• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
zomgbbqftw said:
Our street just had a meeting and have agreed that the men are going to band together against the rioters with any kind of weapons we have. One of the guys has a pump action rifle and a shotgun which should be very useful, but most are going with baseball bats, golf clubs and crowbars.

Fuck these arseholes.

Also:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

Official government petition that will get a guaranteed hearing at the HoC if it reaches 100k people. Everybody sign!

Best to stick together. Good of your street to band together like this - any legit organized resistance will send this scum running.

SolidusDave said:
iRNFU.png

again, rubber bullets -> pew pew pew

that photo is so damn strange

THE:MILKMAN

zomgbbqftw said:
Our street just had a meeting and have agreed that the men are going to band together against the rioters with any kind of weapons we have. One of the guys has a pump action rifle and a shotgun which should be very useful, but most are going with baseball bats, golf clubs and crowbars.

Fuck these arseholes.

Don't forget the LP collection!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
zomgbbqftw said:

Fuck these arseholes.

Also:

Official government petition that will get a guaranteed hearing at the HoC if it reaches 100k people. Everybody sign!

Put the guns away mate. In this twisted justice system we have, they'll get into more trouble then the rioters.

raphier

Banned
I love how people condemn these fuckers with every sort of insult, yet they don't stand behind their words. I gotta give these chavs some respekt for standing behind their every word. That's even too much.

Vigilante GAF assemble! Stand behind your words! Make me proud!

But seriously now, why is there no Community force against these crowds :(

zomgbbqftw said:

Fuck these arseholes.

Also:

Congrats on finding people to help you protect your neighborhood. I hope it doesn't reach you guys, and that you're all safe if it does.

Sir Hugh Orde, confirmed douchebag

Sir Hugh Orde, head of the Association of Chief Police Officers, has told The Guardian that water cannon and plastic bullets are currently not necessary in London. He said:

Quote I do not think it would be sensible in any way shape or form to deploy water canon or baton rounds in London. Baton rounds are very serious bits of equipment. I would only deploy them in life threatening situations where my officers were under live fire, bombs or massive petrol bombs.

What is happening in London is not an insurgency that is going to topple the country. There are 8 million people in London and it is a tiny proportion doing this. They are gangs of looters and criminals and although it is concerning it has to be kept in proportion.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
thezerofire said:
Man, I really hope those fresh cops help to quell the riots.

Edit: Whoa whoa, keep the guns away, dudes. Use them just in case of home invasion, otherwise you are going to find yourselves in some serious trouble.

Cronen

GAF I've been out for the last few hours, what have I missed? Has it started in Manchester now as well?

I have friends on Facebook from back home hearing rumours of riots happening tonight in some towns in Kent.

Atrophis

Sent home from work an hour early due to threats of riots in Nottingham town centre.

Saw increased police presence on the way home but nothing kicking off thank fuck.

Jal

Someone asked on my local radio is this the product of a consumerist society. This is basically kids from poorer families who are bombarded with advertisment and seeing wealthier kids going out and stealing computers, tvs,phones, sports clothes, there's no point to this other than knowing they have the chance to get away with free stuff.

Cronen said:
GAF I've been out for the last few hours, what have I missed? Has it started in Manchester now as well?

I have friends on Facebook from back home hearing rumours of riots happening tonight in some towns in Kent.
Yes it's started in Manchester and Salford

geedundee

Neo Member
observing this from up in scotland cant believe it could go widescale. seeing buildings up in flames just for laffs is..... well its not good

just heard an mp on the radio saying looters had taken their kids to argos to help loot

feels bad

2011 is a year to remember... why is so much happening?

There is definitely a lesson to be learnt here among the mindless carnage, England is a lot less dignified/civil than I thought. As far as I'm concerned, Police should be able do whatever they like to calm down the mobs, they aren't worth any sympathy.

zomgbbqftw said:

Fuck these arseholes.

Also:

Signed. Signed. Signed

Feorax

raphier said:
I love how people condemn these fuckers with every sort of insult, yet they don't stand behind their words. I gotta give these chavs some respekt for standing behind their every word. That's even too much.

Vigilante GAF assemble! Stand behind your words! Make me proud!

Because, typically enough, the UK would put effort behind prosecuting and punishing those who defend themselves, rather than the actual rioters.

Funky Papa said:
Man, I really hope those fresh cops help to quell the riots.

Edit: Whoa whoa, keep the guns away, dudes. Use them just in case of home invasion, otherwise you are going to find yourselves in some serious trouble.

The Turk militia in Palmers Green used them to great effect last night. One guy shot in the air and they all ran for it apparently. Some came back and tried to rush the guy with the gun, but another guy smashed one of them in the head with a bat and then they went off running again.

raphier said:

Aren't Brits always told to not defend themselves, to let the police come and take care of things? It seems that when that message has been fully instilled, and then you have a situation where the police can't or won't take care of things, people are unable to get back into any sort of defense mode.

I can't keep up with this thread entirely, but do we have any awesome stories like the Koreans defending their shops from the LA riots?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
thezerofire said:

He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Why would anyone think it was a reasonable response to use baton rounds on civilians unless it was absolutely necessity is beyond me.

Hopefully, the police will get the praise they deserve for learning the lessons of the past and showing commendable restraint. Nobody wants to see folks injured and killed by the police.

Meadows

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:

Fuck these arseholes.

Also:

Errr. Don't go out with them mate, leave it to the police, it's their job.

just stick to hand-to-hand stuff, you can say it was self-defence, your gun-toting friend might go the way of Duggan if he goes out with that

Raydeen

Going off in West Brom - Police repeating their completely ineffectiveness from yesterday. Sigh... what are they waiting for, more shops to be torched? Fucking hell, this is pathetic.

timetokill said:
I can't keep up with this thread entirely, but do we have any awesome stories like the Koreans defending their shops from the LA riots?

Turks, Kurds and Greeks have banded together in Green Street, Turnpike Lane and Palmers green with shotguns, baseball bats and crowbars. Very little looting in any of these areas.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm sitting at a cancer ward surrounded by cancer patients all getting treatment
I have in IV going into my chest but I am now laughing my ass off *in tears*

the world is so strange but the internets sure makes you feel better

Sorry to hear you're going through that, one of my mates is going through the same thing at the moment.

Glad it could bring some laughs though. If there's one things us Brits do well, it's turn any event into something humourous :)

SteveWD40

BlazingDarkness said:
Manchester info was reported on Sky News

The same Sky News that had a ticker of unguarded areas in an attempt to incite more looting? They are loving this, slag off the "poor" and take attention away from Murdoch.

I am not saying it hasn't happened on some scale near that end of town, but it isn't much as far as I can see and the BBC are more likely to verify first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom