• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casp0r

Banned
Ponti said:
The police made the point that water cannons would be useless against this kind of crowd that moves around a lot in small packs rather than big clusters where the cannon is more effective.

Fair enough, lets hope we hear some scum got their heads caved in with baton rounds tomorrow.

Meus Renaissance said:
Something about this woman gets under my skin.

kay-burley.jpg

Sooo would.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Kayo-kun said:
Absolutely disgusting.......

Whelp, I've changed my mind. Sned in the Korean riot police.

suzu

Can't believe this is still going on.

Btw, was skimming the thread, and isn't the blog post about the restaurant diners being robbed from a GAFer? D:

Manager

Ponti said:
The police made the point that water cannons would be useless against this kind of crowd that moves around a lot in small packs rather than big clusters where the cannon is more effective.

I guess it would also lead to a lot of damage to the structures, stores, they are stealing from. When for example looking at that Game video, they look very separated from eachother.

Adamm

I also think its strange how the rest of britain seems to be against Water cannons, rubber bullets, the army etc..

Everything suggested has already been used in Northern ireland before. We are part of the UK arent we? Why is fine to use them here, but not on the mainland?

Northern Ireland police know how to deal with riots!

Adamm said:
I also think its strange how the rest of britain seems to be against Water cannons, rubber bullets, the army etc..

Everything suggested has already been used in Northern ireland before. We are part of the UK arent we? Why is fine to use them here, but not on the mainland?

Pretty much everyone is calling for rubber rounds/water cannons right now

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Adamm said:

As I said earlier, I wasn't even aware NI still used them.

I doubt many people are, very little is reported on that here.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bbagwell said:
If I had a business there I would be standing in front with a SOCOM 16 asking if anyone wanted carryout service.
this is amusing

Kurtofan

BlazingDarkness said:
Pretty much everyone is calling for rubber rounds/water cannons right now
I can't believe they didn't use them from the get go, and I'm not in favour of a police state in any way.
How do they want the police to handle rioters?

suzu

Zenith said:
Had her wedding ring stolen by those fuckers I believe.

That really sucks..
I just remember seeing that username before in the monthly book threads and food threads.

Dabanton

V_Arnold said:
The endgame really is here, huh.
Teenagers these days... not all of them, no. But those who are out on the streets for BLOOD and for loot should deserve what is coming for them.

They are asking for it, and they will get it.
Disturbing on one hand, and...well, cant really express the feeling on the other hand.
"Interesting" times just does not cut it. Horrible times does, but it is not exact.

All I can say is that if this forces those who would never do things like this, and we can finally ENFORCE laws and morals on our society with whatever the tools we have to use, the better. There needs to be changes done.

'Morality' starts at the top our elected leaders and others in power have not been exactly setting an example lying and filling their pockets all in a much more 'legal' way of course.

"Greed is good" has been our national ethos since Thatcher.

Once the streets are cleaned up and everyone pretends things have gone back to normal these kids will still be out there a rage has risen up in this country the last few days and as misplaced as it was that should frighten everyone especially our clueless politician and elected Councillors who were content to let the country burn whilst off on their expensive holidays. These are the kids that have been failed by their parents,their schools and their government.

And now we have to sadly put up with them.

Number45

https://twitter.com/#!/Sony/status/100933583690141696

We can confirm our DADC Distribution Center in Enfield, UK has been damaged by fire. No injuries to employees; the damage is being assessed.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
catfish said:
this is amusing

It is, because one store owner can't do anything.

During the LA riots, the Korean store owners would gather together to defend their strip malls. They put shooters on the roof, and arranged cars, dumpsters, forklifts, etc in the parking lots as fortified, defensible shooting positions.

Also, all of them had spent time in the military and were surprisingly well armed.

They were doing this in groups of 20 or so as well.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wouldn't the best thing for citizens against this mob to do would be taking as many photographs and videos of mobsters committing crimes as possible? Maybe create a website to archive all this photographic evidence for future prosecution? That's what I would have done if I were home in Toronto during the G20 riots.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Dabanton said:
'Morality' starts at the top our elected leaders and others in power have not been exactly setting an example lying and filling their pockets all in a much more 'legal' way of course.

Once the streets are cleaned up and everyone pretends things have gone back to normal these kids will still be out there a rage has risen up in this country the last few days and as misplaced as it was that should frighten everyone especially our clueless politician and elected Councillors who were content to let the country burn whilst off on their expensive holidays. These are the kids that have been failed by their parents,their schools and their government.

Why are people still spouting this nonsense? This riot is a convenient excuse for a class of society to go looting and causing destruction that they won't have to pay for. No ideaology is behind this.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nugents retail park near orpington was looted last night, its in local newshopper.

Manager

Is that guy who is standing next to Boris part of the parlament? Who had his hand on his shoulder. He seems to enjoy being there.

Gaaraz

Just preparing some data for the people upstairs (the important people!) to help them decide who goes where, there's been no trouble in the county so far (thank god!) but we're preparing for the worst and also hopefully helping to support other areas... all leave for officers cancelled, all shifts changed to 12 hours minimum :eek:

Meadows

Banned
I tried to think of a reason for the riots and all I came up with was that British, same as all western society, places great value on material goods and these people aren't being given the jobs to pursue those material goods legitimately.

But guess what, I'm poor and want a 30" TV and an iPad 2, so you know what I do? Work at Pizza Hut while I'm at University. I was born in a poor area too so there are no excuses there.

If I were in London, living on a high street, I'd be up all night with a camera making sure I took 100s of pictures of every rioting cunt out there. Arrest them, make them build a prison and put them in it. Cunts.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
It is, because one store owner can't do anything.

During the LA riots, the Korean store owners would gather together to defend their strip malls. They put shooters on the roof, and arranged cars, dumpsters, forklifts, etc in the parking lots as fortified, defensible shooting positions.

Also, all of them had spent time in the military and were surprisingly well armed.

They were doing this in groups of 20 or so as well.
58852252.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Furret

Banned
Boris was pretty good there.

At least he actually seems to have some sort of human personality, unlike most politicians.

Casp0r said:
Can't believe they're not considering water cannons ... but they are arming the police with baton rounds ...

Really?

Water cannons don't hurt people as bad, quell large mobs and drench the fuckers so they get cold and miserable rather than fired up and pissed off.

Heads better roll in the governments due to their candid and laxed approach to these riots.
plus its easy to spot them :)

Jintor

Divvy said:
Wouldn't the best thing for citizens against this mob to do would be taking as many photographs and videos of mobsters committing crimes as possible? Maybe create a website to archive all this photographic evidence for future prosecution? That's what I would have done if I were home in Toronto during the G20 riots.

http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/

additionally, the Met is posting pics on flickr

Dabanton said:

Stop trying to rationalize it
These scum don't give a fuck, they set out to destroy and steal for no reason outside of their own selfishness and for a buzz, it's not because they've been failed by anyone, they don't care about school or education, these people drop out, they don't care about working, they live off of the dole, they don't care about the government outside of getting free money and housing, they are completely isolated from the rest of society and couldn't give a fuck that has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom