really?

Water cannons don't hurt people as bad, quell large mobs and drench the fuckers so they get cold and miserable rather than fired up and pissed off.

Heads better roll in the governments due to their candid and laxed approach to these riots.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
15.02 Some eyewitness accounts of what is happening in West Bromwich now. Sources say helicopters are circling overhead and a large group of people is gathering outside one of the pubs in the town centre.

This is mirroring the build-up in places from yesterday.

Let's hope the increased police presence quashes it.

Ponti

Casp0r said:
Can't believe they're not considering water cannons ... but they are arming the police with baton rounds ...

Really?

Water cannons don't hurt people as bad, quell large mobs and drench the fuckers so they get cold and miserable rather than fired up and pissed off.

Heads better roll in the governments due to their candid and laxed approach to these riots.
The police made the point that water cannons would be useless against this kind of crowd that moves around a lot in small packs rather than big clusters where the cannon is more effective.

LiK

Casp0r said:

Really?

They should fill those tanks up with pepper spray instead. BURN THEIR EYES!

Adamm

Casp0r said:

Really?

I think the problem is getting water cannons to england.

UK Mainland doesnt have any and its "marching season" in Northern Ireland - so we wont be keen to let them borrow ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom