• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

dwu8991 said:
You can't blame them! Low incomes and unemployment create a sense of inequality.
They also don't have investments in shares or property, so they don't accumulate any sense of wealth.

Hope you are kidding.

Sneds

Foliorum Viridum said:
It makes me fucking sick these scumbags can just gather like that.

They should all be arrested IMMEDIATELY.

Gathering like that is protected under our freedom of assembly. It's generally considered to be a fundamental human right. It's part of the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Dice said:
If anyone is going out for the sake of their neighborood, please be mindful to use safe tactics. There may be confidence at times but 1-on-1 encounters is not the way to go. An offensive trio with two larger fellows guarding is ideal, sufficient even against a small crowd if you are decisive and focus on one person at a time as they are likely to be unorganized in their attacks.

I don't really encourage this sort of thing, but I do know that people will defend their homes. So if it comes to it, don't think there is some honor in combat that says you can't team on one guy. A false sense of fairness is a good way to find yourself seriously hurt, yet also use some judgment and try not to kill anyone. They should leave on their own after a good clobbering.

If someone is trying to set your house and community on fire, is there really anything wrong with eye-gouging? Opinions, gaf?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
• Trouble in Birmingham, Salford, Wolverhampton & West Bromwich
• London on lockdown as police anticipate fourth night of violence
• 16,000 police deployed tonight as Met leave cancelled
• Officers warn they may open fire with plastic bullets
• Ealing resident 'in critical condition after facing rioters'
• 563 arrested across London and 105 charged

18.51 The Telegraph's Nick Hoult is in Birmingham and has just seen looters attacking Harvey Nichols. Riot police are now protecting the upmarket store.

18.50 Reports of some unrest in Canning Town, east London.

18.44 Masked thugs are throwing bricks and pushing bins around in West Bromwich. They are also attempting to push a white van onto its side and there are reports of a car on fire.

18.41 Journalists from Sky and the BBC have been attacked in Salford and Birmingham.
Arif Ansara, the BBC's north east political editor said he saw looters attacking two shops in Salford and says his camera man was attacked. He is okay.

Gangs in Birmingham attacked a Sky News camera man and two broadcasters had their car attacked with sticks. They were chased off by riot police.

Raydeen said:
Sniper. That would reel in some of these suckers. They would literally fall at the spot they were looting.

fixed for dramatic effect.

Imagine you are about to smash the window of an Apple store and you turn your head just in time to see your buddy's head explode. How much shit would you spill?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
timetokill said:
I can't keep up with this thread entirely, but do we have any awesome stories like the Koreans defending their shops from the LA riots?

It wasn't that awesome.

It was a horrible necessity for those store owners. Darryl Gates deployed the police not to stop. but contain the riots in the South Central to keep it from spreading to more affluent areas. The LAPD abandoned South Central and K-Town. At least the London PD is being deployed.

Even when the LAPD did show up, they just looked around, saw the armed store owners, said "Well, looks like you go things under control." And left.

Sneds said:
Gathering like that is protected under our freedom of assembly. It's generally considered to be a fundamental human right. It's part of the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Yeah, except half of them are hiding their fucking faces and everyone knows why. Shit is about to kick off.

It's bullshit. They should be arrested.

Or, told to fuck off at the very least.

_54501023_012623830-2.jpg

Is this a goddamn movie?

Sneds said:

Not if there's a national security issue, it aint. HRA isn't as black and white as you think.

lifa-cobex

Raydeen said:
Sniper with tranq darts. That would reel in some of these suckers. They would literally fall at the spot they were looting.

That would be ace. I would spend all night doing that. In fact I would pay to do it.
However i would be aiming for eyes.

woolley

cyberheater said:
I know what you're saying but that's not the way to deal with them. It's times like this when a country is under stress that they have an opportunity to demonstrate to the world how civilised we are. Hopefully, we can come out of this with our heads held high knowing we took all reasonable steps to resolve this civil unrest.
The police not doing more to stop the looters just makes the country look incompetent and not more civilized.

Any chance this will end soon?

DECK'ARD said:
Sorry to hear you're going through that, one of my mates is going through the same thing at the moment.

Glad it could bring some laughs though. If there's one things us Brits do well, it's turn any event into something humourous :)

Thanks I needed a laugh but I should have edited that post to be more clear, no I don't have cancer I was born with something serious that is blood related so I share the same ward for my treatment, wish your mate a speedy recovery made a lot of friends here its not easy to fight that but everyone is in good spirits, everyone is watching tv or surfing the net

Anyway I hope this mess is over soon... I have been waiting for the Summer Olympics :)
okay you guys have a year to clean up

Sneds

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah, except half of them are hiding their fucking faces and everyone knows why. Shit is about to kick off.

It's bullshit. They should be arrested.

Or, told to fuck off at the very least.

Arrested under what law though? You can't just arrest people because you suspect that they might commit a future crime. This isn't Minority Report. Obviously the people committing crimes should be arrested, prosecuted and punished.

Your Excellency said:
Not if there's a national security issue, it aint. HRA isn't as black and white as you think.

That would have to be a very extreme definition of 'national security'. The rioting and looting isn't a national security risk.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Because it kicked off with certain people, police did nothing, they saw people stealing shit, joined in, police have still done very little and now it's spreading.

There is NO ideology behind this. It's just cunts being cunts.

Their ideology is easier to understand than Anders Breivik and they have killed fewer people, so far. I suppose that they are cunts though. I will give you that one professor.

Veezy

que?
Your Excellency said:
If someone is trying to set your house and community on fire, is there really anything wrong with eye-gouging? Opinions, gaf?
Signing in from Knoxville, TN GAF.

I'm a center left progressive, and very anti-death penalty, but very pro self defense. You try to hurt my family or set my home on fire, I'm fine with more than eye gouging. That's my fucking home.

Sneds said:
Arrested under what law though? You can't just arrest people because you suspect that they might commit a future crime. This isn't Minority Report.

Public disturbance? Just need to harass them, take some prints in case they turn up matches from the previous days? Better than nothing at the moment.

lifa-cobex

dwu8991 said:
You can't blame them! Low incomes and unemployment create a sense of inequality.
They also don't have investments in shares or property, so they don't accumulate any sense of wealth.

What?!
They have a roof over their heads, shirts on their backs and are able to eat. WTF!!!
Apparently that's not enough? No these people deserve to take i-phones, TV'S and burn my car.

Your Excellency said:

Nothing wrong with it. Try to fuck up both eyes, if you can. Minimize their trouble making capacity in the future.

33-Hit-Combo said:
Public disturbance? Just need to harass them, take some prints in case they turn up matches from the previous days? Better than nothing at the moment.

The cells are full already. It would be a waste of resources. They need to tackle the real threats.

Your Excellency said:

Anything goes. I'm aiming for their heads if they come to my town. A golf club to the head will fuck them up.

Sneds

33-Hit-Combo said:

I saw a video posted in this thread of police in Birmingham telling people that if they didn't move on they would be arrested for public disturbance/breach of the peace. Seems like a stretch to me.

The other problem is that, according to the BBC, at the moment the jail cells in London are full. They're having to move people to police stations nearby.

BattleMedic said:
Pics from Manchester.
5RjTJ.jpg

trEf2.jpg
Jeeze, I grew up in Greater Manchester. Been to the Arndale centre many times. That dude in a balaclava? that's freaking insane... I'd be picking my kids up and getting the hell out of dodge

This entire situation just makes me sad, from all perspectives...

Sneds said:
That would have to be a very extreme definition of 'national security'. The rioting and looting isn't a national security risk.

You seriously need to read up on police powers. You're under the impression that any group of people can go marching/assembling whenever they want whenever they want however they want saying whatever they want wearing whatever they want and the HRA will protect them from police. Heh, not quite. The HRA wasn't written by idiots.

MarkMclovin said:
The cells are full already. It would be a waste of resources. They need to tackle the real threats.

In London they are. Elsewhere where people are only congregating, they're likely kick off soon and then we'll see more damage.

Temrer

Neo Member
DangerousMali said:
everybody wants a fight, a lot of angry shop keepers around
I'd be interested to see % sales increase by region, personally. Obviously sales will be up in the hit areas, but where else is worried about riots?

Furret

Banned
MarkMclovin said:

The need to tackle the real threats to the ground and kick them in the head. (And then arrest them.)

Meadows

Banned
As risky politically as it might seem if Cameron deploys the army to affected areas this will end straight away. They could just give them powers of arrest, but by my money if these chavs see the army out they won't go near.

Pollux

Your Excellency said:
Haven't seen you around here in a while, how ya been?

and as for the question, no. when it comes to protecting, life, family, and property, in that order then nothing is really out of the question.

Sneds said:
I saw a video posted in this thread of police in Birmingham telling people that if they didn't move on they would be arrested for public disturbance/breach of the peace. Seems like a stretch to me.

The other problem is that, according to the BBC, at the moment the jail cells in London are full. They're having to move people to police stations nearby.

I guess we should all just put the kettle on then, eh? The arrest threat would definitely be a stretch under most other circumstances, but when there are that many people getting together, with masks, gloves and 'weapons', then it is probably applicable. Not criticising your points of discussion btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom