• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Man, we would have sent in the National Guard a long time ago. But I guess our MO is squash now, there's time for regret and reflection later.

IdreamofHIME said:
The One Show has the family who owned that furniture store in Croyden.

So sad :(

2 World Wars and then this...

Somehow I doubt this is not on the level of World Wars. Lets not overstate things!

Teh Hamburglar said:
Somehow I doubt this is not on the level of World Wars. Lets not overstate things!

the area got blasted during the blitz and the building made it through, then one night hoodies set it alight to keep the police busy while they loot JD Sports.

This was taken in Manchester around the Northern Quarter.

UI5Wo.jpg

Market Street.

B46ye.jpg

Meadows said:
As risky politically as it might seem if Cameron deploys the army to affected areas this will end straight away. They could just give them powers of arrest, but by my money if these chavs see the army out they won't go near.
It'd be a big mistake to deploy the Army. That would be a big, big deal in regards to the UK's identity.

The police, in any form are made to protect the public and keep the peace and word of law.

The Army is to protect the Governmental interests and sovereignty of the UK against it's enemies.

If you deploy the Army against the general public in our streets, it's declaring British civilians the enemy. They're not trained as peace keepers, they are not enforcers of law. We're talking about deploying a military force against civilians (Albeit however criminal) the damage would be monumental to the UK's future way of life in my opinion.

Something I noticed when recording that video, I saw these two young black male adults wearing New Era caps and each with a pitbull on their leash; the stereotypical image of a council estate youth. They walked on the other side of the road and they got some of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. There was this South Asian lady walking behind them, and she was eye balling them so hard she couldn't hide her resentment.

Fuck

Sneds

33-Hit-Combo said:
I guess we should all just put the kettle on then, eh? The arrest threat would definitely be a stretch under most other circumstances, but when there are that many people getting together, with masks, gloves and 'weapons', then it is probably applicable. Not criticising your points of discussion btw.

Obviously no-one in this thread, me included, is an expert on police strategy. We're all back-seat drivers. If the Police had the desire/authority to arrest people just for congregating in city centres then presumably they would have done it already. I guess that they don't think that it's practical/legal/helpful.

I'm not suggesting that the Police do nothing. I was watching an interview with Diane Abbott, a Labour MP for central London, and she was saying that a shopping centre had been constantly looted by people for hours. She couldn't understand why the Police hadn't intervened. I agree with her but at the same time I don't know what the Police are thinking and what their overall strategy is.

Meadows

Banned
Nihilistic Monk said:
It'd be a big mistake to deploy the Army. That would be a big, big deal in regards to the UK's identity.

The police, in any form are made to protect the public and keep the peace and word of law.

The Army is to protect the Governmental interests and sovereignty of the UK against it's enemies.

If you deploy the Army against the general public in our streets, it's declaring British civilians the enemy. They're not trained as peace keepers, they are not enforcers of law. We're talking about deploying a military force against civilians (Albeit however criminal) the damage would be monumental to the UK's future way of life in my opinion.

Northern Ireland

Rain_ng said:
Leicester

Brain Dead Twats.

I would beat the mother loving shit out of those two if I still worked in the city center. It's really about time that people start to take shit into their own hands if the law aren't going to stand up to them.

lifa-cobex

How the fuck is this still going on!! They're not even waiting for nighttime anymore. They have zero fear factor of the police and to be honest i can't say i blame them.
Nothing is being deterred.

Pollux

Nihilistic Monk said:

Wouldn't it be the same as when the US deploys the National Guard?

Furret

Banned
Nihilistic Monk said:

As far as the majority of people are concerned these chavs are the enemy. No one would care, and many would cheer, if the army went ballistic on them.

Nihilistic Monk said:

IMO, each dead rioter would improve the UK's future way of life.

Meus Renaissance said:
Something I noticed when recording that video, I saw these two young black male adults wearing New Era caps and each with a pitbull on their leash; the stereotypical image of a council estate youth. They walked on the other side of the road and they got some of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. There was this South Asian lady walking behind them, and she was eye balling them so hard she couldn't hide her resentment.

Fuck

If you're dressed like the rioters what should you expect?

Jal said:

smh @ aluminium bats. don't you guys know wood is the way to go? nice maple, keep your stance wide, look for the skull on the outside corner and hit to the opposite field. don't try to pull or you'll get more swing and misses unless your a slugger.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
it has been confirmed that Prime Minister David Cameron will chair a meeting of the government's emergency committee Cobra at 09:00 BST on Wednesday morning.

Desmond

ashley678 said:
it has been confirmed that Prime Minister David Cameron will chair a meeting of the government's emergency committee Cobra at 09:00 BST on Wednesday morning.
Why is he waiting, this shit should be happening now

Sneds said:
Obviously no-one in this thread, me included, is an expert on police strategy. We're all back-seat drivers. If the Police had the desire/authority to arrest people just for congregating in city centres then presumably they would have done it already. I guess that they don't think that it's practical/legal/helpful.

I'm not suggesting that the Police do nothing. I was watching an interview with Diane Abbott, a Labour MP for central London, and she was saying that a shopping centre had been constantly looted by people for hours. She couldn't understand why the Police hadn't intervened. I agree with her but at the same time I don't know what the Police are thinking and what their overall strategy is.

It is pretty damn poor, the last few days the Police have almost been as much of an audience as we have. I'm hoping that their greater numbers tonight will stop stuff happening, but that's only restricted to London at the moment, Manchester don't seem as prepared for obvious reasons.

As animal-like as it sounds, I want to see looters being rushed down. Not bystanders, but obvious looters. It'd at least show that the force aren't prepared to only watch...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
stupidity really is a virus worse than HIV at this point. Just look at how its spread this week. A wake up call for many to realise exactly how stupid, ungrateful and just a drain on resources a good portion of the population really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom